AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-22, 11:00   Link #1
Trudinh

Smile Anime Similar to Guilty Crown

I just finish watching Guilty Crown up to the lastest episode and i really like it. Is there any more anime out there that is similar to it.

- Awesome Action Fight scene (it dosnt have to be like Guilty Crown, where the fight scene is like gun firing, missile blowing) it can be like naruto or bleach kinda fight style. But i do like the futuristic time like the anime take place in a modern time or futuristic time where there train, tv, cars and people wear modern cloth style. rather then old historic times.
- A little Romance to it like Shu and Inori
- A little Violent - a little bloody, people dieing - something to feel sad about
- Great story line
- Awesome cool looking Character design like how Shu is

Plz dont suggest code geass. Im not a fan of Mecha "But Guilty Crown has Mecha in it" I know, a little Mecha in it like Guilty Crown is fine but i dont want the whole story to revolve around Mecha.

EDIT: Any Romance ~ Action
- No mecha
- No harem

Last edited by Trudinh; 2012-02-22 at 17:14.
Old 2012-02-22, 11:31   Link #2
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Try Sacred Seven : the 2011 12-episode supernatural action TV anime is centered on a highschool boy named Arma who's avoided by everyone in his school because he was responsible for killing several students in a certain incident that happens some years ago. One night, he meet a young girl named Ruri who has some powers and ask him to take her powers. However, Arma refuses this request proposed by Ruri and runs away. The next night, Ruri gets attacked by a monster before Arma gives some of her powers and save her. It has loads of good fights, some romance, little portion of mecha and could be bloody at times. Not to mention with a great storyline and good-looking characters.

The same goes for Senki Zessho Symphogear : the 2012 ongoing 12-episode (only 7 episodes are released at the moment) supernatural science action TV anime is centered on a highschool girl named Hibiki who participated on a concert held by a duo of female singers known as Zweiwing. However, a group of aliens known as "Noise" kills everyone except Hibiki and Zweiwing. The latter were turned into warriors singing and fighting noise at the same time. However, one of them died in order to protect Hibiki. 2 years later, a piece of fragment appears inside Hibiki's body and it was supposed to contains some powers held by a dead girl 2 years ago. It has loads of good action scenes, great storyline, good-looking characters, few bloody scenes but do not have romance in it, not to mention that this one lacks mecha.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-02-22 at 11:45.
Old 2012-02-22, 11:55   Link #3
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I recommend Darker than Black. It fits all your requirements.

I would also recommend To Aru Majutsu no Index. (Well YMMV on the storyline but if you liked Guilty Crown...)
Old 2012-02-22, 12:14   Link #4
Trudinh

i might try darker than black, my friend is pretty good. to aru majutsu no index watch it already- i was disappointed of very few scene where mikoto show up.
Old 2012-02-22, 12:17   Link #5
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudinh View Post
i might try darker than black, my friend is pretty good. to aru majutsu no index watch it already- i was disappointed of very few scene where mikoto show up.
You know there's a side story called To Aru Kagaku no Railgun that focuses exclusively on Mikoto, right?
Old 2012-02-22, 12:22   Link #6
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You know there's a side story called To Aru Kagaku no Railgun that focuses exclusively on Mikoto, right?
yes and touma dosnt show up often in that one. so basically it kinda disappointing.
Old 2012-02-22, 13:06   Link #7
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Are you looking for these shows I recommend ?
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-02-22, 13:18   Link #8
Trudinh

Sacred Seven - i dont like anime where the character transform. i watch this ugly but yet beautiful word. and i didnt really enjoy the fight scene.
Old 2012-02-22, 13:21   Link #9
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudinh View Post
Sacred Seven - i dont like anime where the character transform. i watch this ugly but yet beautiful word. and i didnt really enjoy the fight scene.
Let's recommend the classic one called S-cry-Ed.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-02-22, 15:49   Link #10
Arya

mm, I'd say Macross Frontier, Gundam Seed (but it is full Mecha so .. ) and Full metal Panic (I and III season). These are quite well-known, and lookin at your requirements this is the right order FMP, Macross and Gundam Seed. But I bet you have already watched two out of three of them.
Oh, then you could try Chrome Shelled Regios (no mecha), but IIRC it has an open ending (to a second season, unheard so far) and if you could stand the ugly old fashioned design style then I'd suggest The Vision of Escaflowne. And the last is Phantom:_Requiem for the_Phantom. It has more blood, no mecha, no futuristic settings.
edit: forgot to say that Regios has not so much romance in it IIRC.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.

Last edited by Arya; 2012-02-22 at 16:01.
Old 2012-02-22, 17:23   Link #11
Aesthetic Shampoo

when i read the title haha...

I'm going to recommend Code Geass anyway, because you don't seem to have seen it and the whole story does not revolve around mecha. It'd be a shame to miss because of some misconception.

My other suggestion is Noein. It deals with a girl and her friends when they get involved with a war between two different alternate dimensions from the future. It's a bit old, and the character designs are weird, but damn does the story, action, and music make up for it (if you mind that sort of stuff anyway). Overall, it is downright epic. Highly recommended by me
Old 2012-02-23, 08:30   Link #12
Trudinh

if u say so ima give code geass it a try, i tryed darker then black and i didnt really like it, tryed the first 4 episode and it just weird and confusing.
Old 2012-02-23, 11:25   Link #13
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I'd say Macross Frontier
If Trudinh wants to get into the Macross franchise I strongly suggest they watch the original series, SDF Macross before jumping on one of the sequels.
Old 2012-02-23, 11:41   Link #14
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
If Trudinh wants to get into the Macross franchise I strongly suggest they watch the original series, SDF Macross before jumping on one of the sequels.
Like the OP said, he wants little mecha, not the whole story involving mecha I think.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-02-23, 12:30   Link #15
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Let's recommend the classic one called S-cry-Ed.
I strongly second S-cry-Ed.

I'd also recommend Buso Renkin.

Ga-Rei Zero has all the requirements the OP listed, except maybe romance. For action scenes, though, you don't get much better than Ga-Rei Zero, imo.
Old 2012-02-23, 12:51   Link #16
blackstormattack

If you want some mecha and a harem try Infinite Stratos
Old 2012-02-23, 18:13   Link #17
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstormattack View Post
If you want some mecha and a harem try Infinite Stratos
that the thing, i dont want harem and mecha.
Old 2012-02-23, 18:13   Link #18
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
To tell you the truth I've never watched the original series, so that's why I didn't suggest that.

And I wasn't trying to get him into any franchise, Macross nor Gundam. I'm not into them either. It's just that MF is not really mecha centered and has enough romance and fighting. As Full metal panic, but a more subtle romance. As Code Geass, which probably should be his first choice. In all these three anime I'd say that the mecha factor is not really the main point. It's more an accessory. In contrast to Gundam Seed who is full mecha centered, but in some way it has similarities with GC. But probably here I'm strongly biased by the pink/sing factor

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-02-23, 19:26   Link #19
Trudinh

what i mean by similar to guilty crown is that it dosnt have to be like same storyline and stuff ( with rebellion, guy is weak and and become strong when meet girl, japan being in chaos, government take over.

i want is an anime that have these feature

- Awesome Action Fight scene (it dosnt have to be like Guilty Crown, where the fight scene is like gun firing, missile blowing) it can be like naruto or bleach kinda fight style. But i do like the futuristic time like the anime take place in a modern time or futuristic time where there train, tv, cars and people wear modern cloth style. rather then old historic times where people wear robe and living in temple like place and ride horses.
- A little Romance to it like Shu and Inori or yuji and shana or aria and Kinji or Taiga and Ryuuji
- bloody battle - people dieing ( not like some kids show where the worst can happen is someone getting a booboo )
- Great story line
- Awesome cool looking Character design like how Shu is
Old 2012-02-24, 10:48   Link #20
miketyson

Darker than Black is about what you want, I think. Same with the Black Lagoon series. Beyond that you kinda have to look into older series (like maybe Witch Hunter Robin, Blue Seed, etc.), because for the most part the kind of action you're looking for has pretty much been "out of fashion" since 2005 or so; if you want "real violence" -- but also don't want mecha, etc. -- you'll have an easier time finding it if you look at stuff made in the early 2000s and late 90s.

Eureka Seven is probably the closest thing you can find to GC in terms of story (GC is like 60/40 Eureka Seven and Code Geass, imho) but probably isn't what you want; the romance is a little heavier than in GC, the overall mood isn't as serious, and the action isn't as hardcore (almost no major characters ever die, with a few exceptions the "deaths" are due to mecha blowing up, etc.).
Closed Thread