Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-01-09, 20:59   Link #421
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
A few seiyuu like Ogura Yui and Mohoroshi Sumire started out really young it's doubtful they went to a seiyuu or acting school. Did they went through some kind of audition or were they scouted out? I'm wondering how the other seiyuu who got in "the hard way" perceive them.
most likely Seiyuu school. Or if they were scouted it wasn't originally for their voice.
Old 2013-01-10, 17:31   Link #422
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Yeah I noticed this too, while I still have a lot of favorite male seiyuu who are still active, a lot of my most favorite female seiyuu are barely acting anymore.

I wonder if I am just watching the wrong series but it doesn't seem that way.

Well at least Tanaka Mayumi is still going strong as Luffy.
I never see Aya Hisakawa around either.....she was probaly one of the first seiyuu I knew about when I first started watching a decade ago.

I guess pushing actresses aside after they hit a certain age is international while the male seiyuu keep on going I guess...*shrugs*
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 20:42   Link #423
judasmartel
*Author

I guess it has something to do with:

1. The oversupply of female seiyuus and the requirement of voice desirability in order to voice young female roles, or roles that are supposed to voice like young females. If it's not the oversupply, it must be the desirability factor.

2. There aren't much male seiyuus compared to females, and males are pretty much stuck in male roles which are not given much importance in shows which sell anime girls anyway.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 21:38   Link #424
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Aya Hisakawa is presently doing Kaoru Niimi in Space Battleship Yamato 2199. The blue haired science officer on the ship.
Old 2013-01-12, 17:38   Link #425
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious108 View Post
Sometimes? How about all the time? Most of my favorite female seiyuu fall under that description: Houko Kuwashima, Noriko Hidaka, Minami Takayama, Junko Noda, etc. They rarely show up these days and even when they do it's mostly episodic/bit roles. Houko Kuwashima in particular used to be so prominent in the 2000s, but it seems that, save for some exceptions, once you get past 30 your desirability really starts to wane.
I have to say I think my favourite seiyuu Mizuma Maki might suffer from this too since she past 30/ nearing her 40s and to make it worse she isn't that well known neither. Which is a scary thought for me.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 21:15   Link #426
lordkas

I miss kotono mitsuishi at least we should be happy for the sailor moon reboot once again but japan is being japan
lordkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 22:42   Link #427
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkas View Post
I miss kotono mitsuishi at least we should be happy for the sailor moon reboot once again but japan is being japan
You know when they cast for the SM reboot this year, they'll probaly be hiring the A List for that one...Hanazawa, Haruka Tomatsu(?), the actress who was Neko in K and Marika in BSP...
Old 2013-01-14, 00:02   Link #428
lordkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
You know when they cast for the SM reboot this year, they'll probaly be hiring the A List for that one...Hanazawa, Haruka Tomatsu(?), the actress who was Neko in K and Marika in BSP...
I dont know, toei have a good relationship with some of their old seiyuus ................................. but then I just dont know enough
lordkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 01:25   Link #429
Echoes

Well, I don't know how relevant it is given the difference between the characters (nor do I know much inside stuff about the industry), but Kotono Mitsuishi did come back to reprise her role as Misato in the Evangelion Rebuild movies, so it might not be out of the question.
Old 2013-01-14, 14:20   Link #430
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Well, I don't know how relevant it is given the difference between the characters (nor do I know much inside stuff about the industry), but Kotono Mitsuishi did come back to reprise her role as Misato in the Evangelion Rebuild movies, so it might not be out of the question.
True....

I guess we'll wait and see.
Old 2013-01-14, 15:44   Link #431
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkas View Post
I dont know, toei have a good relationship with some of their old seiyuus ................................. but then I just dont know enough
The issue it is not confirmed that Toei is doing the Sailor Moon reboot so they might end up having recently hyped voice actors.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 15:49   Link #432
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Yeah, probably not all that relevant with Misato being an adult and Usagi a 14 year old girl.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 06:34   Link #433
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious108 View Post
Yeah, probably not all that relevant with Misato being an adult and Usagi a 14 year old girl.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking myself, but who knows, she might still have it in her.

She didn't come back to do Birdy in that remake either, but that turned out to be a good and fun series regardless. Which gives me hope that they'll be able to pull off the new Sailor Moon series well, with or without Kotono Mitsuishi.
Old 2013-01-16, 15:26   Link #434
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
A few seiyuu like Ogura Yui and Mohoroshi Sumire started out really young it's doubtful they went to a seiyuu or acting school. Did they went through some kind of audition or were they scouted out? I'm wondering how the other seiyuu who got in "the hard way" perceive them.
Tooru Fuuya and Yuuki Aoi has acting experience at around 8 years old. If that's what you're looking for.
Old 2013-01-16, 21:45   Link #435
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
Tooru Fuuya and Yuuki Aoi has acting experience at around 8 years old. If that's what you're looking for.
I wasn't looking for other seiyuus that started out young though. I was wondering that since they started out that young, there's no way they went to a specialized acting or seiyuu school, so were they scouted out instead or were there some special audition for them? Where did their parents come in all this? And how would the other seiyuu that did went through school sees them?
Old 2013-01-16, 22:04   Link #436
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

In the case of Aoi, she's reportedly great friends with top-rated seiyuu Sawashiro Miyuki whom she met while working on Kurenai. Not everyone goes through seiyuu school I don't think. Sometimes a popular singer will be recruited. Hoshii Nanase did a terrific job voicing the titular role in Kemono no Sou-ja Erin. So far it's her only role. Same story for the young ladies who voice the characters in AKB0048.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 15:46   Link #437
Theo

2012 was a great year for voice acting regardless of writing. I can't capture all the great lines but I can get some notable moments. That's why I made this:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 12:16   Link #438
matteas
Member Member

Narration is usually paid much better, so a seiyuu over 30 who is able to land CM and other narration jobs can have some free time for herself and earn the same money as a seiyuu who mostly does anime roles and is busy all the time. So it makes sense that you'd see older female seiyuu less in anime. It's not like they are not getting any work, at least when it comes to the well-known ones.

Regarding Ogura Yui, she used to be in Gekidan Touhai agency as a small child and then she joined HAPPY!STYLE, a small talent agency. She must have gone through all sorts of training there, including voice training as it is necessary for every talent. I don't know what kind of requirements she had to meet to be able to join HAPPY!STYLE, but remember that being affiliated with an agency does not mean you will get roles in anime. You still have to take an audition for every role.
matteas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 11:50   Link #439
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Its January 20th in Japan now and so a happy birthday to one of my favorite seiyuu Inoue Marina.

My favorite roles from her are(not in this order):

Midorikawa Nao/Cure March(Smile Precure)
Mikazuki Yozora(Haganai)
Laura Bodewig(Infinite Stratos)
Tsukiumi(Sekirei)
Chiffon Fairchild(Freezing)
Nate Mitotsudaira(Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon)

She'll be doing Tohka in the upcoming Date a Live anime so I can't wait for that.
Old 2013-01-23, 03:56   Link #440
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
The issue it is not confirmed that Toei is doing the Sailor Moon reboot so they might end up having recently hyped voice actors.
So is an all-star cast possible? How about KugiRie?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote