AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-02, 10:43   Link #141
mikeomni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I'm surprised there's not more fanart.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Watch episode 9 ...

Spoiler for Images:
Old 2013-06-02, 10:48   Link #142
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

We so need a crossover fanfiction with Ledo and Ika-Musume now.
It must end with the two getting married and raising their little hideauze children.

Old 2013-06-02, 13:35   Link #143
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Speculation on the GA in light of the recent episode:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...58#post4705958
Quote:
Okay, I don't think cloning is involved after watching episode 9: I think the eugenics approach of the GA was created to both combat the idea of genetic manipulation ala the Evolvers and to combat humans adapting to space.

It's been proven that space travel, especially long periods of it can have detrimental effects on humans. The Evolvers relied on genetic manipulation, becoming something beyond human. The rest of humanity, disgusted by what their fellow man had become, decided on eugenics. The war with the Hideauze/Evolvers serves two purposes: a way of annihilation against those who gave up their humanity and a way to sift the wheat. The weak die in battle and those who survive their 16th birthday are deemed the strong and allowed to procreate and create a stronger generation. Those born weak are disposed of and the cycle continues. Scary stuff
Old 2013-06-02, 17:15   Link #144
Gravitas Free Zone

On the bright side? (Bright side? Am I crazy?) We see Pinion's brother's Yunboro inside the building, and the final shot of the preview for Episode 10 looks like Pinion pouring out the contents of a flask, so at least maybe there's some resolution for one character's background event coming up.
Old 2013-06-02, 20:33   Link #145
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Hahahahahahahaha omg it turned out to be true! LOL.
Old 2013-06-02, 21:04   Link #146
Funkatron
Highly irregular

So after this I don't see Ledo turning whalesquid hugger but he isn't going back to the GA either. I think he is going to end up living on the Gargantia with Amy, after of course dealing with whatever 'traitor' fail-safe Chamber has. Chamber has to have one, seeing how controlling the GA is. He's going to realize that Ledo no longer wants to fight for the cause and may label him and possibly the Gargantia fleet as traitors to humanity. If he has a protocol to deal with traitors, Ledo is in it deep.
Old 2013-06-02, 21:16   Link #147
mikeomni

Possible endings ...

1A) Reason whalesquids are sacred, they take the dead, process them and make new humans. Fairlock de geso returns to negotiate with Ledo. Ledo realizes this is the natural cycle of earth, being earthbound he deactivates Chamber and lives with the natives.

1B) Same as 1A but Chamber isn't completely under control. In order to protect the Gargantians and Whalesquids he reactivates the mass driver and launches himself with Chamber into space. They go to find the wormhole generator, with the excuse of returning to GA, set it to self destruct so it can't be reused. Ledo goes to his heroic demise taking all information on Earth with him.

1C) Ledo and chamber crashland back into the ocean. Ledo's body merges with a whalesquid, his likeness returns to Gargantia.

2) Ledo is conflicted. He decides against further interference and decides to back to cold sleep (Hikikomori) after reuniting with the Gargantians. Amy tries to talk him out of it ... life is precious ...yada yada. Chamber becomes UBG because he's for war. Ledo decides to become a whalesquid so he can fight Chamber. Everyone in Gargantia joins him. They win, they all live squiddly every after.
Old 2013-06-02, 21:36   Link #148
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeomni View Post
Possible endings ...

1A) Reason whalesquids are sacred, they take the dead, process them and make new humans. Fairlock de geso returns to negotiate with Ledo. Ledo realizes this is the natural cycle of earth, being earthbound he deactivates Chamber and lives with the natives.

1B) Same as 1A but Chamber isn't completely under control. In order to protect the Gargantians and Whalesquids he reactivates the mass driver and launches himself with Chamber into space. They go to find the wormhole generator, with the excuse of returning to GA, set it to self destruct so it can't be reused. Ledo goes to his heroic demise taking all information on Earth with him.

1C) Ledo and chamber crashland back into the ocean. Ledo's body merges with a whalesquid, his likeness returns to Gargantia.

2) Ledo is conflicted. He decides against further interference and decides to back to cold sleep (Hikikomori) after reuniting with the Gargantians. Amy tries to talk him out of it ... life is precious ...yada yada. Chamber becomes UBG because he's for war. Ledo decides to become a whalesquid so he can fight Chamber. Everyone in Gargantia joins him. They win, they all live squiddly every after.
I seriously doubt merging is still occuring:
1. The whalesquid can reproduce, as seen by those whalesquid eggs/embryos
2. Relying on people randomly falling into the ocean to create new whalesquid is inefficient
3. Whatever science created the symbiotes that fuse with humans, I seriously doubt they can bring someone back from the dead like you are suggesting. Fairlock was dead dead.
Old 2013-06-02, 21:45   Link #149
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Moreover, do people actually want to become squids after their demise?
What kind of life do they even have? They don't even need to eat since the lightbugs provide their nourishment.

Ah whatever let's face it. There isn't a single sign of a whalesquid civilization. Everything that you can see in their nest is just stuff that humans created and that was left to itself to decay and rot. In who knows how many years they didn't produce a single thing and they didn't even care to fix or do maintenance to what already existed.

Hell the Yunboroid of Pinion's brother was just left there. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a human skeleton still inside.

These whalesquids are just beasts.

Old 2013-06-03, 01:03   Link #150
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Hell the Yunboroid of Pinion's brother was just left there. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a human skeleton still inside.
After looking at the data Ledo found, Pinion's brother probably became a Hideauze and gonna slap Pinion for being an idiot.
Old 2013-06-03, 02:09   Link #151
sky black swordman

^ If he did become a Hideauze, there is possibility he may be dead yet again. After all Ledo just kill every single Hideauze present at that location.
Old 2013-06-03, 13:05   Link #152
Gravitas Free Zone

If the series really is, at its core, a tale of young adults finding their way in the world and is meant to be positive, there has to be at least some bright spot in this for Ledo. Episode 9 has pretty much hammered home the idea that "Every part of the status quo in your world is going to suck somehow," between having people turned into squid people, killing thousands of those squid people, having your own government probably lying to you via omission, and having your AI companion stop listening to you and possibly able to fry your brain.

In that sense, just surviving is looking good!

The Ledo/Chamber confrontation would be the remaining part of breaking with his old ways, but if Chamber has at least even some attitude adjustment he would still function a character role as at least one positive representation of Ledo's past. I suppose it depends on how much the series wants to dump on parental figures.
Old 2013-06-03, 17:10   Link #153
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeomni View Post
Reason whalesquids are sacred, they take the dead
Actually, I believe the reason they're considered sacred is because the Hideauze provide electricity. "Coexistence"
Old 2013-06-03, 17:24   Link #154
Casshern

I too think that they might be necessary to the ecosystem in some way, maybe with that green sparkly stuff they shed or possibly by preventing the earth from freezing again.

I'm just hoping we'll get a proper Urobucher ending with the Hideauze and Galactic Alliance utterly annihilating each other, while the Gargatians and whalesquid end up being the only survivors left of the 2 species.
Old 2013-06-06, 07:56   Link #155
Revan21

New image

Spoiler for Image:
Old 2013-06-06, 08:16   Link #156
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

"kaeru basho e"

Doesn't that suggest that Ledo will return to the alliance?

Old 2013-06-06, 08:33   Link #157
Revan21

I'm thinking
Spoiler for Final battle speculation:
Old 2013-06-06, 10:45   Link #158
ReddyRedWolf

Images
Belly Dance

Evolver influence?

Images
Gargantia symbol

Gargantia was a Continental Union or Galactic Alliance offshoot all along?
Old 2013-06-06, 11:27   Link #159
LKK

My husband brought up the point that we don't know much about the Earth's peoples' history post-exodus. His speculation is that the fleet commanders know more than they're letting on. Clearly Ridget didn't know anything additional. But what if Fairlock knew more of the history than he told her? Building on that thought, I came up with the idea that when Ridget starts going through Fairlock's private records, she learns the rest of the story such as: What happened to the people (unionists & evolvers) who remained on earth? Why do the symbols in the fleet match the unionist symbols? Why do the festival costumes seem to mimic the whalesquids? There's more to know & I hope we learn it in the next episode.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2013-06-06, 15:05   Link #160
ReddyRedWolf

Here is a theory Earth's wormhole gate still works. Some Drifters that broke off from the Alliance rediscovered it and integrated with the locals.

This is where the idea of combined fleets come from. As it emulates the combined colony fleets in space.
Closed Thread