AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-02, 17:24   Link #121
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Another bump to this sadly neglected thread. I guess a lot of people dismissed this show early on (well, that and they're waiting for the subs), but I really grew to like it. The character designs were a nice hook, but I soon became interested in seeing "just how deep the rabbit hole goes" (so to speak ).

Anyway, for the 5-or-so rest of you who like this show (I'm joking...), in case you might be considering picking up the R2 DVDs, the box and packaging looks really nice! Really solid, glossy artbox to house all 6 DVDs. Here are some quick, crappy shots so you get the idea:

Spoiler for Kagihime DVD Box:
In terms of other pack-ins, there's a booklet with all the guest character designs (and a little mini manga omake), a cardboard "standie", and this really nice postcard (featuring the same art as on the box):

Spoiler for Kagihime DVD 1 Postcard:
(Cleaned up a bit of the half-tone screen, but it wasn't as finely screened as some, so you can still see the artifacting. I'll probably clean it up more later.)

Also, the DVD has a really nice reverse cover from one of the guest artists:
Spoiler for Kagihime DVD 1 Reverse Cover:

Haven't watched the DVD yet to see what extras are on it, yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

Edit(3): See xrex's post below for his excellent images of the entire package!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2006-05-02 at 19:04.
Old 2006-05-02, 19:02   Link #122
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Another bump to this sadly neglected thread. I guess a lot of people dismissed this show early on (well, that and they're waiting for the subs), but I really grew to like it. The character designs were a nice hook, but I soon became interested in seeing "just how deep the rabbit hole goes" (so to speak ).

Anyway, for the 5-or-so rest of you who like this show (I'm joking...), in case you might be considering picking up the R2 DVDs, the box and packaging looks really nice! Really solid, glossy artbox to house all 6 DVDs. Here are some quick, crappy shots so you get the idea:

Spoiler for Kagihime DVD Box:
In terms of other pack-ins, there's a booklet with all the guest character designs (and a little mini manga omake), a cardboard "standie", and this really nice postcard (featuring the same art as on the box):

Spoiler for Kagihime DVD 1 Postcard:
(Cleaned up a bit of the half-tone screen, but it wasn't as finely screened as some, so you can still see the artifacting. I'll probably clean it up more later.)

Also, the DVD has a really nice reverse cover from one of the guest artists:
Spoiler for Kagihime DVD 1 Reverse Cover:

Haven't watched the DVD yet to see what extras are on it, yet, but I'm looking forward to it!
Hehehe, I'm one of those other 5... and I've bought the DVD box set also. Good work on photographing and scanning those images. I like the mini-manga/Alice-Users Guest Character Booklet.. the images are nicely illustrated.

And like you, I haven't yet watched the DVDs yet, but I took a quick look at the Special Features, and it has an Arisu music video (I think it was made for this DVD) with original animation. The beginning has an intro by Arisu's seiyuu Ai Shimizu, but it's hard to hear her because the background song is so loud.

I also have pics of the Kagihime box and contents here.
Old 2006-05-02, 19:40   Link #123
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I am also one of the 5

finish watching the raws been waiting for the fansubs.
Old 2006-07-11, 03:31   Link #124
NeoSam

Volume 4 of the seinen manga Kagihime Monogatari Eikyuu Alice Rinbukyoku will be released on 27/7/2006

I'll post its cover when its available.

It seems the manga has ended and this is the last volume of it
Old 2006-07-16, 00:09   Link #125
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

It feels refreshed to come back to this series after a delay absence. Since Kagihime still remains unlicensed, I'm saved that Megami and EvalPowar picked it up.

I remember having left after episode five.

Although I continue to have issues with character designs and the mellow-mellow Alice stuff (particularly the female character's proportions ), the sixth episode hits a turnover to the next arc.

How Takion's power functions to create other worlds? Likely, the same as Drosselmeyer from Princess Tutu. What he imagines from his heart comes to life and crosses once he starts writing the story.

What Takion intends to do with Aruto natural talent to copy Alice stories from the heart as a means to get his wish fullfilled? I'm looking forward to find out, so please no spoiling since this series has remained unfinished to me.

So, the blondie twins are Alice-Alison. Could they have a connection with Ryddell, Takion's servant?
Old 2006-07-21, 20:19   Link #126
molitar

Well I finished watching this series and it sucked that his love Arisu remained in that world and he would no longer visit or see her. Also episode 13 was a total waste it wasn't even an interesting story at all it was boring. The ending felt forced and didn't feel right at all and from the credits it appears that their should of been alot more characters so they decided to do an episode 13 just to show them and it was poorly done.
Old 2006-07-27, 19:33   Link #127
NeoSam

The last volume of Kagihime manga got out today >.<

Here it is the last volume, which is volume 4:

Seinen manga
Serialized in: Dengeki Daioh

I'll post a better cover and add it to the first post when a bigger image is available.
Old 2006-07-28, 13:00   Link #128
NeoSam

Here's a bigger cover of the last volume (volume 4) of the seinen manga:

Very cute
Old 2006-07-28, 17:33   Link #129
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yeah, I really like the manga art (which is why the DVD box and postcards are so nice). Even though DrMaster's a young company with a somewhat questionable quality record, I'll definitely give their Kagihime manga release a try (license announcement). I already have the Japanese originals, though (with vol. 4 on the way). An anime license is probably a bit much to hope for (at least if the fan reaction around here is indicative), but it's still a series I like a lot.
Old 2006-07-28, 22:15   Link #130
rooboy
Umeboshi!

The first volume of the US manga is being released in October, it was in today's Previews. I've never bought anything from DrMaster, are they known for having problems?
Old 2006-07-29, 02:17   Link #131
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I've never bought anything from DrMaster, are they known for having problems?
Well, some of their earlier releases were renowned for their shoddy quality, but I'm told things have improved. They're definitely a start-up sort of company, so while I don't totally buy the "we're so small, so we couldn't afford higher quality" excuse, at least it's good that they're learning. (Better late than never, as they say.) Kagihime will be the first series of theirs that I'm following personally, so I'll wait and see. In spite of the apparent pessimism (which it really isn't), I'm looking forward to it.

Oh, incidentally, I guess I never posted the (slightly salacious) postcards and reverse covers for DVDs 2 & 3.

Spoiler for Fanservicey Postcard & Reverse Cover from Kagihime DVD 2 - NSFW!:
Spoiler for Fanservicey Postcard & Reverse Cover from Kagihime DVD 3 - NSFW!:
Old 2006-08-14, 11:24   Link #132
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Whoa Keyblades and children's stories. Sounds familiar at first glance. And the second the main character started talked my jaw dropped and I was like, "Oh My God he's a dude".
Old 2006-08-14, 11:43   Link #133
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

The anime is good except the heads are too small and the hair is too big/thick.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2006-08-14, 12:31   Link #134
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
My god that was Takehito Koyasu at the end of episode 1, ALL RIGHT! This show doesn't look that bad, a bit lighthearted, but at least the soundtrack doesn't make me want to cut off my ears like most of these types of shows. This show must take some inspiration from Kingdom Hearts though, as the story with the symbolic unlocking of heats and especially the weapons are too similar for it to be a coincidence.
Old 2006-08-14, 19:46   Link #135
DanielSong39

The anime may not seem to be much at first but episodes 8, 10, and 12 are keepers. Too bad the rest of the series can't measure up.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-15, 00:58   Link #136
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
Too bad the rest of the series can't measure up.
Oh, I don't know about that... measure up to what? I enjoyed the earlier episodes quite a bit too (after all, that's what got me hooked to the show). I suppose, though, that you have to enjoy the characters and the theme on their own, so I know it's not for everyone (which explains why it gets so little attention here). But "not measure up?" So you say...

Spoiler for Postcard and Reverse Cover for DVD 4!:
Old 2006-08-16, 05:27   Link #137
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I never actually noticed her keyblade had a feather motiff.

I'd love to see more backstories on the other girls because the ones they did get into were extremely interresting and I'd like to see how their weapons worked. Giant swiss army knife for the win

At least the books are liscensed now so maybe we'll see more in there.
Old 2007-01-11, 02:22   Link #138
DanielSong39

After a second viewing...

Hmm. It seem that I missed a lot the first time. Perhaps my mistake was seeing this as yet another pointless magical girls/harem setup - I can see the creepy, darker aspects of the show much more clearly the second time around.

It all starts with the girls - far from being generic, they all have disturbing dark sides underneath the sweet exterior. Add Takion, the mad genius, Liddell, and the two little Alices - and it adds up to a world that is both wonderful yet freaky at the same time.

Still, 8 and 10 stand out as the best episodes of the bunch. Asuka was the best villain, hands down: her "Leviran's Folly" was truly a memorable weapon. Second place goes to the little Alice Twins, who manage to be mischievious, ruthless, and sadistic - in between giggles.

Despite its flaws I felt it distinguished itself as a unique work. It's somewhat disturbing, but it's supposed to be. It's one of those shows that you love, or love to hate; "mediocre" is not a word I would use to describe the show.

Oh, and two thumbs up for the score - outstanding work by Hikaru Nanase. Looking forwards to her future works (probably D.C. II).

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2007-01-31 at 03:24.
Old 2007-01-11, 03:47   Link #139
slidingk1

I don't know about this anime here's hoping the manga is better. Now it has me thinking if there ever adapted this into a hen game now that would be interesting.
Old 2007-02-26, 11:59   Link #140
Bloodseeker

*is currently downloading*

I get the feeling that I'm going to regret wasting 6 hours of my life on this show just like with every other unhyped anime that I downloaded on a whim without knowing much about it (except for Code Geass... easily my second favorite anime of 2006 behind Higurashi (it wasn't hyped yet when I started watching it)), but magical girls kicking the crap out of each other is relevant to my interests, so...

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2007-02-26 at 12:11.
Closed Thread

Tags
kaishaku, kemonomimi, shounen