AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-05, 14:47   Link #21
Dessert

Eh, I'm sure heklins got a few, I've gotten a couple myself. One of them from our very own Lordi
Old 2006-09-05, 23:17   Link #22
Lordi
Final Reality X

Send a message via MSN to Lordi
That's right
Old 2006-09-06, 13:48   Link #23
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Hmm I'm tempted to offer my services as a translator but despite the fact that I do have experience translating a few Ero-games with some of my work being on the web, I'm not all that skilled with coming up with decent translations from Japanese to English(ESPECIALLY when it comes to narrations. The narrations can really mess me up....), I don't know if I'm right for the role unless I'm allowed to learn as I move along.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2006-09-12, 23:15   Link #24
SotiCoto
Nobody of any importance.

Send a message via MSN to SotiCoto
o_0;

... This seems moderately recent.

Don't mind me. I just happened to aquire Shuffle! by certain means, but since I don't know a shred of Japanese it means absolutely nothing to me at present...
I did however catch word of some so-called patch for it in a description at datorrents.com ..... so would anyone mind filling me in? I honestly haven't got a clue.... and I really would like to understand the game..... preferably without having to try and teach myself Japanese (or kidnap a Japanese student from UCL and force them to translate at knife-point).
Old 2006-09-13, 08:10   Link #25
Lordi
Final Reality X

Send a message via MSN to Lordi
We're working on the patch, but no ETA at this point.
Old 2006-09-13, 08:39   Link #26
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
lol @ Dessert XD
just hang on... the patch will be ready anytime now =X
Heklin overwork himself for that >.>;;
Old 2006-09-13, 09:10   Link #27
SotiCoto

Whoever this Heklin person is then, I'm thankful for their efforts... and its lucky that I aquired Shuffle! now and not earlier... close to the completion date for this.
As it stands, even if I taught myself Japanese I wouldn't be able to read it anyway as all I get up on the screen is garbled characters....
Old 2006-09-13, 09:23   Link #28
radister
Back and Alive! i think!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SotiCoto
Whoever this Heklin person is then, I'm thankful for their efforts... and its lucky that I aquired Shuffle! now and not earlier... close to the completion date for this.
As it stands, even if I taught myself Japanese I wouldn't be able to read it anyway as all I get up on the screen is garbled characters....
garbled characters.. have you tried setting your system settings to japanese?
thats the most common solution for this problem.
if you don't then even with english text you have problems, (such as over lapping letters and so)
Old 2006-09-13, 09:27   Link #29
night soul
Just Another Lost Soul

I have acquired shuffle 2 months ago,still waiting patiently for the patch,my copy of the game is here to last.
But returning to the main topic,i think the logo of gamepatch is cool,,,,but,,,don´t you guys think its better,or a simpler one or,instead of one girl in the logo(giving preference to nerine)(my favourite is kaede)put all of the girls in there?
Old 2006-09-13, 09:29   Link #30
SotiCoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by radister
garbled characters.. have you tried setting your system settings to japanese?
thats the most common solution for this problem.
if you don't then even with english text you have problems, (such as over lapping letters and so)
I see...
So in order for it to function normally the entire computer needs to be set over to Japanese?
That makes sense... though I'm wary of doing that since I'm certain I'm not familiar enough with the Japanese language to turn the computer back once I was done, and could cause myself some quite serious issues.
Thankyou for your explanation though.
Old 2006-09-13, 09:42   Link #31
night soul
Just Another Lost Soul

simply change your non-unicode programs language to japanese,windows will stay the same.

control panel \ hour date language \ language options \ advanced
change the language to japanese
Old 2006-09-13, 11:15   Link #32
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
Although some applications will change their language and certain characters will be turned into kanji(?).
Old 2006-09-13, 11:46   Link #33
SotiCoto

... Ok.
Sounds like a plan... for the time being at least. ^_^
It would be interesting to see whether I've actually learnt enough to be able to pronounce what I could see that way, regardless of my not understanding it! ^_^;;

Thanks!
Old 2006-09-13, 12:30   Link #34
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by night soul
I have acquired shuffle 2 months ago,still waiting patiently for the patch,my copy of the game is here to last.
But returning to the main topic,i think the logo of gamepatch is cool,,,,but,,,donīt you guys think its better,or a simpler one or,instead of one girl in the logo(giving preference to nerine)(my favourite is kaede)put all of the girls in there?
Well, there is simply no such thing as too much Nerine. But I imagine Nerine was used because that picture of her in the nurse uniform was already available, and it fit in with the band-aid theme for the patch.
Old 2006-09-13, 12:32   Link #35
ShadowrazoR
Unlimited Bishoujo Works

Quote:
but,,,don´t you guys think its better,or a simpler one or,instead of one girl in the logo(giving preference to nerine)(my favourite is kaede)put all of the girls in there?
I think it's because only Nerine was ever seen in a nurse uniform. Fits the Band-Aid thing perfectly, I'd say.

Though I'm actually a Sia fan... *sniff sniff

EDIT: Geh. Furudanuki posted 2 minutes before me, rendering my post totally pointless.
Old 2006-09-13, 13:21   Link #36
night soul
Just Another Lost Soul

if you put it like that ,it does have it´s logic.
don´t get me wrong,i like that logo, but i think that with so many shuffle fans willing to give their ideias,it could be done a much better one. changing the logo rating to a much higher awesome.
Old 2006-09-13, 13:47   Link #37
~Daisuki~
☆☆☆&#97

Quote:
Originally Posted by SotiCoto
o_0;

Don't mind me. I just happened to aquire Shuffle! by certain means

i smell bit torrent lol :P
the logo was better as it was before nerine was on it.. what happens if they start translating soul link etc.. nice to have a nutral logo. anyway good luck.
Old 2006-09-13, 20:53   Link #38
SotiCoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Daisuki~
i smell bit torrent lol :P
To be splitting hairs, the "torrent" part was quite correct, though I've not seen the "bit" part used in anything I've touched for several years. Same basic principle though. I wouldn't be so dishonest as to deny it. ^_^;;

Quote:
the logo was better as it was before nerine was on it.. what happens if they start translating soul link etc.. nice to have a nutral logo. anyway good luck.
Is that what this thread is really all about?
The logo? o_0;

I mean... its... just an image. A symbol... It vaguely gets the point across, so thats all thats needed, right? It doesn't exactly comply to my own personal sense of asthetic, but then I'm not even remotely important here.
Old 2006-09-14, 02:26   Link #39
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
rofl.
i'll try to 'make' them one logo consisting of all the girls :3
Old 2006-09-17, 00:17   Link #40
lolipedofin

Quote:
simply change your non-unicode programs language to japanese,windows will stay the same.

control panel \ hour date language \ language options \ advanced
change the language to japanese

But when i opened the control panel, there are no option for japanese language, do you know the link where i can get that....?? And if i installed that, will my browser be able to show Japz character?? Thanx for the info (though it's not intended 4 me...)
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ero-game, game patch, navel, romance, school life, translation