AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-14, 17:47   Link #1301
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I just want to add that Gestapo-chan sounds like an incredibly cute nickname.
That is all.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 18:07   Link #1302
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
? Wakarimasen.
I mean when she said to him why she was there and ask to Tatsumi the same and if he join the RA.Of course Tatsumi answer no and continue that he will not change Idea.

Quote:
Soji, the whole point of dramas is to create and show a change like this. Some characters are supposed to stay evil throughout (e.g. Emperor Palpatine), but they are generally shown as CONSISTENTLY evil. Esdese isn't. With your logic, there wouldn't be Darth Vader of ROTJ.
Not always at time the only point is to make the story more interesting. While i do see you're point. I really can't see(for now at least) her change side.

Quote:
At the moment, Esdese is - aside from Tatsumi - the most important character in the story. She also receives the most frame time. Unlike Tatsumi and unlike Akame, she actually has the capability to really make a difference. She could actually realize Tatsumi's dream, if she'd have a change of heart. And this is by far the most logical and likely route to victory I can see.
Like I say some time ago. The author have no other way that do this ,the way Esdes first appear,there is was no way that he can give her less screen time than this.But now that he end to show us most of her i wonder what route he will take. One thing that i can guess we will see less about her. Also I thought that Tenchi Hou Take(at least I think was him) already explain why you're route here not fit the story (at least for now).
So I avoid to repeat what he say some time ago.
Quote:
But hey, let's see. My predictions: Shamballa-Teleporter guy will undermine Esdese's position with the Minister, and so begin to drive a wedge between Gestapo-chan and the Minister-Empire. Let's wait and see.
Honestly? I not think this is the role that he will play.But like you say let see what will happen from now on.
Randrak42@ And you notice that nickname only now? I suppose you not read all the post then. Wait I thought you already read and even comment about this nickname that Mentar use for Esdes
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 18:17   Link #1303
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
The thing is, he looks nothing like his father, if that's case. Furthermore why would he be causing such destruction?

Really? When you have a father like that who's as powerful as that, he most probably grew up to be a selfish asshole who really doesn't care. Countries corrupt to the core might as well do whatever you want. God knows what he wants probably chasing immortality like that king before.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 18:32   Link #1304
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Randrak42@ And you notice that nickname only now? I suppose you not read all the post then. Wait I thought you already read and even comment about this nickname that Mentar use for Esdes
I have a horrible memory
Old 2012-07-14, 18:53   Link #1305
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
? Wakarimasen.

Soji, the whole point of dramas is to create and show a change like this. Some characters are supposed to stay evil throughout (e.g. Emperor Palpatine), but they are generally shown as CONSISTENTLY evil. Esdese isn't. With your logic, there wouldn't be Darth Vader of ROTJ.

At the moment, Esdese is - aside from Tatsumi - the most important character in the story. She also receives the most frame time. Unlike Tatsumi and unlike Akame, she actually has the capability to really make a difference. She could actually realize Tatsumi's dream, if she'd have a change of heart. And this is by far the most logical and likely route to victory I can see.

But hey, let's see. My predictions: Shamballa-Teleporter guy will undermine Esdese's position with the Minister, and so begin to drive a wedge between Gestapo-chan and the Minister-Empire. Let's wait and see.
TBF that is highly unlikely, change of heart sure but it won't be without heavily nerfing her one way or another, either by creating a villain she can't defeat or making her weaker. One things almost certain the author isn't going to go the easy way and just have her do all the hard work while making the MC have very little input one way. The road to what Tatsumi wants will be tough and may not even be achieved, actually there's a good chance it won't.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 19:31   Link #1306
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Really? When you have a father like that who's as powerful as that, he most probably grew up to be a selfish asshole who really doesn't care. Countries corrupt to the core might as well do whatever you want. God knows what he wants probably chasing immortality like that king before.
While all that is probably true, I meant more in the lines what is his motive for actually opposing his father? Is he after the country? Revenge? Testing himself? Or is there something he's looking for specifically in the Empire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Tatsumi doesn't like Esdeses' character yet - he's just affected by her body just like he reacts to Leone's teasing.

And Esdeses isn't changing sides until Tatsumi disproves her morals. Since childhood she has believed that only the strong survive, and currently the Empire is the stronger side.

I do agree that there is hope for her since she is clearly not as evil as the Minister, but we're still far from having her defect from the Empire.
Actually I think Mentar is right here. The fact that Tatsumi had mentally remind himself she was an enemy rather than it being instinctive speaks for itself. He's becoming more neutral towards her the longer they're together at the very least. Everything else I agree.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-07-14 at 20:49.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 21:57   Link #1307
NeutralZero

Tatsumi saw a different side of Esdes, the side only available earlier to her comrade mainly the 3 dead beast... and now the jaeger... saw her in a different light... his reaction and him remembering himself where he stand is a given considering his personality...
Scar face has a story to tell considering who he is and his connection to the empire... the question would be what domino effect it would produce... he for us seems like a main turning point for Esdes if she is to join Tatsumi in the far future or corrupt her/ turn her from worse to worst personality wise...
In a way what could be scar face's connection to Stylish... he did after all knew of the where stylish hid his experiment... and he is present in most scene of the new species of hazard type... assuming he is the hooded figure...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 02:10   Link #1308
Soji

Quote:
Actually I think Mentar is right here. The fact that Tatsumi had mentally remind himself she was an enemy rather than it being instinctive speaks for itself. He's becoming more neutral towards her the longer they're together at the very least. Everything else I agree.
Neutral ...yes.But not more than that. Also like I say his answer that time was more something from his character.although like i say ,i not deny he become a little more neutral towar her.
NeutralZero@ I still think we will not see her change side. But we will see.
Old 2012-07-15, 02:27   Link #1309
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
One things almost certain the author isn't going to go the easy way and just have her do all the hard work while making the MC have very little input one way. The road to what Tatsumi wants will be tough and may not even be achieved, actually there's a good chance it won't.
Eh? Taming and turning Esdese is going to be a hellishly difficult task which ONLY Tatsumi can do (and something he has explicitly THOUGHT about in a former chapter). If he ever manages to succeed here, it would be a huge accomplishment. AND it would be exactly what Takahiro likes to do in his game scenarios.

How else do you expect him to "win"? Train-powerup-train-powerup until he has the skill to defeat superboss Minister in battle? Hardly, right?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 02:48   Link #1310
Soji

Quote:
Eh? Taming and turning Esdese is going to be a hellishly difficult task which ONLY Tatsumi can do (and something he has explicitly THOUGHT about in a former chapter). If he ever manages to succeed here, it would be a huge accomplishment. AND it would be exactly what Takahiro likes to do in his game scenarios.
I told you one time and i repeat this again. We can't use his game scenarios for this manga. Honestly you know better than me that there is no game of his that would fit the way Akame ga kill go. But if you still think to use his game scenario for this...go haed i'm not the one will stop you. but I still think is better if you forgot about the game and focus on the story of Akame ga kill itself.Also seem that what he think in the past change thank's ch 27. But i suppose we have to wait and see that ch for being sure about this.
Quote:
How else do you expect him to "win"? Train-powerup-train-powerup until he has the skill to defeat superboss Minister in battle? Hardly, right?
This is one way. Honestly we always on the same topic you try to use the logic on other story by him on this one. And this is pretty naive itself. We already see that the story in Akame ga kill is no one that friendship and love can solve everything. I think was clear when we see die people and see all the dark thing in this story.
Old 2012-07-15, 04:26   Link #1311
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
I told you one time and i repeat this again. We can't use his game scenarios for this manga
You've been saying this a lot, but not once you've provided any evidence for this mere opinion. OF COURSE we can. Writers have their typical quirks which make them distinguishable from others. For Takahiro is that:

1) Powerful women with strong personality, usually violent yet appealing
2) A generally _weaker_ male lead to "tame" them

We have this so often with Takahiro. Again, and again, and again. Does it ALWAYS have to be like this? No, of course not. But except for the fact that the storyline is bloodier than his game scripts with more people killed, most of the standard canon still applies. The latest chapters could have been right out of an Esdese path. If you fail or refuse to recognize these hints, fine. I don't.

Quote:
But i suppose we have to wait and see that ch for being sure about this.
Right.

Quote:
We already see that the story in Akame ga kill is no one that friendship and love can solve everything. I think was clear when we see die people and see all the dark thing in this story.
Oh really? I would have said that if the story is showing something then that merely fighting the "bad guys" solves nothing. In the end, I expect it to be Gestapo-chan's love for Tatsumi who dreams of the Good [tm] is what will solve things. It won't be what you seem to think.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 06:54   Link #1312
Soji

Quote:
You've been saying this a lot, but not once you've provided any evidence for this mere opinion.
Maybe because from all the H-game he made the story there is none of them that can be compared with is story with the one of Akame ga kill?Also when a h-game become a manga they always adapt the story for the gender and even mix part of route(if we go with you're example) or even made a new end(and yeah i see thing like this as well).But from what i can see this time the author try something new(i can be wrong,of course but this is the feeling i get).
Quote:
OF COURSE we can. Writers have their typical quirks which make them distinguishable from others. For Takahiro is that:1) Powerful women with strong personality, usually violent yet appealing (Yeah but like you say it's not always like this.And like i say seem to me the author try something new this time.)
2) A generally _weaker_ male lead to "tame" them (Tatsumi was never really weak.although i see what you try to say here.)
Quote:
We have this so often with Takahiro. Again, and again, and again. Does it ALWAYS have to be like this? No, of course not. But except for the fact that the storyline is bloodier than his game scripts with more people killed, most of the standard canon still applies. The latest chapters could have been right out of an Esdese path. If you fail or refuse to recognize these hints, fine. I don't.
No i not refuse to recognize this. The thing is there is was almost nothing from Tatsumi like I already explain in my other post.(although i not deny he seem to be a little more neutral toward her).
If we go with the whole path/route example I can write some thing ,at least from what happen until now. But ....honestly would be a waste of time because are pretty easy to see and in the end not change nothing about what we all think(whatever our POV are) or what the author will do in the future.

Quote:
Oh really? I would have said that if the story is showing something then that merely fighting the "bad guys" solves nothing. In the end, I expect it to be Gestapo-chan's love for Tatsumi who dreams of the Good [tm] is what will solve things. It won't be what you seem to think.
I say is one route .Hell in the end both this thing solve nothing (or almost nothing ) in this manga/story.They just fight for what they belive it's right or their belief.Like most people here say there is really not a bad or good guy in this manga (minus the PM).
Old 2012-07-15, 07:04   Link #1313
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Neutral ...yes.But not more than that. Also like I say his answer that time was more something from his character.although like i say ,i not deny he become a little more neutral towar her.
NeutralZero@ I still think we will not see her change side. But we will see.
That will completely depend on her development and where the plot is heading. The most important thing here is that Tatsumi is starting to warm up to her and regardless of whether they get together or not. They're building an unlikely relationship slowly if not unconsciously, and ruining into bumps here and there is only natural.
Old 2012-07-15, 07:23   Link #1314
Soji

Iron Maw@ Fair enough.Even if that is what i think i can give you this and agree on some extend. but i doub that he will fall for her or that her is the ending girl.If the author really chose this route(like i say) he would make tatsumi act different that how we see him act(especially after all this screen time).But this just me.But for what i remember he make Tatsumi have a really positive reaction only toward one gilr until now even if this girl do nothing like Esdes and /or Leona. But I think it's better if I stop here, i really not want that this topic end that way

Last edited by Soji; 2012-07-15 at 08:55.
Old 2012-07-15, 08:07   Link #1315
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Man, you guys are overthinking this. -_- It could be as simple as PM's son declaring Esdes is a traitor/outlaw and forcing her to flee from the capital only to be found as Tatsumi. She's not changing sides but she pretty much can't stick with her current side if that happens.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 09:03   Link #1316
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I think some people are giving the mangaka too much credit. Sure, he's done some surprising things but then again while they did have a big impact they weren't that many. This mangaka is good at making a shounen manga seem different than all the other shounens when in fact it still follows many shounen "rules".
Old 2012-07-15, 10:11   Link #1317
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Man, you guys are overthinking this. -_- It could be as simple as PM's son declaring Esdes is a traitor/outlaw and forcing her to flee from the capital only to be found as Tatsumi. She's not changing sides but she pretty much can't stick with her current side if that happens.
Oh, I'm not definitely arguing that there quite aren't a few ways for the author to have Esdese switch. Plus the PM himself is very likely to try to get rid if of her, if Esdese's interests conflicting with his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I think some people are giving the mangaka too much credit. Sure, he's done some surprising things but then again while they did have a big impact they weren't that many. This mangaka is good at making a shounen manga seem different than all the other shounens when in fact it still follows many shounen "rules".
No I think this manga pretty different from your standard shounen while still having some of the staples of genre. It even likes pokes fun at some of it's elements, like "calling out attack names".
Old 2012-07-16, 10:06   Link #1318
willx
Nyaaan~~

I think, based on how this author isn't afraid to reach into the dark side of the dramasphere.. Esdese is .. probably going to end up killing either Chelsea or Raba.. just a feeling. They both raised "Death Flags" a while ago :<
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 10:13   Link #1319
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
I think, based on how this author isn't afraid to reach into the dark side of the dramasphere.. Esdese is .. probably going to end up killing either Chelsea or Raba.. just a feeling. They both raised "Death Flags" a while ago :<
Chelsea did? When?
Old 2012-07-16, 10:49   Link #1320
Soji

I thought that Raba is more in Danger to become one of Kurome puppet.
I mean he pretty much freaking out when Akame explain about her sister teigu ,also the author seem to mention kurome and her teigu often....just take the last ch for example. Esdes use Kurome teigu a example for Tatsumi.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!