AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-15, 11:33   Link #1081
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Wot wot? What's going on in here? Legion at it again? Eh. I can do crazy. I have crazy to sPaRE!

On a tangent, I recently joked about Hayate in the IRC the other day. It went something like this.

What if Hayate, over the ten years from A's to StrikerS, has TRIED to get herself a boyfriend, date, etc? The trouble is, her Guardian Knights keep scaring off the prospects.

I could see it coming across in the same way Belldandy and Keiichi relate in Ah My Goddess, but not nearly so stable.

Signum keeps trying to push the potential Boyfriend of Hayate in a manner like Urd does... but in her, serious manner... and Vita, well... Vita's like Skuld. You touch Hayate, you die.

So something like:

Signum: Just remember what I told you about her likes and dislikes. You know what to do tonight. Do it wrong or hurt her feelings, and I'll make sure you know it. So don't fail me.

VITA: *Shaking Graf Eisen a foot away.* You touch her, and I'll 'touch' you! I KNOW how you are! Your dirty mind can't sneak past me!

Meanwhile Shamal's the one always going "Another One?" and breaking out the Bandages, and Zaphira provides the Pity Support like he's some kind of Bartender.

And all the while, Hayate would remain totally clueless. I could really see that dynamic working within the personalities of the characters.
Old 2008-10-15, 13:16   Link #1082
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Hey Goose, do you have the complete PM that that quote is drawn from? I'm sure many here--myself included--would like to see that line in its' full context so Haru will have a harder time claiming you're misinterpreting something or twisting his meaning or something like that.

Also, my condolences on your great grandmother.

@ATC: That sounds superbly hilarious and very much in-character.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-10-15, 14:24   Link #1083
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

While I'm sure many here are reaching their tolerance limit, I really don't think it's needed to post a PM like that in the open for the sole purpose of making personal attacks.
Old 2008-10-15, 14:32   Link #1084
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Isn't a Private Message suposed to be PRIVATE?

Goose, you better delete that, I considerate it an ofense to Haru, not for it's contet, but to the fact that you'r making public something suposed to be private
Old 2008-10-15, 15:12   Link #1085
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Isn't a Private Message suposed to be PRIVATE?
Nope, I just checked and there's nothing in the rules that says a Private Message is inherently confidential. If Goose had posted something that Haru specifically requested that he keep a secret you might have a point, but this post is merely a recounting of part of a conversation between Goose and Haru.

...of course the mods may have something different to say about it; Skyfall just poked his head in. How about it, Sky? Is this a breach of privacy or is Rick overreacting?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Last edited by Comartemis; 2008-10-15 at 15:23.
Old 2008-10-15, 16:07   Link #1086
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I poked my head in indeed, and i can't say i like what i see. Lets do simple Grammar - Private Message. Now, what does the name imply by itself ? If it isn't in the rules, it is because we considered it something obvious enough not to need inclusion. We can't possibly cover all the possible situations of life either, so one should always exercise minimal common courtesy when dealing with others. Unless the person in question agrees to making such content public it remains what the name implies - private. Never mind the fact the message in question is posted with the intent of essentially harassing another member.The message in question has been deleted.

Furthermore, i see a few insults start to sneaking in some posts here and there. Do note that insulting or harassing other forum members is not allowed, and any offenders of said rule shall be dealt with accordingly.

*sigh*

And here i was yesterday pleasantly surprised this matter had managed to remain civil up to that point in time. I don't care which 'side' one supports in this neverending argument - if you post, please be civil about it. If anyone feels that to be too much of a challenge, you are welcomed to not post at all.
Old 2008-10-15, 16:37   Link #1087
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Never mind the fact the message in question is posted with the intent of essentially harassing another member.
I suppose you could call it that, though the intent is less in line with bullying and more in line with keeping Haru from denying that he ever said anything about firemen and shipping, or claiming that Goose is making stuff up to make him look bad.

In any case, I'm satisfied now that I've seen the post in question.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-10-15, 17:41   Link #1088
Once and Current Subber

Come on, guys, the humor potential isn't in the Knights scaring off potential Hayate-matches, it's the Knights all getting their own action on the side and Hayate still ending up a spinster (well, as much of one as you can be at 19...)

Signum and Shamal are easy enough to take care of (lots of fun jokes to be had with Vice), but Vita's the problem. Even assuming she'd want a relationship, anyone who would want one WITH her is, by definition, something of a pervert. If you were looking for a way to reform Lutecia/Jail/Numbers without major conflict, though, not much is funnier than "Vita seduces Jail the pedo"...

Zafira? Two ways to take him. One, happy-go-lucky pooch...

[Zafira] You say I'm a dog all the time these days? Of -course- I'm a dog all the time these days. I mean, come on. I work in an office full of girls in short, tight skirts! And they way they'll just come up and stroke me...
[Subaru] Awww, who's a cute doggy?
[Zafira] Yeah, baby. That's nice. That's SOOOO nice.
[Subaru] ?

Alternatively, well, it's not like he's an unattractive man, when he goes around that way. For really twisted fun, pair man-Zafira up with a girl who's not in on the joke, like Arisa or Miyuki...

But Hayate! Hayate-ronery makes for a great project for a worried Nanoha and Fate. For extra fun, have them try to hook her up with Yuuno...
Old 2008-10-15, 17:42   Link #1089
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
Come on, guys, the humor potential isn't in the Knights scaring off potential Hayate-matches, it's the Knights all getting their own action on the side and Hayate still ending up a spinster (well, as much of one as you can be at 19...)

Signum and Shamal are easy enough to take care of (lots of fun jokes to be had with Vice), but Vita's the problem. Even assuming she'd want a relationship, anyone who would want one WITH her is, by definition, something of a pervert. If you were looking for a way to reform Lutecia/Jail/Numbers without major conflict, though, not much is funnier than "Vita seduces Jail the pedo"...

Zafira? Two ways to take him. One, happy-go-lucky pooch...

[Zafira] You say I'm a dog all the time these days? Of -course- I'm a dog all the time these days. I mean, come on. I work in an office full of girls in short, tight skirts! And they way they'll just come up and stroke me...
[Subaru] Awww, who's a cute doggy?
[Zafira] Yeah, baby. That's nice. That's SOOOO nice.
[Subaru] ?

Alternatively, well, it's not like he's an unattractive man, when he goes around that way. For really twisted fun, pair man-Zafira up with a girl who's not in on the joke, like Arisa or Miyuki...

But Hayate! Hayate-ronery makes for a great project for a worried Nanoha and Fate. For extra fun, have them try to hook her up with Yuuno...
Or you could pair Zaffy with Arf
Old 2008-10-15, 17:46   Link #1090
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
...Why not have Zaffy go around the office all day, doing what he does, but is paired with Arf that accuses him of...whatever it is he does in the bold part.
OH THE DRAMA.

Old 2008-10-15, 20:52   Link #1091
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
I second this notion. :3

And I shall call it... Zarf! XD
Old 2008-10-15, 21:00   Link #1092
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I second this notion. :3

And I shall call it... Zarf! XD
We've been calling it that for quite a while I've written some before it's quite fluffy (get it fluffy *gets tomatoe thrown at*)
Old 2008-10-16, 02:50   Link #1093
Once and Current Subber

I don't know. Zafira/Arf always seemed so... obligatory to me. It's a no-effort match, like Caro/Elio, without the precociousness factor. Not much comedy in it. If I were thinking of a serious Hayate-plays-Cupid-for-everyone story, maybe.
Old 2008-10-16, 02:58   Link #1094
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Wot wot? What's going on in here? Legion at it again? Eh. I can do crazy. I have crazy to sPaRE!

On a tangent, I recently joked about Hayate in the IRC the other day. It went something like this.

What if Hayate, over the ten years from A's to StrikerS, has TRIED to get herself a boyfriend, date, etc? The trouble is, her Guardian Knights keep scaring off the prospects.

I could see it coming across in the same way Belldandy and Keiichi relate in Ah My Goddess, but not nearly so stable.

Signum keeps trying to push the potential Boyfriend of Hayate in a manner like Urd does... but in her, serious manner... and Vita, well... Vita's like Skuld. You touch Hayate, you die.

So something like:

Signum: Just remember what I told you about her likes and dislikes. You know what to do tonight. Do it wrong or hurt her feelings, and I'll make sure you know it. So don't fail me.

VITA: *Shaking Graf Eisen a foot away.* You touch her, and I'll 'touch' you! I KNOW how you are! Your dirty mind can't sneak past me!

Meanwhile Shamal's the one always going "Another One?" and breaking out the Bandages, and Zaphira provides the Pity Support like he's some kind of Bartender.

And all the while, Hayate would remain totally clueless. I could really see that dynamic working within the personalities of the characters.
I don't really see Signum acting as an Urd. Shamal, maybe.

Signum'd be more "break her heart and I'll break your neck."
Old 2008-10-16, 03:32   Link #1095
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Of course, we can also go an alternative way besides the most obvious pairings if we look at canon.

Vita seems to be chasing after Nanoha, what with the whole feeling of guilt after her accident and her desire to protect her. Of course, these feelings could be seen as a mere 'desire to protect' but isn't the entire point of Nanoha to see the two sides of ambiguous scenes? Why limit that vision only to NanoFate? These days Vita is working together with Nanoha, after all.

Fate has an admirer in Ginga, so what say we up that admiration a bit? She sure was happy when Rein told her that the device RF6 had made for her would allow her to keep up with Fate. Although SSX placing her in charge of her sisters (with Zaffy instructor) does lessen this chance of happening substantially.

Signum has her new partner Agito, even though they are pretty opposite in personalities. But hey, don't they say opposites attract?

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-10-16 at 05:22.
Old 2008-10-16, 04:01   Link #1096
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
I don't know. Zafira/Arf always seemed so... obligatory to me. It's a no-effort match, like Caro/Elio, without the precociousness factor. Not much comedy in it. If I were thinking of a serious Hayate-plays-Cupid-for-everyone story, maybe.
That seems to be 7Arc's new ballgame though. They've obviously set up Lucino/Griffith, Alto/Vice, Erio/Caro, etc from the get go so hard it hurts.

Too much shipping game rots the brain after all.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-10-16, 04:04   Link #1097
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I weep at the Caro/Lutecia paling in front of Erio/Caro.

I would argue Alto/Vice being set up from the get-go though. There's Teana/Vice in there too.
Old 2008-10-16, 04:12   Link #1098
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I would argue Alto/Vice being set up from the get-go though. There's Teana/Vice in there too.
Call it my Tomoyo senses.

The moment I saw Alto and Vice in the manga, I said "Vice/Alto deal", no questions asked. No amount of Teana/Vice, Signum/Vice swayed me.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-10-16, 04:44   Link #1099
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
We know Erio's being set up for the classic two-girl dilemma down the road, it reeks of it here in Texas.

As of the end of StrikerS, Erio's following Caro around and acting as her knight. But as both are adopted in a way by Fate... the scenario has her like a Sister. Which make for interesting character interplay. Alone, they're pretty well balanced. Now, throw Lutecia in and we'll see what a minor catalyst can do to their balanced relationship...

Between the Zaphira Arf shipping potential... In the instances where they weren't physically beating the tar out of each other in A's... they were far too... business like for it to really seem to work out. As I recall, one of their end of A's conversations was more or less along the lines of Arf advertising the technical benifits of 'puppy' form and Zaphira was just: "Hmmm.... Really?"

In strikers, he never assumes the Human form and stays Lone Wolf (and not puppy)... so I would assume tentatively that he ultimately rejected the 'puppy' idea in prefference of keeping the Grizzled Old Wolf kind of feel. Their personalities just don't mesh, OR clash the right way to say they'd make a good pair.

Now, as for Hayate in the Middle...

The reason I choose Signum for Urd is because Signum, while Stoic, does seem to want Hayate to be happy. I'm sure she'd do anything in her power to make that happen. I could see her as seriously trying to steer guys towards Hayate.
But then, Vita is the personality reverse of Signum. Vita's not calm, or cool, and a touch over the top protective. Chances are, in the rooftop conversation in A's, Signum would have allowed the conversation between them to finish if Vita hadn't interjected her own oppinion. Now, while Vita's out protecting Nanoha's rear... she's probably still over the top protective of Hayate (in the even Hayate actually like... comes into danger.) So, you touch Hayate, you die. Violently. (At least, if Vita has anything to say about it.)

Shamal strikes me as the one who just kind of lets the two opposing forces of Hayate's wellbeing/happiness go at it and ensures the guys caught in the crossfire get decent medical attention.

Now, if you want to go for epic comedy value... As each guy Signum steers at Hayate gets the Vita Treatment, and decides persuing her is much too great a hazard to his health, Shamal will come along and snatch him up... It's dreadfully easy to do so when you're the pretty doctor fixing up Vita/Signum related injuries. After she uses this to her advantage and has her fun (sleeps with the guy), she'll make him breakfast... scaring the poor sod off when he tries to eat it.

Zaphira, for all intents and purposes, knows everything that's going on, but would rather not get caught in a three way crossfire. So he simply keeps bodycou- score and provides shoulder to cry on or confess to for everyone.

And the formula works something like this.

Hayate knows nothing, just that she can't keep a boyfriend to save her life.

Zaphira knows everything, but won't reveal what's going on for fear for his own fur. He has a unique perspective as the one everyone seems to confide in. Nobody knows Zaphira knows everything.

Shamal knows what's going on, but is taking advantage of it as a 'constant source of guys'... since "To do otherwise would be a waste of cute guys."

Signum and Vita know what each other are doing, but won't interfere with each other directly. But neither know Shamal's skimming off the top for her own pleasure. And Neither know that Zaphira knows all sides of the situation and is quietly sweatdropping in the shadows.

This situation has gone on for some ten years now... and has become more or less routine. A twisted Love Comedy kind of routine that for all intents and purposes, would have Hayate unable to speak for a month if she found out.

And where is Rein in all this?
She's too innocent to be exposed to this situation... she's as clueless as Hayate. But she does note strange happenings.

"Shields up!"
Old 2008-10-16, 05:00   Link #1100
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

...Makes me wonder if the [serious discussion only] is just for show only, but hey - even i need some time off

^ The situation with Vita/Signum as described above i actually can picture happening (I had even considered writing a fanfic with such a premise at one point, but since i can't write comedy to save my life, that one was shelved) ... which makes me wonder though - what would happen in the highly unlikely event if Hayate would ask Yuuno out ? (Who, feeling down from lack of apparent progress between him and Nanoha, would be desperate enough to accept? ). Aside from the event alone serving as a minor stun-bomb to halt all activity in nearby area, surely Yuuno would have a level of trustworthiness about him that random strangers wouldn't ? (And physically stopping him might prove problematic as well )