AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-18, 16:15   Link #1
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Gunparade Orchestra

Thread revival, breath life into it ye fans of Gunparade!

Or mecha fans as well....

While I don't recall the status of subs, I believe we are at episode 11 or 12 somewhere...But hey, new threads means new people who can come in here and talk about the subbed episodes. Let's march!
Old 2006-01-14, 07:27   Link #2
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Goddamit. I hate that blonde lass, whatshernasme. All she ever does is disobey orders disobey this. She doesn't give a flying crap about Commander Sara.

Then when things goes bad because she went and did her thing, she blames Sara. WTF?!!

I hope shs dies soon, I mean really, she really really pisses me off. Sara no good either she just goes with the flow, she never tries to pull her back in, she should just court-martial her. write her up or something. she never let her go out on a mission.

dammit they are both bad, but that other lass is worse, never realising shes the problem. stupid B**ch!
Old 2006-01-26, 15:22   Link #3
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Denka
Made it a spoiler just in case...

Spoiler:

I also can't believe how little discussion there is on this series...
Spoiler for green:

I'm up to ep4 and the only reason I keep watching is because I'm waiting for the gratituitous death to start, because god knows there's a lot of characters that deserve it (Noeru, I'm looking at you). Granted, Sara's a rather sad excuse for a commander (a so-so strategist, but a pretty terrible person to have in charge so far), but her insubordinate, undisciplined, malcontent soldiers aren't helping much. I am looking to find out who was the commander before her, because he deserved what he got, most likely, for letting them get this way.
Old 2006-01-26, 17:24   Link #4
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I'm sorry but GPO is a bunch of crap compared to GPM. No romance, no 'hijinks' just a bunch of people that if they were really in the military would've been shot for all the insubordination they show.

I'll continute to watch as I loved GPM but this is not a worthy sequel so far.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2006-01-26, 17:39   Link #5
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
just a bunch of people that if they were really in the military would've been shot for all the insubordination they show
Boy, isn't that the truth. Unfortunately, Sara is apparently trying to do everything by example and be a nice-nice commander instead of laying down the law. Christ, the least she could do is cut rations or something. =/

Then again, isn't Japan supposed to be really hard up for soldiers at this point, so they can't afford to just kick people out?
Old 2006-01-26, 19:08   Link #6
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I cant decide if i like it or not i am a big fan or gunparade march but something is off about this one. The animation is taking me a long time to get use to also whats up with that little blonde bi**h damn is she annoying i dont think she knows when your in the military you follow orders i would dropped her off a cliff by now oh and what the WTF is up with that panguin thing it wears a trench coat like its columbo. But i guess i will know in 2 ep if i will countine to watch it or not
Old 2006-01-30, 02:15   Link #7
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Just watched Episode 4-6.

Did anyone notice the SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT copyright at the end?

Is this pre-licensed? Gah....why sony. even Episode 4-6 were nice but do not redeem 1-3

Last edited by Forbin; 2006-01-30 at 02:40.
Old 2006-01-30, 02:24   Link #8
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
oh and what the WTF is up with that panguin thing it wears a trench coat like its columbo.
LOL I am just laughing at that comment, man being a fan of such a classic show as Columbo, I never thought another member here would mention him

But hey, I'm guessing the penguin has something about him/it in the game.

Columbo = best cop ever who should be a detective
Old 2006-01-30, 09:11   Link #9
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

SCE liscensed GPO as far as I know..even the game's made in SCE,not Alfasystem. The thing that sucks is that the game is divided into three like the anime. Like,you have to buy THREE games to play the series. Jesus.

I pretty much stopped watching the GPO anime itself cuz I thought it wasn't good..I didn't like GPM that much but man GPO was worse. For the best GPM,play the game. I completely fell in love with the game..thing is I was dissapointed after watching the anime-_-

Only good thing about GPO was that Norio Wakamoto(one of my favourite seiyuus) makes guest appearances,and the penguin's voice of course.

and yeah,Columbo rocks !!!!
Old 2006-01-30, 15:29   Link #10
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukreih
SCE liscensed GPO as far as I know..even the game's made in SCE,not Alfasystem. The thing that sucks is that the game is divided into three like the anime. Like,you have to buy THREE games to play the series. Jesus.

I pretty much stopped watching the GPO anime itself cuz I thought it wasn't good..I didn't like GPM that much but man GPO was worse. For the best GPM,play the game. I completely fell in love with the game..thing is I was dissapointed after watching the anime-_-

Only good thing about GPO was that Norio Wakamoto(one of my favourite seiyuus) makes guest appearances,and the penguin's voice of course.

and yeah,Columbo rocks !!!!
As an action flick that came from a Game, GPM sucks. As a stand alone romance saga that just happens to be SciFi based, GPM is one of the best.

But On all counts GPO is just crap.

Old 2006-01-30, 17:22   Link #11
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

Quote:
As an action flick that came from a Game, GPM sucks. As a stand alone romance saga that just happens to be SciFi based, GPM is one of the best.

But On all counts GPO is just crap.
yea I was too much influenced by the game before I watched the GPM anime. I was like half-insane for the game. I guess it IS kindda okay as a romance flick.

GPO is...yea basically the C word. You go on,man!
Old 2006-01-30, 20:22   Link #12
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

After all the bad stuff I'm saying about GPO, how come AN-Classic doesn't list their releases of GPO 4-6 on Suki? It's not licensed

Old 2006-01-30, 21:07   Link #13
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I agree with just about everyone here. I love GPM but GPO stinks, i absolutely hate the characters. That girl pilot should have been court martial and sentence to scrubbing the floor with a toothbrush after the way completely disregard orders the first time.
Old 2006-01-30, 21:14   Link #14
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
I agree with just about everyone here. I love GPM but GPO stinks, i absolutely hate the characters. That girl pilot should have been court martial and sentence to scrubbing the floor with a toothbrush after the way completely disregard orders the first time.
First , 2nd , 3rd , 4th.........During the tunnel episode (reminds me of TSR) she disregarded orders and almost got everyone killed. That girl gets stupid person award of last year.

Old 2006-01-30, 21:26   Link #15
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
First , 2nd , 3rd , 4th.........During the tunnel episode (reminds me of TSR) she disregarded orders and almost got everyone killed. That girl gets stupid person award of last year.
On top of that, she has the nerve to suggest that she could have gotten herself and Moumoka out of that mess. Uh, hello? You're both disarmed, you're hanging off the edge of the railing, and your partner is cowering along the side afraid for her life.
Old 2006-01-31, 16:08   Link #16
CaiSter21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
same here
GPM was great for a semi romance/sci-fi anime

but GMO is just pure crap!
it has nothing going for it, the characters suck, the animation sucks, and the music sucks compared to GPM ( i personally liked the marching band songs a lot better then the music on GMO that tries to pass for good orchestral music)
Old 2006-01-31, 19:55   Link #17
JokerD

As expected of a third rated unit in a low intensity conflict area. If they were to take part in the battles in GPM they would have died long ago. And people sent to replace them.
Come on, 6 mechs against 1 genju and they got trashed, trashed the area and still did not get the genju. Even the people at HQ refused to grant the unit replacements after this.
Old 2006-01-31, 20:40   Link #18
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD
As expected of a third rated unit in a low intensity conflict area. If they were to take part in the battles in GPM they would have died long ago. And people sent to replace them.
Come on, 6 mechs against 1 genju and they got trashed, trashed the area and still did not get the genju. Even the people at HQ refused to grant the unit replacements after this.
This is what happens when you don't obey proper orders.

Old 2006-02-02, 20:28   Link #19
Argent

I've been watching this when the subs arrive and have all the same complaints. These aren't ROTC kids, they are regular armed forces. They all need to be busted down in rank to Private and when not on patrol or in training, they are in the brig.

It's obvious they want this to be a High School anime with military trappings, but don't even have a fantasy notion about how to run it.

That meltdown During a mission should have placed that team all under arrest. Heck, blowing up the town the way they did should have them all under threat of courtmartial for gross dereliction of duty and removed from the handling of their mechs for incompetence.

Well, I'll keep watching the stupid thing if more get released cuz I'm stupid that way.
Old 2006-02-02, 20:33   Link #20
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I am not watching the anime right now. Tell me when people start dying, won't you? I want to restart my viewing from when the first stupid character get carried away in a bodybag.