AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2007-01-28, 09:41   Link #21
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

At this point, I'm completely immune to the negatives of Loli fan-service, and sometimes even welcomes it!

... This is largely contributed to Shakugan no Shana, my first anime with loli fan service (That I can remember, at that time I've just evolved from mindless shounen animes)!

... Then there's Nanoha... =P
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 01:24   Link #22
Shiuch

C'mon.. When is this #2 series startting! It should have started at January.. http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...ast.anime=Show

There's a proof! But maybe anidb.info was just wrong. :/
Shiuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 01:46   Link #23
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

^ I only have 3 words for you: Wait for Announcement. You have to wait for the production to get things right. Anime takes time and all, especially the good ones.

The date for the release is ??.??.2007 till ??.??.2007 meaning it should air sometime this year, just sit back and wait for the curtains to unfold by themselves. Being impatient wont make it any faster, and you're not the only one
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 02:20   Link #24
Shiuch

Well, I quess you're right.. But this is just a first anime series i'm directly waiting.. Usually I just watch older series. :I Annoying to wait! And before it get subbed, that takes time too.. Ops, not sure shall I even mention the word.
Shiuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 03:28   Link #25
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

after all this time there is still no word on the release date + number of eps. This withdraw is killing me! they better make it 26 eps! */me rwars*

btw, do NOT batch season1 and read the spoilers on the novel. you will suffer as i did by knowing how much good stuff is left and there is no more to watch
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 19:15   Link #26
TigerII
Pilot in Training

^^ So the second season is actually gonna be good? And not just put out there for more money(If they follow novels)?
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 19:54   Link #27
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

i can assure you, with the materials that they have left and if they follow it , it will be wonderful though everything will feel rushed if they only make it another 13 eps
Old 2007-02-20, 21:29   Link #28
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
i can assure you, with the materials that they have left and if they follow it , it will be wonderful though everything will feel rushed if they only make it another 13 eps
Considering the amount of stuff they did out of order, and the extremely weird off-storyline wedding scene, I'm not sure how they can recover to a pure novel based storyline. Jsut like the extra characters added in bleach, they'll have to keep corrupting it... Well I hope not. There is a ton of great novel material to use.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 22:49   Link #29
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
Considering the amount of stuff they did out of order, and the extremely weird off-storyline wedding scene, I'm not sure how they can recover to a pure novel based storyline. Jsut like the extra characters added in bleach, they'll have to keep corrupting it... Well I hope not. There is a ton of great novel material to use.
There's also the omission of portrayal of the royal houses' ruby rings and their corresponding artifacts. The final episode sort of veered off track with the way Louise "learned" her first spell, which kinda totally screwed the Founder's prayer book and water ruby's role.

Then there's Wales' wind ruby, without that, we won't have vol.4. And without vol.4, we won't have the Henrietta we have now...
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 23:45   Link #30
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

iam a little curious, what exactly happen in the novel instead of the wedding scene between walds and louise? does it really affect that much not being there?
Old 2007-02-21, 01:32   Link #31
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
iam a little curious, what exactly happen in the novel instead of the wedding scene between walds and louise? does it really affect that much not being there?
Ultimately, the wedding scene didn't really matter all that much, but for what it's worth, none of that mind control stuff happened in the novel, neither did Cromwell show up looking like nothing but a creepy stalker.

Spoiler for novel vol.2 finale:

I rechecked the anime, and Henrietta DID get the wind ruby back in episode 12 (although it was from Saito in the novel). So forget what I said up there. ^^;

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2007-02-21 at 01:43.
Old 2007-02-21, 02:35   Link #32
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
I rechecked the anime, and Henrietta DID get the wind ruby back in episode 12 (although it was from Saito in the novel). So forget what I said up there. ^^;
Yesterday 23:45
yeh, i was pretty sure she recieved it lol. Somehow i also got the feeling that she accepted the proposel to make him jealous and stop her, instead of "its the right thing to do". i wonder why they changed it, woulda hell made it more dramatic

all in all, they didnt stray that much then. so it should be fine

thanks for summary though sushi-y. this is one of those time where i wish i knew how to read japanese, coz it seems like they left out alot of juicy stuff from vol1-3
Old 2007-02-21, 15:26   Link #33
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Can't wait. Although the theme is kinda botched. The whole thing revolved around her being a zero, sucking, etc. Zero is generally bad. But it goes to show you in the end she wasn't[Represented by the Mitsubishi A6M(Zero fighter)]. That showed that zeros can be strong(As both the fighter and herself were very powerful).

But..the mascot is wrecked..lol. Maybe next we see an american fighters, lol.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 05:50   Link #34
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Thanks for the summary sushi-y.

And totally agree that the scenes would be a lot more dramatic if they made it more closely to the novel but since the it ends the same, I guess it shouldn't matter.

Spoiler for 1st Season 13th Episode's Last Scenes:

They should make Shakugan no Shana's second season after Zero no Tsukaima's 2nd season is done

@shaolinx: I wish I can read and write and listen and understand Japanese, too (Although I don't really need the "write" part) And I know learning Japanese would take a long time, notably the "Kanji" one... Because I don't understand Japanese, I wasn't able to do many things I intended in. Including the novel of Zero no Tsukaima, Novel and Game of Shakugan no Shana, DS game of Yakitate!! Japan.

I hope I didn't go off-topic

Anyway, hopefully Zero no Tsukaima comes out soon >=D

Last edited by teachopvutru; 2007-02-22 at 07:35.
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 10:17   Link #35
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

i actually rewatched SnS and although i loved it the first time, i never noticed how sad the atmosphere was most of the time, thus making a season2 of it wouldnt be that great for me. unless the movie completely changes everything.

for the last part of ep 13, tabita still had the "mind control" ring. i wonder how they will fit that into season2, snice its not part of the novel ??
Old 2007-02-22, 10:33   Link #36
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
i actually rewatched SnS and although i loved it the first time, i never noticed how sad the atmosphere was most of the time, thus making a season2 of it wouldnt be that great for me. unless the movie completely changes everything.
Well, I loved the SnS anime at first, but then it seemed to fall apart and stop making sense near the end. I'm trying to pick up the novel series, thinkng that maybe its similar to ZNT in that the novel is more consistent. However, I have to admit its a much more difficult text to read, and the author seems to like to flourish his text with lots of uncommon vocabulary.
Old 2007-02-22, 17:00   Link #37
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Well, I loved the SnS anime at first, but then it seemed to fall apart and stop making sense near the end. I'm trying to pick up the novel series, thinkng that maybe its similar to ZNT in that the novel is more consistent. However, I have to admit its a much more difficult text to read, and the author seems to like to flourish his text with lots of uncommon vocabulary.
Hahaha, read more Nasu Kinoko stuff, it'll get you used to heavy-handed writing with lots of unique terms in no time. ^^;

Zero no Tsukaima's anime isn't really bad overall, although novel readers like me couldn't help but feel like it's a mish-mash of individual events plucked from various timelines in the novel. There are less "random oneshot events" past vol.6 though, so if the second season will be covering vol.6+, we should see a more structured story this time.

For Shana's anime, it's more linear in some ways compared to Zero, since it followed the novel storyline relatively accurately and chronologically from vol.1 to 6. It wasn't until the final episodes did they veer off into an original story that left some novel fans wanting more. The movie won't feature any new story either (it's a remake of vol.1), but there's more than enough contents for a second season.

As for Shana's novel, I'm still keeping myself up-to-date on it (finished XIII. But I have still yet to go through XIV, which was released earlier this month). All I can remember from XIII was Shana's "how do you make babies?" thing and the NSFW illustration though.
Old 2007-02-22, 17:52   Link #38
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
As for Shana's novel, I'm still keeping myself up-to-date on it (finished XIII. But I have still yet to go through XIV, which was released earlier this month). All I can remember from XIII was Shana's "how do you make babies?" thing and the NSFW illustration though.
Wow, 13 volumes... I didnt realize quite how far i still have to go Ive bought up to volume 4, so that should keep me busy for a while.

Ive noticed so far that plot events seem to happen more slowly as well, so I guess I can kindof understand how the anime series could stretch out over 6 volumes.
Old 2007-02-22, 19:17   Link #39
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Wow, 13 volumes... I didnt realize quite how far i still have to go Ive bought up to volume 4, so that should keep me busy for a while.

Ive noticed so far that plot events seem to happen more slowly as well, so I guess I can kindof understand how the anime series could stretch out over 6 volumes.
Well, that's not including Shana vol.0 (between vol.9 and 10) and vol.S (between vol.12 and 13), so it's really 16 volumes out so far. ^^; I really want to finish the mammoth that is Owari no Chronicle first (2 more volumes to go, although one of them is over 1000 pages long ) before moving onto others though.

As for the novel development, I generally find the novel reading experience more rewarding if you don't know the story beforehand (although the same could be said for the reverse). Reading the novel after watching the anime has some level of redundancy to it (unless the event wasn't portrayed in the anime), since it's like "I already know what's going to happen, so all these details don't really mean much to me, hurry up and get to the next part already". It's a trade-off against reading the novel first before watching the anime, where you'd be going "the lack of detail/rushing of story here is really not doing the original novel justice". Either way, you gain some and you lose some. The same pretty much goes for all adaptations, whether it's Shana or Zero no Tsukaima or Haruhi.

*tries to bring topic back to Zero*
Generally though, I don't think "rushing" is nearly as bad as "skipping". Although the first season had to go into fast forward mode near the end, at least they covered the events relatively accurately. It's the "man, I wish they didn't cut that scene out" that hurts the anime's rating more.
Spoiler for from vol.2:

All this talk is making me anxious for the second season again. Give me some Siesta-on-Saito action already!
Old 2007-02-23, 02:42   Link #40
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

omg ... SnS movie is just a remake? darnit! here i was all excited for some new material.

At this stage, i dont think they will be making a season 2 of SnS. Although i hope iam wrong, its been too long snice season1 and there has been no annocement yet. SnS, which started out as a hype, unforunatly, slowly got unpopular.

and yes, ZnT season2 really need to have an offical release date. louisexseistaxsaito ftw~

Tags
adventure, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, tsundere