Notices

Old 2012-06-01, 17:40   Link #61
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Okay, I never use spaghetti sauce. On pasta, I use tomato and basil marinara sauce; different brands. So, on a homemade pizza, should I use jarred pizza sauce, or would spaghetti sauce or tomato and basil marinara work well, too? You've probably made pizza at home, I know you cook at home a lot. What would you put on a homemade pizza with red sauce?

Differences between the three are probably minimal, but then again, maybe it matters.
I usually make my own pizza sauce. It's seasoned differently and it doesn't have big chunks of veggies in it like a pasta sauce. Though usually when I make pizza at home I tend to sauce it with pesto or olive oil and garlic because it's easier and I'm lazy.
Old 2012-06-01, 19:39   Link #62
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

pineapple and anchovies
Old 2012-06-01, 19:44   Link #63
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I usually make my own pizza sauce. It's seasoned differently and it doesn't have big chunks of veggies in it like a pasta sauce. Though usually when I make pizza at home I tend to sauce it with pesto or olive oil and garlic because it's easier and I'm lazy.
I'd like to make a pasta sauce from scratch, I mean start with fresh tomatoes and all that jazz. Might as well pair it with homemade meatballs. I made some some months ago, and everything was good about them except I didn't add enough salt (and I had thought I did, I added quite a bit).
Old 2012-06-01, 22:38   Link #64
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
I just finished eating two pizzas..Italian pizzas

The second is called Pizza quattro stagioni, is with baked ham artichokes, fresh mushrooms, green and black olives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
That looks delicious and all, but it's NOT SYMMETRICAL /throws OCD fit of rage.

That image of that pizza is about to meet its doom....

Spoiler:

(sorry, COULD NOT RESIST)

Last edited by Chiibi; 2012-06-02 at 00:01.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 23:05   Link #65
Destined_Fate

I just put a ton of cheese on it. Cheese everywhere I can put it. Yes, I'm tempting fate and angering my heart with all that cheese.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 00:52   Link #66
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I just put a ton of cheese on it. Cheese everywhere I can put it. Yes, I'm tempting fate and angering my heart with all that cheese.
same here. I also love putting a lot of cheese on the pizza. That plus ham, onion, mushroom, pineapples, and green peppers. Damn it, talking about such things makes me hungry.

I'm on a diet so I have to fight the temptation of having pizza as a meal. ;_;
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 01:08   Link #67
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
..... onion, mushroom, pineapples, and green peppers. ......
Noting the must have ingredients together with the roasted meat as toppings. Love my pizza meaty, cheesy, veggie but healthy.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 20:17   Link #68
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
If you'd like to get additionally creative and have the right implements, you can make quite a delicious sauce. I like to lightly salt and then roast tomatoes at 350 degrees with a little balsamic vinegar and an oil of your liking. Check up on them until they begin to shrivel up, take them out and add them to a blender. Put a tiny amount of water, maybe 2-3 tablespoons or less (just to retain liquidity), and then add some thyme and basil (fresh or ground, whichever you prefer). If you like garlic, you can also roast a few cloves of garlic with the tomatoes - make sure they are lightly browning, that's when they're done. Then blend all the ingredients ( I also sometimes add other veggies like onions, shallots, etc into the roast and blend them). An important aspect (imo) is the thyme and basil as they add a rich flavor. Lol now I'm hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I'd like to make a pasta sauce from scratch, I mean start with fresh tomatoes and all that jazz. Might as well pair it with homemade meatballs. I made some some months ago, and everything was good about them except I didn't add enough salt (and I had thought I did, I added quite a bit).
Did you overlook my suggestion, find it unappealing and thus ignore it, or consider me too lowly a fellow to impart any wisdom upon you?
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 21:57   Link #69
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Did you overlook my suggestion, find it unappealing and thus ignore it, or consider me too lowly a fellow to impart any wisdom upon you?
Heh, I forgot about that post when I wrote that post. I just checked, the posts are almost three hours apart. I made note of the post when I did read it. I appreciate the input. I'd like to make a red sauce from scratch, and when I do, I will look up multiple recipes and then figure out how I want to make it after reading several recipes. That is usually how I work with recipes. I usually pick and choose what I want from more than one. Sometimes I will stick completely to one recipe, but most times I am omitting things or combining things from different recipes and so forth.
Old 2012-06-02, 22:01   Link #70
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Indeed, that's the best (and most fun) way to do it!
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 16:58   Link #71
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Cheese only for me, please.

Yes, I know I'm BORING. Shut it. XD
If I am picking/ordering/making myself I take just cheese too(sometimes extra cheese), but I do eat the following if someone else did, since I like them ok-ish level:
Mushrooms
Onions
Pepperoni

Anything else and I'll pass on eating it probably .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 17:19   Link #72
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I generally put tomatoes, extra cheese, olives, and pepperoni on it. That's basically it. Boring I know, but effective for me.
Old 2012-06-03, 17:52   Link #73
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

There's a lot of ingredients I don't mind on pizza, but I absolutely cannot stand olives. I don't like them on or in ANY thing else, and pizza is no exception to this. They're just disgusting to me. The same probably goes for anchovies, although I've never tried them, they sound nasty. I'm also not a fan of pesto (I don't like it, but I also don't dislike it, if that makes sense), so I probably wouldn't be crazy about it on pizza.

Also any kind of fruit on pizza (pineapple being the most common) sounds extremely strange to me. But I do plan on trying it someday, so I can confirm whether or not my taste buds will agree with that or not.
Old 2012-06-03, 17:57   Link #74
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Kismet Chan the best part of pizza is trying new things. I tried so many pizzas and I love almost everyone of them. Except for the insect pizza I had to eat for losing a bet, it was made in an African Restaurant. So yeah I tried a lot, but the one I really wanted to try will most likely never be made again which is this one

ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 18:00   Link #75
NoemiChan
Banned

Hey, what pizza is in that picture???

Too bad l can't ask anyone else because they're busy eating pizza.
Old 2012-06-03, 18:05   Link #76
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The world's largest pizza, measuring in 122 feet in diameter. It was made in South Africa in 1990, man I wasn't even born yet. I would so totally go there if they make another one that big. All sort of toppings were used from the original to the exotic.
Old 2012-06-03, 18:12   Link #77
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
The world's largest pizza, measuring in 122 feet in diameter. It was made in South Africa in 1990, man I wasn't even born yet. I would so totally go there if they make another one that big. All sort of toppings were used from the original to the exotic.
I'll join any food-fest as long as there are no entrance fees , its free for all and eat all you can.
Old 2012-06-03, 21:09   Link #78
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Kismet Chan the best part of pizza is trying new things. I tried so many pizzas and I love almost everyone of them. Except for the insect pizza I had to eat for losing a bet, it was made in an African Restaurant.
Ewwwwwwwww I wouldn't EVER do that even on a bet. I'd risk being called a liar or a deal-breaker. Not bugs. ANYTHING but that. That's cruel. I wouldn't eat it if you put a GUN to my head!
Old 2012-06-03, 22:01   Link #79
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well Chibi it wasn't all that bad, aside for the unusual crunchiness and liquid squirting out. I made sure I put a lot of extra cheese on it so it wouldn't taste so bad.
Old 2012-06-03, 22:05   Link #80
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Well Chibi it wasn't all that bad, aside for the unusual crunchiness and liquid squirting out. I made sure I put a lot of extra cheese on it so it wouldn't taste so bad.
Insects are best serve fried. Top it on the pizza might increase my chance of eating it. Grilled or steamed, a no, no!!!