Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-24, 01:08   Link #81
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
An interesting anime,although not much happens yet except what seems to be a rivalry between the 2 main female characters.

One thing struck me though.While I don't mind a bit of fanservice every now and then,isn't she too young to have breast implants?

/me clutches his nose due to nosebleed, especially after the thought of the above girl not wearing a bra
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 10:47   Link #82
LCeh

For those that compared it to Da Capo, I asked if it was a good thing or not because I haven't seen DC yet.

So, how is this anime? Cause I have seen mixed feelings in this thread.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 12:01   Link #83
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well the show gets bonus points for jumping straight into the thick of it so soon and dispensing with the filler.

As for your question LC...Ummm...Kinda hard to answer...The original was nice but not so much the second season but thats probably because im a kotori fan...
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 12:37   Link #84
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

When did this become the Da Capo thread? lol

Anyway after watching the 3rd episode,it seems indeed they're getting to the main plot quickly.On a side nite they seem to have forgotten about Gift really quickly.I"m betting that the girl's bunny is a Gift,maybe from his brother himself
Darklightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 14:20   Link #85
martino
makes no files now

It's starting to get interesting now(after watching ep3)...

I don't think that the bunny is a Gift, since IIRC you can give it only once and to the person you love. I don't think that at that age they had such developed feelings for each other. I think that it was just a "normal" gift(with small g).
Old 2006-10-24, 20:51   Link #86
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Jesus Christ would the OST be released tomorrow.. each track played so far has been outstanding.. *coughs*

Anyway, episodes 02 & 03 really shined a lot more then the first, though like we agreed - the first episode was there just to show us the power of Gift, and i beieve it was done perfectly. I'm pretty happy with how the romance side of the story has already been brought up as a issue (yes just like more Da Capo shows :3), though, i do believe Gift is going better at it.

Apart from them both having the same voice actors, Amami & Jun'ichi are so much alike. I can't see it being thanks to the same team who did Da Capo, 'cause both are not new stories (meaning both where games). Ar first i was finding myself just calling him Jun'ichi.. though i'm glad that stopped. & yes i'm already madly in-love with Riko.. she's already a much more interesting character then Nemu as the sister character.

I'm still waiting for Utamaru to appear...
Old 2006-10-24, 20:59   Link #87
DanielSong39

Maybe this is Da Capo after all...

No spineless lead male in this one! Cheers!
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 02:12   Link #88
DanielSong39

I'm quite impressed with the score - the track alone is enough to keep me watching (and listening).

As for the show itself... it goes from being not-so-great at the start to above average in the space of three episodes. Looks like this show is going to be a success after all; loads of foreshadowing here - there's excellent potential for some serious drama. Bonus points for casting the two best girls as the leads... but why do I get the feeling that Kirino is going to go Sakura on us and produce a distorted Gift?

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2006-10-25 at 10:29.
Old 2006-10-26, 07:11   Link #89
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Well let me be the 245th person to say "LOL Da Capo 3 W00t !11!", which is cool because I quite enjoyed Da Capo..
Actually, you're one of the only people who's said that, people have only been saying its like Da Capo, not a third season.
Old 2006-10-26, 13:12   Link #90
martino
makes no files now

Who cares which one...as long as it's got the main bit in it; Da Capo...sweeeeet *melts in happiness*
Old 2006-10-26, 15:27   Link #91
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, this can't be Da Capo.

I liked Nemu in DC, but I don't like Riko that much. I actually like Kirino much more... Hmm.. maybe I function under the effect of "first girl appearing with male lead" but what the hell... I already know how's it's gonna turn, seen DC, DCSS, the OP and ED are pretty obvious... Oh well... The male lead though seems much better in this one

EDIT: Just watched ep 3... Well, that was fast Damn...

Last edited by npal; 2006-10-26 at 16:20.
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 16:22   Link #92
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Okay, quick comments on episode 4, because I'm supposed to be going out... in short, a tiny bit obvious, but the tension's not letting up.

Spoiler for Episode 4:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 17:08   Link #93
DanielSong39

There's something going on with Kirino; I can feel it...

She may be visibly stepping back, but we only see her interactions with Amami - we don't see what happened between her and Riko. There's definitely something going on behind the scenes.

Kirino may be cute and sweet and kind, but Amami's friend said it best... one can't be indulgent in love. Looks like we will see another Nemu vs. Sakura battle after all!
Old 2006-10-26, 19:00   Link #94
DrewGSR

Yea like alot of people have been saying I'm getting alot of Da Capo vibes from this show. I did enjoy DC so that can be considered a godo thing for me, but not so much DC 2 though. So far im a Riko fan atm.

Hmm, i would assume most of you guys have seen Shuffle. Kirino is like giving me vibes of Kaede, I just have a feeling she will sometime down the road will explode and do something psycho like using the "Gift" to wish something crazy. Then again that can be like DC too since Sakura wished for that one thing and Nemu got all messed up haha.

Anyways go RIKO!!
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 20:58   Link #95
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
There's something going on with Kirino; I can feel it...

She may be visibly stepping back, but we only see her interactions with Amami - we don't see what happened between her and Riko. There's definitely something going on behind the scenes.
I'm assuming you're talking about up to episode 3? Without an indicator, it's hard to know what context you're speaking in. In any case, this isn't really a spoiler, but they do start revealing some of that in episode 4, little by little, starting with one brief (but important) flashback scene. I agree that this is one of the things the show has been hinting at very strongly.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 22:28   Link #96
DanielSong39

Trying to imagine Kirino with a boxcutter...

Nah, can't do it.
Old 2006-10-26, 23:49   Link #97
LCeh

Wow, that was fast. Way faster than I expected it to be. I mean...

Spoiler:
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 05:07   Link #98
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Trying to imagine Kirino with a boxcutter...

Nah, can't do it.
Good, 'cause there's no reason at all for you to think that way.
Old 2006-10-27, 11:51   Link #99
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

It'd be fun if Kirino gained the Kaede template Tragedy tragedy, and I hope this time no unrealistic revelation happens either. Heads will roll
Old 2006-10-27, 13:09   Link #100
DanielSong39

In any case, it's nice to see Kirino get some development - she turns out to be more than a Konomi clone after all.

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, drama, moonstone, olm, romance, supernatural