AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-27, 10:03   Link #41
user33408

All the Shuffle Wallpapers from the Disc. (30 Jpeg files. 24.4MB)
http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...71GH906078P968
user33408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 13:44   Link #42
Apekatt
Monkeycat

^The .rar-file isn't working for me. Am I the only one with this problem?
Apekatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 15:50   Link #43
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apekatt
^The .rar-file isn't working for me. Am I the only one with this problem?
I tryed the download as well I got an error message from Winrar when I was trying to extract the file. So no your not the onlyone with the problem
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 16:06   Link #44
user33408

.rar file...? it's supposed to be a zip.

http://download.yousendit.com/B65D0F42C2DDA5DE

I've reuploaded it. hopefully it works now...
user33408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 16:13   Link #45
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Lightbulb Let's Get Started Early!

Now that we have the girls' names and know what they look like, we can start choosing sides and debating who should end up with the male lead.

As of this moment, I am declaring my undying devotion to Nao Morisaki. I will form a fan club (Now! Now! Nao! or NNN) and attempt to figure out who her greatest rival is. I'm guessing it is Sayaka Nagase. She looks like trouble to me.

OK. I should start making fun of Sayaka. In fact, I wish she would just die, as she hasn't taken Nao's feelings enough into account. I will try to try to turn the fans of Yu, Aki, and Cellaria against Sayaka and join all their clubs. If at any point Sayaka appears to be winning, I will wish death upon the male lead as well. He's obviously a dimwitted, pathetic jerk. I will join the kill the Soul Link male lead fan club (KTSLML) and post negative comments about him in the thread started by his supporters.

If Nao gets trounced by Sayaka in an Animesuki favorite girl poll, it is obviously bandwagon jumping, and not the NNN's relentlessly negative campaign. It has nothing to do with the fact that Nao is singularly lacking in personality -- unless you count borderline personality disorder as personality -- and that she stuck an ice pick in Aki's eye when she was five. (Aki had it coming.)

If Sayaka wins, it's obviously bad writing.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 16:23   Link #46
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
Now that we have the girls' names and know what they look like, we can start choosing sides and debating who should end up with the male lead.

As of this moment, I am declaring my undying devotion to Nao Morisaki. I will form a fan club (Now! Now! Nao! or NNN) and attempt to figure out who her greatest rival is. I'm guessing it is Sayaka Nagase. She looks like trouble to me.

OK. I should start making fun of Sayaka. In fact, I wish she would just die, as she hasn't taken Nao's feelings enough into account. I will try to try to turn the fans of Yu, Aki, and Cellaria against Sayaka and join all their clubs. If at any point Sayaka appears to be winning, I will wish death upon the male lead as well. He's obviously a dimwitted, pathetic jerk. I will join the kill the Soul Link male lead fan club (KTSLML) and post negative comments about him in the thread started by his supporters.

If Nao gets trounced by Sayaka in an Animesuki favorite girl poll, it is obviously bandwagon jumping, and not the NNN's relentlessly negative campaign. It has nothing to do with the fact that Nao is singularly lacking in personality -- unless you count borderline personality disorder as personality -- and that she stuck an ice pick in Aki's eye when she was five. (Aki had it coming.)

If Sayaka wins, it's obviously bad writing.

And of course if Nao wins, everything is nice, the writers are cool, the story was excellent, character development was marvelous, let's disregard everything that doesn't adhere to the above statement and praise Nao forever and ever, because Nao is THE girl and she had every right to do what she did and steal the victory from Sayaka, who's personality is non-existent because I don't like her cause she sucks and she's clearly suffering from some form of mental disorder cause there's no way she's not - look, she's eating her spaghetti with a knife but although she is using the fork now, I won't forgive her cause she's so crazy- and that's my credo and all who don't follow me are plain ignorant, mindless,immature babblers that don't know logic and reason, so cheers to Nao once again

Two can play this game
Old 2005-12-27, 16:27   Link #47
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

omg... me and npal are liking the same character?....... what has these forums coming to... and yes Nao for the win!!! shes a REDHEAD
Old 2005-12-27, 16:34   Link #48
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Either Yu or Sayaka for me. The Blue hair or the Green hair girl, so hard too chose Maybe i can pull a shuffle and take both
Old 2005-12-27, 16:41   Link #49
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

I want Yu and Sayaka. And maybe Nao as well. Do you think we'll get a polygamy option?
Old 2005-12-27, 16:44   Link #50
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
omg... me and npal are liking the same character?....... what has these forums coming to... and yes Nao for the win!!! shes a REDHEAD
No, I was making a point I'll tell you about it once I get a good look at the characters. In terms of personality. Other than that, they all look nice. And a question. Who is that sixth girl (the one with the huge pic?) Reminds me of someone

Last edited by npal; 2005-12-27 at 16:57.
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 16:51   Link #51
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

lol I just just trying to add a touch of fanboyism to it -.- for some reason I accually like Yu's character design abit more then Nao and thats all I have to go on until i see the personalities of the girls
Old 2005-12-27, 17:01   Link #52
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Corrected for YOUR truth perhaps
Meh, to each their own. I couldn't be bothered to read after this post.

Sounds interesting though, I'd definitely watch a Soul Link anime

Nao or Aki would be my pick, based solely on looks.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 17:06   Link #53
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
*lost* what are you all talkin about??

"Maids! Maids! Maids!
I want Yu and Sayaka. And maybe Nao as well. Do you think we'll get a polygamy option? "
giu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 17:25   Link #54
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

There are actually two protagonists in this game, so you have at least two couples.

If I'm reading the CG pack I downloaded long ago correctly,

Spoiler for light (probably) game spoilers:
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 17:51   Link #55
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
And of course if Nao wins, everything is nice, the writers are cool, the story was excellent, character development was marvelous, let's disregard everything that doesn't adhere to the above statement and praise Nao forever and ever, because Nao is THE girl and she had every right to do what she did and steal the victory from Sayaka, who's personality is non-existent because I don't like her cause she sucks and she's clearly suffering from some form of mental disorder cause there's no way she's not - look, she's eating her spaghetti with a knife but although she is using the fork now, I won't forgive her cause she's so crazy- and that's my credo and all who don't follow me are plain ignorant, mindless,immature babblers that don't know logic and reason, so cheers to Nao once again

Two can play this game
This always seems to happen with competitive "shipping". I noticed it first with a lot of online fans of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer show. At first, it was hard for me to believe. I decided to do some research and began looking at forums for other shows. I saw the same thing over and over again. At one point (this was several years ago), I checked out a forum for the televison show, Smallville. Now, anyone who has ever heard of Clark Kent knows who he eventually ends up with, but it was happening there too! Fans of one girl had gone so far as to concoct wild, implauable scenarios to take into account (the yet to appear) Lois Lane.

These things always seem to take on the exact same pattern:
  1. Ill will towards the competition.
  2. Ill will towards the lead character (coupled with more ill will towards the competition).
  3. Complaints about the writing.

I was near certain that soon after Rin confessed to Asa, we would see complaints about the writing. It took longer than I thought, but it always seems to happen. The success of a favorite character always seems to get entangled and confused with quality. It's like a force of nature. Or a game with strict rules.

I have issues with the writing. As I looked back on the series, the central conceit that allowed it to get beyond Episode 7 (and maybe even Episode 1) really strained my ability to suspend disbelief. My problem isn't with the outcome. It's how long it took to get there. Often, these harem romances have less to do with getting two people together, and more to do with keeping them apart for the duration of almost an entire series. That's where I think the credibilty issues lie, and where I often have problems with the writing. But that seems to be a force of nature too.
Old 2005-12-27, 17:54   Link #56
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
There are actually two protagonists in this game, so you have at least two couples.

If I'm reading the CG pack I downloaded long ago correctly,

Spoiler for light (probably) game spoilers:
Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-27, 18:02   Link #57
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
This always seems to happen with competitive "shipping". I noticed it first with a lot of online fans of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer show. At first, it was hard for me to believe. I decided to do some research and began looking at forums for other shows. I saw the same thing over and over again. At one point (this was several years ago), I checked out a forum for the televison show, Smallville. Now, anyone who has ever heard of Clark Kent knows who he eventually ends up with, but was happening there too! Fans of one girl had gone so far as to concoct wild, implauable scenarios to take into account (the yet to appear) Lois Lane.

These things always seem to take on the exact same pattern:
  1. Ill will towards the competition.
  2. Ill will towards the lead character (coupled with more ill will towards the competition).
  3. Complaints about the writing.

I was near certain that soon after Rin confessed to Asa, we would see complaints about the writing. It took longer than I thought, but it always seems to happen. The success of a favorite character always seems to get entangled and confused with quality. It's like a force of nature.

I have issues with the writing. As I looked back on the series, the central conceit that allowed it to get beyond Episode 7 (and maybe even Episode 1) really strained my ability to suspend disbelief. My problem isn't with the outcome. It's how long it took to get there. Often, these harem romances have less to do with getting two people together, and more to do with keeping them apart for the duration of almost an entire series. That's where I think the credibilty issues lie, and where I often have problems with the writing. But that seems to be a force of nature too.

My problem with the writing didn't begin until ep 21. Before that there was ep 19-20 when I was aggressively supporting Kaede but I had no problem with the writing so far. And before that, I just enjoyed the series, even if Sia got dumped Poor Sia... And for no reason... But at the time, we had about 8 episodes to go, so I thought that that's part of some plan, not just some crap to dismiss Sia and move to Asa. And I believed that the writers knew what they were doing until ep 21. Ep 21 is one of the worst resolutions of a plot issue I've ever seen. And even though the pattern may exist, that doesn't mean NO writing is crappy. Maybe it is. Or maybe we're always expecting too much. Or maybe the writing follows the same patterns, THUS yielding the same results for the fanbase.

You actually mean people debated on whether Clark would fall for Lois? Isn't that pretty much set in stone? We knew that from ages past At least as an adult, not in Smallville. Teenage characters usually suck, and although Clark really tries most of the time, he does some things that are way too stupid
Old 2005-12-27, 18:03   Link #58
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Sayaka and Nao look great but if I had my choice Nao would be the first.

TWo couples though? THat'd be interesting.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 19:11   Link #59
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Kun
thats just say when and other stuff heres the site with the story and charaters
http://www.project-navel.com/navel/soullink/
Very interesting... looks damn good so far
Can't wait until the anime comes out...
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 19:24   Link #60
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chii-chan
and here is one i just found on google of the other girl
That's Nanami Inatsuki
I've got another wp of her:

I've also made a combo wp of Aki (my fave this far ), Nanami, Nao and Sayaka: (1280x1024)

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-05-01 at 20:11.
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, bishoujo, drama, navel, romance, science fiction