Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-25, 19:54   Link #121
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
I am a French girl so could someone explain to me why Yang "fled" with other students
Yang seems to be a popular gal.

Ruby made her weapon? She's already smarter than most of the shonen heroes that are out there.

Is it me or do Blake's eyes remind me of a cats?
Old 2013-07-25, 19:55   Link #122
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I didn't caught completely either, but it seems that she makes friends lot of faster than Ruby and that they made some plans together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I assume that Yang is already at second year in Beacon, so she may already have a circle of friends.
Regardless, she is a friendly girl, so seeing her take off with another people is not really a surprise.
no Yang start this year beacon is Ruby who said in episode 1, so yes she has to make friends in the aircraft quickly maybe "male friend" or "girls friend" with their last appearance as "black shadow" I could not distinguish Girl
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Yang seems to be a popular gal.

Ruby made her weapon? She's already smarter than most of the shonen heroes that are out there.

Is it me or do Blake's eyes remind me of a cats?
yes blake may suggest "black cat" with the "ear" on his head

in any case chibi Ruby are too cute
Old 2013-07-25, 20:26   Link #123
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I assume that Yang is already at second year in Beacon, so she may already have a circle of friends.
Regardless, she is a friendly girl, so seeing her take off with another people is not really a surprise.
No, this is Yang's first year (Rose was skipped forward two years I believe)...she's just good at making friends quickly (super social extrovert type) as opposed to her sister...who's normal...

Disappointed in Weiss' personality...didn't figure her for the stuck up princess bitch type though we've only had assumptions from the trailer and she didn't really speak there (It seems like Monty regretted that the first two trailers were shorter and with no character exposition unlike the other ones but was short on time).
Blake is pretty much how I figured though.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 20:39   Link #124
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
No, this is Yang's first year (Rose was skipped forward two years I believe)...she's just good at making friends quickly (super social extrovert type) as opposed to her sister...who's normal...

Disappointed in Weiss' personality...didn't figure her for the stuck up princess bitch type though we've only had assumptions from the trailer and she didn't really speak there (It seems like Monty regretted that the first two trailers were shorter and with no character exposition unlike the other ones but was short on time).
Blake is pretty much how I figured though.
Me too I think that for Schnee... T-T I imagined so lonely ok but kind and gentle ect but not the opposite

good anyway that was nice and gentle and is pretentious and snobbish and had the second
Old 2013-07-25, 20:42   Link #125
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
i am very very impressed about this series (way better than some Anime i have seen in a while). Ruby is a genius when it comes down to battle, she was doing moves that would make most people drool over.
Old 2013-07-25, 21:18   Link #126
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I take back what I said about this show needing fight scenes to carry itself and Weiss being an emotionless waif. I guess you can't judge a character by a lack of dialog and white color because Weiss was anything but emotionless. Blake is exactly as I expected her, though that's not a bad thing. In a single episode we've already established the four main character's personality; from this point on it's a matter of development and dynamics for our divas.

The show is already creating tension with our heroines with the factions Blake and Weiss are in. Ruby and Yang are likely the ones who will bring the group together against threats later on. What this episode lacked in action was made up for in development. Roosterteeth's scripts were never too serious even during The Meta saga of Red vs Blue, so they still have the option of simply leaving RWBY to be fun punctuated by moments of intensity or go into uncharted territory.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 21:26   Link #127
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Blake....... my god blake !!
Old 2013-07-25, 21:31   Link #128
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
You misspelled Weiss. :X
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 22:18   Link #129
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
So, just watched the first episode via Youtube.... gotta say, I was going in thinking "The voice acting is going to be a huge problem for me" based on how every voice actor in the Yellow Trailer I could instantly tell "Oh, that's Jack from Achievement Hunter" or "Oh hey it's Barbara", but I really gotta admit that the voice acting was alot better than I was expecting it to be. There were actually afew people who I couldn't tell the voices to, which is really good to me~

Also, the soundtrack so far is STILL as good as it was in the trailers, which I wasn't expecting~
Old 2013-07-25, 22:30   Link #130
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhalo191 View Post
Crop before scale
Just scaling
New shooting animation for Ruby when looping, lol. If only the stick wasn't there.
Out of sheer boredom, I edited out the stick with MSPaint and reassembled the GIF for you.

It only had 16 frames, so I just exported the frames using VirtualDub. MSPaint did the rest.

As for the show...Well looking at the trailer now (the red one). The character art reminds me a lot of something animated in MikuMikuDance (though MikuMikuMoving would have been the most likely animation platform if this was MMD related, since MMM has more features/more powerful then MMD) or at least the line edges come off that way. It's definitely CGI of some sort. It comes off as a very very high end MMD animation with effects piled on and such. Wondering if someone puts enough time into an MMD project that with enough effects and such on it that it can come out pretty decent maybe like this maybe?

They could have done it with something completely unrelated, but the way the characters "look" definitely reminds me of how MMD models look with the edge thickness is left at default. The shading of the face also is reminiscent of things I've seen in MMD. Though the red cape physics is definitely something beyond what MMD can do well. Unless they put a sh*** ton of physics work into it or put it on in post production. :P

I'm just speculating of coarse. Whatever the platform they used, the animation work it self is top notch. If it's 3D, it takes a lot more work to make the body movements look fluid and not mechanical so double points in that case.

I have cameras in your head!

Last edited by Apache Thunder; 2013-07-25 at 22:50.
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 23:58   Link #131
Sixth
Hu Tao

I actually love Weiss's personality. She really lived up to princess's status and attitude. At first, I thought she will be some gentle girl who hungers for sex..not I mean, love or friends. Good thing she actually opposite from what I imagined.

Can't wait for Weiss doing infamous ojou-sama laugh.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 00:27   Link #132
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I actually love Weiss's personality. She really lived up to princess's status and attitude. At first, I thought she will be some gentle girl who hungers for sex..not I mean, love or friends. Good thing she actually opposite from what I imagined.

Can't wait for Weiss doing infamous ojou-sama laugh.
hahaha yes the famous laugh with the pose
Old 2013-07-26, 01:10   Link #133
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

2nd episode. Well it was expected that Weiss act like your typical ojou-sama and Blake owned her over what her family's company does.

Poor Ruby and Jaune, they are so lost.

Can't wait foe next week's episode.
Old 2013-07-26, 01:16   Link #134
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Typical or not, I mean there are also "Ojou-sama" sweet and kind

But for Weiss Monty decided it would be a snobbish unfortunately not for all those like myself
who thought the opposite

but somehow it will not stop me from adore
Old 2013-07-26, 01:43   Link #135
Tormenk

Enjoyable stuff so far with the actual episodes.

The context from the four trailers provides plenty to explore in the future so plenty to look forward to. Looking forward to find out who's Summer Rose, why Weiss has a scar around her left eye etc.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 01:46   Link #136
yari_mari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Enjoyable stuff so far with the actual episodes.

The context from the four trailers provides plenty to explore in the future so plenty to look forward to. Looking forward to find out who's Summer Rose, why Weiss has a scar around her left eye etc.
The scar around Weiss' left eye is explained in the trailer where she first debuted (White Trailer), I suggest you go check that out.

Summer Rose? I think you meant that poem written on the tombstone Ruby visited in the Red trailer. We don't know how significant that is, but as observant we have to be we have to be on a lookout for unexpected surprises foreshadowed in the trailers.
yari_mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 02:16   Link #137
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I think in the grave it is simply his uncle crow because in one episode, even the principal of beacon of talking about him as if he were not to the world, although this is yet to be confirmed but I think this is the uncle of Ruby
Old 2013-07-26, 02:26   Link #138
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yari_mari View Post
The scar around Weiss' left eye is explained in the trailer where she first debuted (White Trailer), I suggest you go check that out.

Summer Rose? I think you meant that poem written on the tombstone Ruby visited in the Red trailer. We don't know how significant that is, but as observant we have to be we have to be on a lookout for unexpected surprises foreshadowed in the trailers.
I too thought it was due to the punch she took but apparently the scar's reflected on her stage appearance even before the fight with the giant took place. Though if it was from that past scuffle, there's plenty to speculate about why a rich heiress would be squaring off against a giant knight and taking combat training for top fighters.

As for surprises, no big one if the narrator turns to be Torchwick's accomplice on the aircraft given how he starts off robbing the dust store by answering her narrative.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 02:33   Link #139
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yari_mari View Post

Question is how much of trailers is canon. For one I am pretty sure That Yang can never find Rinoa Heartilly (Final Fantasy) no metter how much of Mafia she beats...
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 02:36   Link #140
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Question is how much of trailers is canon. For one I am pretty sure That Yang can never find Rinoa Heartilly (Final Fantasy) no metter how much of Mafia she beats...
There may be a girl in this series that looks like this Rinoa Heartilly maybe... and "normally" while the trailers are "canon"... I think ^^"

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby