AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-07-10, 19:00   Link #781
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Just be careful with the Kutuzov. Never, EVER show broadside if you can possibly help it, because you can and WILL get one-hit deleted by any BB that scores a decent salvo hit on you, since the ship (much like any light cruiser) is made out of citadels. And unlike the Atago, you have no access to the Repair Party consumable, so every iota of damage you take will stick.

That being said, the ship has a prodigiously good AA suite, even when not upgraded, and speccing for AA (which is what I do) will make you feast on the hopes, fears, and dreams of any CV player that's dumb enough to get their planes within 7km of you.
Old 2017-07-10, 19:18   Link #782
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I highly recommend the Kutuzov, it's def worth it but then if you aren't using any RU ships then abit less so.
While playing any prem can be fun, a part of the reason to get one is for training captains.
If you are playing the RU ships and need a captain trained, Kutozov is a great ship for the job.
However saying that Kutuzov is just a great ship to play.
Yeah, about that. I don't really have an interest in RU ships (never had in their real-life counterparts in the first place, either) and do not own any ATM, so it wouldn't be any good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Just be careful with the Kutuzov. Never, EVER show broadside if you can possibly help it, because you can and WILL get one-hit deleted by any BB that scores a decent salvo hit on you, since the ship (much like any light cruiser) is made out of citadels. And unlike the Atago, you have no access to the Repair Party consumable, so every iota of damage you take will stick.
Yeah...I know exactly what you're referring to. I'm currently grinding the Fiji and that thing has a propensity to more quickly and unceremoniously perish than its predecessor the Leander (which I really enjoyed). Somehow the Fiji behaves like it is filled with unstable nitroglycerin sticks and I've been spectacularly quasi-detonated a couple of times these past few days. And my grind had actually started in a pleasant way, too. Such a shame.

I don't know whether I'll get the Kutuzov. The main gun range is alluring, but I've had some rough times with cruisers recently so I might try something more...resilient.

Speaking of which, I just got a supercontainer filled with 1,000DB. If I use those to convert some of my locked XP, I might actually be able to free-XP my New Orleans or my Mogami. Problem is, the Tier 9 cruisers, aside maybe from the Roon (don't have it, I'm still at the Königsberg and slowly getting close to the Nürnberg), are just slightly buffed derivatives of their Tier 8 predecessors, which makes me ultimately wonder whether I should spend those doubloons or keep them for something else (more port slots?).

It'd be fun to get to the Des Moines and Zao, but from what I see, the Baltimore is martyrdom incarnate. And the Ibuki is just an uparmored Mogami with the same guns and slightly better torpedoes. I'm not too enthused about the grind ahead. *sigh*

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-11, 04:42   Link #783
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

The Ibuki is more like an up-armored Myoko/Atago than a Mogami, due to having 10 guns vs. 15 guns. Though it definitely has a better frontal turret arrangement than the Myoko since it's a Mogami ABC-XY turret arrangement. That being said, it can't be as bad as the Izumo. I really did not like that ship at all. Though the Ibuki is a bit underwhelming as an "upgrade" vs. the Mogami, she's not really an underperformer considering her excellent concealment, heaviest alpha strike damage of all cruisers at T9, best torpedo performance of T9 cruisers (but keep in mind torpedo launcher arcs aren't great), and excellent mobility. Downside is her armor and HP pool that will melt under sustained enemy artillery fire, though TBH it's a common trend at this point for IJN cruisers, so your playstyle won't really change from what it's been for the last 2-3 tiers.
Old 2017-07-11, 05:59   Link #784
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Yeah, about that. I don't really have an interest in RU ships (never had in their real-life counterparts in the first place, either) and do not own any ATM, so it wouldn't be any good to me.
Well like I said you don't need to get a prem for the sole reason for training and imo it's one of the prems you can play just for fun.
I buddy up with a mate and we chain smokes and just set every ship we see on fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Yeah...I know exactly what you're referring to. I'm currently grinding the Fiji and that thing has a propensity to more quickly and unceremoniously perish than its predecessor the Leander (which I really enjoyed). Somehow the Fiji behaves like it is filled with unstable nitroglycerin sticks and I've been spectacularly quasi-detonated a couple of times these past few days. And my grind had actually started in a pleasant way, too. Such a shame.

I don't know whether I'll get the Kutuzov. The main gun range is alluring, but I've had some rough times with cruisers recently so I might try something more...resilient.

Speaking of which, I just got a supercontainer filled with 1,000DB. If I use those to convert some of my locked XP, I might actually be able to free-XP my New Orleans or my Mogami. Problem is, the Tier 9 cruisers, aside maybe from the Roon (don't have it, I'm still at the Königsberg and slowly getting close to the Nürnberg), are just slightly buffed derivatives of their Tier 8 predecessors, which makes me ultimately wonder whether I should spend those doubloons or keep them for something else (more port slots?).

It'd be fun to get to the Des Moines and Zao, but from what I see, the Baltimore is martyrdom incarnate. And the Ibuki is just an uparmored Mogami with the same guns and slightly better torpedoes. I'm not too enthused about the grind ahead. *sigh*
Alot of these T9 aren't super interesting(altho I like my mighty Roon) but I do think they are worth it for the T10s.
Zao is an amazing ship to play, it's really good.
Also if your using doubloons to exchange to free exp should only ever do that when it's 1=35xp.
Old 2017-07-11, 15:23   Link #785
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Looks like all the Zuikaku turkey jokes come back to me now.

Enterprise Plane layout is horrible imho.
I was aware she'd have t7 planes on t8 but not that she has only 5 planes per squadron on top of that.
That and due to my longer absence from WoW + Skipping 2 Tiers of carriers I can only say that she is imho mostly useless.
in a direct strafing battle where both parties start at the same time her planes will always loose. due to being lower tier.

The only upside is the AP bombs which I only saw working as well as claimed on battleships.

That beeing said, running into every strafe trap is pretty much my own fault but lets say the Shoukaku wasn't the turkey in that match lol. (though I think it would have run out of fighters before me)

In total I can say that it takes far more micro managing than my independance, with the latter feeling more useful due to better plane layout.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-11, 21:37   Link #786
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

What are you talking about? The Enterprise is a great ship. It's literally an indirect nerf to KM BBs with the AP bombs. One time my friend was playing it and I saw him do 57k damage in a single dive bomber airstrike on a Bismarck. Admittedly, RNJesus favored him a bit with that particular dispersion, but that damage potential is there. And if you're trying to, you can and will take down most KN or IJN BBs down hard, assuming they don't have tons of AA support. In addition to its excellent damage potential with AP bombs, the Enterprise has crap tons of fighters. Unlike other carriers, you can afford to lose quite a few fighters and not risk running out of planes, which means that you can harass enemy strike squadrons farther in AA bubbles than you normally would with other carriers, or you can keep enemy ships spotted even when it means losing some fighter aircraft. The drop pattern for the torpedo bombers is also unique, and some players may eat a torpedo or two expecting the normal flat/cone shaped spread of torpedoes, rather than the staggered W-shaped pattern they actually form. Also, it's the only T8 CV that can take Air Groups Modification 3, which helps a lot with strike aircrafts' effectiveness and survivability (additional +15% survivability).

The point of the Enterprise is NOT to be an up-scaled Bogue like some other USN CVs (i.e. designed for complete air dominance through large numbers of fighter squadrons), it's designed to be a well-rounded CV that can adjust to almost any battlefield circumstance, and to be able to take big risks with its fighter squadrons. It has 96 aircraft in its hangar, most of them being fighters. The fighters are like pawns in chess; they are designed to be sacrificed for bigger gains elsewhere.
Old 2017-07-12, 01:31   Link #787
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
What are you talking about? The Enterprise is a great ship. It's literally an indirect nerf to KM BBs with the AP bombs. One time my friend was playing it and I saw him do 57k damage in a single dive bomber airstrike on a Bismarck. Admittedly, RNJesus favored him a bit with that particular dispersion, but that damage potential is there. And if you're trying to, you can and will take down most KN or IJN BBs down hard, assuming they don't have tons of AA support. In addition to its excellent damage potential with AP bombs, the Enterprise has crap tons of fighters. Unlike other carriers, you can afford to lose quite a few fighters and not risk running out of planes, which means that you can harass enemy strike squadrons farther in AA bubbles than you normally would with other carriers, or you can keep enemy ships spotted even when it means losing some fighter aircraft. The drop pattern for the torpedo bombers is also unique, and some players may eat a torpedo or two expecting the normal flat/cone shaped spread of torpedoes, rather than the staggered W-shaped pattern they actually form. Also, it's the only T8 CV that can take Air Groups Modification 3, which helps a lot with strike aircrafts' effectiveness and survivability (additional +15% survivability).

The point of the Enterprise is NOT to be an up-scaled Bogue like some other USN CVs (i.e. designed for complete air dominance through large numbers of fighter squadrons), it's designed to be a well-rounded CV that can adjust to almost any battlefield circumstance, and to be able to take big risks with its fighter squadrons. It has 96 aircraft in its hangar, most of them being fighters. The fighters are like pawns in chess; they are designed to be sacrificed for bigger gains elsewhere.
The issue is that your starting squadrons only have five planes, in addition to being only t7, whiel all other carriers have six planes per squad.
The t7 planes alone aren't even that much of a problem (though I'd have preferred helldivers) - in combination with the 5 plane squads a pure horror though.

And note this isn't an absence of skill points on the commander.
Carrriers usually have 6 planes per squadron and can be buffed to 7. Only Japanese carriers have less. The planes also get shot down rather easily due to being one tier below the enemies AA fire.

Enterprise vs Shoukaku definitely makes the Enterprise the turkey there

You also forget that she can see t10, where a max of 6 planes(with skill) is pretty much suicide when your planes are only t7. The 5 plane issue also came a bit surprising because no one said it in the video...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch
Old 2017-07-12, 04:11   Link #788
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

It's called strafing, man. You use your weaker fighter planes themselves as bait, then strafe when overconfident players try to rush your smaller squadrons. They'll not only come at your planes in a straight line but also in nice, large groups so you can get them all at the same time. It works 9 times out of 10. At that point the difference in plane number per squadron is irrelevant because then it's simply mopping up, or at the very least forcing the enemy player to retreat back to the carrier.
Old 2017-07-12, 14:26   Link #789
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
It's called strafing, man. You use your weaker fighter planes themselves as bait, then strafe when overconfident players try to rush your smaller squadrons. They'll not only come at your planes in a straight line but also in nice, large groups so you can get them all at the same time. It works 9 times out of 10. At that point the difference in plane number per squadron is irrelevant because then it's simply mopping up, or at the very least forcing the enemy player to retreat back to the carrier.
I know what strafing is(see above).
The point is that if you strafe against a t7 planes Lexington at the exact same time the enterprise does (i.e both start at the same time) you will automatically fall short because you got less planes.
Even in instances attack planes get through unharmed you still loose more than enough of them to AA fire(non CA) though.
Not that much of a deal with the Douglas, because you have more than enough. Torpedo bombers on the other hand are a completely different issue.

tbh it would be a totally different issue if they had made it 6 planes or 30 EUR. But you'd expect more from a 50 EUR ship than being a general underdog. - there is even a review on the wargaming forum that says they can't recommend it at 50 EUR too btw. - Next thing is that the promotional video says with no word thats its just 5 planes compared to the usual 6.
( memo to myself: read reviews first then buy ship).

I am on a EU server btw, atm I often see being the sole carrier on the team with a Lexington or higher against me - and if you see tier ten - don't even bother getting your planes up because iff the Japanese Jet Fighters don't shoot you down, the Bearcats
will.

The most positive thing I saw about her is that its REALLY hard to cause flooding due to the torpedo blisters she got. and that DDs become less evasive to torpedo bombers.

Twitch
Old 2017-07-13, 05:49   Link #790
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The Ibuki is more like an up-armored Myoko/Atago than a Mogami, due to having 10 guns vs. 15 guns.
The Mogami's 203mm/50 Type 3 (available with Hull B) is the exact same one you'll find on the Ibuki. Same AP and HE ammo damage stats. The only difference is the range, which is slightly greater (courtesy of the improved FCS) on the Ibuki.

Even though I at first loved the 155mm guns on the Mogami, their low alpha made me change my mind after a couple matches. I just wasn't whittling my targets down fast enough, so I eventually went back to 203mm, which was safer in case a wild cruiser appeared at short/medium distance.

Quote:
That being said, it can't be as bad as the Izumo. I really did not like that ship at all.
I'm already struggling a bit with the Amagi, which leads to the Izumo. That thing, even with a concealment upgrade (haven't got the T4 captain skill yet), is easily spotted and locked down by the T8-T10 BBs I regularly meet. It's basically an enlarged Nagato, with the same turret type, same bad armor, same worthless stealthiness, but with an extra turret and less maneuvrability. Since I tend to front-tank, the Izumo might be more appropriate for me, but then again I surmise its bad reputation just doesn't come out of nowhere. I'm still far from the Izumo, though, so I'll cross that bridge when I finally reach it...maybe in a month or two, since I'm NOT in a hurry.
Quote:
Though the Ibuki is a bit underwhelming as an "upgrade" vs. the Mogami, she's not really an underperformer considering her excellent concealment, heaviest alpha strike damage of all cruisers at T9, best torpedo performance of T9 cruisers (but keep in mind torpedo launcher arcs aren't great), and excellent mobility. Downside is her armor and HP pool that will melt under sustained enemy artillery fire, though TBH it's a common trend at this point for IJN cruisers, so your playstyle won't really change from what it's been for the last 2-3 tiers.
That's kind of my gripe with the T9 cruiser pool: all of them are just meager upgrades to their T8 counterparts and you just don't feel like the price tag and grind are warranted for what you eventually get. I love my Mogami (when everyone and their in-laws are not fully concentrating on me as their designated piñata) more than I did the Aoba and Myoko, but the Ibuki seems quite lackluster...and the Baltimore even more so, though the Balt seems to have better armor than the New Orleans and maybe better reload values (with the main gun upgrade that brings the RR down to 10s). I still have 8 premium days left, so I guess I'll be grinding the living manure out of them so that I can graduate both my NO and Mog at roughly the same time (I have enough credits to afford both the Balt and Ibuki, and I'll definitely sell the NO to recoup the expenses).

Old 2017-07-14, 22:15   Link #791
Psyco Diver

Well this match broke my spirit for the night

Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 01:52   Link #792
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Given the number of achievements you scored, it's still quite a feat. Heck, I envy your results far more than this (rather lucrative) defeat I had yesterday with my Amagi, which nearly gave me a heart attack:
(click to expand)
Spoiler:

Anyway, in a last burst of effort, I managed to expand my XP and picked up not only the Ibuki, but also the Baltimore and Nürnberg (I really slacked off on the German cruiser line). And boy was yesterday pure calvary: my Ibuki keeps getting deleted and even when I managed to land dozens of shells on my targets, start fires and whatnot, my team performance ended up being absolutely disappointing (to add insult to injury, I'm now at T9, so my net rewards are smaller). Surprisingly, I seemed to do a bit better in the Baltimore, even though it lacks the firepower of the Ibuki - maybe it's because the use of radar earns me additional points.

And I don't know why, but for some reason, the Königsberg and La Galissonnière now hate me; I used to do well and have exhilarating matches in them, but yesterday was a detonation-fest, until one match came to break the spell.

...Aside from that, I seem to be cursed with coward teams that don't push and like to watch the objectives get capped by a more decisive adversary. It's a very sad day when a BB has to front-line because the cruisers are back-camping.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2017-07-16 at 02:13.
Old 2017-07-15, 22:24   Link #793
Psyco Diver

True but I fought so hard and my friendly Bismark refused to chase down the last event ship in a Hipper, he had plenty of HP but kept playing peek-a-boo with a island with the cruiser and the cruiser wasn't running either, he was trying to forget too.

I'm running into a similar issue with the Furataka, I can dish decent damage but I can't keep the ship afloat. I glided down the USN cruiser line with ease but I'm struggling with the Furataka

Honestly if they want cruisers up front and make them more playable they need to start giving them heals allot sooner like T6. That most allow players to be more aggressive
Old 2017-07-17, 11:31   Link #794
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Now that my main ships are on T8/9 and I only have three days of premium left, I really need to review my ship lineup. My net rewards on average will melt like snow in the Atacama. I guess I'll be leaving my Ibuki, Baltimore and Amagi for a while and grind the bejeezus out of my T7/8 premiums. Good thing I kept my Cleveland, Myoko and two T6 BBs, I'd be in the red since I have to outfit my new T9s with modules and I'm getting very close to both of their B hulls, thanks to that 200% XP weekend. That's a lot of expenses down the line.

Aside from that, I don't know what's the deal with the Fiji, but that thing just hates me with a passion. It's like it has a self-damage multiplier embedded into its model or something, because it behaves like a porcelain shop under attack by a herd of elephants. I want to like the damn thing, and it has assets (good AP and RoF) that seriously entice me, but it just won't cooperate. Half of my smokes just don't work out the way I want (either I end up out of the smoke's second puff area or my enemies know where exactly the heck I am, well before I become invisible...because I have to halt my ship before firing the consumable) and, as I said, I take damage like there's no tomorrow.

And BTW, WG has just done a tie-in with Warner Brothers' upcoming film Dunkirk by creating a new Operation (Operation Dynamo) for 0.6.8.0, which will portray the Dunkirk evacuation effort. Two destroyers (one Brit, one French) will be given to the players...then taken back once the event is over. The "special" reward will be a unique camo for the Dunkerque battleship...if you own it.

EDIT: BTW, which of the two IJN destroyer branches is the most interesting to play in your opinion?

Old 2017-07-19, 21:21   Link #795
Psyco Diver

I started on my T5 BB review, I'm about 3 games into each ship (Kongo, NY, Texas and Konig) and boy I knew T5 MM was bad but this isn't even funny. I can't imagine how bad it is for new players since it doesn't take long to hit T5.
Old 2017-07-21, 04:55   Link #796
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

It's true that being in a König or Kaiser and suddenly have a wild Scharnhorst or Gneisenau appear before you is usually the start of a bad day, thanks to the +/-2 MM setting.

God knows I definitely rued the days where I had such encounters; the two Ks are really horrible ships when compared to the Gneisenau sisterships (and the other T7 BBs), in terms of both armor, RNG, speed and main gun range. The Kaiser has such bad dispersion you practically need to have a portable RNJesus shrine strapped to its superstructures in order to get lucky; and I can't count the number of times I saw carefully-aimed shots fly high or sideways, even in short range engagements.

EDIT: forgot the Kaiser was Tier 4, so it has no chance of meeting Tier 7 BBs like the Gneisenau class.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2017-07-21 at 05:06.
Old 2017-07-24, 17:21   Link #797
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
I started on my T5 BB review, I'm about 3 games into each ship (Kongo, NY, Texas and Konig) and boy I knew T5 MM was bad but this isn't even funny. I can't imagine how bad it is for new players since it doesn't take long to hit T5.
I don't have many issues in the Kongo because it has better speed and maneuverability than the other T5 BBs, but I would not want to be in a Konig or New York/Texas in the same T7 match. Kongo can be a decent second-line support BB, but the others are too slow to keep up with the higher-tier BBs and cruisers, and tend to get isolated and picked off alone by DDs or CVs.

And at least the MM isn't as bad as WoT because tier differences don't necessarily mean an instant-faceroll. As long as you know how to angle properly and not show broadside to half the enemy team like so many BB drivers love to do, the difference in tier doesn't matter as much. Stick with your team (yes, even if it means SLOWING DOWN... I know people love just going full speed 100% of the time) and support the higher-tier BBs.
Old 2017-07-25, 03:27   Link #798
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I don't have many issues in the Kongo because it has better speed and maneuverability than the other T5 BBs, but I would not want to be in a Konig or New York/Texas in the same T7 match. Kongo can be a decent second-line support BB, but the others are too slow to keep up with the higher-tier BBs and cruisers, and tend to get isolated and picked off alone by DDs or CVs.
This.

That was one of my major gripes when going down the US / GER BB lines - slow speed meant you often lost out on the action and took a heck of a long time to get from point A to point B (or within the magical 15km range to engage a target). The most infuriating case was having an enemy DD suddenly cap a point on the other side of the map and being forced to get there in time.

I got a supercontainer yesterday containing 50K of free XP, so I used that opportunity to unlock the Izumo. I only need more 3.45M credits to afford it, so I'll be grinding it out for the next couple of days (I've been thinking about keeping the Amagi, but I don't know, maybe I'll re-purchase the Nagato instead, some time in the future). The Fiji kinda threw cold water on me, so I chose not to free XP my way up to the Edinburgh, and I'll probably need the remainder of the free XP to get faster to Izumo hull B (hull C is the one with the improved rudder shift) and its improved secondaries.

In other news, I got hull B for both the Baltimore and Ibuki and finally installed that GFCS Mk.2 module on both vessels - and boy does it make a difference! The big issue those two cruisers posed is that I had to go up and personal (14.5km for the Balt, 15.7km for the Ibuki) in order to actually hit something and that usually ended with me getting whacked silly by longer-ranged GER/RU cruisers and of course battleships. The 16% range extension helps a lot, even though it does also extend flight time and crosshair leads. And that main gun upgrade on the Baltimore that reduces the RoF from 15s to 10s is sweet, it finally makes that ship worthwhile. T‿T

P.S. I don't know why, but the Scharnhorst seems to dislike me these past few days. OTOH, the Alabama, Bismarck and Atago have been giving me lots of financial affection.

Old 2017-07-25, 06:44   Link #799
Psyco Diver

Quote:

And at least the MM isn't as bad as WoT because tier differences don't necessarily mean an instant-faceroll. As long as you know how to angle properly and not show broadside to half the enemy team like so many BB drivers love to do, the difference in tier doesn't matter as much. Stick with your team (yes, even if it means SLOWING DOWN... I know people love just going full speed 100% of the time) and support the higher-tier BBs.
I actually found the NY and Texas to be absolute beasts, NY has more range (NY 18km, Texas 16.5km, without plotting room), the Konig was a struggle because it had 16.5km also but doesn't get access to plotting room and along with it's weak but accurate guns made for some extremely frustrating games. The Konig is a classic school yard bully, when top tier she is great but bottom tier she is a struggle. Kongo was fun like always and consistent but I found 15"/16" guns hurt her allot more than the other BBs and it became clear early on she is the softest armored ship and needs all the HP she can get.

I finished my 10 games in each ship last night and I'm going to start writing tonight, I will say I feel sorry for new players first getting to tier 5, WG really screwed then with the new MM
Old 2017-07-26, 13:18   Link #800
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
I actually found the NY and Texas to be absolute beasts, NY has more range (NY 18km, Texas 16.5km, without plotting room), the Konig was a struggle because it had 16.5km also but doesn't get access to plotting room and along with it's weak but accurate guns made for some extremely frustrating games. The Konig is a classic school yard bully, when top tier she is great but bottom tier she is a struggle. Kongo was fun like always and consistent but I found 15"/16" guns hurt her allot more than the other BBs and it became clear early on she is the softest armored ship and needs all the HP she can get.

I finished my 10 games in each ship last night and I'm going to start writing tonight, I will say I feel sorry for new players first getting to tier 5, WG really screwed then with the new MM
It's not the firepower of the NY/Texas I have issues with. All American BBs have great guns, and that's a fact. It's the speed. I can deal with ships that turn slowly, but their low top speed makes it hard to stay relevant to your team as the match progresses and you have to either start contesting cap points or chasing down stragglers.

Tags
naval warfare, warships