AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Old 2009-12-16, 17:08   Link #81
Sep

There's something that has been bothering me since watching episode 10. It's revealed that Suou died 8 years ago when the university was bombed. I thought that Shion got his contractor powers 2 years ago during the Hell's Gate incident? How would he have been able to clone Suou if she had died 8 years ago, but he didn't have his contractor powers until 2 years ago?
Sep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 14:17   Link #82
Sigsig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sep View Post
There's something that has been bothering me since watching episode 10. It's revealed that Suou died 8 years ago when the university was bombed. I thought that Shion got his contractor powers 2 years ago during the Hell's Gate incident? How would he have been able to clone Suou if she had died 8 years ago, but he didn't have his contractor powers until 2 years ago?
Shion has been a contractor since birth
Sigsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 06:48   Link #83
Bombo
TSF Fans

Since the S2 end..when the ova release?
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 16:46   Link #84
Aryu
Rest... yet not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
Since the S2 end..when the ova release?
First OVA will be released with DVD on January 27.
Old 2010-01-07, 16:39   Link #85
hikothedarkwolf
Demon king of wolves

Send a message via AIM to hikothedarkwolf Send a message via Yahoo to hikothedarkwolf
does anyone know when the darker then black box sets will be out? i was at ikki con just last weekend and they didnt have them out yet
hikothedarkwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 17:34   Link #86
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

In the US the release date is for March 23rd so you have a bit longer to wait unfortunately.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 17:06   Link #87
phufool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0f2l...d#movie_player
at 2:45 can someone tell me what episode that is from? i dont remember hei ever fighting those guys!
phufool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 17:25   Link #88
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It's from a preview for a new OVA that'll be released soon:

Last edited by Haak; 2010-01-17 at 04:25.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 17:40   Link #89
phufool

ah i see, can't wait for the OVAs then! thanks
phufool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 15:01   Link #90
hikothedarkwolf
Demon king of wolves

Send a message via AIM to hikothedarkwolf Send a message via Yahoo to hikothedarkwolf
yay thank you for the info. i love this series it is just so awesome i mean you cant help but love it lol
hikothedarkwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 22:03   Link #91
Slayne

Bleh, so the OVA is in between S1 and S2? Was hoping for a continuation.
Slayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 14:34   Link #92
Liwyn

Send a message via MSN to Liwyn
Weird question, but... Is S2 finished? After just 12 episodes? And if it isn't, how many are there gonna be? If it is finished, is there going to be a new season? It's kind of a strange ending for the story if it really ends at EP12 S2 Oh and I was wondering if I should read the manga and if so which chapter should I start at?
Old 2010-01-22, 04:14   Link #93
Suimancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
B: Hei has no renumeration, he's just a glutton.
I would like to add that Hei's gluttony can also be a representation of him filling up the void within himself, hence Hei = black. Well, he could have been a glutton during his "happy times" with Bai but experiences can change how one previously perceive things, recall Havoc's dialogue concerning eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Okay, I was looking over tvtropes.com today and noticed that DtB came up under unreliable narrator page. Can someone please tell me who and what it's referring to since I am totally lost.
Spoiler for what tvtropes.com says:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
I have many questions after watching 6 episodes of DTB.

1.Why did July decide to join Hei's party? Hei killed the rain girl.

2.2 part question. Why does Hei like little girls? Does Hei like Suou and vice versa?

3.Does Misaki like Hei?

4.Does the people that work with Misaki have a fetish with Hei? Seriously, they chase him around everywhere and try to lure him in.

5.Is hei a contractor or a human? Before and after he lost his powers.

6.Is Suou a contractor?

7.How did Norio come to become a pedophile? All lovey dovey on Suou.

8.What are the Heaven and Hell's gate, and why are they important?

9.Why is there no corrolation between Season 1 and Season 2?

10.Seriously, why is Hei so damn emo? And he drinks more than my Russian friend.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
What happened with the syndicate prior to S1 ? The guy who recruited Misaki said that he's going to catch the remnants of the syndicate or something...did I hear wrong, or perhaps there's something that I haven't got the explanation yet ?
Spoiler:

Last edited by Suimancer; 2010-01-22 at 13:28.
Suimancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 06:38   Link #94
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Bai has transmutation powers. She has the power over energy, particles, etc. Like the Silver Surfer or something.

According to the sub, I watched... she was able to change Hei's body in the same way her body was and give him a copy of her powers. At least, allow him to tap into her power source.

His powers are "artificial."

My guess... this could be the "premise" of a third season. People trying to recreate what Bai did and take powers from a contractor and give them to someone else.

Nick seemed to have the same powers Bai did. Why? or were they just similar?

Hei powers are very complex and the easiest way to manifest them is to just manipulate electrons.

----
Hei is a faux contractor, real human. Hei has never thought as a contractor. Hei has always sacrificed his own self interest for the sake of others. He gave up his chance at a regular life to protect his cold, distant, contractor sister. He killed tons of people he didn't want to kill as a super assassin for the sake of his sister. He's always been an extremely emotional, irrational, guilt-ridden love fool that has put on a face of a hardcase. He's the surly troubled loner. He's a common hero/antihero type. He wears black, looks sad, talks the game of being some hardass emotionless killer(which is totally BS), and has every chick he ever meets wanting to have his children when he takes a bullet for any young couple, orphan, cripple, puppy, kitten, or hamster that he sees in danger.

Last edited by mechalord; 2010-01-22 at 06:58.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 16:36   Link #95
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
What is his relationship with Amber?
Old 2010-01-30, 21:55   Link #96
aionxx

A few questions. Season 2 is over correct? Are the new OVA's a sequel or fill up any plot holes? Basically, since I like having all episodes before watching, should I start season 2 or wait till all the OVA's are out.
aionxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 23:43   Link #97
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I don't know. Okamura had said that S2 is the end and he wants it that way.

Only the released OVAs that we hear of now will cover some gap from S1 and S2, just like the Shikoku no Hana manga's doing.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 00:04   Link #98
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Anyone know the name of the insert song that plays at the end of Ep 12, and if there's a release date for it on an album or single? The one right before the credits. Not sure if it's played in previous eps and I'm also too lazy to check anyway.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 11:25   Link #99
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Isn't Norio only about 16?

In Darker than Black, it's been a decade since contractors showed up. In Darker than Black S2, it's been 12 years. Norio's mom left him when he was about 3, when her powers awoke. So that means he's about 15 or 16 years old dependent of when his mother "awakened."

Suo is 13 or 14. They are about 2-3 years apart in age. Shion was born on the day the gates appeared, that is why he was born a contractor.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 09:19   Link #100
Joe_fh

Quick question. Does anyone know the release dates of all the DVDs (the OVAs) and could you please post them if you do?
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a