AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations > Custom Requests

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-25, 20:47   Link #1
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Certain Type of Romance

Hey people just recently startred getting into some Romance anime and i have just rewatched Love Hina its one of my favourites but what i got annoyed at was it too a whole 25 episodes and 3 OVA'a for something substantial to happen.

so i am just wondering what are some romance animes where it doesnt take the whole series for some romance to happen and have a happy ending.

thanks
Old 2009-05-25, 21:04   Link #2
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
Hey people just recently startred getting into some Romance anime and i have just rewatched Love Hina its one of my favourites but what i got annoyed at was it too a whole 25 episodes and 3 OVA'a for something substantial to happen.

so i am just wondering what are some romance animes where it doesnt take the whole series for some romance to happen and have a happy ending.

thanks
Don't mean to burst your bubble but there aren't many recent animes out there that will give you what you desire because what you want to see is exactly what I want out of romance animes.

Avoid Ah! My Goddess because it is similar to Love Hina in some ways (the huge difference would be the magic though) because Ah! My Goddess will disappoint you in the end, nothing really happens in the relationship.

You can try Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins, these 2 series were pretty good in my opinion. Also, I just recently finished watching Canvas 2: Niji Iro No Sketch which contains an interesting Love Triangle although it won't seem like it until almost the very end

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-05-25, 21:06   Link #3
anime"angel"
angel

you mean like umm when 2 people fall in love at the first episode? or like when they fall in love not at the start but in somewhere in middle of all the episodes?(sorry not good at explaining) but Gravition is kinda ok.... *but the thing is, instead of a girl and a guy, its a guy and a guy*
Old 2009-05-25, 23:36   Link #4
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by anime"angel" View Post
you mean like umm when 2 people fall in love at the first episode? or like when they fall in love not at the start but in somewhere in middle of all the episodes?(sorry not good at explaining) but Gravition is kinda ok.... *but the thing is, instead of a girl and a guy, its a guy and a guy*
yeah im not really looking for something that develops at the start but sort of midway thourgh to the end of the series but not the VERY LAST episode.
yeah not really interested in guy guy or girl girl.
Old 2009-05-25, 23:51   Link #5
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Only one that I can think of in which kind of fits your description (happy ending) is Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Feelings happen really early on as well as toward the middle of the show (If I remember correctly.)
Old 2009-05-26, 07:36   Link #6
KimmyChan

I can't recommend the series Rumbling Hearts & Peach Girl highly enough to you as a couple of good romance series suggestions (Rumbling Hearts also has it's fair share of emotional tragedy to boot aswell)
Old 2009-05-26, 08:51   Link #7
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

How about Lovely Complex? It takes more than half a series' worth of the tango, but the "key development" is achieved long before the last episode.

That, and it's a lovely series in general led by a lovely main pair. Although, I have to say that I'm always wary of recommending shoujo or more "substantial" romance anime whenever a requester mentions Love Hina as an example of a romance favorite.

I mean, I like Love Hina too but...

*ahem*

Less shoujo-y is True Tears. It really stretches your request here, the high point (which, *sniff*, was beautiful) being really midway-through-to-the-end and not much development for the winning couple after, but it's a good romance series so you might want to look there.

On a less conventional side Ef - A Tale of Memories (i.e. the first season of ef) has one couple who becomes a couple very soon after, while the other half doesn't resolve its triangle until the very end. You get half the package here, but hey. It's a romance anime with trademark SHAFT-style animation, meaning it's hated by some, loved by others, and can be a bit disorienting to newcomers.
Old 2009-05-27, 00:08   Link #8
Shadow Kira01

Generally, you are looking for something like Love Hina..

Ai yori Aoshi
Ichigo 100%
Maburaho
Shuffle!
Suzuka
Tonagura!
Old 2009-05-27, 01:01   Link #9
mit7059

Kare Kano (aka His and Her Circumstances)

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2009-05-31, 23:13   Link #10
mrboldy

Ai yori Aoshi , and clannad doesn't take the whole series for their relationship to develop lols enjoy.
Old 2009-06-01, 14:16   Link #11
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit7059 View Post
Kare Kano (aka His and Her Circumstances)
yep...This one is Great form the start till the end
Old 2009-06-01, 14:27   Link #12
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboldy View Post
Ai yori Aoshi , and clannad doesn't take the whole series for their relationship to develop lols enjoy.
Well Clannad's 2nd season, since they're already in the relationship from the first season, but you'd have to watch 24 episodes first to get to somewhere, as you can't watch the 2nd season without the first.