AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Meer VS Lacus
Meer 94 30.82%
Lacus 211 69.18%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-13, 10:49   Link #61
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
We could make a comparison using these models to analyze these assets.

Moon Goddess Lacus Clyne

Beach Goddess Meer Campbell

...but we see it as pretty useless, since they're like the same size. Well if they were used in a sense to compare who's hotter...

Lacus' breasts go from one size to another, and Meer's don't need any in-episode, filler, or OP and ED enhancements to make them look good...they're the same all throughout the series. Which makes for Lacus' unbelievability to shine through, somewhat.

And what makes GSD also unbelievable...the Sailormoon Syndrome...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 11:12   Link #62
BrokenWingz

Lacus

Meer had low esteem about her physical appearing>easy to be used by Gilbert / gullible, she was complex but probably typical / someone relatable.E.g when you go from pov>rich you wouldnt want to give that up and etc.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 12:48   Link #63
really
Strawberry Ice Cream

Wow i knew it!!!! Lacus was gonna be ahead of Meer

Well what if you just compare the Lacus from Gundam Seed DESTINY
screw gundam seed, just ingnore teh fact that Lacus was in Seed because
it'd be useless to compare teh two in seed seeing how Meer hasn't existed

I think alot of people still have the seed impression of Lacus, I think she was better in seed then in destiny

Meer before teh sugery

as you can see she had a nice body, she just covered up more

Meer After surgury

her body stayed the same she just decided to wear tighter clothes and show it off more
really is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 16:04   Link #64
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
The funny thing about Lacus, was she said they offer peace with weapons in hands, so amusing.
Old 2006-04-14, 01:01   Link #65
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by really
Meer after sex change

as you can see she had a nice body, she just covered up more
Meer before sex change

So technically Meer did exist in SEED, I'll just leave it at that
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 01:43   Link #66
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader
The funny thing about Lacus, was she said they offer peace with weapons in hands, so amusing.
Speak softly, but carry a big stick. Hardly unusual in the political world.
In fact, it's politics rule number 1. That rule is ignored by Cagali, and that's why she failed.

What, you think Lacus is a hippy? All talk and no action? You can't offer anything unless you have the means to pull it off. Let's see if a country can survive without a standing army...

Hell, even the Vatican has an army of its own.

The Swiss is big on neutrality, but they have a HUGE army for their size too. Being neutral means have no allies, so they have to prepare to defend themselves on their own.

Anyone who is mad enough to believe self-disarmament will bring about world peace, will fail faster than Cagalli.
Old 2006-04-14, 12:14   Link #67
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Anyone who is mad enough to believe self-disarmament will bring about world peace, will fail faster than Cagalli.
Well, in the end, Relena didn't fail. LOL
Old 2006-04-14, 12:20   Link #68
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Well, in the end, Relena didn't fail. LOL
She did jack. It was the Gundams that helped.

Would people take her seriously if they don't think Wing Gundam is on her side?

Anyway, you disarm AFTER peace is achieved. Not before. Or did I not watch the same show as everyone else?
Old 2006-04-14, 12:22   Link #69
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

But, that my friend, was courtesy of some 5 kids with gundam >.> So its not a total disarment.. no matter how you look at.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 12:38   Link #70
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I'M JOKING FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. It was quite obvious with the " LOL " tagged on at the end. Calm the heck down.
Old 2006-04-14, 20:00   Link #71
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
I'M JOKING FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. It was quite obvious with the " LOL " tagged on at the end. Calm the heck down.
Sorry... Was on an argumentative mood.
Old 2006-04-15, 16:50   Link #72
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
I voted for Meer. It's not that I'm voting for Meer though, but that I'm voting against Lacus. Don't really care for either one of them but it's really about picking the lesser of two evils.
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 06:11   Link #73
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

@ Flo

LOL now we know what happened to Kuzzey...

@ Vallen

And what stick is THAT pray tell? The end of Strike Freedom's bling bling stick?

Lacus hardly ever DID anything in Destiny. Unless you count the things she "said" she did: Terminal, Factory, and the "little notebook"...and how it was SO "believable" in the entire run of the series really makes me sit back and sigh how Lacus-sama is just the "perfect" person to run an entire universe. Right. There's really nothing complex about how she works, she just says some things (with the aid of her Lacus dust), and all people around her start thinking that she's a Goddess of some unimaginable omnipotence ...given various examples of how incredibly illogical Lacus' logic seems in the CE universe be logical makes us think she ought to run for the Empress of the Universe and she would have probably won by a LANDSLIDE...

Cagalli, even though it was shown that she failed horribly, did it in quite a "believable" sense, unlike Lacus. Given their political backgrounds, Cagalli was more apt to "succeed" than Lacus. She was the daughter of a very vocal advocate for peace (or neutrality), and Cagalli had always taken time out to try to reach the other side of the story, going to Heliopolis alone, joining the Desert Dawn. She tried to see all sides of the story, not just because it was already set that there are Naturals and there are Coordinators. She liked being where the action was, and she didn't like how her father seemed to run Orb. Not being a Cagalli fan, I find that she did a horrible job in Destiny, whether the rumors are true or not about the VAs crossing Morosawa's path and she has to pay for it, and they did some rather pathetic salvage job of it all, thanks to Lacus-sama, it seems. But for someone whose character was built throughout SEED and to come to the travesty she was in Destiny, I think that it was a little unfair of you to equate Cagalli's actions with Lacus'. She and Athrun did all the work while Lacus hides out in that orphanage with Kira. She had the Athha name to live up to. And the emirs were pushing her too far. How was she to go about it? Naively believing in the words of her father notwithstanding, she knew she had to make it work, because she's the leader of Orb right now. Not some Pink Princess who decides to hide away living out her own peaceful life after what she did in the last war, when she knew she had to do a LOT.

Old 2006-04-20, 07:04   Link #74
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

How nice, you include Cag's achievement including those from GS yet with Lacus is confined to her achievement in GSD alone. Lacus main priority was never to rule any nation, but to reduce the hospility between Natural and Coordinator to the minimum level achieved. And she managed that in the end of GS.. Once the peace achieved, she chose to leave in isolation, she was never a leader of a nation to begin with and was never obligated to lead a nation unlike Cagalli who inherit Orb from her father.

Sadly I must admit that GSD lack presentation of her true power, but dismissing those are only act of ignorant. She was shown capable of having those power back in GS and achieving those power was not unachievable in GSD for her.. even Gil accepted that she have a great influence to PLANT. And people keep dismissing "the little notebook" do you really, really believe that the whole DP was laid out in that single page ... Its a diary, surely you cant expect they showed every single page ??? (of course it could be present better -- but hey, its GSD, and it lack of proper time left at that time to finished everything) The single page was shown as an icon to represent the whole thing >.>
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 10:52   Link #75
ghost89475

Lacus vs Meer.
Lacus gets the vote easily.

For 40+ eps Meer isn't really Meer, but trying to act like Lacus. I have no clue as to her real thoughts and feelings or personality (other than the clingy side in front of Athrun). Then, for one ep we finally get to see the true her. Unfortunately, it only made things worse. I pity her, but can't like her.
ghost89475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 11:55   Link #76
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Well looks inflatable boobs won this contest. Never underestimate the power of The Fanboys.
Old 2006-04-20, 12:21   Link #77
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
How nice, you include Cag's achievement including those from GS yet with Lacus is confined to her achievement in GSD alone. Lacus main priority was never to rule any nation, but to reduce the hospility between Natural and Coordinator to the minimum level achieved. And she managed that in the end of GS.. Once the peace achieved, she chose to leave in isolation, she was never a leader of a nation to begin with and was never obligated to lead a nation unlike Cagalli who inherit Orb from her father.
I only included the things she did in GS in relation to her horrible failure in GSD (which aren't ANY relation at all, if you get my drift...>.>;; ). And as for Lacus actually achieving anything... RIGHT. She went out to war, yes, she stopped Patrick Zala and his minions, YES, but where was she when her power was most needed? It was never a question of power, it was rather a question of responsibility. All those things she had believed in were for naught for her "achievements" didn't really last that long...knowing that all those things she fought for and believed in in the last war could've accounted for something, right? She believed in peace, she would've taken great lengths in ORDER to preserve that peace. Or did something, rather than stay out in the middle of nowhere. She led the Three Ships Alliance didn't she? She's the leader of the Clyne Faction? And yet it seems perfectly alright for her to live her life in isolation as the world went by and allowed Dullindal to grab power? Oh, of course, she has Terminal...

If any, what she did only made things worse. There are still Coordinators and Naturals. There are still people who believe each other are scum. Heck, even the entire world was thrown into turmoil again because of Dullindal and Djibril, and Dullindal using the fake Lacus to get the world's sympathy. If she was right there all along, Destiny wouldn't even have happened. Dullindal wouldn't have been able to "use" her, too. But then if that happened, there would be no Meer...

At least Cagalli TRIED to do something about it.

Quote:
Sadly I must admit that GSD lack presentation of her true power, but dismissing those are only act of ignorant. She was shown capable of having those power back in GS and achieving those power was not unachievable in GSD for her..
Um, yeah. After giving Kira Freedom, rallying people into rebellion, and then take the cause to the entire universe, and then disappearing right after. Some power. I mean, she only disappeared for 2 years in some nondescript island, then returns with a vengeance so like her former fighting form...like staring at the sea makes a person so... RIGHT.

Quote:
even Gil accepted that she have a great influence to PLANT. And people keep dismissing "the little notebook" do you really, really believe that the whole DP was laid out in that single page ... Its a diary, surely you cant expect they showed every single page ??? (of course it could be present better -- but hey, its GSD, and it lack of proper time left at that time to finished everything) The single page was shown as an icon to represent the whole thing >.>
I wasn't just pertaining to that single page (or maybe, in a sense...)...and besides, where the heck did she find the sudden enlightenment to declare those pages she read as something VERY evil? It's like I just read one book on something like, let's say, mathematics. By the time I read just that one book, I dismiss mathematics as the bane of my entire existence, and I only based it on that book I read. I wouldn't take time out to read other mathematics books, because I already hated mathematics when I READ that book. It's not reading between the lines, or whatever. It's just...wonderful enlightenment. Lacus did something like this. >.>;;

Or maybe Terminal already got something on Dullindal, and the notebook's the only thing needed to make Dullindal as the ultimate evil? We'll never know, because we never really heard anything definite about the Destiny Plan until that little notebook popped out.

Old 2006-06-08, 04:17   Link #78
Gundams

i prefer lacus although meer is much active than lacus
Gundams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 10:59   Link #79
frok
Banned

Send a message via MSN to frok
Thumbs up

Okay i'm actually in love with Lacus so I think I gotta go with her as someone I would rather spend my whole life with. Although Mia seems to be more energetic so I would probably enjoy making out with her more. I do feel for Mia because she isn't as well liked because she tries too hard to be like Lacus and more or less fails.

She also is pictured as a bimbo a la Pamela Anderson but I think we need more bimbos in the world to balance it out . I felt soooooo bad for Mia after I learned that she went through so much pain during the surgery. I wish she didn't have to go through all that... . But overall I just like Lacus much more because I love her soft voice and I would listen to her talk for hours . She's my soul mate.
frok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 11:04   Link #80
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Remember I said I won't vote here. I change my mind.

I voting for that bitch Lacus, FOR OBVIOUS REASONS.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote