AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-23, 18:08   Link #241
AB079
Banned

It's time to say goodbye to one of the best series this season, it was thrilling, interesting, filled with amazing scenes from the manga that were portrayed in a really good way and all of that mixed with excellent OP and ED, top tier VA's and nice animation.

Of course is not a perfect series, some episodes felt like filler material while others were simple incredible. The last episode was interesting on it's own because it brings to the table the idea of a pure gambling game that played with the real interest of Yumeko and Kirari. I enjoyed this series quite a lot, final score for this one an 8/10.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-23, 21:28   Link #242
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Definitely one of the top from the season, will miss Yumeko's destroyed her opponents and the crazy faces.

8/10!

And it was obvious Kirari had a twin sister.
Old 2017-09-24, 01:34   Link #243
Blueknight78

omg, i'm already missing all the "rape faces" of the girls, this serie was really fun, that "original" ending was good they only forget which yumeko lost her "pet status" afte wins over the stundent concil guy which ended with the white hair, she used her "pet status to challenge" him and once she beat him she become "human again too", she can't use it anymore to challenge anyone in the future, well so far...

i will give it 9/10, not gonna give a 10 because it ended exactly when everything really gonna start to get good and crazy, but still good enough, yumeko is no doubt one of the best and creep main girls ever on anime serie, at same time she can be a "good person" she also can be so evil and dangerous which make even the evil peoples shit scared of her with her level of crazyness, its over 9000!!!!!!!!.

a serie full of hot bu at same time scare and crazy girls, i really don't know if i could handle any of that girls and "survive".
Old 2017-09-24, 03:12   Link #244
Mister Twit

I like how they left most of the cards face up at the end and none of them were The Fool, just to tease us as much as possible about whether or not the marked one really was it.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 06:29   Link #245
Jaden

Still prefer the depth of Akagi or Tetsuya when it comes to a gambling story, but I do admire how Kakegurui cuts right to the chase, and its great aesthetics. I was hoping for an anime original ending with some more oomph to it, but it's still best of the season for me.
Old 2017-09-24, 08:05   Link #246
Kurapica

I am gonna be honest. The last ep was somewhat of a disappointment.

Some of the earlier games had more tension in them because it felt like the stakes were much higher and the course of events were more unpredictable.. Yumeko and the rest of friends have built up too much of a plot armour by now for anything really surprising to happen. This stalemate was boring.

Overall i give the series a 6.5 for the craziness, originality and the characterization. Imo it was good, not great.
Kurapica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 08:14   Link #247
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Somewhat of an open ending with enough catch for a second season of the manga wraps it up properly in the future. I guess the show got enough popularity to keep an open end?
Old 2017-09-24, 10:20   Link #248
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I shouldn't have expected that someone would lose in the final showdown . In a way, I'm kinda happy that it ended this way since it leaves the series to more adaptations. But the way it ended, I seriously doubt that. ;_;

Kirari and Yumeko definitely have a very weird relationship. I still feel like we know nothing about them, which adds to this enigmatic connection they share. I wonder how Kirari and Ririka differ in personality if at all.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 11:43   Link #249
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapica View Post

Overall i give the series a 6.5 for the craziness, originality and the characterization.
This! It was cool to watch and those crazy faces were pure joy. Who knew that mixing some of the gambling elements in a fucked up "what if" in-school society could make such an interesting show. The character designs were also fantastic. One of my favorites in the season.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 17:58   Link #250
thefreakmike

After bingewatching the rest of the season in prep for the finale gotta say... it was a satisfying adaptation. Not the best but not bad either. Tho I must say that everything starting with the Midari arc was rushed to hell like, the tension from the manga wasnt exactly felt accurately in the anime mostly becuase of the rush.

So it wasnt surprising that they announced that it will end with an original anime ending, but it was a silver linning that said ending was penned by the author himself. The finale per say wasnt bad, cut short and a bit anticlimatic for sure, but I think MAPPA and the author handled it pretty well for what time they had left. Plus they actually did left the door open for a potential s2, the last 3 minutes actually having manga material, Though I dont expect a second season anytime.

Overall, it was a solid adaptation, 7/10
Old 2017-09-24, 21:41   Link #251
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-25, 10:41   Link #252
grecefar

Well couldn't expect much of final original chapter, didn't like it at all, but overall they did a great job with 11 chapters, even adding fanservice some times, 9/10 with the adaptation.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-25, 10:55   Link #253
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Really enjoyed this show. I'm glad the final episode didn't close the doors for a possible season 2, even if it's very unlikely it will get one.

8/10. Not a great gambling anime, but the craziness and sexiness of the characters made up for it. Loved Yumeko.
Old 2017-09-25, 16:56   Link #254
James Rye

I loved the crazy faces. Best game was the one where Mary and Yumeko had exchanged their token value, the last "end game" was a bit boring - just choosing three cards and the moments 1 and -21 were drawn you knew how this would end. Still a very enjoyable 'cause crazy show due its gambling school and its insane and gambling addicted cheating students. Would not visited that school else I'd end up as a pet.
Old 2017-09-26, 00:39   Link #255
HandofFate

lol @ Mary's face when Suzui 'confessed' to Yumeko
Old 2017-09-26, 20:56   Link #256
MgMaster

A good way to close things off given they had just one ep remaining I guess, but it still wasn't the most thrilling of challenges. The fact that we didn't get much of an aftermath hurt as well.

A necessity for 2-cours, or at least 13 eps was a given. We get the "Go read the manga!" ending, I get it, at least half episode to provide some closure while also leading people to the manga is very much doable. You'd have the other half of the 13th ep dedicated to the gamble then.

One thing's for sure, the journey was definitely better than the destination, with other gambles topping this one, not that this one didn't have it's charm of course. But props to Mappa for really stepping it up with the visuals, esp those damn facial expressions that rival Prison School. Also, even more credit to them for choosing more interesting source materials to adapt rather than going for cookie cutter LN adaptations.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-30, 20:11   Link #257
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Really enjoyed this show. I'm glad the final episode didn't close the doors for a possible season 2, even if it's very unlikely it will get one.

8/10. Not a great gambling anime, but the craziness and sexiness of the characters made up for it. Loved Yumeko.
This where I'm at imo. I don't this really needs a S2 for this since at end if the day Kakegururi was about crazy people and gambling. It never had much of a defined plot so while I wouldn't be against it all the way the show concluded is fine in light of that.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-30, 20:18   Link #258
IceHism

Meh last episode but there is something about the anime that's missing what I found in the manga. I thought it was pretty meh all the way through while watching it and I don't even know what I liked about the manga anymore besides the art. 6/10
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 13:05   Link #259
scififan

Images
pretty girls of Kakeguri
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, gambling