AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations > Custom Requests

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-08, 23:48   Link #1
gh0stmice
*Artist

something pretty entertaining

hi everyone, im looking for a really entertaining series. i perfer if they weren't too "deep",but not nessacarily mindless(ok they can me mindless). sometimes i have long days and i don't want to think to hard when i get home, i kinda just wanna "vege-out"....so please suggest me some "vege-out" kinda shows...kinda like FMP fumoffu, 3x3 eyes, Haruhi, or green green t.v.

prefrences
-some action(thou it doesn't have to)
-little or no romance(i can make exception)
-ecchi doesn't bother me nor does harem as long as its tasteful
-nothing too deep
-must be entertaining
-y2k and up...nothing old

my list is kinda small so this shouldn't be that hard( http://myanimelist.net/animelist/gh0stmice )

please only suggest things i havn't seen
Old 2008-02-09, 01:32   Link #2
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
Lucky Star maybe? It has no action or romance, isn't too deep but is entertaining in its own way...relatively recent as well. It's a slice of life comedy.

Murder Princess is a short ova, of 6 episodes. It pretty much hits all the bases, sorta like Claymore that you've seen though not nearly as dark or focused one endless battle...some comedy thrown in the mix instead.

From your list you have seen Kanon and are watching Clannad. You might consider Air, since its produced by the same animation studio.

I feel the need to plug Spice and Wolf--sorta a fantasy adventure show. It spends alot of time talking about currency and political things, so it might be too deep, but it is a thoroughly entertaining show. While it has action, it's not the typical fighting action that is common place...more events are taking place that are dangerous. It flirts with romance but not to the extent to side things and it certainly has ecchi elements. I've heard people say it's the surprise best show of late, and I don't doubt it deserves that praise.

Most of my favorite shows are older, so I can't suggest too much.
Old 2008-02-09, 01:42   Link #3
gh0stmice
*Artist

thank you..ive been planning on watching lucky star for a while, so you just reminded me..

i would watch spice and wolf but i dont like waiting week after week for new episodes to come out, so im just gonna wait till the season is finished so i can watch it all at once...

appreciate it
Old 2008-02-09, 01:55   Link #4
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
Well if you've been planning on Lucky Star previously, I'll add Azumanga Diaoh as well. There are certainly parallels between the two series. AD, is older though still after the turn of the century but alot of people seem to like it.
Old 2008-02-09, 02:33   Link #5
jedinat

You might try Shura no Toki for some sweetish action; Trigun cuz it's one of teh best anime eva; R.O.D - the TV for some more slick action; Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu for it's hilarity.
Old 2008-02-09, 02:38   Link #6
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I'll have to recommend one of my favorite slice-of-life/drama anime, Manabi Straight!
Old 2008-02-09, 02:41   Link #7
Troilism

I second ROD but watch out, it didn't bother me but for some people the POOR pacing really got to them...if you stick it out though it's REALLY worth the watch with some really great characters. You HAVE to watch the OVAs first though or else the effect won't be the same.
Old 2008-02-09, 02:58   Link #8
Frans

Since you've got Seto no Hanayome on hold, you could start watching it. And I would suggest Muteki Kanban Musume, He is My Master, Sumomo Momomo. These anime falls into the mindless category
For other shows, you could try Bartender, Aria, Genshiken, Ichigo Mashimaro. Not exactly mindless, but it's nice
And I second Lucky Star, AzuDai, Hare-Guu, Manabi Straight.
Old 2008-02-09, 03:42   Link #9
Romalokp2
ecchi, funny,harem=great

GANTZ maybe but there is lots of blood some nudity and stuff like that
Old 2008-02-09, 16:38   Link #10
mrboldy

i see that u don't have school rumble on your list, so i'm gonna recommend school rumble (both seasons) its high school comedy,not too deep, has romances and a little bit of actions as well

oops i didn't see that u had school rumble on plan to watch list lols sorry i'll recommend Nagasarete Airantou then, its about a boy who ran away from home and then his ship got wrecked because of a storm and he ended up on an island where theres only females. It also has comedy,romances, and a little bit of action as well
Closed Thread