AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-05, 01:42   Link #2581
Sumeragi
Banned

Reverted to the StuH 42. I'll just say I'm enjoying it.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 01:59   Link #2582
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Reverted to the StuH 42. I'll just say I'm enjoying it.
Images
Response: Sadism
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So, after a series of wins (yay!) I had .. an abyssmal series of losses, which unfortunately Tak and Kamijou were a witness to. Capped off by me disconnecting from the server, but still being able to hear them on vent and surf youtube, but unable to reconnect to WoT .. and then an additional steam of losses.

So, having given up on the KT for the evening, thought I'd take out one of my most hated tanks, the T21 for a change of pace:

Images
For Victory!

Tier 9 game with no arty! Looks promising? (=_=) .. and whammo! Tons of scouting damage, tons of actual damage and I bagged a Panther and nearly a KT! I'm gonna wither away and die next week when I am deprived of WoT
Old 2013-02-05, 02:46   Link #2583
EagleBlue

After watching all of the current GuP episodes, I was convinced to try and play WoT again. Currently the tanks that I'm using the most are the SU-26, PzKpfw 35 (t), T18, Medium Mk.II and the M2 Light tank.

Any mods that I should probably go for and tips for light tanks?

Username is EagleBlue by the way.

EDIT: Just realized that you guys are in the NA servers and I'm in the SEA server.

Last edited by EagleBlue; 2013-02-05 at 04:04.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 03:17   Link #2584
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
The lower pen values I think is a sort of balancing, due to the armor of the tanks. It means: you can unload all the clip on the enemy, but if he don't die you can surely retreat and even bounce some enemy shells while you do. It's the complete opposite of the french, that is, unload all your clip and if the target isn't dead, say your prayers because of your toilet paper armor that even a Tier 1 can pen will not help you.
Their armor is on the weak side. It's stronger than French, but generally some of the weakest for their tier. T69 has a weaker turret but stronger hull than Pershing. T54E1 has the most pathetic armor other than the Lorraine and AMX-50 120. It'll only bounce sloppy shots.

My T54E1 looks like this every match:

Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 10:37   Link #2585
Sumeragi
Banned

Funny screenshots:

1. Kamikaze Tiger

2. Taking out the Japanese competition

BTW, I ammo racked the KGGUP member, killing with one shot for the full 460 hp damage. It was fun.
Old 2013-02-05, 11:10   Link #2586
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
So, managed to unlock the IS. Given its price (a whopping 1.250+ million credits) it'll be a LONG time before I'll be able to buy it (currently above 500k at this point). Also, Comprehensive Exam review, so I don't think I'll be playing as actively either for the next 3 or so weeks.
Old 2013-02-05, 11:24   Link #2587
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

One of those times you just have to go, "I should've bought Premium"...

Images
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 12:38   Link #2588
Gravitas Free Zone

I think I figured out which tank Jack of All Trades skill will be useful on, since I had the driver of my KV-1S killed twice in one game and the thing goes from Okay Fast to Damn Slow when that happens.

I suppose I should have known that already since I use the driver's hatch of KVs as an aimpoint.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 13:46   Link #2589
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Finally upgraded my T32, now i can pwn better than my T29, shaved 2 secs off reload time, spd is faster than T34, overall I can perform better than a T34 minus teh gun on the T34. I'll platoon with anyone now.

well after I get the tier XI and X on this line I might go russian KV line or german Tiger line.
Old 2013-02-05, 14:01   Link #2590
Sumeragi
Banned

My new style of playing:

1. Choose which tanks to play (currently in derp mode).
2. If your net losses for a tank goes to -2, stop playing that tank for a session.
3. If your net wins for a tank goes to +3, stop playing that tank for a session.
4. If your total net wins goes up to + 2.5 times the number of tanks you are playing, stop the session altogether.

The above allows me to stop from going into a deep loss streak or become overconfident and start blundering my way into a loss. Turns out my research on gambling is helping me rebuild my win rate.
Old 2013-02-05, 14:25   Link #2591
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Interesting, let us know how that works out for you, it reminds me of card counting ..

I'm still deciding on an approach of my own, but I think I'm going to do a few things that I think will definitely help my gameplay in the long run as well as remind myself of certain things:

1) Spend some time back in the non-derp lower tiers and bring those win rates back up and try to learn some things while doing so (practice a bit more patience, a bit more sniper - not to be confused with camping)
2) Spend some time reviewing the various maps and map strategies (http://wotguru.com/map-strategy/ - for example) to remember where sniping and strategic locations are
3) Remember to focus on learning new vehicles rather than stats when I first get them, increasing average damage per match, etc.
4) During each session, focus on one particular tank, getting a good feel for it and switching it up the moment I start to get frustrated
Old 2013-02-05, 14:26   Link #2592
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
My new style of playing:
[...]
Turns out my research on gambling is helping me rebuild my win rate.
Agree here; when things start to diverge greatly from my percentage goals, I'll stop the session and do other things for a bit. This helps keep track.

Though in my case it's just the overall rate that I'm trying to maintain (levelling some tanks is painful), so sometimes just switching vehicles is enough of a change.
Old 2013-02-05, 14:29   Link #2593
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ Interesting, let us know how that works out for you, it reminds me of card counting ..
Net 20 wins in 24 hours. So I guess it works.
Old 2013-02-05, 16:13   Link #2594
Blaat

Most painful loss ever:
Images

Would have won it too if I didn't panic slightly and shoot prematurely (I was forced to aim for the turret due tot he KV-1s poor gun depression) instead of repairing my tracks, move forward slightly and aim for the exposed sides of the M6.

On the slight bright side, thanks to that match I researched the IS and with that my KV-1S is on elite status and is currently my most played tank, beating the Pz IV by a single game.

So how is the IS? Checking the stats it looks like the best gun has the same stats as the KV-1S derp gun, does the gun still work against Tier IX targets?
Old 2013-02-05, 18:37   Link #2595
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Gotta go for the sides or rear for tier IX tanks. However, the Conqueror is very flimsy in terms of protection - anything other than the upper plate is pathetic at best. IS's niche is that 390 damage gun - it's got scary punch and scoots along quick enough to hang out with medium tanks and give them some extra firepower.

At least, that's how I played the tank in beta.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 18:57   Link #2596
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Agree here; when things start to diverge greatly from my percentage goals, I'll stop the session and do other things for a bit. This helps keep track.
I don't use mods.
Old 2013-02-05, 19:30   Link #2597
Sumeragi
Banned

StuH 42 Rampage

The chat in the last minute of the battle was amusing. My side was worrying about the capping Type 58, and he was praising me as his protector. Unfortunately, no Top Gun for me because the last enemy was too far away from me.
Old 2013-02-05, 20:06   Link #2598
Gravitas Free Zone

Sometimes the historical (and color matching) incongruities stick out more than usual.

Images
Old 2013-02-05, 20:13   Link #2599
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

^The only game in which you will see a german tank with an american flag
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 20:24   Link #2600
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

lol endless.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks