AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week's episode?
Perfect 10 9 19.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 36.17%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 31.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 8.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-01, 14:10   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Kashimashi Episode 4 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to this week's Episode of Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • No Manga spoilers in the Episode thread. Please alert a Moderator if you see Manga spoilers. Use the button you see below each user’s name.
  • Keep it on-topic and discuss the episode at hand.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members. Rudeness will lead to impotency.
  • As always…have fun, enjoy yourself and remember to tip the wait staff. =^.^=

Spoiler Tag Usage

Please do not post episode spoilers prior to the fan-sub release. Feel free to discuss the content if you watched the original airing or RAW, but hide all details and images (screen captures) in Spoiler Tags. Once the fan-subs have been release, current episode content can be discussed openly without the use of Spoiler Tags.

Any Manga spoilers will be deleted and repeat offenders will be warned. This thread is for discussion of the Anime only.

Example: Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=Hazumu and Yasuna]Hazumu and Yasuna are members of DEVO.[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for Hazumu and Yasuna:
Old 2006-02-01, 19:30   Link #2
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Spoiler for episode 4:
Old 2006-02-01, 19:40   Link #3
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The public nature of the poll gave me pause up until now, but this episode was so good (for romance-lovers like me) that I was going to call it excellent (nothing's perfect) even if you hadn' made the names private.

All three of the main voice actors are outstanding: Horie Yui (Yasuna), Tamura Yukari (Tomari), and Ueda Kana (Hazumu) -- maybe in that order. My heart filled several times and broke twice. And I finally noticed that the spaceman is played by Shuuji from Honey & Clover (Fujiwara Keiji).

Some slight changes from the manga seem to be improvements, as before (except for the one scene in the shop). And the way some of the emotional scenes were handled gave me respect for the director/storyboarder, Nakanishi Nobuaki 中西伸彰, who had directed episodes of CCS and did a lot on Kaikan Phrase, but whose only series-director credits were years ago, on Bomberman Bidaman Bakugaiden and Little Women 2.

The animation is good, too. I especially liked a scene where Hazumu is stamping her feet with excitement. And the emotion in the faces is great.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-02-02 at 00:41.
Old 2006-02-01, 20:05   Link #4
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
There's an amusing reference while
Spoiler for "episode 4:
Old 2006-02-01, 22:40   Link #5
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

This episode finally touches the triangle relationships of T, Y, H.

The pace is kinda speedy but not too hard to catch up. [IMHO that pace is good for such kinda shows, it created a big cliffhanger effect right before the ED start rolling. I enjoyed that.]
Now that's what a good storyboarder must be accounted for. 9 outta 10 I'd say.
Old 2006-02-02, 12:14   Link #6
K-chama

Send a message via AIM to K-chama
This epsiode kind of crossed the line for me when it came to the ecchi comedy. Hazumu is struggling with her feelings for Yasuna and the father just ignores this to be a pervert. And I thought he might actually sit down and ask what's wrong too. It put a dent in an otherwise great episode.
Old 2006-02-02, 12:49   Link #7
Millenia
Emotional Shoujo Girl

Send a message via MSN to Millenia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
But this episode was so good (for romance-lovers like me)
Me too (*^_^*)

Spoiler for Imo:

Gee, it did rain didnt it
Old 2006-02-02, 16:21   Link #8
JediNight
キズランダム

Millenia:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-02, 17:29   Link #9
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-10, 15:52   Link #10
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Episode 4 has been subbed. Should hit Suki soon.
Old 2006-02-10, 19:55   Link #11
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Ayuki is everywhere... Take the blue pill Tomari~ o_o
Plenty of drama, but Tomari just has to break things up at the last second. =/

And Hazumu's dad continues his downward spiral. Venus! >_<

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2006-02-10 at 20:11.
Old 2006-02-10, 22:12   Link #12
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

I had a serious Mai HiME flashback in this episode... a certain scene...
Spoiler for Mai HiME:

Big deviation from the manga, though... I like Yasuna's confession better in this anyway. Leaves more room for drama for the classroom kiss.
But then, if my theory is right, the original artist didn't want too much Yasuna/Tomari rivalry to get in the way.

And yes, Ayuki is frickin' everywhere...
10/10 for me
Old 2006-02-10, 22:56   Link #13
TDRKZ
Asa all the way

From the Shuffle Forums and on to my new favorite anime of this season Kashimashi and what can I say? This is EXACTLY what i've been searching for. It hasn't been since Kannaduki no Miko (spelled wrong possibly) that theres been a yurish anime and I must say that this one is brilliant. It is solely girl romance because the main character is in essence, a male ... well initially anyway. I can't remember the last time such a love triangle was formed in an anime.

Kashimashi is new and exiting and made for all you romance suckers like me. Very quick and not to bore, only one episode was needed for most of the settings and now its off to the races... and I do mean races.

WELCOME TO YURIWORLD POPULATION 3 (T, Y, H)
Old 2006-02-11, 00:54   Link #14
AKOL
~Innocent Starter~

Send a message via AIM to AKOL Send a message via MSN to AKOL
Wow, Yasuna for the win. Thats all i can really say about this ep.
Old 2006-02-11, 01:49   Link #15
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
Big deviation from the manga, though... I like Yasuna's confession better in this anyway. Leaves more room for drama for the classroom kiss.
But then, if my theory is right, the original artist didn't want too much Yasuna/Tomari rivalry to get in the way.
Without going into anything that hasn't been shown in the anime yet, what was changed here from the manga?
Old 2006-02-11, 06:05   Link #16
Kensuke

This episode was really good, now real dorama starts to kick in. Hazumu is still little clueless, but not totally, I think. Yasuna has made her move, and I loved the little scene she has with Hazumu in karaoke bar.

Now it is up to Tomari to fight for Hazumu. And I support Tomari x Hazumu.
Old 2006-02-11, 07:22   Link #17
Jaden

Ayuki is a stalker...I'll just ignore her.
Anyway from now on it's total war
Old 2006-02-11, 13:02   Link #18
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Venus indeed.
Old 2006-02-11, 13:53   Link #19
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-chama
This epsiode kind of crossed the line for me when it came to the ecchi comedy. Hazumu is struggling with her feelings for Yasuna and the father just ignores this to be a pervert. And I thought he might actually sit down and ask what's wrong too. It put a dent in an otherwise great episode.
Yeah, her/his/its father is really creeping me out as well.
Some might be viewing it as funny (i'm not making judgements, just stating my opinion here), but a parent getting sexually excited over their own child (even in jest) is just a bit too much for me.
Old 2006-02-11, 14:41   Link #20
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
Yeah, her/his/its father is really creeping me out as well.
Some might be viewing it as funny (i'm not making judgements, just stating my opinion here), but a parent getting sexually excited over their own child (even in jest) is just a bit too much for me.
x3. It's just not funny, no matter how hard Hazumu's mom puts the beatdown on his dad afterwards. There's been enough of this...

Moving on... Yasuna is kinda using her renewed friendship with Hazumu... She is certainly open/a bit forceful about her feelings, in any case. Poor Hazumu is so confused.
And what's Tomari going to do? Confess, too? That would make Hazumu's head asplode...

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2006-02-11 at 16:01.
Closed Thread