AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2015-05-25, 23:09   Link #1
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

War Between China and US

Chinese Media Say Military Confrontation Over South China Sea 'Inevitable' If US Tries To Stop Island Reclamations

Note "Chinese Media Says". Still it would be interesting to see some sabre rattling here.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 06:52   Link #2
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Pfft, all this saber rattling is just strengthening the Anti-Chinese alliance in the Far East.

Though on the other hand its still quite improbable for a war to break out between the US a and China. Maybe a proxy skirmish between China and neighbors like Vietnam or the Philippines?

But it certainly would be a negative outcome for the recently recovering world economy.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 07:33   Link #3
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I'd rather not have a war thanks. The US would use Australia as a staging ground and I'd rather not have that sort of target painted on us. Compared to the countries around us our armed forces are quite small, even if we are probably crazily trained and fairly well equipped (I've never really looked to hard at what we have, just that apparently the S.A.S are insane). I guess the upside would be that if the US and the majority of SEA throw down against China, the total numbers would probably be fairly even.
Old 2015-05-26, 08:29   Link #4
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Though on the other hand its still quite improbable for a war to break out between the US a and China. Maybe a proxy skirmish between China and neighbors like Vietnam or the Philippines?
Oh please no, especially Vietnam. Have you even seen how China rammed one Vietnamese ship some time ago? The Philippines didn't even experience such direct shooing away.

Also, the PH isn't totally well-equipped for armed combat. Despite my grandpa's continuous complaints about the government's actions as "befitting of gay cowards", I feel that the UNCLoS is the only way the Philippines can "fight". I'm that even China won't risk getting sanctioned by the UN for crossing the line over international laws.

Quote:
The US would use Australia as a staging ground
Why Australia? There are much closer countries to China than Down Under.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 10:21   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Why Australia? There are much closer countries to China than Down Under.
http://time.com/3102616/us-military-presence-australia/

Quote:
August 12, 2014

The United States will be finalizing an agreement to increase its military presence in Australia in an attempt to bolster its ties with allies in the Asia-Pacific, where China has been flexing its muscles, Reuters reported Tuesday.

The negotiations will conclude an agreement made between Australia Prime Minister Tony Abbott and U.S. President Barack Obama in June.

At the annual AUSMIN talks between U.S. and Australian defense leaders this week, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel will discuss a proposal to add more fighter jets and bombers to a military base near the northern Australian city of Darwin, Reuters said.
We also have this today: http://news.yahoo.com/japan-join-u-a...210302030.html
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 13:47   Link #6
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

For all the crap that is said in the Chinese media, I always wonder if they have at least 2 neurons to think what would happen if the US starts using their own media machine to play the same kind of game (Oh, the irony!). I'm sure it can be very unpleasant if you have the US media machine turning against you in any kind of story.

From what I can understand, the Seventh Fleet is in the area. So my guess is that the "threats" are aimed at the Fleet, especially since the Navy sent a P-8A Poseidon to take better photos of the infrastructures built by the Chinese on the island on a regular basis. So far, that's all: a plane taking photos of a construction being built in an illegal zone. What is it to get pissed about? Either way, China's presence is already an ecological threat with the way they are destroying coral reefs through construction out there.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2015-05-26 at 15:14.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 14:00   Link #7
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Chinese Media Say Military Confrontation Over South China Sea 'Inevitable' If US Tries To Stop Island Reclamations

Note "Chinese Media Says". Still it would be interesting to see some sabre rattling here.
The article links to an original source with the html address of "http://opinion.huanqiu.com/editorial/2015-05/6514521.html"

So I would assume this is an opinion of a random writer based on that.

Edit: ok, upon further reading, this opinion is also shared by 2 academic analysts from China.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-27, 21:54   Link #8
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I'd rather not have a war thanks. The US would use Australia as a staging ground and I'd rather not have that sort of target painted on us. Compared to the countries around us our armed forces are quite small, even if we are probably crazily trained and fairly well equipped (I've never really looked to hard at what we have, just that apparently the S.A.S are insane). I guess the upside would be that if the US and the majority of SEA throw down against China, the total numbers would probably be fairly even.
Wouldn't the US east coast or Japan be closer for attacks?
In the short/mid term, a conflict is pretty much impossible. China holds so much US treasury bonds that China can threaten financial ruin for the US should anything happen. China also can threaten the global supply of rare earths, which would mean no more smartphones for you (side note, most smartphone assembly is in China so that's a double no smartphone for us)
On the flip side, China is still very much export dependent for it's economy so shooting the people who are buying your goods is a very bad business decision... Also, I suspect any armed conflict would turn off relations with Taiwan and bolden the separatist in HK
I think NK would be super happy though
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 06:56   Link #9
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

U.S. hopes Chinese island-building will spur Asian response
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0OD0AX20150528
Old 2015-05-29, 03:56   Link #10
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
I don't know about Philippines but there's no way a skirmish between Vietnam and China can happen in at least another few decades. VN's economy is heavily depended on China. Not to mention some of VN's high officers is pro-China, the most serious thing VN will do against China's aggressive behavior is more "verbal fighting".

And when it come to military power, I don't think ASEAN stand a chance against China even if all ASEAN countries combine their forces. We're talking about a war against a country with more than 1.3 billion people ( They can literally zerg rush you ) and nuclear weapon. Dealing with China through diplomatic measure is ASEAN's best choice.
Old 2015-05-29, 06:28   Link #11
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Well as I've said a lot of these sabre rattling is just playing into the hands of the US. There's that major "trade" agreement being negotiated with the Trans Pacific Partnership which conspicuously doesn't include China. The hawkish remilitarization of Japanese rhetoric, reiteration of US support to various far East Asian allies etc.

And no, its not as if ASEAN countries would be standing alone if there is a conflict with China. There are mutual defense treaties between the US and various countries in the region after all such as Japan, South Korea, the Philippines, Australia, etc. Which is a heavy deterrent and counterweight in the region.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 06:43   Link #12
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 08:02   Link #13
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

U.S. says China has placed mobile artillery on reclaimed island
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0OE12T20150529
Old 2015-05-29, 10:41   Link #14
Setsunabuseman

Its amazing that i discovered this in anime forum lol. Let hope they can work out there differences.
Old 2015-05-29, 23:33   Link #15
AnimeFan188

China Tries To Jam U.S. Global Hawks While Busy Developing Their Own:

"China has reportedly been trying to jam U.S. Air Force RQ-4 Global Hawk flights
flying over the increasingly volatile South China Sea. Meanwhile, they are busy
perfecting its own High Altitude Long Endurance (HALE) unmanned aircraft, with new
pictures of a twin fuselage design emerging on the internet."

See:

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/chi...lop-1707641153
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 06:55   Link #16
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Exclusive: Vietnam eyes Western warplanes, patrol aircraft to counter China
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0OL04U20150605
Old 2015-06-05, 23:45   Link #17
AnimeFan188

Chinese hackers have breached the US government twice in less than a
year:

"The US government suspects that Chinese hackers have hacked into the Office of
Personnel Management, which operates as the human resources arm of the federal
government, according to reports by the Wall Street Journal and the Washington
Post.

The records of about 4 million current and former federal employees were
compromised.

According to the Washington Post, the hackers obtained information about
"employees' job assignments, performance ratings and training," but not sensitive
information related to background checks or security clearances."

See:

http://www.vox.com/2015/6/4/8732499/...overnment-hack

================================================== ====

Giant hack may be first step in pursuit of bigger US secrets:

"The government is worried that hackers who raided more than 4 million federal
employment files will use their loot to pry into more-secure computers and
plunder secrets about the U.S. military, economic strategy or foreign relations.

Federal officials said Friday the cyberattack appeared to have originated in China,
but they didn't point fingers directly at the Chinese government. The Chinese said
any such accusation would be "irresponsible and unscientific.""

See:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/3c000...federal-agency

'We should be very clear: China is at virtual war with the United States':

"China's offensive cyber capabilities have consistently surprised the United States
in terms of breadth and sophistication of attacks.

"The latest attacks revealed yesterday show millions of existing and former US
government employees with their private data now in the hands of the Chinese
state."

See:

http://www.businessinsider.com/china...-the-us-2015-6

Go Ahead, China—Copy Our Crappiest Warplane:

"Desperate to project power in the South China Sea, Beijing is working on a
hovering “jump jet” that looks a lot like the Pentagon’s F-35B. But this bit of
espionage will cost them."

See:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-warplane.html

Avoiding Or At Least Hiding The Apocalypse:

"Internet photos (of ship mockups for training) and chatter indicate that China is
preparing to begin construction of a new (Type 055) 12,000 ton cruiser class ship
with over a hundred VLS tubes and much else besides. This would be the largest
surface combat ship China has ever built. Carriers, which are much larger, are
also planned."

See:

http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/chin.../20150605.aspx
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 05:04   Link #18
Draco Spirit

Why the hell does China feel a need to saber rattle? Surely there government must know there best strategy is to keep the economy growing and not create the sort of situation were there major trading partners aren't super edgy around them?
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 05:46   Link #19
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Maybe, they might think than they are already too big and powerful for their close ''trading partners'' to fight back much.
Old 2015-06-06, 06:07   Link #20
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
It's already news that Kawasaki-made P-3Cs are going to be handed to Manila c/o of Tokyo. IMO, they'll want to boot them out for the P-1s.

I don't know if there's a price attached.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote