AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-09-16, 02:19   Link #13441
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-21, 10:56   Link #13442
Gravitas Free Zone

Eternal September is World of Tanks:

I drive up to a corner to sidescrape, but have to back up a bit to get the right angle. Of course someone immediately rams their tank into that space, causing me to accidentally place a 128mm round into the back of their turret. They don't die to that, but they do TK me and then die from enemy fire.

And no, I don't run Safeshot, because I'd rather not have the a mod try to figure out what's going on in front of my reticle when lag and general weirdness are considered.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 10:33   Link #13443
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
You will get idiots like that from time to time who don't have clue number one in what is going on around them, and the only ones who would charge in front of another players gun are the professional griefers and trolls who would do that to get that person banned for team damage/killing which could have happened to that moron who charged in front of your gun and then TKed you (if they turned blue and stopped moving then they were hit with the auto ban hammer for too much damage to teammates).

I've been the victim of idiots who don't even pay attention to what is happening as one recent incident, I had an encounter with one moron who placed himself near a path that tanks would go across and just kept firing the gun at nothing each time it was reloaded and this twit didn't even notice I was crossing his path in my slow heavy tank and his next shot took my tracks off which left me defenceless to the two shots I took from the enemy which damaged my engine and gun leaving me with an even slower tank with a gun that wouldn't be able to hit the side of a barn from the inside although I was able to make the most of it and survive the battle (and I didn't act like a rage box and plant a shell into the idiots tank since that doesn't solve anything).

I did manage to get one epic cap reset yesterday as I was racing back (as fast as a KV-85 could go) to assist in the defence and managed to get what could be a one in a thousand shot (I don't even think I had a silhouette of the target tank) that penetrated and reset the cap (I should really get that replay uploaded).
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 12:19   Link #13444
Raviel

Hello, I recently just got back into WoT and I was wondering if anyone here has some advice on what tanks are good for grinding credits without premium (premium tanks are also out of the question for me because I'm not really sure how long I'll be playing).

I'm currently trying to save up for the Centurion Mk1.

P.S. Do personal missions reset once you've completed both the primary and secondary objectives for them?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 12:45   Link #13445
Gravitas Free Zone

The tier 5-6 (and certain 7) range, preferably with high DPM combined with good penetration standard ammo.

This list is typically linked: http://www.vbaddict.net/statistics.p...dname=creditsn

When you finish all objectives for a personal mission, you cannot play for it again; you will have to wait until you finish all of the missions for whichever reward tank you're working toward to unlock anything new.

For example, right now I'm still poking at the T28 HTC missions. I have completed everything in the TD and HT missions with honors, but haven't finished LTs or SPGs, and my MT-15 still needs its secondary objectives. Since the T28 HTC missions are still incomplete, I can't do anything new for TDs or HTs. (What I did do was go back to the StuG IV missions and clean up a few secondary objectives that I didn't get the first time.)
Old 2015-09-22, 13:11   Link #13446
videoman190

PS4 announcement interview

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/09/...and-much-more/
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 18:52   Link #13447
The 48th Ronin
EISAI HARAMASUKOI

I'm having a hard time facing O-I heavies. Just too much of them.

GRAND SPONSOR NO TOKYO BAY, OH CHRISTMAS
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-23, 09:30   Link #13448
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
I'm having a hard time facing O-I heavies. Just too much of them.
Don't bother shooting at the front or rear unless you're aiming at the small gap between the hull and the tracks on either side on the front of the tank as the whole of the front has 150mm armour (that includes the small turrets in front) and the rear is around 100mm thick so you shouldn't bother if your average penetration is below that and the main turret is about as troll.

The sides have the thinnest armour on the tank, but you should make sure that you don't aim any shot into the track area since that is classed as spaced armour.

If you are having issues getting reliable hits, then you should look at some youtube videos by people like quickybaby who normally give advice on where you should shoot specific tanks.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 04:49   Link #13449
Pen3

Yeah the O-I is pretty OP because i played about 100 games solopub and still manage a 64% win before upgrading to the tier 7.

Anyways tonight was the first time the MM gave us 7v7 on Random Battle and i guess it means "Bed Time". Not a bad last game for the night though.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 07:30   Link #13450
The 48th Ronin
EISAI HARAMASUKOI

Hey guys, I just got Easy 8. I fitted it w/ rammer, v-stab and vents. Am I good with that?

Old 2015-10-03, 10:37   Link #13451
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Hey guys, I just got Easy 8. I fitted it w/ rammer, v-stab and vents. Am I good with that?
Replace vents with optics and you're good.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 03:30   Link #13452
Raviel

Does anyone have any tips for playing the Centurion Mk. 1? I've found that I'm usually at a loss about where to go on any map that is particularly flat like Ensk or Ruinberg, furthermore, on maps with ridges I can exploit....well on the asian server tanks tend to overcrowd those areas at times (i.e. Murovanka).
Old 2015-10-04, 17:15   Link #13453
Gravitas Free Zone

You can actually do a lot of support from the east side field in Ruinberg, particularly from the north spawn, where you have unobstructed shots down into the city center along with decent forward cover from the east-west road.

Ensk is trickier: Stay back from the front line and use your maneuverability to take shots from unexpected angles, while using whatever you can to hide your hull. This can include friendly tanks, but it's still better to keep away from the brawl. Any short-range map like this will necessitate paying a lot of attention to the composition of both teams and guessing where people will go; for example, the eastern field is definitely more Cent-friendly, but if the other team is full of fast mediums you'll want to keep back.
Old 2015-10-04, 21:53   Link #13454
Raviel

Thanks for tips, I guess I'll just stick to the rule of thumb to support where most of my team is going then immediately fall back if another flank/the base needs help.

EDIT: Does anyone here play from the Philippines and know if you can get gold by topping up MOL points through SMS via LoadCentral?

Last edited by Raviel; 2015-10-04 at 22:03.
Old 2015-10-04, 22:00   Link #13455
The 48th Ronin
EISAI HARAMASUKOI

One rule I always abide is if one side has a lot of tanks, go to the other.

Anyways, it's always hard to play TD in city maps. I always go to the high ground in that scenario.

Old 2015-10-06, 01:46   Link #13456
Pen3

This was my last game on O-Ni for 6th sense so i could retire it for next tier. Had to use more premium ammo than i wanted because the 3 heavies were capping and i couldn't afford to bounce any of them for reset. Not bad as the retirement game for O-Ni that also gave me the Ace Tanker badge.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 06:28   Link #13457
The 48th Ronin
EISAI HARAMASUKOI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Does anyone here play from the Philippines and know if you can get gold by topping up MOL points through SMS via LoadCentral?
Yes, it is possible. I bought some gold via MOL.

Old 2015-10-06, 08:42   Link #13458
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So played WoT for the first time in months today, and discovered that my Super Pershing is not only faster and more agile than I remember it being, its awesome armor is also back, managing to no-sell a 120mm shell from an M103.

On Flying: "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 18:40   Link #13459
Gravitas Free Zone

Changes to emblems and inscriptions in 9.10: Congratulations, WG, you are now officially greedy bastards.
Old 2015-10-17, 20:02   Link #13460
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
Changes to emblems and inscriptions in 9.10: Congratulations, WG, you are now officially greedy bastards.
With this, the unexpected delay of the Chieftain (to add it to a new heavy line to promote free XP), and the change of receiving credits instead of gold for premium tanks we already own, we might as well just move to Armored Warfare and stay there.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks