AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-24, 19:41   Link #241
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesti13nce View Post
I don't know why you guys are complaining about Kaz's little to no influnece in this arc.. If anything.. honestly.. this was more a chiffon arc/roxxy/charles arc. This arc is tough (to have animated I think) cause it REALLY sets up the next arc in the Manga series.
Let say that Kazuya is the secondary character here from now, until he gets decent role...
Explaining how important Kauzya will cause you a dillema, you will be spoiling or you wont be explain it without spoiling...
Well Freezing is not just about Kazuya..., there is many good other character with unique personality here.
Old 2013-12-24, 22:09   Link #242
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Well, let's just face it, as soon as it was shown that it was mostly buxom babes fighting eachother and constantly getting stripped down ala Ikkitousen, I highly doubt that many people started reading/watching it for the "plot", much less Kazuya and his supposed importance, lol.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 00:01   Link #243
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Freezing Vibration. A Let Down for this Season

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

ON-Topic
Season two ended. Although the last two episodes stayed true with the manga, the writers truly knew how to crash the entire season until the very end.

The last episode is nothing more than a farfetch'd imitation to the conclusion of what happened at the climax of the Alaska arc in the manga. Everything that went seemed so anti-climatic and senseless to me.
1. They greatly downplayed Amelia's hatred.
2. They didn't show Chiffons' memories of her early past, which were important since the manga explained in detail the origins of her personality and disposition to protect her friends.
3. If I recall correctly, many E-Pandoras survived or were healed by Chiffon's light in the manga, and not just Rattle and Amelia.
4. They greatly trimmed Elizabeth's decision to step down to become Student Council and leaving West Genetics, which also had a negative impact on Ticy in the manga.
5. The anime bookends a sort of happy conclusion for everyone after Chiffon sacrificed herself. Her last reunion with Ticy is not only a joke but fake IMO; Ticy was truly devastated in the manga learning about Chiffon's death.

And other numerous details amongst them the almost complete elimination of the Bali arc from the manga to the anime.

They really expected the audience to put forever on a suspension of disbelief mask and kept throwing at the spectators too much anti-climax with the character growing out of a sudden. Well, unlike the first season, the second one was a disastrous failure, and fanservice wasn't the thing to blame the writers for ruining it.
What I can truly praise the second season for was the soundtrack, as it drastically evolved from the previous season. To my standards sounded epic and had this sci-fi, Hollywood-esque flavor on it.

I'm five anime picked-up titles for the season down, and still the year has not finished.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 08:04   Link #244
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

heh.... series should have had more of this:

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 20:16   Link #245
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
localized planck fluctuations
gamma oscillations
calabi-yau incident
type-S waveform
singular-P exposure
photon generator
Seriously!? I can not believe what lame technobabble I was reading on my own personal photon generator (aka monitor)

I hate to admit it but the incest/abuse arc (despite my harsh criticism) was the best, the rest of the anime is not even worthy of commenting
Old 2014-01-23, 03:26   Link #246
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Looks like the BD set released in Japan has a drama CD included. Not sure what it's about.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 13:53   Link #247
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Any idea when Funi will get out a bluray set available for vibration? I got season one coming so I'm just anxious to get season two.
Old 2014-05-04, 14:01   Link #248
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Watched first episode of dub freezing. Not bad, though Chiffon's voice seems...off to me.
Old 2018-03-03, 00:23   Link #249
NyaZilla

Freezing DUB voices,

I would agree,

DUB's just don't do it for me, even the good ones are barely tolerable but that is probably my bias from preferring raw over dub to start with.
though i have learned just how difficult it is to not only do the job to start with.
Even then you need a good trans that keeps the intent and feeling, That in itself is not easy either I've seen.
NyaZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-06, 13:37   Link #250
uniemaia

sub'd to this thread
uniemaia is offline   Reply With Quote