Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2014-08-01, 10:00   Link #21
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yeah, you can’t really have a Digimon series without OP from Wada Kouji. In fact, the OP is one of three things I like about Savers (the other two are the ED & character design).
The problem is that we haven't heard from him in years since he went into hiding to treat his throat cancer. Where is he now anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Is it retcon? No idea I'm not a shipper of those two. I just don't like Yamato
Well people like antisocial and cold girls like Tsubasa from Symphogear (Shirabe not counted, it auto-triggers a lolicon flag) and Kaga from Kancolle, so maybe you can like Yamato if he is a girl?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 10:01   Link #22
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

After Adventure01 every following sequel of Digimon became worse and worse. That they go back to the first one is a very good thing. But I guess that Alternate Universe manga will never get adapted as anime (the one where Taichi was the protagonist, had a different digimon and adventured alone, if I remember correctly).

Anyway, I am glad about this... Digimon Adventure02 changed the protagonists, which annoyed me, but at least the old ones where still reoccuring characters, but when the Adventure series ended, I think they never appeard again... and new protagonists again and again... though I heard in one of the later Digimon series some of the first protagonists had cameo appearances?
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 10:13   Link #23
LKK

Personally I'd rather see a sequel to Tamers which was by far my favorite season. But I'll probably watch this out of curiosity although I don't remember season 1 nearly as well.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 10:27   Link #24
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
After Adventure01 every following sequel of Digimon became worse and worse.
They've only made two sequels. 02 and Young Hunters. Coincidentally my two least favorite installments of this franchise.

As for the old cast having cameos, yeah they showed up for a bit in Hunters... They contributed next to nothing to the story and were really only there for one fight before getting relegated to glorified power-ups for Tagiru, but yeah, Hunters had cameos from all the previous Digimon-series. All five (well, six, but Taiki was still part of the main cast in Hunters so he wasn't exactly a last-second cameo) main protagonists showed up, as well as a couple of the other characters here and there.

It was not as awesome as it sounds.
Old 2014-08-01, 10:27   Link #25
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I'm definitely excited about this news. Digimon Adventure, while far from perfect, was a show with a lot of heart and charm to it. There is lots of room in the story for the characters to return (and not just as side characters!) and I hope that Toei can give it a proper sequel that can entertain children while satisfying the young adults who grew up with the original anime.

Now if Hosoda Mamoru was involved with this, it would be awesome, but I'll just consider that a pipe dream for now.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 10:30   Link #26
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Personally I'd rather see a sequel to Tamers which was by far my favorite season. But I'll probably watch this out of curiosity although I don't remember season 1 nearly as well.
I thought the (bittersweet?) ending of Tamers is pretty good and don’t need a continuation/sequel. What it needs might be a time-skip epilogue like the Adventure series.

Oh, and I agree that, writing-wise, Tamers is my favorite, as expected from a script written by the writer of Serial Experiments Lain & Texhnolyze. I mean, seriously, whenever Chiaki Konaka took over the reign of a franchise, his entry ended up being the one with the most gripping story imo. One more example of his work in a big franchise that ended up being my favorite is Ultraman Gaia.
Old 2014-08-01, 10:36   Link #27
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If this has the original cast with the darkness of Tamer, then it would be the best case scenario
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 10:45   Link #28
wisteria233

I'm interested, in this. Not gonna lie, Digimon Adventure brought me into the Digimon franchise to begin with.

My only question is, what are they going to do about 02? The way how 02 ended didn't really leave much space, for any trouble to crop up back in the digital world, at least not without demeaning its end, and it doesn't really leave space for a continuation.

That plus the fact that neither the 02 characters or plots haven't been mentioned at all in the Digimon Adventure 15th anniversary makes me wonder if they're not gonna retcon 02 altogether. It would certainly make sense if they did, but I hope that they don't have the same director from Adventure, the last thing the reboot needs is for the series to have a director who gets sidetracked by shipping two characters together that he forgets to do his job. Then again the man hasn't directed a series since 2007, so he's not busy at all, but still he's been proven to be a mediocre director. So yeah...

Still wish that it was Tamers getting the sequel though.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 10:47   Link #29
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

There's still that whole "Sea of Darkness" sub-plot that gotten nowhere with Hikari in Zero-Two
Old 2014-08-01, 10:49   Link #30
cyberdemon

funny. I just watched digimon adventure 01 and 02 recently. Happy to hear about this. It would be a good chance to fix the mess that was the 02 finale. Even if they don't change the epilogue, it would be a good chance to develop things on how it got there and and fix other things like Takeru and Hikari.
Old 2014-08-01, 10:55   Link #31
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

We take a trip back to my childhood! Can't wait!
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 10:56   Link #32
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There's still that whole "Sea of Darkness" sub-plot that gotten nowhere with Hikari in Zero-Two
From what I heard that plot line was supposed to be explored but was thrown out last minute because the producer didn't like it. Also its a plot line created by 02 which they haven't given any mention to, that and the fact that they are touting this as the sequel to Adventure and not 02, makes me unsure.
Old 2014-08-01, 10:57   Link #33
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Still wish that it was Tamers getting the sequel though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Tamers had a very clean ending with the 2nd movie. It cleared up everything (and even had Ryo!) and aptly ended it with Ruki's yearning for her father, in his place which she had found real friends. Oh, and Yuuhi no Yakusoku is awesome.

Adventure and 02 had lots of timeskips in between. Bringing it back is indeed a very good idea to clear things up. And speaking of which, most of the VAs never had a bigger role outside of Digimon other than Junko Takeuchi (Gomamon), who later went on to play Naruto; Ai Maeda could possibly be counted as Chihiro from Persona 3/4, still that is a minor role.

Maybe they could finally link Ken and Ryo's presence in the Wonderswan games with that of between Adventure and Tamers universes.

Quote:
That was explained in the Wonderswan games I think. It had something to do with Milleniumon's Dark Seed.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-08-01, 11:06   Link #34
Somnus
Eh?

I have the biggest grin on my face right now. This is awesome.

I loved the Adventure series (and the Tamers one), so this news is amazing. Especially because this is a sequel that adds to it and not a remake/reboot. Can't wait, and I'll definitely watch.
Old 2014-08-01, 11:08   Link #35
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Wow...I am crying with tears of joy. My lovely childhood
Old 2014-08-01, 11:08   Link #36
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Tamers had a very clean ending with the 2nd movie. It cleared up everything (and even had Ryo!) and aptly ended it with Ruki's yearning for her father, in his place which she had found real friends. Oh, and Yuuhi no Yakusoku is awesome.

Adventure and 02 had lots of timeskips in between. Bringing it back is indeed a very good idea to clear things up. And speaking of which, most of the VAs never had a bigger role outside of Digimon other than Junko Takeuchi (Gomamon), who later went on to play Naruto; Ai Maeda could possibly be counted as Chihiro from Persona 3/4, still that is a minor role.

Maybe they could finally link Ken and Ryo's presence in the Wonderswan games with that of between Adventure and Tamers universes.
The second Tamers movie isn't canon. The staff outright said that, it had no place in the Tamers timeline and its characterization of Ruki was off. The movie was made by a completely different staff that didn't stay in contact with the writers of Tamers. Then they released a few drama CDs that butted it out from canon entirely.

02 only had two timeskips, between Adventure and 02, and between 02 and its epilogue. Also a lot of the plot holes in 02 (daemon corp, dark ocean) were really second and third half of 02, that was thrown out because the producer didn't like them. This is actually a part of an ongoing 15 anniversary bash for Adventure, and so far there has been no mention of 02, and the fact that they are advertising this as a sequel to specifically Digimon Adventure and not 02 is telling. So I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

At this point in time a complete reboot might be necessary, and they already got started on it with the Digimon Adventure PSP game.
Old 2014-08-01, 11:14   Link #37
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
From what I heard that plot line was supposed to be explored but was thrown out last minute because the producer didn't like it. Also its a plot line created by 02 which they haven't given any mention to, that and the fact that they are touting this as the sequel to Adventure and not 02, makes me unsure.
I heard the same as well... Still, if they wanted to they could resurrect that plot line from the grave.

Quote:

That was explained in the Wonderswan games I think. It had something to do with Milleniumon's Dark Seed.
Oh yeah, there's that as well... Ryo's connection to the Adventure kids...

(Man, I used to plan out fanfics with Moon=Millenniummon...)

Holy shit, could you imagine if they actually tried to link the two worlds and bring in the Tamers later on as a plot twist
Old 2014-08-01, 11:15   Link #38
abc0716

Quite a surprising news indeed. Will definitely watch it regardless how the new Digimon Adventure series will be, since 01 is one of my all-time favorites.

Going to rewatch 01 and 02, or even Tamers before the new series broadcasts, if possible...
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 11:16   Link #39
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
The second Tamers movie isn't canon. The staff outright said that, it had no place in the Tamers timeline and its characterization of Ruki was off. The movie was made by a completely different staff that didn't stay in contact with the writers of Tamers. Then they released a few drama CDs that butted it out from canon entirely.
I didn't know that. I thought the 2nd movie is pretty good, though it didn't really cut out Ruki as a tsundere she is in the original series.

Quote:
02 only had two timeskips, between Adventure and 02, and between 02 and its epilogue. Also a lot of the plot holes in 02 (daemon corp, dark ocean) were really second and third half of 02, that was thrown out because the producer didn't like them. This is actually a part of an ongoing 15 anniversary bash for Adventure, and so far there has been no mention of 02, and the fact that they are advertising this as a sequel to specifically Digimon Adventure and not 02 is telling. So I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

At this point in time a complete reboot might be necessary, and they already got started on it with the Digimon Adventure PSP game.
And so they did, though I wish the put effort into making another Digimon World 1 - I saw someone playing it on their Galaxy Note a couple of weeks ago despite the game being a decade or so old.

Choose night and get a lousy Betamon, and tear your hair out as it eats through your heal items until it digivolves into something better.

Quote:
Oh yeah, there's that as well... Ryo's connection to the Adventure kids...

(Man, I used to plan out fanfics with Moon=Millenniummon...)

Holy shit, could you imagine if they actually tried to link the two worlds and bring in the Tamers later on as a plot twist
They released Tamers with Ryo in it so they better clear that up! Would be interesting if he tries to make a move on Sora or Mimi and had Ruki execute a Justice Kick on him.....

And no, please no Ryo x Ken you dirty fujoshis out there.

Old 2014-08-01, 11:18   Link #40
wisteria233

Quote:
I heard the same as well... Still, if they wanted to they could resurrect that plot line from the grave.
If so then they'd need to get the info about the plans from the writers, and unfortunately many of the staff for Adventure and 02 don't work with Toei anymore, if at all.

Quote:
I didn't know that. I thought the 2nd movie is pretty good, though it didn't really cut out Ruki as a tsundere she is in the original series.
According to the staff, it was actually Ruki's relationship with her father that they got wrong. Apparently her absent father is not the reason for her behavior, she is supposed to have mommy issues, not daddy issues.

Quote:
And so they did, though I wish the put effort into making another Digimon World 1 - I saw someone playing it on their Galaxy Note a couple of weeks ago despite the game being a decade or so old.

Choose night and get a lousy Betamon, and tear your hair out as it eats through your heal items until it digivolves into something better.
Hey, I just wish they actually released the new Digimon videogames internationally. Apparently Re: Digitize and Digimon Adventure PSP were actually really good.

Tags
digimon