AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 26 [Finale] Rating
Perfect 10 14 18.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 6.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 9.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 17.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 22.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 6.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 4.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.67%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 9.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-11, 07:28   Link #141
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

To me Valkyria Chronicles has always been nothing more than an enjoyable anime. Nothing that would make me scream "wonderful" but still something that could hook me enough to give me some nice dose of entertainment.

I actually liked the development at the mid end portion of the anime and overall I liked Welkin's strategies. Isara's death was well done imho and managed to steal some tears from me.

The major flaw of this anime however was the ending. Absolutely preposterous clicheed and ridiculous.

Starting from the time Alicia was kidnapped, it went downhill. I mean it looks like there's a rule or something in the anime. No matter if you have enough destructive power to rival that of a nuclear bomb, if you are a girl you are deemed to be a damsel in distress.

Then it reached the bottom with the final fight. For some unknown unexplicable reasons, the enemy filled marmota became suddenly a desert place.

Maximilian made the number 1 mistake of every clicheed villain. Even though so far he relied on a vast army and powerful companions, in the end just for the end he decided to take on the enemies single handedly thus rising the heroes chance of victory from 0% to 50%. WHY?!

Spoiler for harry potter ending:

Old 2009-10-20, 00:11   Link #142
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

9/10

The epilogue couldve been better(preferably like the game...)

I also didnt like how they killed Faldio off and then everyone seemed to forgotten about him at the end.
Old 2009-10-23, 17:36   Link #143
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
9/10

The epilogue couldve been better(preferably like the game...)

I also didnt like how they killed Faldio off and then everyone seemed to forgotten about him at the end.
Fabio will forever live on in our hearts.

And hey, it took twenty six episodes but we finally got to see Marina snipe someone.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2009-10-28, 20:48   Link #144
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I finished the series a while ago, but I'm taking the time now to answer.

Not bad, but on the other hand I was expecting more from a series that started out really well. It seemed to me the ending was a bit rushed, and the fact that part of the plot was spoiled by the opening sequence was really stupid. But other than those two things, I really liked it overall. 8/10
Old 2010-11-24, 03:02   Link #145
BlankVoid

Send a message via AIM to BlankVoid Send a message via MSN to BlankVoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I finished the series a while ago, but I'm taking the time now to answer.

Not bad, but on the other hand I was expecting more from a series that started out really well. It seemed to me the ending was a bit rushed, and the fact that part of the plot was spoiled by the opening sequence was really stupid. But other than those two things, I really liked it overall. 8/10
Finally got around playing the game, and watching the anime. You pretty much summed it up right there. The game, was pretty boring, but the climax and the ending were many times better in the game than in the anime. I really was hoping to see that epilogue in the anime, too... ):

To be honest, there really should be more anime like this...not all those fanservice, harem, bullox that is literally plaguing the anime industry right now...
Old 2010-11-24, 09:07   Link #146
christinemarie
Crazy One

Open-ending is intended (this give them enough space for the upcoming sequels)... compared to the ending in the game which was already created a long time ago, they didn't know their game would be that too much popular.

I finally found the reason why they didn't include the 4-6 years after the events in Valkyria Chronicles at the end of the episode. It has something to do with Valkyria Chronicles 3, which they hesitated to do for Valkyria Chronicles 2 (2 years after the events in Valkyria Chronicles and 2 years and a few months after Valkyria Chronicles 3) (So, its like Squad7 is just on a vacation and will regroup once again to help VC3 protagonist.)

Valkyria Chronicles 3 OVA will come up soon next year.
Old 2010-11-25, 00:46   Link #147
BlankVoid

Send a message via AIM to BlankVoid Send a message via MSN to BlankVoid
I was almost 100% sure they would follow the same ending as the game...but I guess not many anime do the 'several years later' epilogue for the same reason you suggested. To give it closure would mean to waste the chance to milk the cash cow further...

Meh, I merely glimpsed at VC 2 and that was reason enough for me to not look at it again. Well, it was good while it lasted.
Old 2010-11-27, 21:22   Link #148
Snowman24

I'm still facepalming about how they spoiled a major point in the story with the 2nd opening that came out a few episodes before that major point was introduced. You know which one I'm talking about... what were they thinking when they added that to the opening.
Closed Thread