AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-ON! The Movie - Rating
Perfect 10 44 51.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 28.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-29, 01:08   Link #41
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
and will yui ever recharge her Azu-nyan battery since she is now in college and she cant visit Azusa-san every day?
She might have to use Mio as a pacifier until she can go back to Azusa and Ui....assuming Ui doesn't drag Azusa to Yui each day.
Old 2010-09-29, 01:40   Link #42
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
She might have to use Mio as a pacifier until she can go back to Azusa and Ui...
Hah... add that with Ritsu... scary thought. Just glad Sawako wouldn't be tagging along.
Old 2010-09-29, 01:59   Link #43
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

There's a bunch of things they can have in the movie: College years, getting found by a talent scout, side scenes of the New High School K-On. Moments in a recording studio. 20 or 30 tea times. Promo tours to tv and radio. Then the finale: Taking the Stage at Budakon !!! (after tea time, of course)
Old 2010-09-29, 02:41   Link #44
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I hope it's an OVA of K-ON playing on Budokan... after 2 years.
Old 2010-09-29, 03:48   Link #45
Recette

I hope they don't appear at Budokan if it's so recent after graduation.

It seems a bit silly that they'd appear there in their current state.

I'm keeping my expectations low, but slice-of-life movies can be pulled off pretty nicely if they work hard for it, like Taste of Tea.
Old 2010-09-29, 03:58   Link #46
Tri-ring

Well I can think up of a situation where they apply for a nation wide amateur band contest where the finals take place at Budokan.
Old 2010-09-29, 04:50   Link #47
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Or ... Ui joins LMC (light music club) ... turns into another band...and Yui ends up battling Ui in budokan with thier bands?
Old 2010-09-29, 04:56   Link #48
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Or ... Ui joins LMC (light music club) ... turns into another band...and Yui ends up battling Ui in budokan with thier bands?
Iie, iie, impossible. lol The girls are too nice to each other to have any antagonization at all in the canon universe (not counting the AOs).
Old 2010-09-29, 05:21   Link #49
Pachael
原作通り

Even a Sawako keionbu would be great to watch. Happy to put my trust in the production team having done a bang up job for !!
Old 2010-09-29, 05:31   Link #50
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
What the...

Colour me excited!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2010-09-29, 06:52   Link #51
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

I too haven't seen episode 26 yet... I was getting a bit sad when I realized 26 would be the last K-ON D: (well, until the next ova comes out). Then I go on the forums, BAM, movie thread. Made my day... Actually that was yesterday. Being reminded of it today, made my day also xD

I can't possibly imagine what the girls are gonna do for an hour and a half... A rockumentary would be cool although I don't think I'd want to see that. I'm hoping we get some amazing art in there just cause it's KyoAni...

Man, they're just plain evil. They made us cry when the girls had their final concert, when we witnessed episode 24, when the manga ended, and probably when the movie ends too.
Old 2010-09-29, 10:40   Link #52
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
KYOANI!! KYOANI!!! YOu guys are too smart for reading my THOUGHTS.!!!!!!!
I told you they are smart by planning on a movie. I knew KyoAni is money minded after all. KAKAKAKAKAKAK, K-ON gonna hit the japanese box office HARD! Real hard.
Old 2010-09-29, 10:51   Link #53
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEE View Post
KYOANI!! KYOANI!!! YOu guys are too smart for reading my THOUGHTS.!!!!!!!
I told you they are smart by planning on a movie. I knew KyoAni is money minded after all. KAKAKAKAKAKAK, K-ON gonna hit the japanese box office HARD! Real hard.
I can't really blame them. It's the most successful franchise they've done till date and the fans are still not satisfied, so they're throwing in all their cards and hope to win big in the end.

And when the movie proves to be a huge success, there's nothing from stopping this series from becoming legendary.
Old 2010-09-29, 10:56   Link #54
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
^ This series IS legendary, hence forth a movie about it! xD
Old 2010-09-29, 11:08   Link #55
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
That's why i'm gonna praise KyoAni for that. They are definitely making a smart move. Personally me as a fan would love to see the girls in the movie. And talk about animation and movie length....COOL!!! so gonna wait for it.

Meantime, waiting for the release of SN HAruhi's movie first.
Old 2010-09-29, 11:09   Link #56
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

i just hope i can see their college life even in one glance im happy!
Old 2010-09-29, 11:17   Link #57
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just bring it on!

Iam anticipating the musics they'll use here in the movie. Hope something nostalgic from s1.
Old 2010-09-29, 11:47   Link #58
Solafighter
Hige

A movie? Hum...

NICE!

Cant wait.
Old 2010-09-29, 11:50   Link #59
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well...with a movie budget they could actually animate a full concert (or at least match "God Knows" level animation) added with KyoAni's standard background artwork that is already at movie levels. The question though is what would it be about?

A simple rehash seems odd. A movie would require a plot of sorts, and there is rather little drama in K-ON. There are one or two chapters they skipped in the anime, but they have one more episode to cover those.

I can think of one piece of drama they've not done, but I hardly think they can make that a movie. Other options would be college stuff, Azusa's band, or perhaps just a standard story arc with a lot more on stage stuff...and the two or three songs we've not heard them play yet.

Or maybe a sequence of how or way they made the three ED music videos?
Old 2010-09-29, 12:20   Link #60
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well...with a movie budget they could actually animate a full concert (or at least match "God Knows" level animation) added with KyoAni's standard background artwork that is already at movie levels. The question though is what would it be about?

A simple rehash seems odd. A movie would require a plot of sorts, and there is rather little drama in K-ON. There are one or two chapters they skipped in the anime, but they have one more episode to cover those.

I can think of one piece of drama they've not done, but I hardly think they can make that a movie. Other options would be college stuff, Azusa's band, or perhaps just a standard story arc with a lot more on stage stuff...and the two or three songs we've not heard them play yet.

Or maybe a sequence of how or way they made the three ED music videos?
A college/post-college arc would create drama and provide a plot for a movie. Let's say that, in spite of their best intentions, the girls go their separate ways.

For example: Azusa got wrapped up in managing her keion-bu in her senior year. Let's say she forms a tighter bond with Ui, Jun, and whatever redshirt they find to fill that fourth spot (since, presumably, the work-ethic of Azusa's keion-bu would be much better than in HTT's day.) She goes on to a different school, maybe takes up playing in a different band, or something. Mugi ends up studying abroad for a year. In Finland, or something. Mio and Ritsu grow distant over a boy, or just because they pick vastly different majors, or some other reason. Yui decides JWU really isn't for her, drops out, packs up Gitah, and goes backpacking in Europe.

So the girls go their separate ways. They keep in touch, but this "HTT" thing is as dead as the dodo. Then they get together for some reason. Maybe Sawako finally gets married, or one of them attains legal drinking age . . . a lot of things could work. They get to reminiscing about old times, and one of them goes, "Hey, wouldn't it be great if . . . " and gradually convinces the others to pick up their instruments again, and try to get the old band back together.

For the film's climax, the girls could perform at some small concert space. They give it their all, feel the energy of the crowd, and decide that maybe this "HTT" thing is worth pursuing after all. The movie could close with the girls together again, looking over their old high-school scrapbook, and plotting how they're going to get to Budokan.

The credits roll, and the ending can be taken as putting a neat little bow on the franchise, or leaving things open for follow-up OVAs or series depicting them as professional musicians, working towards the goal of headlining a show at the Budokan.

Tags
comedy, slice of life