AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-01-03, 07:54   Link #41
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Tis deffinately a good thing. Tho I'll just continue to call it by it's description as I try to keep Japanese words out of my english sentances as much as possible, yet Absolute Territory sounds like the big attack the last boss of a Final Fantasy game would use.

I remember some dating sim from about 2002-2003 I played where the uniforms were like a mix between miko and the standard sailor style. It looked pretty cool.

I also tend to like school uniforms with a magician feel to them. Capelets and witch hats and such.

Maybe I just find the normal styles too boring.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 08:57   Link #42
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Absolute Territory sounds like the big attack the last boss of a Final Fantasy game would use.
Zettai ryouki (絶対領域) is also comedic reference to Evangelion's AT Field. If you look up the terminology, you'll notice that it bears some similarity... ^^
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 20:35   Link #43
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
Top five Seifukuu designs~

#5 AIR~ You can't say no to Misuzu.

#4 Muvluv~ KGnE design on caffeine.

#3 Mizuiro~ Ribbon moe~ >.<

#2 _Summer~ Absolutely love the split skirt design and lacing.

Spoiler for Seifukuu design #1:
#5: Yes, Misuzu is very cute indeed!
#4: Nice one - love the panchira!
#3: Also nice, but not quite as much as the previous...
#2: Looks great indeed!
#1: fully agree on this as #1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Yes, the kanji for zettai-ryouiki is 絶対領域
やった! 私の日本語はいいですか。私は日本語の大学生です。もしも私は誤りましてならば、直して下さい。ありがとう ございます。

Quote:
I am trying to perpetuate the English transliteration "absolute territory," but you can feel free to use zettai-ryouiki if that sounds much more "cooler."

I wrote a post about it before the forum crashed, so I try my best to recall what I wrote:

"Absolute territory" is the section of the skin that is exposed between the mini-skirt and the overknee socks. The ideal ratio should be 4:1:2.5 (length of mini-skirt : absolute territory : length of overknee socks above the knee).
はい。それは かっこいいですね。

Quote:
A character that is equipped with such weapon can annihilate vast amounts of brain cells, which can amount to an intense moe~ness that is so destructive that one can overcome one's AT field in less than 0.03 seconds.
そうですね。とても危ないです。

Quote:
Many consider Mayura-tan as a prime example of a destructive absolute territory:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/kj1980/mayura.jpg
いいえ、あまりもえないです。
・それはあまり若いです。
・黒い靴下は好きないです。
(is there a specific Japanese name for overknee socks?)
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 23:28   Link #44
ReCCaThEDraGoN

All are very nice; however i'm partia; top Kaname

ReCCaThEDraGoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 03:09   Link #45
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
やった! 私の日本語はいいですか。私は日本語の大学生です。もしも私は誤りましてならば、直して下さい。ありがとう ございます。
Yes, your Japanese is very good.

x もしも私は誤りましてならば、直して下さい。
o もしも私の日本語に誤りがありましたら、(勝手に)修正して下さい。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
いいえ、あまりもえないです。
・それはあまり若いです。
・黒い靴下は好きないです。
(is there a specific Japanese name for overknee socks?)
もえ=萌え

I assume you want to say "She is way too young"
x それはあまり若いです。
o 彼女はあまりにも幼すぎです。

To which I say, だから萌えるんだよっ!!

overknee socks = オーバーニーソックス
or it is more commonly abbreviated as ニーソ (knee-so)

So, 黒い靴下は好きないです would become, 黒いニーソって個人的にはあまり好きじゃないんだよね~。
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 03:17   Link #46
LytHka
Banned

An off-topic question for kj1980: There are some people who claim that moe comes from moeru (to burn). Do those people use 燃え instead of 萌え (from 萌える - to sprout) on message boards and so on as a protest to the other usage?
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 04:38   Link #47
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
Quote:
Yes, the kanji for zettai-ryouiki is 絶対領域

I am trying to perpetuate the English transliteration "absolute territory," but you can feel free to use zettai-ryouiki if that sounds much more "cooler."

:

I noticed that the girl's peculiar hat bears the Jewish emblem Star of David. I don't remember Japanese schoolgirl uniforms having Jewish emblems.
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 07:00   Link #48
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

In her case, it's a denotion of a mystical side, correct? Don't worry too much about stuff like that. The general rule of thumb is "if it looks good, do it."
Old 2006-01-04, 09:30   Link #49
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

I don't want to sound mean-spirited but, while I'm sure we all like the Japanese language, this is an English forum and we ask you use English when replying to other people's posts. Please keep the Japanese language questions and responses to the language threads in General Chat. The odd phrase here and there is fine but if most people can't understand a post because you're not using English your post is off topic and might be removed...
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 17:29   Link #50
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Yes, your Japanese is very good.
ありがとうごやいます!

Quote:
x もしも私は誤りましてならば、直して下さい。
o もしも私の日本語に誤りがありましたら、(勝手に)修正して下さい。
そうですか... I first thought I'd write it that way, but then I reconsidered

Quote:
もえ=萌え

I assume you want to say "She is way too young"
x それはあまり若いです。
o 彼女はあまりにも幼すぎです。

To which I say, だから萌えるんだよっ!!
I just wanted to say, "she's too young" (without the "way"). Give 2-3 years, and she might be ok. I'm just not that hot for pre-teen girls

Quote:
overknee socks = オーバーニーソックス
or it is more commonly abbreviated as ニーソ (knee-so)

So, 黒い靴下は好きないです would become, 黒いニーソって個人的にはあまり好きじゃないんだよね~。
So there's just this japanized English term for it? Ok... I thought there might be a Japnese word for it (possibly a combo with 靴下).
Old 2006-01-04, 21:36   Link #51
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
An off-topic question for kj1980: There are some people who claim that moe comes from moeru (to burn). Do those people use 燃え instead of 萌え (from 萌える - to sprout) on message boards and so on as a protest to the other usage?
I don't get what that is getting to, but we do differentiate between 燃え and 萌え. A good example of an anime that is both 燃え and 萌え is "Mai-HiME/Mai-Otome." You have moe (燃え) battle sequences that kicks-ass, whereas you have moe~ (萌え~) characters that itches at your heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelok
I noticed that the girl's peculiar hat bears the Jewish emblem Star of David. I don't remember Japanese schoolgirl uniforms having Jewish emblems.
Religion doesn't play a major role here. If it looks good, people use it. On the other end, we have cosplayers that dress up as Nazi officers. Are they Nazis? No. They just do so because it looks cool.

As someone said, don't give it much thought. It is used because it looks cool. There is nothing behind it.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 15:11   Link #52
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
I don't get what that is getting to, but we do differentiate between 燃え and 萌え. A good example of an anime that is both 燃え and 萌え is "Mai-HiME/Mai-Otome." You have moe (燃え) battle sequences that kicks-ass, whereas you have moe~ (萌え~) characters that itches at your heart.
あぁぁ。面白いですね。 So you have to differ these two types of moe.

Quote:
Religion doesn't play a major role here. If it looks good, people use it. On the other end, we have cosplayers that dress up as Nazi officers. Are they Nazis? No. They just do so because it looks cool.

As someone said, don't give it much thought. It is used because it looks cool. There is nothing behind it.
Yes, that's my experience as well. Recently, I've seen many Japanese girls wearing cross pendants or other fashion items involving crosses. Now this certainly doesn't mean the suddenly became Christians (heavens no!), I'm sure they don't know the tiniest thing about it (which is a *good* thing), they just wear it because its fashionable.
Likewise with these military otaku wearing Nazi uniforms. I was shocked at first when I saw that, but they only wear it because they think it looks good, not because they like Nazis.
Old 2006-01-05, 19:06   Link #53
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
http://ningen.nattoli.net/downloads/...ma_01-1024.jpg I love the simple look or anything with black in it i like scarfs it makes the girls seem really elegant

Misuzu is adorable uniform matchers her personality

all the girls from My Hime and MY Otome have really cute uniforms

Last edited by NightWish; 2006-01-07 at 06:35. Reason: Posts Merged -- Please use the edit button...
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 07:45   Link #54
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

One uniform I've just remembered that I absolutely loved to bits is the Stellvia acadamy uniform from the anime of the same name. Shima looks absolutely adorable wearing that
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 08:21   Link #55
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I prefered Ultima Foundation's uniforms, or whatever that place was called. The darker ones. But still, either is pretty cute.

I tried to convince an ex (still friends) of mine to cosplay that once and her refusal reasons were numerous and hilarious Mostly involving the super short skirt.
Old 2006-01-06, 14:34   Link #56
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Ah yeah, Rinna looked super cute in the Ultima uniform, but I was personally more fond of the colours of Stellvia's

And I'd love to find a girl (girlfriend) who was into cosplay. Damn that'd be fun
Old 2006-01-07, 01:16   Link #57
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Actually, it doesn't count because it's a game but the horribly named "Yogurting" (I swear that's the worst name EVAR) has some really interresting innovations on uniform design. This link should go straight there.
http://www.yogurting.jp/data/uniform/index.html
Old 2006-01-07, 11:07   Link #58
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Oh, while I remember. Dragonfly, if you like magical uniforms and the like, do a search for Majokko a la mode. It's an h-game with witches as the focus, and damn the witch uniform is the cutest and sexiest I've seen in a long time Especially on Ellene (the blond character).

And those Yogurting (yes, damn silly name I agree) uniforms are really nice. The fourth one looks like Yuna from FF10.
Old 2006-01-07, 13:57   Link #59
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
how about Kannazuki No Miko, they also look pretty

my favs

- Air
- Kannazuki No Miko

trying to find a good scan

-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 13:57   Link #60
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm not going to say it's my favorite, but the uniform for the manga of Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ is the only one where I've noticed a specific credit given for the designer of the uniform (COSPA):

The uniforms appear to be same in the anime.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote