AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-17, 22:50   Link #601
mr.muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
For Kasuga I meant none other than Kasuga Ayumu. The connection occured when I looked at the name in Kanji btw.
Are their names similar in kanji? That's interesting. Character-wise their completely different tho. Although both of them are quirky.
mr.muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 02:53   Link #602
Alu
Guide my hand...

Well... everywhere I looked I saw nothing but "Haruhi" avi's and sig's.., at the time I didn't even know what anime they where from, or who she even was..

So.., I asked in a post and then I was directed here thanks to Fict ficious (thanks)
Needless to say I started reading the posts..., and honestly at first I couldn't have heads or tails out of this anime..

Even so.., given the tremendous amount of "Haruhiism" worshipers arround I decided to give it a shot and download the first episode...
After I saw it I thought to myself..., no.. its just too stupid to be true (this in a good way though)..., its just Too stupid !

All and all, everything then made sence in what related to the forum posts...
It realy seems to be a amazing comedy this series.., I'm taking a guess into putting it more or less like Excel Saga (but not as much chaos)

Either way I am downloading the 2nd episode as we speak..; and I understand now how many people have converted to the Karuhiism
So.. I think i'm going to follow this serie, thus count me into the cult aswell.

If anyone who hasn't seen this yet and is looking for a few laughts.., download the first 2 episodes, they are realy worth it
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 06:44   Link #603
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
Well... everywhere I looked I saw nothing but "Haruhi" avi's and sig's.., at the time I didn't even know what anime they where from, or who she even was..

So.., I asked in a post and then I was directed here thanks to Fict ficious (thanks)
Needless to say I started reading the posts..., and honestly at first I couldn't have heads or tails out of this anime..

Even so.., given the tremendous amount of "Haruhiism" worshipers arround I decided to give it a shot and download the first episode...
After I saw it I thought to myself..., no.. its just too stupid to be true (this in a good way though)..., its just Too stupid !

All and all, everything then made sence in what related to the forum posts...
It realy seems to be a amazing comedy this series.., I'm taking a guess into putting it more or less like Excel Saga (but not as much chaos)

Either way I am downloading the 2nd episode as we speak..; and I understand now how many people have converted to the Karuhiism
So.. I think i'm going to follow this serie, thus count me into the cult aswell.

If anyone who hasn't seen this yet and is looking for a few laughts.., download the first 2 episodes, they are realy worth it
I'm glad you like it, but unfortuntely it not really like Excel Saga, i don't want to spoil anythin, but it does have a serious plot to the whole thing, so you could say, its chao with a purpose. or is that an oxymoron?

no wait its haruhiism.
Old 2006-04-18, 07:02   Link #604
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

hey, can someone help me verify if Mikuru has special powers? such as t he laser in the left eye? im have a debate as there are peopel that says she does not have any pwoers except a device for time traveland the laser eye accident in the first episode was just "movie effects" and there fore does not deserve mention in the wiki. thus they won't put it in. some one help me please. if im wrong ,so be it, but i want some proof.
Old 2006-04-18, 09:01   Link #605
mp3chan
Junior, I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugZilla
I think they are called field markers or something.
Thanks for the info. Now I know how to do what Haruhi did to her former school. Maybe I should do the same thing to my school
mp3chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 09:07   Link #606
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
hey, can someone help me verify if Mikuru has special powers? such as t he laser in the left eye? im have a debate as there are peopel that says she does not have any pwoers except a device for time traveland the laser eye accident in the first episode was just "movie effects" and there fore does not deserve mention in the wiki. thus they won't put it in. some one help me please. if im wrong ,so be it, but i want some proof.
Spoiler for Laser eye:
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 16:10   Link #607
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

I see, well then in that case. I'm in error.

Slugzilla thank you for your help, at leased your reply, was something I could understand and was far more civil, then what i experienced on the Suzumiya Haruhi Wiki artcile discussion page:

Quote:
>"I can see why you would think Mikuru has no powers, i mean she can shoot out the camera with her eye"
Riiiiiiiight.
And just when did she shoot out the camera? Oh, right, never. That bit where the screen went black? That's Yuki's hand covering the lens.
Look, I already quoted the damned book on the subject. Once again. 涼宮ハルヒの溜息, pages 141-142. 「これは朝比奈さんに元から備わっていた機能なのでしょうか?」「ない」「これは涼宮さんの仕業ですね。彼 女がミクルビームがあって欲しいと思ったから、現実がそのように変化したと、そういうことです 」「そう」. It's also clearly stated (several times, even?) that Mikuru is a normal human with no powers at all. I'm pretty sure that the books are a better source of information on this than some random person who hasn't even read them.

Omgwtflolz 15:03, 18 April 2006 (UTC)
Not very nice at all

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2006-04-18 at 16:36.
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 17:21   Link #608
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
I see, well then in that case. I'm in error.

Slugzilla thank you for your help, at leased your reply, was something I could understand and was far more civil, then what i experienced on the Suzumiya Haruhi Wiki artcile discussion page:

Quote:
>"I can see why you would think Mikuru has no powers, i mean she can shoot out the camera with her eye"
Riiiiiiiight.
And just when did she shoot out the camera? Oh, right, never. That bit where the screen went black? That's Yuki's hand covering the lens.
Look, I already quoted the damned book on the subject. Once again. 涼宮ハルヒの溜息, pages 141-142. 「これは朝比奈さんに元から備わっていた機能なのでしょうか?」「ない」「これは涼宮さんの仕業ですね。彼 女がミクルビームがあって欲しいと思ったから、現実がそのように変化したと、そういうことです 」「そう」. It's also clearly stated (several times, even?) that Mikuru is a normal human with no powers at all. I'm pretty sure that the books are a better source of information on this than some random person who hasn't even read them.

Omgwtflolz 15:03, 18 April 2006 (UTC)
Not very nice at all
Actually,
Spoiler:
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 17:30   Link #609
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Actually,
Spoiler:
Hmmm... That lends some credence to what I've been thinking. Elsewhere in this forum someone suggested that the adult lady shown in the OP might have been Haruhi's mother (although there was zero evidence to support that notion).

Spoiler for Sushi-Y's post:

Although... I'm curious Sushi-Y... your last post seems to directly contridict a post made by Thelastguardian over in the "Episode 3 Discussion / Poll" thread, which seems to be an ongoing discussion you two were having. I can provide additional links if necessary, but the conversation seems to stretch across page 2/3 of that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
Spoiler for very heavy, novel oriented:
So... err... I might have missed something in all the spoiler's on that page. I'll go back and reread them again, and apologize right now if I'm missing something. But isn't Thelastguardian's point there entirely nullified if Mikuru is a "normal human with no powers at all" and

Spoiler:

//EDIT: Gah... tons of edit's... apologies to anyone who was unfortunate enough to read this while I was trying to clean up my thoughts T_T

Also... can anyone translate omgwtflolz's japanese quote's from the novel that he transcribed into the wiki? I'm assuming knowing the exact lines from the novels will clear up at least a little bit of the confusion... or just the gist of what he's quoting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtflolz from the wiki
Ultimately I think we'll get all our answers by the end of the anime... but I'm sorta curious ^_^

Last edited by Adigard; 2006-04-18 at 18:00.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 18:10   Link #610
Calca
Expressionless

Kyon's thoughts and actions as he witnesses all of this is what makes this show.

It's just like any of us if we were to step into an anime since we question a lot of ridiculous aspects that go unquestioned in anime (IE why does Sailor Moon and Usagi look alike yet no one notices?)
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 18:31   Link #611
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

lol.
the law of anime my friend the law of anime. And i won't be surprised if kyon was in sailor moon, he would of gone:

"are you people blind?! Can't you see Usagi IS Sailor Moon???!?!?!"

lololol.

Adigard, i too would of like to know what omgwtflolz quotes mean, alternatively it would of been better if he translated it himself but apparently that is beneath him as an Expert of Haruhiism since he can read Japanese.

I wonder if he's from 2ch?
Old 2006-04-18, 18:52   Link #612
Seyluun

I'm beginning to wish I discovered this anime only after it was finished. Waiting a week for only 22 minutes is Mikuru-level abuse.
Seyluun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 18:58   Link #613
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(I am glad that you didn't need to go through Figure 17. That was wait 1 month for 1hr. That wait was truly painful.)
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 19:03   Link #614
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

eh. you call that painful?

I had to wait approx 6-8months for 40mins for Topo wo Narae 2, for just one episode.

that was almost worse then no sexual gratification for four weeks in a row. almost.
T-T
Old 2006-04-18, 19:05   Link #615
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(there is 1 other wait... year... after year... after year... I've been waiting for the Duke... for the taste of lame 1-liners... for the king to return... sigh...)
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 19:14   Link #616
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

ok. you win.

may haruhi have mercy on your soul.

lets get back on topic, concerning haruhi, can we conclude that she actually listens to kyon?

I mean i might be strecthing on a limb here, but why does she listen to him? why does she pay attenion to him? why him, a NORMAL human? something Haruhi is always forever against?

It's a real mystery.

While people say and within the known animation and novel that has been read so far I ( been lead to believe by people who have read the novel) that he has no powers.

but perhaps the lack of power, is an advantage in it self?

hmmmm....

*wish he was kyon to be near Haruhi, yuki and Mikuru*

Old 2006-04-18, 19:33   Link #617
eVaX
Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to eVaX
Waiting for both figure 17 and gunbuster 2 was not even half as painful as waiting a week for the next episode of Haruhi. I don't think I've ever been so enamored over any anime as to stay up till 5 am searching desperately for the next raw.

... Christ, I'm in love with an anime character. Like obsessive/complusive love.
eVaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 19:46   Link #618
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVaX
Waiting for both figure 17 and gunbuster 2 was not even half as painful as waiting a week for the next episode of Haruhi. I don't think I've ever been so enamored over any anime as to stay up till 5 am searching desperately for the next raw.

... Christ, I'm in love with an anime character. Like obsessive/complusive love.
Join the club

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 19:50   Link #619
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
Join the club
Speaking of the club, how's that workin' out?
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 19:58   Link #620
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirobane
Speaking of the club, how's that workin' out?

you tell me, i just downloaded the fansub after watching the raw three times already.

now i've just watched the fansub, now im in pain alll over again.

I WANT HARUHI!

dissentation be dammned! I can always repeat a year! (....again x 2.... *hide from parents*)

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen