AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-13, 10:00   Link #1341
Dextro
He Without a Title

I actually don't recall where I read that the IR Blaster would be a separate purchase so I'll add the caveat that I may be wrong on that fact but both The Verge and Eurogamer have pretty extensive writeups about the XBox One covering the TV functionality written back when Microsoft made the original announcement in May.

The Verge

Eurogamer
Old 2013-06-13, 10:38   Link #1342
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Remember how Spencer forgot to switch off his mike off stage? Someone noticed what he said after he announced the prices for the MS console: from 0.33 sec.
"I thought they'd be happy about the new price".

That's right; the MS console was actually meant to be MORE expensive, the $499 was the discounted price.
Old 2013-06-13, 11:17   Link #1343
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Remember how Spencer forgot to switch off his mike off stage? Someone noticed what he said after he announced the prices for the MS console: from 0.33 sec.
"I thought they'd be happy about the new price".

That's right; the MS console was actually meant to be MORE expensive, the $499 was the discounted price.
Eh... I'm not so sure about the accuracy of that.

I heard : I thought they took out the UK price, which made sense since he stuttered when he talked about the UK pricing.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 14:22   Link #1344
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I'm not going to lie, this made me laugh.

If Sony doesn't follow through with their supposed plans to be DRM-free, I will be very surprised.
Old 2013-06-13, 14:27   Link #1345
defki

That video has almost 11 million views in 2 days.

If Sony backtracks on their DRM stance there will be a bigger backlash than the one MS received.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 14:33   Link #1346
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
That video has almost 11 million views in 2 days.

If Sony backtracks on their DRM stance there will be a bigger backlash than the one MS received.
I highly doubt they will at this point. Given that Sony actually seems to have situational awareness of what gamers actually want, it would be silly of them to pass up a perfectly good opportunity to bury the competition.

Not that I promote monopolies, but if Microsoft is going to shoot themselves in the foot despite so much negative feedback, I don't see what more we can do except "vote with our wallets", as AngryJoe likes to put it. Hopefully this will spur Microsoft to pull its collective head out of its collective ass.

I've been an XBOX gamer for almost 8 years now, but I see no reason to stay loyal to a company that doesn't stay loyal to its customers.
Old 2013-06-13, 18:14   Link #1347
takai
Easy Muffin

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...any-ten-people

Now THIS is interesting. If they go by these rules it will absolutely make up for the DRM thing. Sharing games with a friend of mine in Chicago this easily is insane. I'm eager to hear more news about this.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 18:28   Link #1348
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
It'll be left up to the publishers to decide if they want to enable those features.

None will do so.
Old 2013-06-13, 18:39   Link #1349
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It'll be left up to the publishers to decide if they want to enable those features.

None will do so.
It might possibly be limited to certain games.
Old 2013-06-13, 19:00   Link #1350
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

It's interesting, yet the same time, they cannot put themselves in a position to explicitly push the benefits of that feature.

Publishers would rather have the used-game market than risk 60-80% of their revenue 'lost' by legal 10-friend sharing.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2013-06-13, 19:29   Link #1351
takai
Easy Muffin

Old 2013-06-13, 19:31   Link #1352
Slayerx

Ah just had the most brilliant thought.
Killer instint is being made not by rare, but by double helix games; Sunset overdrive is an exclusive for Xbox one, Its published by MS and developed by insomniac; this move means insomniac is willing to make exclusive games for MS. What does this all mean? MS actually COULD and seems like they should be willing, to ask insomniac to make a banjo Kazooie game. As the makers of Rachet and Clank i have no doubt in my mind that Insomniac probably could create a great Banjo Kazooie game. Now if only MS has the imagination to do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post

Now THIS is interesting. If they go by these rules it will absolutely make up for the DRM thing. Sharing games with a friend of mine in Chicago this easily is insane. I'm eager to hear more news about this.
Yes this is a nice feature... share they couldn't give us the benefit without the DRM. It would be simple too. Just require that the home console needs to use the disk to play the game. The family cloud gamers don't need the disk, but the main console the game is install on would. This would eliminate the possibility of trying to install the game on more than one system using the same disk, thus eliminate the need to have the 24 hour check-in, and thus allow you to play offline all you want. Really simply requiring someone to have the disk for the game they bought a physical copy of, is the simpliest, most piratical, and least restrictive form of DRM. All of the benefit, NONE of the Bullshit.

But ofcourse, the real reason that 24 hour check in exists is for MS's benefit so that they can better control the used game market and control how you share your games.
Old 2013-06-13, 21:53   Link #1353
takai
Easy Muffin

A lot of people could benefit from this feature.

Old 2013-06-13, 21:59   Link #1354
GDB

And where's the pop-up that says "The publisher has disabled this feature." on your lower picture? Because I'm sure that's going to pop up more than it doesn't.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 22:05   Link #1355
takai
Easy Muffin

We'll wait and see. I'm however, going to stay optimistic. This would save me a lot of money in the long run.
Old 2013-06-13, 22:13   Link #1356
GDB

Quote:
This would save me a lot of money in the long run.
And that's why it won't likely happen.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 22:14   Link #1357
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

PSN did game sharing first. With 5 people.

It got cut to 2.

I wonder why...

Old 2013-06-13, 22:16   Link #1358
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
And that's why it won't likely happen.
Microsoft has already announced it, so it's going to regardless.
Old 2013-06-13, 22:19   Link #1359
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Spoiler:
If this is true, it can't even be call sharing anymore. The "family" member pretty owns it. Seems too good to be true.

There must be a catch that Microsoft isn't revealing. Taking the policy above and the comments at face value, I don't see how games sales would not go down when people can just leech off a friend's shared game library instead of buying a new copy of a game.

Last edited by Sassarai; 2013-06-13 at 22:54.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 22:25   Link #1360
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Microsoft has already announced it, so it's going to regardless.
Fine print is important when it comes to these things.

Publisher opt-in?
10 or 'up to 10'?
Commitment that it'll stay that way.

These features already existed for PSP and PS3, but it was dumbed down within a few years.