AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-18, 01:38   Link #1461
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
As always Freeza is an outstanding monster. The final form is definitely the best of them all. Would be hilarious if the third form was the last since it was the one I could never take that seriously. Really is something when he gets to that level of power and then just takes down Dende in a flash. Nice music for the attempt for the three to take on Freeza. Of course they wouldn't have a chance.
Old 2010-01-18, 05:45   Link #1462
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Like that we hear the full version of Freeza's song during the scene where the three try to fight Freeza (which wasn't very smart, though it's better then doing nothing :3). It's a really good piece.

Only two weeks away until we see my favorite scene in the saga, though before that next weeks episode will be a visual treat.
Old 2010-01-18, 07:34   Link #1463
Vicious108

Bad news.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ly-passes-away

He was already voicing Enma, Gyuumao and Porunga in Kai, and would likely have been recast as Mr. Satan too.

Truly a loss for voice acting. RIP.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 10:57   Link #1464
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Freeza transformed to his final stage and Dende died...wonder when Goku will be fully recovered. And RIP Hercule's VA.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 13:01   Link #1465
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Like that we hear the full version of Freeza's song during the scene where the three try to fight Freeza (which wasn't very smart, though it's better then doing nothing :3). It's a really good piece.

Only two weeks away until we see my favorite scene in the saga, though before that next weeks episode will be a visual treat.
Yeah probably not a great idea, but really they were out of options. It was a wild charge or standing there waiting for him to just pick them off one by one. Little you can do in a hopeless situation like that.

Sad news about the VA.
Old 2010-01-18, 13:04   Link #1466
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I can't believe Daisuke Gouri is gone. It really saddens me to have to accept this. The man was an icon in the world of voice acting. My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.

R.I.P. Daisuke Gouri. You will be greatly missed and never forgotten in the hearts of your fans.
Old 2010-01-18, 13:45   Link #1467
rpgman1

No, why did the VA passed away? Now will never know who will replace him (if there is a replacement) for his roles in DB Kai. The series will continue on though and hope the Freeza Saga will end with a bang.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 15:08   Link #1468
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Rest in peace, Daisuke Gouri.

Well I've finally caught up to the latest episode after missing a month's worth of Kai due to my vacation. I've been blown away by the amazing pacing that Kai has provided for us and I love how action packed each episode has been thus far. Of course, every episode from now on will be exciting to watch since it's non-stop action until the end of this saga. I feel nostalgic just remembering about how surprised I was at the amount of transformations Freiza had and his seemingly unlimited power. Good times, good times

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 14:40   Link #1469
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Yup, definitely a great choice of music there. The song really underlines just how utterly f***ed Gohan and the others are at the moment.
Though I do think the rest of the episode was kinda dragged out. I'm pretty sure Freeza's transformation took up like, half the episode, which is just a bit too much, if you ask me. Of course, it's nothing compared to Z and its 32-episode-long Freeza-fight, but it still took way longer than necessary.
Old 2010-01-19, 18:21   Link #1470
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Though I do think the rest of the episode was kinda dragged out. I'm pretty sure Freeza's transformation took up like, half the episode, which is just a bit too much, if you ask me. Of course, it's nothing compared to Z and its 32-episode-long Freeza-fight, but it still took way longer than necessary.
In a way i'm glad, because if the episode wasn't dragged out, then this weeks episode would have had to end during Vegeta's attack on Freeza, and that just wouldn't work. There's plenty of material left for that, along with Goku's return in the next episode. It's a good decision.
Old 2010-01-20, 13:42   Link #1471
DeX-kun

Quote:
In a way i'm glad, because if the episode wasn't dragged out, then this weeks episode would have had to end during Vegeta's attack on Freeza, and that just wouldn't work. There's plenty of material left for that, along with Goku's return in the next episode. It's a good decision.
True and it also shows that they're actually putting effort into making this remake just as great as the original. They aren't just half-assing it, and I for one appreciate it. I'm enjoying every episode, it's a great experience.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-01-22, 00:34   Link #1472
Alchemist007
*Author

I was watching some dbz again (orange box remasters) and I decided to compare some scenes to kai. It seems that even though the orange sets added 5% to the sides for the widescreen effect and cut 10% from the top and bottom, Kai seems to fluctuate in these numbers. Some shots there's more cut, in some there's less (in comparison to orange sets). As for colors I find myself also a bit confounded, in some scenes there's a bit too much saturation in the orange sets, but for explosions and such I very much prefer them.

Pics!
Spoiler:

In the end I can't say I prefer one over the other. But I think I'd buy Kai to add to my collection simply for the additional re-dub.
Old 2010-01-24, 01:42   Link #1473
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

I think all the Vegeta fans will be happy with 41; he even gets his own song!

And 42 answers some questions...
Spoiler for 42 preview:

Can't wait.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 01:45   Link #1474
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post

And 42 answers some questions...
Spoiler for 42 preview:

Can't wait.
There it is, episode 42 is going to be one hell of an epic episode. I can't wait for it now, as sad as it's going to be.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-01-24, 04:47   Link #1475
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

yeah i knew it would appear in episode 42, though a bit shocked to see the scene in the preview.
Old 2010-01-24, 05:48   Link #1476
Vicious108

It doesn't surprise me anymore. They always show the most important parts of the following episode in the preview.

Anyways, episode 42 could easily become my favorite in Kai, so hope they pick some good BGM for it.

Though of course there's still 41 before that, which I also can't wait to see, especially after Shiosai's post.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 15:50   Link #1477
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
There's a new song for Goku's appearance too, and it's pretty awesome!

Can't wait for episode 42, it's gonna be epic!!
Old 2010-01-24, 16:03   Link #1478
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Hopefully there will be a new piece of music used for Vegeta's death. It certainly deserves one.
Old 2010-01-24, 16:11   Link #1479
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Hopefully there will be a new piece of music used for Vegeta's death. It certainly deserves one.
Can't agree enough. I'm more worried about the tone that the certain musical piece will give off, I have faith that they'll do it justice though.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-01-24, 16:15   Link #1480
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they use the scene that's been used for a few past death scenes, but yeah i want to be blown away with a new piece of music, and i know it can be done. /me fingers crossed