AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-29, 08:37   Link #61
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

What if that one legged doll is Fujitora!? Or that doll that served them at the bar!? Or that guy that tried to scam the blind guy!? Or the fairies that stole Zoro's sword!? Or that one guy that Lucy just KOed!?

OMG!!!! WHAT IF LUCY IS FUJITORA!?
Old 2013-03-29, 10:33   Link #62
Blackbeard D. Kuma

There's also been some speculation roaming around that the blind old man is the 7th shichibukai. I really don't think that's the case however because he seems too honourable to be the despicable and cowardly pirate the shichibukai supposedly is.
Old 2013-03-29, 10:40   Link #63
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Master Roshi, is that you?
its like the budokai when they tought that jackie choun was an old geezer and also kurilin for is little size toward the giant
Old 2013-03-29, 11:02   Link #64
Blackbeard D. Kuma

It would be interesting if one of the Whitebeard pirates and/or Blackbeard pirates entered this tournament. I'm getting the impression that Luffy is going to stomp a lot of the competition, so we need some worthy adversaries besides the Donquixote family.
Old 2013-03-29, 11:16   Link #65
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
It would be interesting if one of the Whitebeard pirates and/or Blackbeard pirates entered this tournament. I'm getting the impression that Luffy is going to stomp a lot of the competition, so we need some worthy adversaries besides the Donquixote family.
Luffy can only "stomp" the competition if he can use all his abilities. Since he is supposed to be undercover (posing as Lucy), there is a strong likelihood that Oda will only have Luffy use his Haki or Gear 2 speed, and other such unnoticeable Gomu abilities.

Quote:
There's also been some speculation roaming around that the blind old man is the 7th shichibukai. I really don't think that's the case however because he seems too honourable to be the despicable and cowardly pirate the shichibukai supposedly is.
I always kind of saw Mihawk and Kuma as being fairly honourable (maybe Law?). They could simply be the exception, but I wouldn't say being dishonorable has to be a facet of being a Shichibukai.
Old 2013-03-29, 11:18   Link #66
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Luffy can only "stomp" the competition if he can use all his abilities. Since he is supposed to be undercover (posing as Lucy), there is a strong likelihood that Oda will only have Luffy use his Haki or Gear 2 speed, and other such unnoticeable Gomu abilities.
^ He's probably going to encounter someone that will force him to use his DF abilities, and that's when his cover will be blown and the whole tournament will become a mess. At that point, shit will hit the fan for real .

Quote:
I always kind of saw Mihawk and Kuma as being fairly honourable (maybe Law?). They could simply be the exception, but I wouldn't say being dishonorable has to be a facet of being a Shichibukai.
The thing is, the 7th mystery shichibukai is known as someone who pleaded and begged for their life against a former admiral in the past.
Old 2013-03-29, 11:29   Link #67
james0246

Quote:
^ He's probably going to encounter someone that will force him to use his DF abilities, and that's when his cover will be blown and the whole tournament will become a mess. At that point, shit will hit the fan for real .
I guess it all depends on what Oda wants this tournament to be (duh). I can see the possibility that DoFlamingo wants Luffy to have the fruit (for whatever reason), so the odds could be stacked in Luffy's favour from the start. Or, Luffy could keep his anonymity and lose because he doesn't use his DF powers (but get the fruit after the fact). Or maybe his powers are revealed and he simply takes a grab at the fruit without even winning the tournament (I actually thought he would have simply stolen the fruit without participating in the tournament).

Quote:
The thing is, the 7th mystery shichibukai is known as someone who pleaded and begged for their life against a former admiral in the past.
I do not recall that. What chapter is this info from?
Old 2013-03-29, 11:34   Link #68
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I do not recall that. What chapter is this info from?
It's actually from Chapter Z for the new One Piece film Z. Apparently, this guy managed to cut off Zephyr's (a former admiral and mentor to Aokiji, Kizaru, and Akainu) forearm in the past (9 years ago from the present time). Garp also states that this person became a shichibukai during the time-skip, so it's been confirmed. In case you're wondering, Oda indeed oversaw the production and story of this film.

Suffice it to say, this mystery shichibukai is probably the strongest out of the new recruits.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2013-03-29 at 12:08.
Old 2013-03-29, 13:53   Link #69
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Bonney?

BTW, I like the idea of a female admiral, which was mentioned here.
I really doubt its Bonney, matter of fact, I am pretty sure it is 100 percent not Bonney due to the age differences.

Though if there was a likely person to join the Straw Hats with an easy incentive it is her. Bonney is a glutton and the Straw Hats happens to have an excellent chef who would do anything for a women. I can imagine comical sequences of Bonney joining the crew and Sanji cooking up so much food over her.
Old 2013-03-29, 14:06   Link #70
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Bonney?
Bonney would have been 15 years old during that incident. Doubt she would have been strong enough to pull off something like that. It's not her.
Old 2013-03-29, 14:10   Link #71
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I really doubt its Bonney, matter of fact, I am pretty sure it is 100 percent not Bonney due to the age differences.
Quote:
Bonney would have been 15 years old during that incident. Doubt she would have been strong enough to pull off something like that. It's not her.
Except Bonney can control her age, so any age difference need not matter.

The real problem is strength and reputation. Bonney was being held captive by Blackbeard and his crew before she was rescued by the marines. If she is really strong enough to fight an Admiral (even if mostly by luck) she should have been able to fight Blackbeard. Additionally, she was considered part of the Supernovas which were recent pirates, whereas this mysterious extra Shichibukai would have been a pirate/fighter decades previous (which means that they should have been famous for quite some time).

Quote:

Though if there was a likely person to join the Straw Hats with an easy incentive it is her.
Bonney actually holds a grudge against the Strawhats (for causing a ruccus which forced the marines to send an Admiral).
Old 2013-03-29, 14:54   Link #72
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:

The real problem is strength and reputation. Bonney was being held captive by Blackbeard and his crew before she was rescued by the marines. If she is really strong enough to fight an Admiral (even if mostly by luck) she should have been able to fight Blackbeard. Additionally, she was considered part of the Supernovas which were recent pirates, whereas this mysterious extra Shichibukai would have been a pirate/fighter decades previous (which means that they should have been famous for quite some time).

Bonney actually holds a grudge against the Strawhats (for causing a ruccus which forced the marines to send an Admiral).
I haven't forgotten that aspect of Bonney, she does have that grudge, but after two years I feel that she would have lighten up on that matter. I am surprise she haven't found her crew (were they all killed during her confrontation of Blackbeard).
Old 2013-03-29, 17:20   Link #73
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
You're not taking into account that she may not have had her DF back then (9 years ago).
Old 2013-03-29, 17:55   Link #74
james0246

Quote:
You're not taking into account that she may not have had her DF back then (9 years ago).
You're not taking into account that she may have had her DF a 100 years . There is no official age for Bonney (that I know of), just a presumed age based on physical appearance which ultimately doesn't matter since she can change her age quite easily. It's unclear what her power is, how it works or even everything she can do. For all we know Bonney could be from the lost century or she could be a year old.

Last edited by james0246; 2013-03-30 at 00:19.
Old 2013-03-29, 18:03   Link #75
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
You're not taking into account that she may have had her DF a 100 years . There is no official age for Bonney (that I know of), just a presumed age based on physical appearance which ultimately doesn't matter since she can change her age quite easily. It's unclear what her power is, how it works or even everything she can do with. For all we know Bonney could be from the lost century or she could be a year old.
Really???????? She debuted at age 22 and after the time skip she is 24. It was part of Oda SBS volumes, believe it was volume 68 where Oda asnwered a question about the ages of the Super Novas before and timeskip.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-03-29 at 19:48.
Old 2013-03-29, 20:17   Link #76
james0246

^It actually says her ages are estimated, which could mean anything.
Old 2013-03-29, 20:30   Link #77
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
^It actually says her ages are estimated, which could mean anything.
Estimated yes, but confirmed to be 24 after the time skip. Confirming that she is at least younger than 24 when she debuted in the story.
Old 2013-03-29, 20:59   Link #78
james0246

Quote:
Estimated yes, but confirmed to be 24 after the time skip. Confirming that she is at least younger than 24 when she debuted in the story.
No, still estimated. Her age, no matter before or after the timeskip, is estimated. Her exact age has never been given. I'm pretty sure people have been talking about this for months...

Last edited by james0246; 2013-03-30 at 00:20.
Old 2013-03-29, 21:07   Link #79
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
No, still estimated. Her age, no matter before or after the timeskip, is estimated. Her exact age has never been given. Upon pretty sure people have been talking about this for months...
Though this information was given out by Oda himself, pretty sure the author wouldn't lie like that, If Oda was lying he would make it much more entertaining than doing something childish like messing up information. Month or months, 24 years old is 24 years old.

Old 2013-03-29, 21:27   Link #80
james0246

^The english translations say "estimated" ...
Closed Thread