Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-12-16, 17:03   Link #1
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
Piano

hey guys I looked through all 11 pages of the fansubs forum and i didn't find one about Piano. If there was one plz link it and I'll go ahead and post it on there.

OK now that thats settled I just wanted to say that this show is something I am enjoying. I had a pretty difficult time getting the first 7 eps that were subbed by lunar. I know its a short show, but I like watching this kind of show after watching all those space and fantasy animes that I tend to watch..like about anything Gundam, Stellvia, Avenger, Planetes, Mermaid's Forest, Shingetsutan Tsukihime, and even Kogepan .

Does anyone else enjoy this show? I was just curious and was wondering if you guys had any input about it. I doubt that this thread will last too long seeing how it is only 10eps and that one group finished subbing them...but I thought it would be nice to talk about this anime.

PS thx to Red HamsterX and Danny Boy for helping me about on getting these eps subbed by Lunar.

PSS Ok I know that I alrdy asked this, but does anyone know when the rest will be finished...or better yet I am making a request that the people at Lunar finish subbing this series ASAP. well tahts about it for now
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 17:09   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I really liked it a lot also. It is a great change of pace from the life and death struggles that fill most anime. Just one life trying to become better and find love. It's a shame that there hasn't been a thread on this show since all the old forum posts exploded.

Why don't you download the Solar version? That's the one that I watched and I promise you it's good. They've finished subbing the series and the batches are seeded.

PS. Since Lunar has had a gap of two months between releases of Piano in the past, this delay is not out of line for them. Of course they might not finish subbing the show until the middle of next year... Still, you can't complain about speed when you're getting it for free.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 17:14   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATX207_Blitz
hey guys I looked through all 11 pages of the fansubs forum and i didn't find one about Piano. If there was one plz link it and I'll go ahead and post it on there.
Heh, knew that NoSanninWa would beat me to the reply

All I can say is what he said...

Except that the reason why you couldn't find any other threads about the show isn't because there hasn't been any, it was just that all the previous threads were lost when the forum was zapped a while ago (admittedly, there wasn't many of them)
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 17:22   Link #4
Lucier
Lunar Translator

I can quickly sum up release plan for Piano, for any interested...
We're going to redo 1-4 with DVD source, and fix the errors. (It was our first joint with Miyou at the time, and things were NOT coordinated well)

As for 8-10, I'm tling them today, so... hopefully release soon =D (Finals done, woop!)
Just bug red, since they'll be in his hands then =D
Lucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 19:31   Link #5
Banisher
Wannabe Magical Girl

I really enjoyed Piano. At the beginning I thought it was only a plain, boring anime. Then after few eps I was hooked. I just wanted to know what was going to happen to Miu. It was the same feeling as when watching Figure 17.

I guess it was quite refreshing to watch a serie focused on the actual life, and not on fights, action sequence, etc. Miu's hairstyle was quite disturbing, but not as much as Yume's one in Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na koto.

Spoiler:
Banisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 19:35   Link #6
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Warning: Romantic spoilers follow. If you haven't seen the final episode, these will kill it for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banisher
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-16, 19:39   Link #7
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I thought that a lot of opportunities were wasted by the creators that held this from being one of the greater "Slice of Life" series out there. If they had just further developed the teacher and her sister, the series could have been so much more.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 20:15   Link #8
Tboz

Yeah... I am downloading the Solar release as its the only group that has completed the series.

Its always enjoyable to watch something different from 80% of the anime out there once in the while. I am currently at episode 5 and I find the series quite good. Moreover, I am always attracted to shows with some references to the piano. Just got to love the piano pieces in the series, listening to them always soothe my mind and makes me happy.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 20:21   Link #9
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Why don't you download the Solar version? That's the one that I watched and I promise you it's good. They've finished subbing the series and the batches are seeded.
Well I did try, there was this error and it sent me to the mIRC site and told me to d/l it and also after I got it it requested taht I goto some channel. So I got the channel and then I closed the mIRC, because I use the X-chat client. When I tried d/ling it again it had this error which wouldn't allow me to d/l the batches. I gave up after that. So I got it from RHX on the irc channel. It looks like though that Lunar people will be finishing it soon so I guess I'll wait...

PS I don't know if it was my comp. or not that made the error, but even now when I try d/ling the BT file itself I get the error. SO I an't d/l the actual file
Old 2003-12-16, 23:27   Link #10
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Good show I really liked it. One of the best slice of life animes out there. Since I love piano music I was stoked when I first heard about it. The OP was awesome, one of my most favorite OP.
Old 2003-12-17, 00:18   Link #11
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

There's an interesting fact about Piano that many people reading this thread might not know. The voice-actress who plays Myu is also a pianist. Not only does she voice the character, but she actually plays piano for the character as well. In other words, the piano playing is also part of her acting!

Cool yes?

Old 2003-12-17, 00:22   Link #12
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
There's an interesting fact about Piano that many people reading this thread might not know. The voice-actress who plays Myu is also a pianist. Not only does she voice the character, but she actually plays piano for the character as well. In other words, the piano playing is also part of her acting!

Cool yes?
I did not know that, thats really cool. Voice Seiyuus seem to be multi talented these days
Old 2003-12-17, 00:23   Link #13
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

One of the first anime I got off animesuki, worth a look.
Don Eunuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 02:07   Link #14
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Quote:

Cool yes?
wow nosanninwa you are totally into this show thats cool....uh I was wondering if you happened to use irc by any chance...because I was wondering if you could maybe go on and possibly offer a direct client to client so that I could get all 10 done by solar??? hmmm well I don't mind if you don't, seeing how I will probably someday be able to get it from lunar... hopefully this week? well thats it
Old 2003-12-17, 02:14   Link #15
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

You don't need an irc transfer to get the Solar version. Just download it from AnimeTorrents. Their page is down right now, but it should be back up by tomorrow. It is in two batches, both of which are kept seeded. Enjoy.

Old 2003-12-17, 08:22   Link #16
Tboz

"...To You" is really nice. Thumbs up for Kawasumi Ayako, did she do the composing as well?

Btw, I have been downloading Solar batch ep 6-10 for about a week now, download rate is quite slow.
Old 2003-12-17, 10:41   Link #17
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
"...To You" is really nice. Thumbs up for Kawasumi Ayako, did she do the composing as well?

Btw, I have been downloading Solar batch ep 6-10 for about a week now, download rate is quite slow.
I believe she did the composing as well. Actually there are quite a few OP/ED she did. Love Hina, UFO Princess and I believe Princess Tutu as well.

Here is a list of her VA work. On another page you can find her albums and singles.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 11:19   Link #18
Tboz

Woah... she has done some impressive roles and I have even watched some them before, I must be blind to not notice her before.

I think her CDs are worth buying then... Thanks.
Old 2003-12-17, 12:41   Link #19
Seifer_us
A Hunter of Peace

Nice to know that others are enjoying it. It was one of the few shows that I was truly impatient for episodes to be fansubbed. I bought the OST soon after I arrived in Japan, but I wish that it included more of the piano pieces that Miu played in the series. Most of it is composed of the slightly underwhelming BGM that's found throughout the show (still a pretty decent OST though). Great show, and I can only hope for more like it. It was such a nice break from the mass amounts of recycled plots and characters that seem so common recently.
Seifer_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 18:39   Link #20
Relentless
Certifiably insane

Beautiful series, I really fell in love with it. Character designs are a treat. And I don't mind Miu's hair. It could be argued she has an advanced case of moustache envy, or maybe they're useful to play complex chords But I think sideburns are sexy
Relentless is offline   Reply With Quote