AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-22, 00:12   Link #21
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I know Sunrise occasionally dabbles in new Mecha IP's, but I feel like this could've been a new Gundam...
I sure am happy that this is not a new Gundam. I think a new Gundam series (not the fun Build series) need to be more well-thought-out when it comes to the setting & world-building than a discount Code Geass so far.

I'm still rooting for this show to be good & successful coz this is Sunrise Beyond's second major mecha show after Gundam Re:Rise. Since Kyoukai Senki doesn't carry the big Gundam name, the makers should have less pressure to make it popular and will have easier time with it. Let's see how they'll execute it.
Old 2021-07-22, 00:51   Link #22
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
I know Sunrise occasionally dabbles in new Mecha IP's, but I feel like this could've been a new Gundam...
There's plenty of Gundam being produced as is. I'm happy to see a traditional mecha outside the eponymous franchises.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-22, 09:26   Link #23
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I sure am happy that this is not a new Gundam. I think a new Gundam series (not the fun Build series) need to be more well-thought-out when it comes to the setting & world-building than a discount Code Geass so far.

I'm still rooting for this show to be good & successful coz this is Sunrise Beyond's second major mecha show after Gundam Re:Rise. Since Kyoukai Senki doesn't carry the big Gundam name, the makers should have less pressure to make it popular and will have easier time with it. Let's see how they'll execute it.
I don't think I understand enough Japanese to really understand the world-building just from the synopsis and what I've seen .

Yeah, probably not having the expectations of the Gundam name will do this show a benefit and it can stand on its own as a possibly solid and fun Mecha show .
Old 2021-07-22, 16:29   Link #24
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I don't think I understand enough Japanese to really understand the world-building just from the synopsis and what I've seen .
Aside from Code Geass, the setting also borrowed something from Kamen Rider Build where Japan is divided.
Old 2021-07-22, 19:48   Link #25
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Aside from Code Geass, the setting also borrowed something from Kamen Rider Build where Japan is divided.
I imagine it's probably just one of those major Japanese "What If's" .