AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-07-22, 00:12   Link #21
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I know Sunrise occasionally dabbles in new Mecha IP's, but I feel like this could've been a new Gundam...
I sure am happy that this is not a new Gundam. I think a new Gundam series (not the fun Build series) need to be more well-thought-out when it comes to the setting & world-building than a discount Code Geass so far.

I'm still rooting for this show to be good & successful coz this is Sunrise Beyond's second major mecha show after Gundam Re:Rise. Since Kyoukai Senki doesn't carry the big Gundam name, the makers should have less pressure to make it popular and will have easier time with it. Let's see how they'll execute it.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-22, 00:51   Link #22
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I know Sunrise occasionally dabbles in new Mecha IP's, but I feel like this could've been a new Gundam...
There's plenty of Gundam being produced as is. I'm happy to see a traditional mecha outside the eponymous franchises.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-22, 09:26   Link #23
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I sure am happy that this is not a new Gundam. I think a new Gundam series (not the fun Build series) need to be more well-thought-out when it comes to the setting & world-building than a discount Code Geass so far.

I'm still rooting for this show to be good & successful coz this is Sunrise Beyond's second major mecha show after Gundam Re:Rise. Since Kyoukai Senki doesn't carry the big Gundam name, the makers should have less pressure to make it popular and will have easier time with it. Let's see how they'll execute it.
I don't think I understand enough Japanese to really understand the world-building just from the synopsis and what I've seen .

Yeah, probably not having the expectations of the Gundam name will do this show a benefit and it can stand on its own as a possibly solid and fun Mecha show .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-22, 16:29   Link #24
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I don't think I understand enough Japanese to really understand the world-building just from the synopsis and what I've seen .
Aside from Code Geass, the setting also borrowed something from Kamen Rider Build where Japan is divided.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-22, 19:48   Link #25
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Aside from Code Geass, the setting also borrowed something from Kamen Rider Build where Japan is divided.
I imagine it's probably just one of those major Japanese "What If's" .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.