AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-07-27, 10:39   Link #161
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, and check out that candle modeled after NNT's Boar's Hat! Man, I miss Hawk Mama....
I hope Hawk's collecting his royalty checks for that.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-27, 11:02   Link #162
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Where's the chapter? It's not at the place I usually read this series at yet.

The chapter seems interesting.
Old 2021-07-28, 07:15   Link #163
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought Anne got ripped off but the end of the chapter reminded me she can't possibly get ripped off given her power. Incidentally, smart of her to get the money back through gambling.

Howser really is Donny's uncle. The new antagonist figure he's going to pass out from drinking soon, but I'm not so sure. I think it's a good opportunity to see the progress he's made those past 16 years. Perhaps Meliodas isn't the only reason Camelot considers Liones to be their biggest obstacle.
Old 2021-07-28, 14:13   Link #164
WingedAccelerator

I knew the hair was a sign. Aberdeen Ale gave Howzer massive gains similar to Escanor in daylight.

For transition, it was a sufficient chapter. Anne continues to lose credit as a leader, Sin is suspicious again, while the next set of challanges approach. If I interpret it correctly, Danafor is rebuilt, and is considered as a prestigious kingdom? Nice.

I don't think another knight of Arthur is behind the scheming this time, but Howzer is probably here for a reason, so the exposition will be given by him if he manages to beat the crap out of the adversaries later. I hope he is not sidelined and lose face.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-28, 20:27   Link #165
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I hope Hawk's collecting his royalty checks for that.
Guess that depends on whether or not he spent the past 16 years chilling out with his big bro in Purgatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think it's a good opportunity to see the progress he's made those past 16 years. Perhaps Meliodas isn't the only reason Camelot considers Liones to be their biggest obstacle.
I wouldn't doubt that most, if not all of the Liones holy knights made significant improvements since NNT. I mean, for instance, I doubt that Jericho would have became Lancelot's master if she didn't have the credentials for it. The same should apply for Howzer's captain status, even if he's now a shameless alcoholic. Heck, the sauce sure didn't stop someone like Ban from becoming a legendary hero, did it? So yeah, Mel may not be the sole reason for Arthur's trepidation towards Liones....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-29, 01:20   Link #166
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought Anne got ripped off but the end of the chapter reminded me she can't possibly get ripped off given her power.
Sure she can, you just have to use intermediaries.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-31, 11:51   Link #167
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Where does Howzer get the right to call his nephew (kudos to those who called it) out on drinking given how much he's had to drink already?

Since they're going to Liones, I wonder if Percy will get the chance to join the Holy Knights there. He could also get them to teach him how to fight better. And I'm also looking forward to their reaction to meeting Meliodas (especially Anne's).
Old Today, 10:44   Link #168
marvelB

New (translated) chapter ahoy! So, right off the bat, Anne's horse finds out Sin's true identity.... which is still hidden from us readers. Meanwhile, Anne makes a crapload of money betting on Percy in gouren matches, and Howzer is being a total dick toward Donnie, even taking the Chaos dragon from him for good measure. Nasciens attempts to defend Donnie's honor against Howzer in a drinking contest, but midway through the match, the herbalist clues in Percy and Anne on a theory of his: That the town is comprised of nothing but bloodthirsty rogues! And what's more, their leader is a former apprentice of Howzer's....!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Where does Howzer get the right to call his nephew (kudos to those who called it) out on drinking given how much he's had to drink already?
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think he was calling him out on underage drinking. But again, I can't be certain because I'm not sure what medieval Britannia's legal drinking age is, lol.

BTW, I sorta think Howzer wasn't being entirely sincere with his rough treatment of Donnie this chapter. I mean, alcohol aside, I wouldn't be surprised if he were trying to motivate his nephew back into the path of a holy knight with some "tough love", so to speak. But that being said, a drunk like him doesn't exactly strike me as being the ideal role model for aspiring knights, heh.
Old Today, 13:08   Link #169
WingedAccelerator

I swear this Edlin guy is Lancelot with a fake alias, or Nakaba totally used Lancelot as a base for his design. Just look at that Lancelot color page and compare it to the last page.

Did Sin ever confirm he is with Liones? I feel like Sylvan just saying "your Kingdom" is enough to overthink that he is neither with Arthur obviously, but not necessarily with Meliodas either, and he is with a neutral party.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 15:06   Link #170
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Howzer is being a total dick toward Donnie, even taking the Chaos dragon from him for good measure.
Eh, he's made the right move taking that away from them, TBF. Carrying that thing around is liable to get them killed.

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think he was calling him out on underage drinking. But again, I can't be certain because I'm not sure what medieval Britannia's legal drinking age is, lol.
Honestly thought it was more about the day drinking myself. Plus he might still be mad about Donny stealing from him and running off from training.

Quote:
BTW, I sorta think Howzer wasn't being entirely sincere with his rough treatment of Donnie this chapter. I mean, alcohol aside, I wouldn't be surprised if he were trying to motivate his nephew back into the path of a holy knight with some "tough love", so to speak. But that being said, a drunk like him doesn't exactly strike me as being the ideal role model for aspiring knights, heh.
I thought he was trying to get Donny to run away before the place turned on them.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 15:54   Link #171
marvelB

So, couple things to note: First, the official TL may have a mistranslated line. As noted by MH's FKS:

Quote:
Apparently, Howzer mentioned Donny's dead sister in this chapter.
But the reality is, since Donny already referred to Edlin, which we know is his disciple at the end of the chapter, as 兄貴 (aniki, older brother) at the start of the chapter, Howzer used the word 姉貴 (aneki, older sister) to refer to Donny's senior girlmate. At least I think this makes sense.
CR goofed up on this one, making things confusing/misleading when they shouldn't be.
^So basically, it may not have been Donnie's literal sister who died. Secondly.... NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK! The current chapter was released on a double issue, so the magazine itself will be on break next week. Just a heads up!

Quote:
Eh, he's made the right move taking that away from them, TBF. Carrying that thing around is liable to get them killed.
Oh, I don't doubt that (Percy's still got a ways to go before he can properly take on guys like Ironside, for instance), but he still didn't have to be such a dick about it, IMO. But I guess at least this way this ensures that Mel will get his old sword hilt back, though Tristan will most likely be its new owner once repaired, as I previously speculated.

Quote:
I thought he was trying to get Donny to run away before the place turned on them.
Yes, he could have been protecting his nephew in his own way too, of course. Still think he may have sorta went overboard on the tough love though, heh.

BTW, running on the heels of the Hawk Mama easter egg from last week, this chapter contained a reference to NNT's First/Original Demon..... who has booze named after him. Geez, who else is gonna have their own merch next? The Ten Commandments?!