AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

Old 2016-07-12, 03:15   Link #61
tuckersister

The true culprit may also be a Future Foundation leader that didn't come to Makoto's trial. The 13th Branch leader didn't show up.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-12, 05:10   Link #62
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Different VA.
Indeed. I wasn't aware of this until after seeing the episode, but the VA for Monokuma is presently suffering from dementia. Nobuyo Oyama is 82 this year. The new voice is certainly giving it their best shot, but I suspect we'll all miss the creepy Doraemon.
Old 2016-07-12, 05:41   Link #63
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Yes. This is called DanganRonpa 3 for a reason~

I am really hoping that Yukizone does not turn out to be the current Monokuma. Honestly, she feels way too much like a red herring. Her being the teacher for the Remnants of Despair from SDR2 feels like a huge distraction point (though I expect to see her in the Despair Chapter) combined with the fact that we already saw what happened with Junko. It would be too obvious. The writers for DanganRonpa are more clever than that.

Though, I will say Ibuki is still best girl. That intro with the Remnants of Despair proves that~
or the writer want you to think like that...
Old 2016-07-12, 12:15   Link #64
Jestersage

Related to side story: do you think that the murder that Hijirihara witness is one made by Genocide Jack?

Reasoning:
-Hijirihara despite's other murder who lack passions. Jill's murder are all due to her love of cute boys, aka passion
-Hijrihara's favorite murder weapon all seems to be done by a xacto knife; Jill utilized scissors; both are considered as tool of murders
-Jill is "Ultimate 殺人鬼"; the same kanji for Muderous Fiend is also used to describe Killer Killer (a murderous fiend who kill other murderous fiend)
-All killings done by Hijrihara have a name of "super" attached to it. (super jigsaw killing, super kill steal, super copycat killing, super hanging), keeping in line with the theme of "Ultimate" in Dangan ronpa
-And yes, both are somehow in Future Foundation. I can understand about Jill/Tokuwa, but Hijrihara isn't discovered and proved as Killer Killer to Future Foundation?! Seems inline with Hope's Peak's investigation...
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-12, 15:56   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Forgot to mention I'm grateful the subs aren't adhering to the game's localization. Localizing "super high school level" as "Ultimate" was very stupid, as they were never "ultimate", only the best in their age groups, and the localization destroyed that important nuance. Not to mention it created problems later with the introduction of Super Elementary Schoolers.
Old 2016-07-12, 19:18   Link #66
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Good at least I'm apparently not the only one suspecting Yokizone.
Seriously seing her in the intro from the side made me think she is actually Junko.

Her death comes far too fast too, and then the notion about her being their teacher, while she is practically telling Naegi to do his best. - At the current point she is definitely the most suspicious here.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-12, 21:42   Link #67
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Junko has been confirmed dead in every game and in most supplementary material so it would be a complete asspull if they somehow write her back in, not to mention retcon a whole lot of the underlying plot.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-12, 23:47   Link #68
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Junko has been confirmed dead in every game and in most supplementary material so it would be a complete asspull if they somehow write her back in, not to mention retcon a whole lot of the underlying plot.
Mystery Rule number 1 - No Corpse, no proof someone is dead.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-07-13, 00:16   Link #69
SweetRain
のろい~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
There is something related to the remnants of despair that makes clear she's dead...

With this I'm not saying it couldn't happen, with Kodaka everything is possible, but I'm honestly hoping she stays dead as she has been said to be since the end of the first game.
SweetRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 00:18   Link #70
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
We never see it but Junko's corpse is confirmed to exist because members of the Remnants of Despair have had parts of Junko's body removed and transplanted onto their own after she died. Nagito has Junko's left hand for example:

So it's pretty certain Junko is 100% dead. There's no way she isn't unless she can reassemble her body in some supernatural fashion.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2016-07-13 at 00:32.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 00:37   Link #71
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

There's even some mention of necrophilia which... you know...
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 09:15   Link #72
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetRain View Post
There is something related to the remnants of despair that makes clear she's dead...

With this I'm not saying it couldn't happen, with Kodaka everything is possible, but I'm honestly hoping she stays dead as she has been said to be since the end of the first game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
We never see it but Junko's corpse is confirmed to exist because members of the Remnants of Despair have had parts of Junko's body removed and transplanted onto their own after she died. Nagito has Junko's left hand for example:

So it's pretty certain Junko is 100% dead. There's no way she isn't unless she can reassemble her body in some supernatural fashion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
There's even some mention of necrophilia which... you know...
The problem is that all of what you guys said above should actually bother you
The necrophilia aside, the HAND is the most decisive clue there is that something about that story can't be right.

Junko eventual death was being crushed to death by an industrial material crusher powered with servos.
I don't even want to think about how you could still do necrophilia with that, but that probably still makes more sense than someone still being able to transplant her hand onto their body.
So either there is a veeeeerrryyy huge plot hole or something isn't right about the despair crew's testimony. Given that they are witnesses and thus allowed to lie all the want he rhand being there is extremely unbelievable.

The question now is whose hand is that then? Well there is a very legit 'Junko' body out there you could cut off hands or do other things with.

Spoiler for Corpse:

Old 2016-07-13, 09:23   Link #73
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Want to ask. How about the prequel? Can I watch it without being confused?
Old 2016-07-13, 10:23   Link #74
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Junko eventual death was being crushed to death by an industrial material crusher powered with servos.
I don't even want to think about how you could still do necrophilia with that, but that probably still makes more sense than someone still being able to transplant her hand onto their body.
So either there is a veeeeerrryyy huge plot hole or something isn't right about the despair crew's testimony. Given that they are witnesses and thus allowed to lie all the want he rhand being there is extremely unbelievable.

The question now is whose hand is that then? Well there is a very legit 'Junko' body out there you could cut off hands or do other things with.
That's coming from a series where you could somehow obtain butter from a electrically charged motorbike cage.

Remember that Junko somehow survived every punishements before the industrial crusher.

So no, salvaging parts of her corpse isn't exactly surprising at all in the given franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokumonsen View Post
Considering it is still called Danganronpa 3 for the despair arc, that arc will also expect the audience to have cleared DR2 already.
Even if you aren't confused by that, you are about to be severely spoiled for the second game, which is a very bad idea.
Old 2016-07-13, 11:56   Link #75
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokumonsen View Post
Which prequel? The adaptation of part 1? The game for part 2? I don't want to discourage people from checking it out if they are truly interested (you can always revisit the prequels later), but because this is an ongoing storyline, you won't have the investment nor the prior knowledge of the plot to fully enjoy part 3. As Klashikari said, you'd also be spoiling yourself on two excellent games. One wouldn't jump willy-nilly into season 3 of any TV show; this situation is not very different.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 14:49   Link #76
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's coming from a series where you could somehow obtain butter from a electrically charged motorbike cage.

Remember that Junko somehow survived every punishements before the industrial crusher.

So no, salvaging parts of her corpse isn't exactly surprising at all in the given franchise.
Point given, she survived pretty long, yeah.

My main point is just that her status isn't as clear as people think due to Mukuro's body still being in the game and the actual cause of death.

As for the butter - I think someone actually tried to scientifically explain that back then. I think that was just a joke from Junko though due to the morgue being filled with the proper body count.

Old 2016-07-13, 20:01   Link #77
Jestersage

Admins, think you should seperate the two Sides? Or do you guys think that it's possible they may be related toward the end (especially for Chisa = traitor theory.)

Sidenote: I am beginning to think that Chisa pulling a Junko is very likely, not because of any clues within Side:Future, but the fact that Side: Despair is broadcast concurrently (in 24 hours on this post), meaning she will show up in side:despair too. So we will know what happened to her that led up to the 77th's fall to despair. Since we knew that she died in episode 1 and that the rest of the 77th fell into despair, we are suppose to understand how and why it happens -- but it can be done AFTERWARDS instead. However, by showing both show at the same week, they have the oppurtunity to create a parallelism. Now, if she is not the traitor, then there will be no parallelism, since the most they can show is her failure to pull the group from despair - why would they brought up her story then by then (ep 12/13)? However, if she is the traitor, then they can use the Side: despair to show how, thus creating a parallelism between both works..

Last edited by Jestersage; 2016-07-13 at 20:59. Reason: Not creatign a new post, but edit old one
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 22:56   Link #78
Ichigo-Sora
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Point given, she survived pretty long, yeah.

My main point is just that her status isn't as clear as people think due to Mukuro's body still being in the game and the actual cause of death.

As for the butter - I think someone actually tried to scientifically explain that back then. I think that was just a joke from Junko though due to the morgue being filled with the proper body count.
I'm not entirely sure how canon this is, but the latest chapter in the Komaeda POV manga clearly shows him taking the hand from Junko's corpse:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-07-14, 08:26   Link #79
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo-Sora View Post
I'm not entirely sure how canon this is, but the latest chapter in the Komaeda POV manga clearly shows him taking the hand from Junko's corpse:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I don't trust any of Junko's deaths tbh - in the end this could be mearly a body she prepared in advance in case she would loose. There is no way her body would last that giant steel hammer. Heck I saw a rat/mole (wahtever it was) that got rolled over by a tram yesterday believe me with a hammer like that she'd be completely flat, with at least every single bone crushed to a point of no recovery.

And that thing doesn't just come down once, it comes down several times at the same object (you can hear that in Kirigiri's execution scene).
No matter how you look at it the hand is suspicious (Given proper mystery rules still apply).

Next is that it isn't the first time she would pull something likee that off.
Yukizone also looks a bit like Junko from the side. (Especially the emotionless expression)
Last but not least - AI junko was talking about uploading herself to other people's brains too.

So yeah her coming back in one form or another wouldn't surprise me at all.

Old 2016-07-14, 08:41   Link #80
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
I don't trust any of Junko's deaths tbh - in the end this could be mearly a body she prepared in advance in case she would loose.
This theory is nice, but with the way Junko is hung on despair? No way.

She is dead. I want her to be dead anyway. Unless you can think of a way she'll be killed other than physical or as an AI, I won't really think of Junko as the villain in Future Arc. Besides, she'd most likely appear a lot in Despair Arc.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote