AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Episode 52 Rating
Perfect 10 60 51.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 18.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 17.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.86%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.86%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-16, 00:21   Link #61
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
2) Wataru sitting in the snow on >< whatever english name is and Sakuya walking to him smiling.
That scene is in episode 42.
Old 2008-04-17, 07:45   Link #62
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Its over im really going to miss it, even though all the randomness i still loved the show. The final episode was nice a touch to end things it really showed just how far Hayate and Nagi have come, and how their fates really are intertwined. Through in a little time warping and Hayate fighting the Sicilian mafia and weve got ourselves a hit. I loved how everyone who is a love interest for Hayate all ended going to the same island. I want more Hina but i guess i will have to wait till next season. Either way im sure we will never get a romantic resolution. Great episode season 1 was a blast.
Old 2008-04-17, 18:40   Link #63
Ikusabe_Wataru
orooooo

I think they chose a really good chapter to end this series ^_^
Old 2008-04-17, 20:37   Link #64
Zelene2004

I loved the episode, and I thought they did a great job of making the ED the parts from the end. The montage was a nice touch as well.

I suppose we'll have to wait until season 2 for the Hina and Ayumu explanation.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 2008-04-18, 03:59   Link #65
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelene2004 View Post
I loved the episode, and I thought they did a great job of making the ED the parts from the end. The montage was a nice touch as well.
I suppose we'll have to wait until season 2 for the Hina and Ayumu explanation.
I know what you mean, after following the series for all 52 eps, the montage was really nostalgic, it really brought a tear to my eye that out of all the random comedy, the relationship between the characters has come a long way.

Hayate no Gotoku is the ultimate representation of the underdog not getting lucky, but overcoming obstacles despite his bad luck, with a little twist of fate and a chance meeting, we get a great show.

The second season can't come fast enough.
Old 2008-04-19, 13:32   Link #66
General_Asakura
Random Lazy Dude

on a side note, that "ich ribidich" thing that motorcycle mafia dude said. could it possibly be german? "ich liebe dich" with a kind of japanese accent? that was aleast my first thought when i saw he say that thing.

oh, and "ich liebe dich" is german for "I love you"
Old 2008-04-20, 23:15   Link #67
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This final episode takes place in the near-future date of April 30th, 2008.

So, it will be 10 days from now after making this post.

Remember time-travelers:
1. What has become, has become. The past cannot be undone.

2. Girls turn hikkikomori due that the bishie, who saved their lives when young, vanished out of site and thus breaking the promise to go and do stargazing.

3. Back to the Future is the ideal choice for those who unexpectedly and unwilling jump back into the past.

4. The setting where most of the characters hang around was first featured and hinted at the last ending theme sequence.

5. Once the final episode concludes, the last ending sequences rolls on fast camera footage from all the shows' episodes which featured all of the characters- main and supporting ones- for a last farewell.

6. This is not the end for the Sanzennin brat and her debt-ridden butler. Season two is in production and coming its way to the Japanese TV screens.
Old 2008-04-22, 22:16   Link #68
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

They made the best episode in the entire series the ending.

Wise choice.

It's touching, nostalgic, not stupidly random, and funny. Can't ask for more. Well, actually, I can ask for more [more Hina!] but I'll settle for it.

The funniest part has to be when they "dub over" the Sicilian mafia's foreign speeches with random phrases. "Nabeshin! Nabeshin!," "Erika-sama," "Ebi-chan!"
Old 2008-04-25, 10:49   Link #69
king12354

I have been disappointed with the comedy in the last 30 episodes or so but when the show tries to evoke motions, it does it pretty well I have to admit.

Good episode but I wish they add a little more seriousness to the show.
Old 2008-04-25, 12:10   Link #70
crusnick

Well they dident conclude any relation between any coupe!
More over, I think That's a 3 rival story hamster+ hina + Nagi for hayate!!
Ftw ^^
Old 2008-04-25, 14:20   Link #71
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
crusnick, u already ditched Maria? ;/
Old 2008-04-26, 23:04   Link #72
gabbytay
Banned

This episode made me cry 10/10
Old 2008-05-13, 14:55   Link #73
ani_d

Ah, I finally cleared this anime.This show is really both ridiculous and adorable at the same time. Hayate and Nagi's touchy feely scenes were so heartwrenching at times. x_x

The best line in this whole episode: "Season 2 animation production set to Go." Nuff said. lol
Old 2008-05-14, 22:41   Link #74
Lauren Revolt
Ride the Lightning

I felt episode 51 was just a tad better, but that might be because i already knew how this episode would turn out due to reading the manga.

still a 9/10 for me.
Old 2008-05-19, 07:28   Link #75
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Although I didn't know Hina and Ayumu were friends. That confused me, and kind of threw off my pacing a little.

9/10 only because of the inconsistency with the Hina/Ayumu friendship thing [unless they randomly will flashback in the second season].
In the anime, they aren't. Not yet. In Hayate no Gotoku, Hina and Hamster have not met yet. This was a "flashback in the future" - the Greece trip _will_ happen (it did not happen yet), and Hina and Hamster also _will_ meet in the future, and have a very important long-running arc together.

Again: No inconsistency, but rather the result of a time jump. And I'm extremely excited because this very special ferris weel scene means that the whole Hina/Hamster arc _must have happened before_, meaning: They WILL show it. Either in a movie or in S2

Last edited by Mentar; 2008-05-19 at 07:53.
Old 2008-05-22, 09:48   Link #76
dave1992
Hinagiku Fans

Send a message via Yahoo to dave1992
Well, inconsistency or consistency, I could only give 10 on this...
Old 2008-05-24, 21:32   Link #77
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
In the anime, they aren't. Not yet. In Hayate no Gotoku, Hina and Hamster have not met yet. This was a "flashback in the future" - the Greece trip _will_ happen (it did not happen yet), and Hina and Hamster also _will_ meet in the future, and have a very important long-running arc together.

Again: No inconsistency, but rather the result of a time jump. And I'm extremely excited because this very special ferris weel scene means that the whole Hina/Hamster arc _must have happened before_, meaning: They WILL show it. Either in a movie or in S2
Well, I still had to have it explained to me, which isn't a good thing...

But Hamster + Hina arc? Season 2 animation production set to Go.
Old 2008-05-26, 15:48   Link #78
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
But Hamster + Hina arc? Season 2 animation production set to Go.
It's THE arc. The arc of arcs. What the show is all about, if you ask me ... so far, the manga used ~20 chapters on it, and it's not quite completed yet.
Old 2008-10-27, 16:32   Link #79
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Loved the ending!!

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-01-02, 06:48   Link #80
Amme
~kya

It was a nice ending, wrapped everything up pretty fast, would've loved to see more "normal" episodes than just random, example for Mario / Hina episodes and the episodes at the end ofc, but the random episodes is also what made these series great.
Closed Thread