AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Old 2004-06-21, 18:50   Link #501
eabandit

There are two possible endings for the anime that I see (although I would like to be surprised):

Ayase confesses to Seiji.. Seiji goes "omg, this is what I've always wanted! finally! ..." etc etc. Then he realizes that it is Midori that did all the things that he wanted for him, so he dumps Ayase (who returns to being a schoolgirl looking for love) and goes to Midori's house and asks her out on a date, and it ends there.

Another ending could occur with Midori returning to Seiji's hand, although I don't really have any idea how that would work out with Ayase's confession.

Another ending could be Ayase with Seiji and Midori with Kouta, but that would be pretty anticlimactic...

As for manga-bashers, I kinda like the manga. It's episodic and a lot like Ranma (one of my favorite mangas). Nothing is ever resolved in Ranma (his relationship with Akane, his girl-boy problem) but I think that's how it was supposed to be. I think the MnH manga will continue to be like it is for a very long time, and finally have everything wrapped up in 1-3 chapters at the end, once there is no more material to go on for their episodic adventures.
eabandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 19:02   Link #502
Gmc

Just watched episode 12...I dont believe the whole series is only going to be 13 episodes?!

They could have easily made it 26 with all the stuff from the manga there is, and we never got to see all those bits with the mad doctor (and his weird daughter), and that cool crazy american girl. Oh well.
Gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 19:04   Link #503
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
whoa......
didnt expect to see this.
i mean....
come on.....
so short.....
i thought it was gonna be long series since the number of episode wasnt determined.......
this is not happening.....
wat the hell.....
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 20:56   Link #504
kool_dudy

Before I knew that this anime was gonna end at 13...I liked it...now I'm starting to hate it....
kool_dudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 21:08   Link #505
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I liked it rather it is short or not. I don't mind it being just 13 eps long, I wished it was a bit longer, but I still like it.

I just watched ep 12, it's a lot like the manga chapter 181 I guess, but there's a few differences, and because of these differences I don't think it would be logical if they make it the way chapter 182 did.

Snoopy you are so harsh on Midori ^_^;;;. I read the manga too but even in the manga I feel sorry for her at times. She is so timid in her own body that it is sometime painful to watch her.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 21:15   Link #506
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool_dudy
Before I knew that this anime was gonna end at 13...I liked it...now I'm starting to hate it....
Ummm what does having a series end earlier than expected got to do with dispelling your liking for it? Just curious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
I just watched ep 12, it's a lot like the manga chapter 181 I guess, but there's a few differences, and because of these differences I don't think it would be logical if they make it the way chapter 182 did.
181? 182?! Umm, are you reading the same "Midori no Hibi" manga as us? Or have you obtained the series 100 weeks ahead of us now...

Quote:
Snoopy you are so harsh on Midori ^_^;;;. I read the manga too but even in the manga I feel sorry for her at times. She is so timid in her own body that it is sometime painful to watch her.
Pity for her in her own body does not equate to letting her dictate that someone else should devote his attention entirely to her and consistently denying him the right to pursue someone whom he has mutual attraction with.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 21:21   Link #507
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

[double posted, please delete]

Last edited by Yebyosh; 2004-06-21 at 21:23. Reason: double posted (argh)
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 21:59   Link #508
alnorth

Quote:
however, the anime will be over and done with if they end this scenario differently than the manga did, if they end it the way they concluded it in the manga, then it would open up for a second season
ya, but...

Spoiler:

I just dont see how they can extend this thing to another season.
alnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 22:41   Link #509
onigiri
....always have hope =)..

..even though I'm also a bit upset about the whole '13 episodes' thing, I do agree with alnorth and the other people... i mean, if the series were to be longer like aroudn 26 episodes, i think the viewers would start to loose interest? and plus, it'll start to get repetitive kinda like the manga since as someone said before...the manga seems to repeat some stuff two times...(not that it's a bad thing) ..anyways, it doesn't really change anything if people complain about the whole 'odeal', it'll still be 13 episodes ....it's been one of the best series this year, and i can't wait until the last episode. let's just all hope that the episode would have a good ending and that there is going to be another great series like midori comming out soon....hmm... it feels like i jsut went off topic...did i o_o;;...i hope not~ ..heh..heh...
onigiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 22:43   Link #510
onigiri

oooohohohohoho~ i spealt 'ordeal' wrong..how embarassing
Old 2004-06-21, 22:45   Link #511
onigiri

...o fudge...=_=...'spelt' too....
Old 2004-06-21, 23:09   Link #512
Anthias

Too short! too short!...

NOw I'll have to rewatch it over and over just to feed my adiction to the show, and then I run the risk of getting bored with it!...

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!.... Hehehe...

At least I got the manga, which is way cool anyway. When things started really diverting around ep 10, we new this was likely. If they licence this week, I'll have to kill them!... lol (Knock knock knock - that was on wood BTW)
Anthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 23:10   Link #513
LeafNinja

You, like many others on the internet, also spelled "lose" wrong.

I liked this episode, was nice to see Ayase confess. Though I am hard pressed to figure out what they're going to do next episode. Hopefully it will be a satisfactory conclusion.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 23:15   Link #514
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnorth
Spoiler:

I just dont see how they can extend this thing to another season.
Spoiler for manga:
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 09:55   Link #515
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
WWAAAAHHH! no Nao, no Lucy, none of Kouta's weird fantasies....
*sniff*
I feel your pain!

Spoiler for for characters and character traits not in the anime:

Still, it was a fun anime while it lasted. Not one I'll burn to DVD, but one that cheered me up a lot when I was down!

-BonBon
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 17:42   Link #516
Itlandm
Porcupine

Well, since they have now definitely waved goodbye to the manga and its "plot", such as it is, they're free to make a happy / sappy ending if they so wish in episode 13. I wouldn't mind if Midori discovered Kouta, personally. He is kind and gentle and cultured like herself, and I am convinced that his room is not full of magazines with naked women. ^_^ Go Midori & Kouta, say I!

I am not really sure Ayase has thought her thing through, though. Then again, people in love rarely do. Perhaps they could just agree to go out or something.

At least soon I won't stay up till dawn waiting for another Midori to download.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 18:46   Link #517
shinsenx

It sucks that they didn follow the manga, but heck what can you do.
Im just hoping this last episode wont be all gay like the konomini one jejeje
shinsenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 19:33   Link #518
Itlandm
Porcupine

I realize the word "gay" has once again changed meaning in in American, but I'm still so old your comment evokes images of Seiji and Kouta going hand in hand into the sunset ... THE END

Somehow I find the idea pretty funny.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 20:03   Link #519
onigiri

...don't people use...the phrase 'all gay'...as in...'all bad'? or something like that? ....i mean...that's what people i know in canada use.....hahaha..now i'm sure that i'm off topic
Old 2004-06-22, 21:23   Link #520
shinsenx

nanana
sorry if u guys misunderstood me for using that word,.. didnt meant as somethin bad but as in lame
sorryy
shinsenx is offline   Reply With Quote