AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-25, 21:36   Link #6641
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Aah. i stand corrected then. Thanks you two.
Old 2010-11-26, 09:27   Link #6642
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

yes thanks for answering the question

another question. in simpler terms what was Fiamma plans with imagine breaker?
Old 2010-11-26, 09:38   Link #6643
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
yes thanks for answering the question

another question. in simpler terms what was Fiamma plans with imagine breaker?
1. Cut off Touma's right arm.
2. Integrate the arm into his own.

At no point had Fiamma had actual plans with the IB- he wanted the arm that could channel this energy because it apparently had to be 'pure' or something like that XD Too bad he never considered what the IB might be hiding...
Old 2010-11-26, 10:13   Link #6644
Miraluka
Banned

Fiamma believed the flesh of Touma's right hand has the quality to contain a power it can't negate such as his Holy Right, thus giving to it a physical form.
Old 2010-11-26, 10:31   Link #6645
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

So after he absorbed Touma's hand, he wouldn't need the 'Third Arm' anymore then ?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2010-11-26, 10:34   Link #6646
Miraluka
Banned

The third arm is just in a etheral form with Touma's right hand it can materialize.
Old 2010-11-26, 10:42   Link #6647
tsunade666

Fiamma believe that Touma's right hand can contain the power of Fiamma's holy hand so through it. Using Touma's right hand as a magical medium he can materialize holy right into a physical form and not so dragon or phoenix claw.

Touma's right hand is the ideal form of the "holy right" and not his phoenix claw form of third arm.

Fiamma would be getting rid of Imagine Breaker after the right hand of Touma sync or stable with his holy right.

The purification ability of Imagine Breaker would just hinder his holy right.
Old 2010-11-26, 10:46   Link #6648
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
So after he absorbed Touma's hand, he wouldn't need the 'Third Arm' anymore then ?
It's suppose to give the third arm a 'physical' form, I guess to make it's power permanent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
Aah. i stand corrected then. Thanks you two.
Supposedly 'humans' have no method or means to 'shape' Telesma, it's a secret knowledge meant for 'higher beings' essentially it's useless to humans cause you can't do anything to it.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-11-26 at 10:56.
Old 2010-11-26, 11:06   Link #6649
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

But hasn't it been mentioned(or was it hinted?) that Sasha had used Telesma before Angel Fall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol 12, Chapt 4, Between the lines
Sasha herself has not been investigating that; it was already a pending issue secretly recognized by the entire Russian Orthodox. [Telesma] itself is something all Christians can make use of, and it's not unusual for someone to carry it directly in his body; Sasha can even employ it in battle. But this was the first time a special "symptom" like this came out.
Old 2010-11-26, 11:10   Link #6650
Miraluka
Banned

No, they're talking about the Telesma leftovers from Gabriel remaining inside Sasha.
Old 2010-11-26, 11:37   Link #6651
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
The third arm is just in a etheral form with Touma's right hand it can materialize.
What i thought was that since Fiamma's right hand would disintegrate if he used Holy Right too much, the Third Arm was there so he could use it multiple times and pass the limit safely. I thought once he had Touma's hand, he could do away with that.

Old 2010-11-26, 11:51   Link #6652
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
What i thought was that since Fiamma's right hand would disintegrate if he used Holy Right too much, the Third Arm was there so he could use it multiple times and pass the limit safely. I thought once he had Touma's hand, he could do away with that.
Quite the opposite, it's the Third Arm that would disintegrate after using it a certain number of times. With the Knowledge from Index's 103 000 grimoires, that weakness has been remove. I guess if he obtains Touma's right hand, it would seal the deal.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
But hasn't it been mentioned(or was it hinted?) that Sasha had used Telesma before Angel Fall?
From what we know in the latest volume,

Quote:

“Also, the material that is the same as the angels’ weapon and armour isn’t something that can be influenced by human techniques. Even using things like lasers or diamond tools cannot break apart that material. I don’t believe human magic can do anything to the body of angels. These kind of things can’t be called resources; it’s nothing more than a large piece of junk.”

Okay, maybe I'm taking it too out of context-

Quote:
“Well, ‘Telesma’ can form weapons, clothing and any other item necessary from the angels’ body, so it’s possible for them to take a physical shape. … For the body that’s capable of using ‘Human Magic’, that size in comparison can already make people speechless.”

“But that’s meaningless.”

The blonde girl said evenly.

“It may be true that if resources enough to satisfy all of humanity’s need are present, then most of the conflicts in this world might end. Everyone can then live the way they want to until the end of their life. But that would not be the case. After humans have the resources, they would then use it to further the area they control. Countless people aimed to control the moon as the rockets were developed. And then use the deuterium on the moon to make Mars their next target. So the amount of resources would not end conflicts, just change the scale of the conflict.”

“Also, the material that is the same as the angels’ weapon and armour isn’t something that can be influenced by human techniques. Even using things like lasers or diamond tools cannot break apart that material. I don’t believe human magic can do anything to the body of angels. These kind of things can’t be called resources; it’s nothing more than a large piece of junk.”

“Heh, our final goal is control everything in this world with our own hands, regardless it being the Science Side or the Magic Side. If the world has been cleansed thoroughly and only useless building blocks remain, even if we rule that kind of world it would be meaningless. So now let us do our part for this bit of charity.”

- So maybe what they meant wasn't Telesma specifically, but went it changed it's form into something similar to an Angel's body?
Old 2010-11-26, 13:23   Link #6653
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Quite the opposite, it's the Third Arm that would disintegrate after using it a certain number of times. With the Knowledge from Index's 103 000 grimoires, that weakness has been remove. I guess if he obtains Touma's right hand, it would seal the deal.
It would disappear permanently?

I see, I knew that the Third Arm would disintegrate, but I thought if Fiamma used Holy Right with his normal right hand, when he passed the limit, his hand would disintegrate and the power would be gone and that the Third Arm was there to allow for multiple uses.

Old 2010-11-26, 19:31   Link #6654
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Holy Right is not contained in Fiamma's right hand in the first place. He uses that power by manifesting it as a third arm.

By using Index's knowledge, he can lock his third arm in a state right before it disintegrate, but still wouldn't be able to maintain it in a perfect state. So his third arm is a fuzzy illusion like hand. It is until he absorbs Touma's right arm that it become a stable hand with an actual form.

And no, Holy Right will not just disappear, Fiamma is naturally born with the Holy Right, the power is inseparable from him.
Old 2010-11-26, 20:02   Link #6655
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
And no, Holy Right will not just disappear, Fiamma is naturally born with the Holy Right, the power is inseparable from him.
Then what does Aleister want by lobbing off Fiamma's right arm? Or was that just a simple attack?
Old 2010-11-26, 21:23   Link #6656
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Then what does Aleister want by lobbing off Fiamma's right arm? Or was that just a simple attack?
he said his plans were similar to fiammas so im guessing using his right arm to hold something.

U know touma and fiamma should be given their own class. They have holy right hands and siants are for those equal to angels i believe so how bout sons of god.Idk if u have and idea please share
Old 2010-11-26, 22:10   Link #6657
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post

U know touma and fiamma should be given their own class. They have holy right hands and siants are for those equal to angels i believe so how bout sons of god.Idk if u have and idea please share
You have it the other way around, it's the Saints that can be labeled as 'Sons of God', or rather grandsons.

I refer to Imagine Breaker and Holy Right as "Power of the Right Hand", a natural born ability with symbolic ties to the Right Hand. This is separate from the Officially recognized Gemstones, and abilities that a natural-magic-related like the Saints or Valkyries.

Comically, that could also be read as "Right hand users" or "Right Handers".
Old 2010-11-26, 22:31   Link #6658
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
You have it the other way around, it's the Saints that can be labeled as 'Sons of God', or rather grandsons.

I refer to Imagine Breaker and Holy Right as "Power of the Right Hand", a natural born ability with symbolic ties to the Right Hand. This is separate from the Officially recognized Gemstones, and abilities that a natural-magic-related like the Saints or Valkyries.

Comically, that could also be read as "Right hand users" or "Right Handers".
Thanks for correction. Though even though they r the only right hand users so far they both have powers that need them to be channeled. Also so far in speculations these powers belong to powerful entity's.
Old 2010-11-27, 01:09   Link #6659
tsunade666

No, the users of the power of the right hand are actually normal people are aren't gifted by god. Refers to the fight of Touma and Fiamma. When those two are fighting it's like watching 2 normal people fight. Because the bodies of those two are normal. They aren't gifted by the body of god which the saints had or genius level of mana refinement that can strengthen their own body to move faster than the speed of sound. The example of that are the princess of france and england and also the night leader.

If you compare the movements of the other magicians with Fiamma and Touma. They are normal people with the exception of the power of their right hand.
Old 2010-11-27, 02:27   Link #6660
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
To vent his own anger, literally. Aleister is upset that Fiamma has caused so much mass.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen