AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-25, 21:31   Link #81
Iron Maw
Banned

That could very much be the case, though I don't think the average person would make the connection between BD and FF until they actually played the game. Ultimately, part of BD's success is that it filled the desperate need for a traditional RPG experience that 3DS was lacking, FF or not IMO.

BTW, it looks like a browser based spin-off is coming. Seems to be a semi-sequel:
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/25...endo-3ds-game/
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/23...with-3ds-game/

"Brage" is Japanese shorthand for "browser game".
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 18:46   Link #82
Iron Maw
Banned

Some good news for localization:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201210/26023356.html

New Interview.
Quote:
Q. So, today you announced the 'Bravely Default Praying Brage' browser game, but I'd like to ask you about a sequel to the 3DS game, if that's alright?

Asano: Indeed, right. We're not yet at the stage where I can talk about anything specifically, but we are continuing preparations.

Q. It's been 2 weeks since the 3DS version's release. Many stores have sold out and the game is receiving high praise. What is your reaction to this, Mr. Asano?

Asano: I have no greater reaction than this. We have received many tweets on Twitter from fans saying 'Thank you for making this game,' and 'Please make a sequel' so that's very encouraging for us.

Q. Mr. Yamauchi, what kind of things do you hope for the future of Praying Brage? What would you like from it?

Yamauchi: At the moment I'd like to make a browser game that is worthy of the 'Bravely Default' name. However, I'd also like to release it in overseas markets. I've always been involved with Asia, but this time I'd like to take this game to Europe.

Q: So, regarding a foreign release of the 3DS game you previously said via the game's official twitter that you '[had] yet to think about it.'

Asano: Indeed, I did. I'm still considering a good method to create a localization that preserves the interesting parts of the original, but I haven't come up with anything yet.

Q. So you could localize the Bravely Default: Praying Brage game first, develop some interest and then the 3DS version.....

Asano: That would be a good chain of events if we could do it, wouldn't it.
Which pretty confirms that really is interest (and some effort) in bringing it over internationally.

Also there is a "real" sequel being planned:
http://www.japanator.com/square-enix...-2-27129.phtml
Old 2012-10-29, 20:21   Link #83
Mateus

Well now I just need to get a 3DS....
Old 2012-12-06, 13:01   Link #84
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Good news for North America/Europe(?): Square Enix Registers 'All The Bravest' Trademark
Quote:
Japanese video game developer Square Enix trademarked the name "All The Bravest" in North America and Europe. The name was registered for "computer game software, video game software, and general entertainment." The company also registered the domain names AllTheBravest.com and AllTheBravest.net on November 29.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 21:54   Link #85
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Good news for North America/Europe(?): Square Enix Registers 'All The Bravest' Trademark
Co-could this be?!

Though I already finished the game myself. (´・ω・)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 15:54   Link #86
Iron Maw
Banned

Not going to put too much stocking into this until something more concrete comes out.
Old 2013-03-06, 10:03   Link #87
Iron Maw
Banned

So yeah it looks like it's most likely coming.

Second tweet
Old 2013-03-06, 13:26   Link #88
lordkas

I want to believe but this is SE and I dont trust them
lordkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 13:39   Link #89
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

These days I assume these companies are lying just to be cruel until I am actually playing the game in English.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 15:55   Link #90
Folenfant
Banned

Looks like corporate speak for "please continue to show an interest in Square Enix products". Nothing in that text leads me to believe they have any intention of an international release so much as trying to do some PR about themselves. Other than FFXIV nothing is known as to what Square Enix is up to internationally. I think its time to face the reality that Square Enix has gone full blown EA Style in America. Big graphics, big advertising , Big hype, social gaming, all of which amounts to broken crappy rushed products and no room for anything as humble and good old fashioned fun as Bravely Default looks.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 16:34   Link #91
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
Looks like corporate speak for "please continue to show an interest in Square Enix products". Nothing in that text leads me to believe they have any intention of an international release so much as trying to do some PR about themselves. Other than FFXIV nothing is known as to what Square Enix is up to internationally. I think its time to face the reality that Square Enix has gone full blown EA Style in America. Big graphics, big advertising , Big hype, social gaming, all of which amounts to broken crappy rushed products and no room for anything as humble and good old fashioned fun as Bravely Default looks.
This makes zero sense.

Tweets are from the producer himself who has been pushing for overseas release for awhile. He wouldn't post anything if there was nothing happening. BDFF isn't even a large scale project and few people know about it's existance in the west, so SE gains nothing from what you're talking about nor, do they have history doing that.

FYI this info consides nicely with the recent SE Feb localization meeting (which happened on 20th) where there are rumblings of future projects heading here.
Old 2013-03-06, 16:54   Link #92
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

One thing's for sure: if Bravely Default does indeed come over to America, confirmation about it will likely take place sometime between now and E3.
Old 2013-03-06, 17:03   Link #93
Folenfant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
This makes zero sense.

Tweets are from the producer himself who has been pushing for overseas release for awhile. He wouldn't post anything if there was nothing happening. BDFF isn't even a large scale project and few people know about it's existance in the west, so SE gains nothing from what you're talking about nor, do they have history doing that.

FYI this info consides nicely with the recent SE Feb localization meeting (which happened on 20th) where there are rumblings of future projects heading here.
Wow they actually had something like that. Actual news about them doing stuff is rare so I've kind of just grown cynical towards the idea that anything is happening at the company at all. It feels like ages since they've had a non-ff or kingdom hearts release in north America (Nier is the only thing that springs to mind) so I guess news that anything is happening even if its just talks is encouraging.
Old 2013-04-04, 04:06   Link #94
Sides

Bravely Default localisation news! Source: siliconera
Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconera
During the Game Developers Conference, Siliconera was able to confirm with multiple trusted sources that Bravely Default: Flying Fairy will be localized for English-speaking audiences.
YaY!
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 22:41   Link #95
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Now I have to buy a 3DS too fuck you Square-Enix
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 09:53   Link #96
Sides

100% confirmed!
Game will be out sometime in 2013 in Europe and 2014 in NA. Source: EU and NA Nintendo Direct from the 17/APR/2013.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 09:57   Link #97
Xagzan

Operation Braveheart, success.

What? That wasn't a thing?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 15:07   Link #98
Folenfant
Banned

When Nintendo announced their initiative to get key games overseas in order to help build the 3DS library even further I figured this would be one of the pieces to that puzzle. Nintendo pretty much saved this game from being another wasted opportunity by Square Enix who probably now won't get the full share of the cut from Europe and N sales. If this ends up a hit then it'll just be another hit to Square Enixs credibility in knowing how to appeal to Western gamers cause they seemed to feel it has no potential outside Japan.

Thank you Nintendo, this game looks fun and I'm glad I'll be able to add it to my library after all.
Old 2013-07-13, 16:01   Link #99
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Anyone playing the Japanese version? Just imported a 3DS XL and really enjoying the game. Slight twist in the turn based battle system and job system reminds me of FFIII but with more choice.

I'm looking for people to share FCs so I can revive the village though =)
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 11:20   Link #100
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Bravely Default: For the Sequel Announced For 3DS

Quote:
In the latest issue of Japan’s Jump magazine, Square Enix have announced an expanded version of Bravely Default: Flying Fairy for the Nintendo 3DS, and it’s releasing this fall.

The game, titled Bravely Default: for the Sequel, will include new story events, new controls, three save slots and additions to the battle system such as the ability to use an auto-mode for faster battles. Battle speed will be up to four times faster. The game will also have an option to pick a different difficulty level.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, bdff, bravely default, square-enix