AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-01-31, 22:20   Link #21
marvelB

Geez, the chapter ending being a result of Luffy's foresight is so insanely plausible that it may as well be considered a spoiler, lol. I doubt that means observation haki will turn into some Naruto-type genjutsu wankfest, though. Oda isn't really the type to focus extensively on mind-rapey stuff after all, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
All of Bigmom's children have some oversized or redudant parts on their body. Oversized mouth, legs, tongues, arms, belly, hip, ...
Well, remember that part of the reason for the Charlotte family's varied appearances is because they're literally a mix of different races. Heck, even siblings from the same pregnancy look radically different from each other (I mentioned before that Katakuri, Daifuku, and Oven were triplets... and I'm guessing it's the same case with Smoothie and her long-legged sisters this chapter). Yep, Linlin's family are truly a diverse bunch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
I wonder what the straw hats bounties would be after this. Sanji may finally surpass Zoro's bounty.
Personally, I still kinda like the idea of Usopp having the third-highest bounty in the crew, heh. But yeah, being related to a royal family who was prepared to betray the WG for an alliance with a yonkou certainly does sound like a good impetus for a fat bounty hike, doesn't it....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-31, 22:59   Link #22
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Geez, the chapter ending being a result of Luffy's foresight is so insanely plausible that it may as well be considered a spoiler, lol. I doubt that means observation haki will turn into some Naruto-type genjutsu wankfest, though. Oda isn't really the type to focus extensively on mind-rapey stuff after all, heh.
One of the things One Piece does excellently is how it focuses and depicts each character's power, while staying plausible. It's nice to discover new quirks and devil fruit abilities and how the users use them. Naruto, on the other hand, focused the entire first half of shippuden on genjutsu wankfest, as you said, but the latter half is more like insane, mountain leveling, railgun-ish jutsus.

Quote:
Well, remember that part of the reason for the Charlotte family's varied appearances is because they're literally a mix of different races. Heck, even siblings from the same pregnancy look radically different from each other (I mentioned before that Katakuri, Daifuku, and Oven were triplets... and I'm guessing it's the same case with Smoothie and her long-legged sisters this chapter). Yep, Linlin's family are truly a diverse bunch...
Looks like I missed when you said that. But even so, accurate depictions of human anatomy was never a strong forte of One Piece (If it does exist)

Quote:
Personally, I still kinda like the idea of Usopp having the third-highest bounty in the crew, heh. But yeah, being related to a royal family who was prepared to betray the WG for an alliance with a yonkou certainly does sound like a good impetus for a fat bounty hike, doesn't it....?
Yeah, joining with Bege to assassinste Big Mom, which could potentially destroy the Yonkou balance, recruiting a former Shichibukai into the Strawhats, relations with the notorious family of assassins, possibly defeating the more-than-1-billion bounty Katakuri. Yep, fat bounty hike for the crew indeed Dressrosa is nothing compared to this.

But seriously, One Piece still has a very long way to go. I mean, we are still fighting the first Yonkou, there are 3 more, not to mention the Revolutionary and the Marines. One Piece is basically as old as me, and even more than some on this website. I just hope that Oda does not overexert himself and dies before it's finished, like Kaze no Stigma.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-31, 23:51   Link #23
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

why did oda reserve that last frame to show a laughing girl? any significance to it?
Old 2018-02-01, 02:10   Link #24
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
^I think in the next chapter Oda will show us that this was Luffy's vision of the future and this will be the moment he manages to over power Katakuri(probably )
Personally I'm more expecting Luffy to awaken his DF and heal his wound with his powers. Similar like his opponent creates Mochi mass everywhere. But we will see. The wound isn't this bad at all; we've seen worse I think.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-02, 00:47   Link #25
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Akainu: Yo. *worse than this*