Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-13, 06:15   Link #10521
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
Good for you, does it really require gold just to convert those excess experience into a free experience?
Yes. You do however receive an anemic amount of free XP for every battle. So technically, one could research an entire line of tanks with free XP even if they didn't spend a single cent on the game, they just need to have had a *lot* of battles. Converting the XP with gold just speeds up the process significantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Save it for the Japanese line. The medium line seems like a headache waiting to happen at low levels.
Depends on how good the tanks are. I know next to nothing about them at the moment, except that a lot of them are really ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I tried to install the EU November 8 Field of Poppies hangar a couple of different ways and it didn't work. I suppose I'll just wait until it reverts to its normal form and try again.
It works, just not when a "special" hangar like the current Armistice Day one is active. I got it working before then for example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
This is what my garage looks like if anyone's curious:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
And my wn7 is finally blue
Congrats on the blue. MUP currently has 3 blue players (Ute, Mendoukusai and me) and one purple player (Quox). We hope to get better.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 06:16   Link #10522
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
You know, Leo, those last few games we had with Dai actually saved my yesterday's stats. I was actually above 50% in win rate(the only day out of the 3 with above 50% win rate), despite how I drove my T32 straight into the water and drowned after the game started...
Those few games represented probably the best (if not the most memorable) segment of the 5x weekend. Also, sometime in the near future I will be composing a prosal work to go with that one round on Sand River where we defeated the unciums.

Quote:
Edit: I'd also like to share my n00b mistake from yesterday. Apparently permatracking T110E3 from the side will not do damage. The tank's sideview is longer than the hull's hitbox so the shell won't touch the HP of the tank at all even if you shoot the big frontal wheels from the side. I actually thought it was a good way to guarantee tracking and damage, but apparently it's not for all tanks.
This is good to know.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 07:29   Link #10523
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Congrats on the blue. MUP currently has 3 blue players (Ute, Mendoukusai and me) and one purple player (Quox). We hope to get better.
... Wait, I don't count? I may be off due to my thesis, but don't I count for much anymore? XD
Old 2013-11-13, 07:30   Link #10524
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
... Wait, I don't count? I may be off due to my thesis, but don't I count for much anymore? XD
blue overall

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 08:22   Link #10525
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
The Medium III is the only tank I have ever completely refused to play and free exp'd past. After suffering through the previous 2 I had just 0 desire to even try it. And I even stuck with the Lee for both the M4 and T1.
Medium III is a good tank. I played like a sniper, better keep distance and don`t go in frontline. Always apply a camo paint. Last time I played that tank, I got 4 kills with it!

Funny things happened today, in the first game I killed 5 players with PzII
How did it happen? I angled the tank well and they tried to focus fire me which unfortunately for them all their shots bounced off. While the shots were bouncing off, I killed a Medium II first because of it`s high pen gun. Second and Third is the T7(x2). Fourth is Pz III A and lastly a T18. In the end my team and I lost, because the capping Loyd GC TD moded me, I did not expected him to be there. Still though it`s good game with a score of 14-15.

Second game is not very much. I killed 4 tanks with T18 using a derp and camo net

Third game nothing special to say since I scouted and voila I spotted 5 tanks in Tank Company. Man I gladly came out alive

I think I~m gonna put 4 out of 5 Hellcat crew a Camo skill as the second skill perk for good performance(and near invicible) while the commander has the 6th Sense. The first skill/perk is the BIA. Did I make a right set up?

The only tank I refuse to play is the damn M3 Lee, because of technicalities
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 09:49   Link #10526
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
blue overall
Well, if we want to include 60-day WN7, we have 8(!) purple players including Myssa, and 5 blue players. RWBladewing is close to being a blue 60-day player, so hopefully that'll make him feel good.
Old 2013-11-13, 10:28   Link #10527
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
RWBladewing is close to being a blue 60-day player, so hopefully that'll make him feel good.
Lies, all lies. I am potato through and through. That statistics search engine you're looking at is clearly photoshopped. Clearly. (Don't say that doesn't even make sense. My potato-ness defies reality and logic.)
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 10:32   Link #10528
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
[Re: Japan] Depends on how good the tanks are. I know next to nothing about them at the moment, except that a lot of them are really ugly.
This game has encouraged a certain degree of appreciation regarding how the back of a tank looks...

Quote:
It works, just not when a "special" hangar like the current Armistice Day one is active. I got it working before then for example:
Good to know... maybe a little annoying to wait, since WG has kept some of the special garages active for weeks at a time.

Quote:
Well, if we want to include 60-day WN7, we have 8(!) purple players including Myssa, and 5 blue players. RWBladewing is close to being a blue 60-day player, so hopefully that'll make him feel good.
My overall WN7 is just barely over 1500, to make me blue. My performance numbers over the past 60 days also show a drop in the 30-day numbers compared to the 60-day and 1-week numbers because two weeks ago I was trying to grind through SPGs and consequently sabotaging my accuracy and damage rates. (Ah, waiting for a target to stop, waiting for the aiming circle to close, waiting to be loaded... RNG causes miss anyway.)

On the other hand, starting a bunch of other new vehicles does not appear to have hurt my numbers at all. It helps that they're almost all TDs and I'm heavily-invested in camouflage in every way possible.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 11:26   Link #10529
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
This game has encouraged a certain degree of appreciation regarding how the back of a tank looks...
Quit starin' at my ass.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 11:38   Link #10530
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

^^It`s do or die mate, but it`s not funny starin` at my ass just to know every damn weak spot. I always do that every time I encounter a tank that I don`t know where the weak spots are..I was trying to study it the weak spot lol. I wonder what could have my team said once I put on the mic on?(Better get a decent mic before xmas)

I must climb the ladder soon to get the E3 and E4 American TDs because I feel I wanna join clan wars unfortunately I dont have Hellcat yet. If I cant play the M3 Lee damn well, I`ll go for the American Autoloaders since it`s less pain during the grind and they have a good accuracy

@Tempester: you mind giving me a virtual frying pan? And thank you for answering that question.
Old 2013-11-13, 11:45   Link #10531
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
If I cant play the M3 Lee damn well, I`ll go for the American Autoloaders since it`s less pain during the grind and they have a good accuracy.
The problem though is they're finicky machines throughout the line. The T21 is undergunned and under-armored, the T71 has scout MM, and the tanks from T69 onward rely on their premium rounds to reliably damage opponents of their tier and above.
Old 2013-11-13, 11:51   Link #10532
Gravitas Free Zone

Also, that line does annoying things to your crew by going from medium (M7) to light (T21 and T71 (with the bonus here of dropping two crew)), then back to medium (T69 and T54E1) and then heavy (T57). Though that's fixable with applications of real cash.
Old 2013-11-13, 11:54   Link #10533
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
The problem though is they're finicky machines throughout the line. The T21 is undergunned and under-armored, the T71 has scout MM, and the tanks from T69 onward rely on their premium rounds to reliably damage opponents of their tier and above.
Oh okay. I was looking for right TD to use in CW..I think I`ve made a good choice by giving a run for E4 and E3 American TDs.

Since it`s midnight here in my country, I`ll get sleep now. G`night
Old 2013-11-13, 14:16   Link #10534
Sumeragi
Banned

I actually managed to survive the weekend with okay stats:

Talk about a miracle. The new laptop is certainly helping with things.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 15:52   Link #10535
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
@Tempester: you mind giving me a virtual frying pan? And thank you for answering that question.

You're welcome.
Old 2013-11-13, 16:01   Link #10536
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

No... no way you just took the time to make that... (・_・ヾ
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 18:03   Link #10537
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
No... no way you just took the time to make that... (・_・ヾ
Eh, what's ten minutes?

Old 2013-11-13, 18:24   Link #10538
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

... so you found the same frying pan, but at a different angle? Such dedication.

You guys are hilarious.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 18:31   Link #10539
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
... so you found the same frying pan, but at a different angle? Such dedication.

You guys are hilarious.
Similar, but different.

Old 2013-11-13, 20:48   Link #10540
LeoXiao
思想工作

None of those compare to the king of pans: the IS-3's turret.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks