AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-04-25, 01:33   Link #7601
amtro
Distro

Vol 12 was at the very top of the monthly ranking for bookwalker. Make of that what you will.
Old 2018-04-25, 06:29   Link #7602
kidstandout
From Russia With Love

It was also 3rd on oricon rankings in its first week. High rankings Dont indicate high sales, hard numbers do.

https://bookwalker.jp/rank/
The monthly rankings update as the month progresses and its now at tenth. Rakudai is right underneath it at 13 despite being out since about a week.
kidstandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 11:06   Link #7603
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Vol 12 was at the very top of the monthly ranking for bookwalker. Make of that what you will.
I'd like to think that Shinmai Maou will start a trend for other LN authors to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
I'm not surprised. Cockblocking can only go to a certain extent before it gets too tiring. Sex sells, as the saying goes.
How many LN series actually end the way Shinmai Maou has, a true harem without the "door slams shut before you see how they all got along" ending?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
It was also 3rd on oricon rankings in its first week. High rankings Dont indicate high sales, hard numbers do.

https://bookwalker.jp/rank/
The monthly rankings update as the month progresses and its now at tenth. Rakudai is right underneath it at 13 despite being out since about a week.
Do you know how this system works? Does this mean that Shinmai is consistently outselling Rakudai over that time period?

Quote:
In addition Shinmai has sold 2,3 million over 12 volumes, consistently ranks highly in sales and creates a hell of a lot more threads on Japanese boards.
While interest in DxD has fizzled out over the years and it has sold 4,4 mill over 25 volumes and like 5 SS volumes.
Wow, Shinmai has actually managed to get more sales over time than the legendary Highschool DxD? That sounds like a real achievement on part of the author and the creative team backing him.

Quote:
Shinmai not getting another season has nothing to do with its popularity. On the contrary, it has to be with the content. It's simply too explicit to adapt.
Does that mean that what you said about the voice actresses who appeared at the live stage event claiming that they could take on pseudonyms for an 18+ OVA continuation of the series were only joking? If so, why even bring it up? Only one of the voice actresses in the SMnT cast has regularly voiced 18+ works before. The others might not be able to afford the possible negative press they could get if they started doing 18+ voice work, since I don't believe they have solid fanbases yet.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 12:12   Link #7604
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I'll answer if I may: that's Ililya Muromets from Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou. Great LN series. The girl in the avatar pic is also her.
Thank you very much! Strange that I can't find much fanart of her, though... =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I'd like to think that Shinmai Maou will start a trend for other LN authors to follow.

How many LN series actually end the way Shinmai Maou has, a true harem without the "door slams shut before you see how they all got along" ending?

Do you know how this system works? Does this mean that Shinmai is consistently outselling Rakudai over that time period?

Wow, Shinmai has actually managed to get more sales over time than the legendary Highschool DxD? That sounds like a real achievement on part of the author and the creative team backing him.

Does that mean that what you said about the voice actresses who appeared at the live stage event claiming that they could take on pseudonyms for an 18+ OVA continuation of the series were only joking? If so, why even bring it up? Only one of the voice actresses in the SMnT cast has regularly voiced 18+ works before. The others might not be able to afford the possible negative press they could get if they started doing 18+ voice work, since I don't believe they have solid fanbases yet.
Why did you delete your post on the previous page and repost it here? If no one replied to it...that just means no one wants to reply to it.
Old 2018-04-26, 21:56   Link #7605
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Why did you delete your post on the previous page and repost it here? If no one replied to it...that just means no one wants to reply to it.
I felt that I could have rephrased things better and take into account what some of the posters after me said.

Unfortunately, this forum doesn't have subforums for every series (unlike myanimelist) so side questions that don't interest many readers often get lost in the single threads devoted to most anime series here, unlike on MAL where side questions can get their own threads. However, I appreciate the experts here who do sometimes answer questions.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 08:00   Link #7606
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Still waiting for vol 11 and 12 translated...
Well, for "research" purpose...
Old 2018-04-27, 14:12   Link #7607
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Volume 7 is the last one completely translated, so the wait is going to be long.
Old 2018-04-27, 22:28   Link #7608
amtro
Distro

Crowdfunded vol 8 is almost done, another week or two and it'll be finished. Another TL reached out to me with the intent of translating the volumes (non-crowdfund).
Old 2018-05-27, 20:03   Link #7609
Blakegriffin89

Is Vol.12 for sure the last volume?? I was wondering since we haven't seen the girls' wedding or give birth. We also haven't seen Basara and his mother or mothers reunion. I feel that those 3 things are pretty important to the story, which is why I figured there would be at least 1 more volume to cover those 3 things.
Blakegriffin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-27, 22:40   Link #7610
SILENTANIMELOVER

Yeah, I heard the same thing.

Plus, any word on Hagure's return?
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-28, 12:44   Link #7611
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakegriffin89 View Post
Is Vol.12 for sure the last volume?? I was wondering since we haven't seen the girls' wedding or give birth. We also haven't seen Basara and his mother or mothers reunion. I feel that those 3 things are pretty important to the story, which is why I figured there would be at least 1 more volume to cover those 3 things.
In Magicka no kenshi
Spoiler for spoiler for ending:

The mother's thing, for me, is more deserving an extra volume.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-28, 16:58   Link #7612
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Shiba told Chisato that some of the girls were pregnant. And in Magika,
Spoiler:

Volume 12 is an After Story. Volume 11 is the final main story Volume.
Old 2018-05-29, 20:22   Link #7613
Blakegriffin89

So it was officially stated that Vol.12 was the last, not just speculation?? I would have really liked seeing Basara interacting with his mothers, as well as Basara's girls and his mothers. I bet that would have been very interesting, especially in Chisato's case. I just feel that this series could have used a more definitive ending.
Blakegriffin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 21:24   Link #7614
amtro
Distro

There's going to be an SS volume where they compile all the remaining shortstories from magazines, anime BDs etc. So there's a small, miniscule chance that they'll include the epilogue in it. But I honestly wouldn't count on it.
Old 2018-05-30, 12:54   Link #7615
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The same Epilogue we already have? It'd be great if the author gave us more info, like if Basara met his mothers or not and what happened if he did.

@Blakegriffin: Nope, sorry. It's not speculation.
Old 2018-05-30, 13:10   Link #7616
nagami

Just read the spoiler
nagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 19:26   Link #7617
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Hoping there IF story where Jin saved Angel mom and end up dying... then Basara meet his moms... And... Snusnu...
INCEST ftw... Lol...
Old 2018-05-31, 00:20   Link #7618
LeftSeven
2D artist

dudeee, you're too much into WN,
yet there's hxh academy for that though.
Old 2018-05-31, 03:28   Link #7619
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftSeven View Post
dudeee, you're too much into WN,
yet there's hxh academy for that though.
Not enough...
Old 2018-06-02, 12:58   Link #7620
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, I really hope Basara doesn't get into an incestuous relationship with either or both of his mothers. They should remain his mothers.

Tags
borderline hentai, fantasy, harem, magic, true harem