Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-03-15, 20:07   Link #81
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka' View Post
MC never attack anybody. So far only kiss and no sex/rape.
And he IS always on the position of receiving the kiss. orz
I mean rape in the story in general, like bandits rape villagers
sub-heroine raped by goblins
or something like that
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-15, 20:10   Link #82
Asuka'
Nin Nin

There are women raped by orcs in the very first arc. The actress were unknown villager A and B which captured by the orcs. Not showing any scene tho'.
Nothing at all for the rest of the arc.
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-04, 13:26   Link #83
Lionhaart

So isn't there any illustration for princess vihera @.@?
I have seen dark elf though (probably)
Lionhaart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-04, 13:30   Link #84
Lionhaart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka' View Post
And he IS always on the position of receiving the kiss. orz

Rei never kissed any heroine ? Really?
Old 2017-04-04, 20:18   Link #85
Asuka'
Nin Nin

No pic yet, the latest LN vol 8 take place around war vs vestire empire arc (chapter 250-300 in WN).
Vihera show up for the first time at WN chapter 370-530 (Maze City arc).

Dark elf
Spoiler:
Old 2017-04-05, 09:23   Link #86
watisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionhaart View Post
Rei never kissed any heroine ? Really?
He means Rei did not initiate the kiss. And yes, I think he never started a kiss.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 08:50   Link #87
Lionhaart

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
He means Rei did not initiate the kiss. And yes, I think he never started a kiss.
Yeah i was surprised about the fact that he never took initiative --" it's kinda suspicious

Btw dark elf sure looks nice ~
Old 2017-04-07, 09:33   Link #88
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Well his body is magically created, so i think something affectng his feeling or hormones. If i remember right he never feels dokidoki when kissed, i even doubt his junior ever harden when looking at prostitute oneesan at the sideroad.

And to top it the auhor made the body to be looks like 15 years old bishounen, while Reiji originally 17 years old. It's kinda pointless to reduce the already young mc age to be more younger
(other wn like deathmarch or ossan vrmmo turn a 30-40y/o guy into 15y/o boy body)
Old 2017-04-07, 13:27   Link #89
Lionhaart

Lol at least it's better than reincarnation of a weird creepy dude into child body *cough* mushoku tensei *cough*

something is wrong with his sensational drive specially when girls have to take initiative
Nevertheless he actually did feel embarrassed on his first kiss if I'm not misunderstanding (MT)

'-' story sure is slow paced and it's kinda not bad , Too much tension ruins everything
Old 2017-04-07, 21:58   Link #90
Kaito Yamakage

Yeah, Ray doesn't take the initiative very often, though he's acted on it in the case of the main heroine. The other two were the ones who kissed him and he just let them but didn't actively respond.

^ The entire plot of Mushoku Tensei wouldn't have worked with a high school bad ass. The whole concept of second chances doesn't work when you have someone who hates the fact that he reincarnated and spends the entire series looking for a way back to earth or doesn't train and just wants to live peacefully. Human God: HEY GUY IF YOU GO OVER HERE YOULL FIND 999999 GOLD COINS MC: Nope. Just going to peacefully tend to my farm and cows over here, fuck you.

Personally I hate the old guy reincarnations the most. About half of them they are like "I've already lived to 125 and had 50 children I'm just going to say fuck you to my current lifes parents and not breed at all until they're dead and I'm with women of my previous lifes age." It's on the same level but a different vector of sugar. The other half aren't too bad when they are at terms with the fact that they are a different person in isekai reincarnation.

Edit: also I think Ray was 20 or 23 in his previous life, pretty sure it wasnt 17. Though either way I would agree he seems to be lacking a bit on emotions/drive in his current body.
Old 2017-04-08, 03:13   Link #91
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
Yeah, Ray doesn't take the initiative very often, though he's acted on it in the case of the main heroine. The other two were the ones who kissed him and he just let them but didn't actively respond.

^ The entire plot of Mushoku Tensei wouldn't have worked with a high school bad ass. The whole concept of second chances doesn't work when you have someone who hates the fact that he reincarnated and spends the entire series looking for a way back to earth or doesn't train and just wants to live peacefully. Human God: HEY GUY IF YOU GO OVER HERE YOULL FIND 999999 GOLD COINS MC: Nope. Just going to peacefully tend to my farm and cows over here, fuck you.

Personally I hate the old guy reincarnations the most. About half of them they are like "I've already lived to 125 and had 50 children I'm just going to say fuck you to my current lifes parents and not breed at all until they're dead and I'm with women of my previous lifes age." It's on the same level but a different vector of sugar. The other half aren't too bad when they are at terms with the fact that they are a different person in isekai reincarnation.

Edit: also I think Ray was 20 or 23 in his previous life, pretty sure it wasnt 17. Though either way I would agree he seems to be lacking a bit on emotions/drive in his current body.
I'm pretty sure that in chapter 1 it was mentioned Reiji currently in highschool 2nd year summer vacation, which means he is 17 y/o.

---

For me oldman tensei is okay, but not if the story stayed to long in infant period, i hated those super baby mc.
As for mushoku tensei i didn't like it very much, even have negative point if i must score it, the whole story feels like super mario games, except they swap princess peach position with his mother.
Old 2017-04-08, 03:38   Link #92
ggyeti

^^ Most of the old dude ones are on the same level as stay as a kid forever reincarnations. I also never managed to really get into this one because how structureless it feels. Vermillion definitely does the whole adventure aspect a lot better and isn't as soulless . Thats the main reason I also dislike death march in the sense that the adventure part which is one of the main factors in these types of novels just feels so bland.
ggyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 06:59   Link #93
Kaito Yamakage

^^ Hey it's been 2 years since I read chapter 1 of this series. Apparently I've read too many WNs.

^I won't disagree on this one feeling bland at times, I actually only started to like it after 300-600 chapters. Found the war/labyrinth arcs most interesting, adventuring in this one is just kind of aimless. I think part of it is the fact that the author doesn't write more than 500 characters per chapter since it's a series meant to be read on cellphone daily. It really takes bulk to connect together.

I wasn't a fan of vermillion. It wasn't a bad series, but I only rarely get into the mood for the us vs the world series. They are like one step below angst types to me. When an author makes every series of event a tragedy I just want to say if you can barely survive on a daily basis just go make a farm somewhere, adventuring is not cut out for you. Vermillion wasn't that bad but a lot of the atmosphere just felt like there were eternal dark clouds casted over the world they were in.

(In general there's a pretty fine balance between the rate of which the author brings perils upon the characters and the rate of overwhelming their enemies to keep a series interesting. A lot of people seem to like series where the characters are in constant danger but those just tire me out so I prefer ones where they are OP as fuck. Danger/tragedy is okay and really needed but only some of the time.)

I also don't care for the 500 chapters as a child ones as well, though at least in those there's hint that they'll eventually go for their harem members and the bigger problem is almost all of them slow in releases before it reaches that point. The old man ones they have to make it known at every instance that they aren't interested in women below 40 even though they're currently 15 and quite a few have gone to completion without changing that. I have also read a couple of exceptions to the child rule which were good but almost no exceptions for the old men.

I stopped death march primarily because the OP factor in that case was always in MCs favor, no matter how inflated his enemies appear to be there is no challenge and despite that the way his age is portrayed irks me. If you're going to make him look 15 or younger make his actions rejuvenate as well not to mention no characters in the series point this out. I do plan to finish it when it finishes though just not good enough IMO to keep up with.
Old 2017-04-08, 07:38   Link #94
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Haha, I just read this last month, so it still quite fresh in the memory.

500 chapter as a child is nightmare, I won't ever touch any wn like that.

For OP factor I quite like them, especially in death march and re;monster because the mc there know what he could do with his op-ness.
Sometimes I found WN with op MC but he just acting like a retard, hiding the OP-ness is okay but I hate it when the mc always put himself in the position of "the fool", this kind of novel quickly dissappear from my list.

As for tragedy and farm, I like them too, but to be precise the world building is the one that interest me. For example town cheat or charging magic with smile.
Old 2017-04-08, 11:07   Link #95
ggyeti

^^Exactly and this is probably one of the main reasons it won't click with me. Well with the style its written and beng bloated isn't exactly exclusive to this work alone but still, like you mentioned the adventure being aimless-This is very common nowadays at narou right? There are some that have twists and relavations about the MC, the world or whatever but most of the time there's not even that and its purely aimless adventure where the MC feels like a tourist, just an observer of that world, not part of it although he technically is.

I was also fond of MCs being granted complete freedom at first, being in charge of their own fate but the way some authors use that feels very cheap. Like you make a good point about Death March, the MC being overwhelming and his age portrayal, but even without that just look at his choices and the thought process that some people call 'adult' mindset or whatever. The way I see it, it's just playing it very very safe + the hypocrisy of MCs actions. But I guess that aspect is what managed to pull people in.
Now imagine him being bound by something, controlled by something other than his own ego even if that person is ridiculously OP(which I'm also not a fan of) and even without there being any kind of balance like you also mentioned, the journey itself might not turn out to be so aimless afterall, so boring.

I do see your point about tragedy and and the atmosphere which might turn some people off though don't agree about vermillion and its direction.
Quote:
I just want to say if you can barely survive on a daily basis just go make a farm somewhere, adventuring is not cut out for you
^That won't be an adventure anymore now won't it? That is where many of those aimless adventures also end up as and some novels do this with bait and switch when its not necessary at all and ruins any potential that story could've had.
Might not be a good example but take Kokugensou. Imagine if the events really unfolded as the MC was told in the begining and he kept on working as a farmboy all his life, and the novel actually describing that, how incredibly dull would that be right? Though indeed good balance is always for the best.
ggyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 11:23   Link #96
Asuka'
Nin Nin

IMO farmboy with cheat are interesting to read, for example town cheat and Juunen goshi no Hikkineet. It have farming and adventuring as one of the main objective.

But forget it if the story is totally about farming with retard mc and no magic *cough* 40 oku *cough*.
Old 2017-04-08, 13:20   Link #97
Lionhaart

Quote:

Now that you have mentioned it, I do recall reading some manga and novels where mc just wanna go back and it's kinda stupid, like seriously author???? The whole idea of reincarnation into new world is famous because people want to run away from reality , they wanna live in magical world or ATLEAST they wish for experiencing that kind of new world, but authors these days just copy paste popular reincarnation theme and set the goal into "returning on earth" and it completely ruins everything for me.

Tbh I'm not picky, I'm fine with kids or old man taking role of protagonist , if mushoku tensei mc wasn't pervert I would have added that novel in my "favorites list"
Old 2017-04-09, 05:26   Link #98
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Well, previous incarnation was not a matter IMO, i just don't like when in current life the story using mc's infant/little kid period as the main time window. For example no fatique, super baby wtf, 3y/o baby modify his body using magic to looks like a teenager.
Old 2017-04-29, 20:59   Link #99
Ratedhook522

What chapter does arc 11 begin on?
Ratedhook522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 22:22   Link #100
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratedhook522 View Post
What chapter does arc 11 begin on?
0258-0305 War vs Vestire Empire