The 1st offcial trailer.

Old 2015-12-11, 23:20   Link #2
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
The 1st offcial trailer.

I think the cover image for the trailer kind of hits on one little issue I had with the trailer. Too much Jennifer Lawrence, not enough Mystique. I'm sorry, but aren't we completely going backwards on her character development? Look at how much she accepts who she is and what she really looks like.....as she spends the whole time disguising herself . I mean I get it, she's a popular actress (though I don't care about her), but come on.

Anyways the trailer itself looks good. I did kind of forget this was coming out with all the awesome attention given to Civil War and Batman v Superman. But hey, I'm definitely looking forward to this. Apocalypse looks great and I think they'll have some great tension with that guy as the star villain.
Old 2015-12-12, 00:48   Link #3
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Looks like it is very promising stuff. It's also nice to see a younger Jean Grey, a younger Scott Summers, Storm, and the Nightcrawler joining the group. If what Flareknight said turns out to be true, the showdown with Apocalypse will be one to remember because of the tension, especially with the "Four Horsemen" alongside Apocalypse.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2015-12-12 at 02:59.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-12, 01:34   Link #4
monster

They were probably intending for a more serious reaction with that last scene, but I just chuckled. All of that hype throughout the trailer just to see Charles be bald at the end (unless I missed it earlier in the trailer).
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-12, 03:50   Link #5
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
They were probably intending for a more serious reaction with that last scene, but I just chuckled. All of that hype throughout the trailer just to see Charles be bald at the end (unless I missed it earlier in the trailer).
Awesome! Someone who actually had the exact same reaction I did . I'm sorry to the actor but....I just chuckled. All the intensity in the trailer and then....that. I know the character goes bald, but...he does not make bald work for him.
Old 2015-12-12, 23:24   Link #6
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Well, the last time I've seen someone goes bald, he ended up destroying most of his enemies with one punch. Maybe he is trying to imitate that?
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 21:53   Link #7
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

New trailer

Old 2016-03-19, 09:49   Link #8
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Consider me quite intrigued. Also young Jean Grey. <3
Old 2016-03-21, 22:47   Link #9
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Looks pretty solid.

Glad we got a bit of actual Mystique in the movie (though honestly I wish they'd just recast her).

Apocalypse should be an awesome villain.
Old 2016-04-25, 11:52   Link #10
Galaxian

Final trailer...

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That ending...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 21:21   Link #11
larethian

I saw Psylocke.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 23:50   Link #12
Wandering Soul

So Quicksliver figured out that Magneto is his father.
Old 2016-05-19, 08:42   Link #13
larethian

9Saw movie. Am not impressed at all. It was not sucky like F4 but nothing outstanding either.

Edit: ok there's one aspect that sucked. Attempted humor only stole 1 or 2 chuckles from the audience. Were the jokes bad or directing or writing or placement bad? I cant even tell.
Old 2016-05-19, 11:09   Link #14
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Is it better than BvS?
Old 2016-05-19, 11:58   Link #15
larethian

I didn't watch that. I'm ok with DC superhero films but not a fan to catch every one of them.

I might be a bit critical, since the last Marvel superhero film I watched was Civil war, and I find it to be a lot better than Apocalypse (MCU shows > XCU shows).

Overall, story-telling was not very compelling. Characterization was not very deep and there is no focus in anything. There's no feel of freshness. It feels like just a movie of mutants coming together to fight supervillian Apocalypse and his recruits. Except some really shallow setting information of this and that, you don't really learn much new things about the characters and I find it hard to empathize. I don't even care why certain mutants were fighting at Apocalypse's side because the show didn't want to make me care. (edit: ok, the only one I cared about was Magneto actually and only in the first half).

I think the main problem was there's no focus in anything. Even though X-Men films typically have large castings, they could have chosen a few areas or relationships and give them a little more focus.

edit 2: I just read some of above posts. And I think FlareKnight got it right. Some of the developed characters seem to go backward. It's fine if they are taking a back seat to develop some 'new' characters, but it didn't happen.

Last edited by larethian; 2016-05-19 at 12:09.
Old 2016-05-19, 16:04   Link #16
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Overall, story-telling was not very compelling. Characterization was not very deep and there is no focus in anything. There's no feel of freshness. It feels like just a movie of mutants coming together to fight supervillian Apocalypse and his recruits. Except some really shallow setting information of this and that, you don't really learn much new things about the characters and I find it hard to empathize. I don't even care why certain mutants were fighting at Apocalypse's side because the show didn't want to make me care. (edit: ok, the only one I cared about was Magneto actually and only in the first half).
I had a feeling that Psylocke and Archangel were only there to please die hard X-Men fans and would basically be this film's equivalent to Gambit and Deadpool in Origins: Wolverine (seriously, what is wrong with Fox doing Psylocke right?).
Old 2016-05-19, 16:10   Link #17
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post

I think the main problem was there's no focus in anything. Even though X-Men films typically have large castings, they could have chosen a few areas or relationships and give them a little more focus.

edit 2: I just read some of above posts. And I think FlareKnight got it right. Some of the developed characters seem to go backward. It's fine if they are taking a back seat to develop some 'new' characters, but it didn't happen.
Is it just me, or does this feel almost exactly like how one could/would describe the plot of X3?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-19, 16:42   Link #18
Freeter
beyond

So from the sound of things, it seems Singer would be wise to distance himself from any association with this turd.

I still remember the initial trailer for DOFP with the crawl: "From the Director of X-Men and The Usual Suspects", as if Superman Returns never happened (then again, Zack Snyder might pull the same stunt and list only 300 and Watchmen for his next pic )
Old 2016-05-19, 20:44   Link #19
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So how is Sophie Turner doing an American accent?

And are there any after credits scene?
Old 2016-05-19, 21:12   Link #20
larethian

^^^ Tbh, X3 is not very memorable and I can't remember much but at least has some focus in Jean going Phoenix? Apocalypse was just all over the place when it comes to characters. Initially I thought some focus was going to be on Scott since some of his hardships were shown, but the focus didn't happen. Something happened later that's supposed to give some feels, but impact is so weak with zero background that you don't feel any serious suffering except watch someone on screen screaming Nooooo!

All in all, it's by no means a crappy show like F4 reboot. Objectively I would give a 5/10 for it, 6/10 as a fanboy seeing the different X-Men using their superpowers on screen.

^ I think she's fine. After credits yes, though those not acquainted with comic material will not understand anything. It's basically a foreshadow of future involvement of
Spoilers
Spoiler for after credits foreshadow
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?