AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 16 11.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 20.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 31.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 29 21.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 8.89%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.48%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.74%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.48%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-25, 00:35   Link #21
Sakuya
*Artist

This was a pretty good episode. I had a feeling that a Tomoe x Shizuru would be coming home because Tomoe rescues Shizuru but I would never have imagined they'd go this far! Poor Natsuki. I wonder if Natsuki and Shizuru will fight later on?

It was really touching to see Mashiro affected by Midori's leader qualities. And, we have been tricked yet again with a few-second footage of Fia Gross in action. What's with Sunrise's constant skipping of action scenes in MH and MO?!

As for Mikoto, I can't wait for her to appear in the next episode. But if human Mikoto is the Harmonium guardian person, then the Mikoto cat is purely a cat? Split personalities for Mikoto! But it was a pretty nice pun to have human Mikoto appear in a room with cat statues. They should have Mai come in soon. It'd be a waste if she only appears in one episode.
Old 2006-02-25, 00:42   Link #22
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
And those who are complaining about Shizuru's "image" being ruined because she is being "unfaithful"... Get over it!

Shizuru is a POW right now! There are certain things one needs to do to survive, and she is doing what she had to do. Tomoe isn't crazy enough to think Shizuru actually loves her, and neither does she care. Tomoe just wants to own Shizuru, to have her. If Shizuru resists, Tomoe is capable of literally anything to pull her into line.

Shizuru isn't going to be any good to Natsuki if she dies. Those who worry about dogmatic principles and sacrificed the big picture because of it would be missing the point. Shizuru is an adult. If she needs to turn her brain off for a few minutes while Tomoe have her way with her, that's what she would have to do.

Revenge, sweet revenge, would come later.

Yes, totally agree with Vallen Chaos. Natsuki is certainly going to kick her Arse when she finds out. I can't wait.

Some people are being overly paranoid....funny though, I thought I would be one of them but this episode just strengthened my faith in SHizuru and Natsuki even more.

...*sigh*...nice to be back after a brief hiatus

--Lone Wolf
Old 2006-02-25, 01:28   Link #23
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
It is pretty funny that a village in a cave with rock and rock can burn that much O,o
Old 2006-02-25, 01:32   Link #24
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
When there's a will there's a way

Eitherway, the revelations about Nina's past, Arika's, and Mashiro is making people even more confused as to whose the real princess.

And Tomoe, man oh man, she must've been on cloud nine or something. I wonder though, is she actually authorized to release her and then hide her or something? I'm just curious.
Old 2006-02-25, 02:29   Link #25
GracefulAmethyst
Meister Otome Arika

Send a message via AIM to GracefulAmethyst Send a message via MSN to GracefulAmethyst Send a message via Yahoo to GracefulAmethyst
Lightbulb Shizuru the smart lesbianXD

In my point of view Shizuru is just using altirior Motives for letting Tomoe Bang her or w.e she does to her.. Shizuru not only beautiful but intellgent indeed .. this is all some sort of BACKup and therefore she'll need to manipulate Tomoe, using her obsession* to her Advantage to get herself outta there, and find out the true wherabouts of natsuki.. i dont think she buys tomoe's bULL..
but anyways... Im hoping Yukino stops being all wussy and helps out Garderobe(Windbloom) and i'm dieing to see how chie will handle her new *fake persona* i assume she wont be acting like her usual self.. all according to her plans to infultrate and Find info on the Valkaryies/NEW gems.

Last edited by GracefulAmethyst; 2006-02-25 at 02:32. Reason: mispellings
Old 2006-02-25, 02:41   Link #26
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
What's with Sunrise's constant skipping of action scenes in MH and MO?!
I think they've done well to balance it. Mai Otome isn't really a 'fight of the week' anime... there's just too much going on to dedicate time to long fights. The fights we've seen so far have been short and sweet. The only really dissapointing fight, to me, was Natsuki / Shizuru versus Aswald. Barely 20 seconds long, and half of that was recycled footage.

Back on topic... um... go Tomoe? I'm sure she'll get destroyed, and I'll rejoice when she does, because she deserves it. But I want to want her to die. Before this episode, I've just been sort of meh. I'm getting the feeling that Tomoe may end up getting enough attention to become a truely hateable person, like Nagi
Old 2006-02-25, 03:24   Link #27
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremalkinger
I think they've done well to balance it. Mai Otome isn't really a 'fight of the week' anime... there's just too much going on to dedicate time to long fights. The fights we've seen so far have been short and sweet. The only really dissapointing fight, to me, was Natsuki / Shizuru versus Aswald. Barely 20 seconds long, and half of that was recycled footage.
Well, while I agree that it isn't a *shounen-type anime w/ loads of fights*, MH definately had MUCH more fights than MO...

And, I believe its abit hard to pull off the series in another 6 episodes with a *satisfactory ending*, when:
1) Mikoto (human form) is _just_ introduced next episode.
2) Mai hasn't made her enterence yet.
3) The 2 other pillars (colums) have yet to make an appearence as well.
4) They have yet to reveal the real princess, daughter of Rena, and who the 3rd girl is (if she doesnt fall into he former 2 category).
5) MIYU and what the heck Arika is (golden hair and all).

Too much information, too little time to make it not feel rushed in 6 episodes.

On-topic: Pretty much a story-progressing episode. Shizuru X Tomoe was kinda expected, except the situation wasn't. Natsuki gets laughed at by Haruka - priceless.

PS: Whats with people spoiler-tagging information regarding this episode itself?
Old 2006-02-25, 03:52   Link #28
Lackadaisical

I find that idea of Tomoe as a possessive captor passingly amusing.

Tomoe is a teenager in love. Shizuru is infinitely more intelligent than Tomoe. There isn't any reason for Shizuru not to be able to manipulate Tomoe in any way she wished.

If Shizuru asked Tomoe and her friends to betray Artai and help her escape does anyone think Tomoe would refuse? Would Tomoe declare undying loyalty to Artai and her position as a Otome over her love for Shizuru? Tomoe knows it was Artai and Schwartz that imprisoned Shizuru. She may be willing to betray Garderobe and join Artai to gain the power to aid Shizuru but she wouldn't work against Shizuru as a member of Artai.

If Shizuru asks Tomoe to help her against Nagi, she would even if her new position as a Artai Otome means that fighting against Nagi would cause her death.

It has been mentioned that Tomoe knows that Shizuru won't return her affection.

How exactly does a fifteen year old hopelessly in love to the point of willingly joining the military of a invading nation just to get Shizuru out of a dungeon cell possess the emotional maturity and capability to realize Shizuru is out of her reach?

Also, Nina looks adorable in her Otome robes and Haruka is love. This is undeniable.

I wonder how the Emperor of Cartleya thinks he will be able to effectively make use of the stolen technology before Aswald shows up to kill him? It should take a while to be able to control technology that is likely far beyond anything he possesses. It's not like you can go from guns to cyborgs and otomes overnight.
Old 2006-02-25, 04:04   Link #29
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
How exactly does a fifteen year old hopelessly in love to the point of willingly joining the military of a invading nation just to get Shizuru out of a dungeon cell possess the emotional maturity and capability to realize Shizuru is out of her reach?
Get out of the cell you said?

Have you noticed that Shizuru is still imprisoned?

Tomoe got Shizuru out of the dungeon for HER OWN PURPOSES.

She never cared about Shizuru to begin with. Tomoe wants to have Shizuru, but she doesn't want a romance. Tomoe joined the military to get the authority and access to Shizuru. That's all.

In fact, Tomoe would need to keep Shizuru imprisoned, if she wants to maintain access to Shizuru's body as her personal property. Tomoe never cared about what other people wants. It's always about her. And as such why would she need to cave into Shizuru's requests, when Tomoe already got what she wanted?

Letting Shizuru go free now, would only mean returning her to Natsuki's arms. Tomoe won't let that happen, therefore you know she is willing to do anything to prevent an escape attempt.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2006-02-25 at 05:10.
Old 2006-02-25, 04:43   Link #30
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
As for Mikoto, I can't wait for her to appear in the next episode. But if human Mikoto is the Harmonium guardian person, then the Mikoto cat is purely a cat? Split personalities for Mikoto!
yes but one thing still itches me from episode 19, where they flashback how Arika was found with Mikoto on her lab, how the hell would Mikoto get there

it just raised my superstition of th theory that there's more to our tabby then meets the eye

also yes!

Spoiler for Mikoto, not too big of a spoiler if you've seen th next episode preview:
Old 2006-02-25, 06:21   Link #31
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Heheh. Fantastic episode, yet I am not sure why. Perhaps because everything seems to be going.. 'wrong'. It's not time I have lacking with this comment, but patience. So, I'll keep it breif.

What did I tell you all?!??!!? Nina did have a horrendous, pitiful and corrupting early childhood. Perhaps now those that were in doubt (and you all know who you are, even if Nina has gone up in your books since then, and you shouldn't forget it) now see why she is like the Nina that we see in present episodes. Sergei just dropped several.. hundred.. notches in my book. He reminds me, scarily enough, of Amon Goeth (and when did Sergei join the military..? ..At 17? That would be one big co-incidence). What an awful father figure for Nina. And what a one to get attached to. Point proven, I expect, but I'll have to wait for the sub.

I didn't like the ShizuruXTomoe stuff in this episode much. Even though ShizuruXNatsuki has been on the backburner for me ever since NinaXErstin and most recently AoiXChie. (Yeah.. I make poor choices. >.>) And the next episode preview didn't look too promising, even if Shizuru enjoyed it. And even though she is not one of my most favourite characters, I won't have anyone say she is some perverted person ready to get in bed with any 15-year old girl. I wonder if Sunrise will make something of it.. they seem to enjoy killing perfectly feasible relationships, perhaps they just chose to kill another. Those were good points, however, CVC.

And.. nooooooo.. Chie is testing one of those gems. They look.. dangerous.. and Nagi was talking about them if they were. I hope they don't corrupt the user and have any bad side-effects.
Old 2006-02-25, 06:39   Link #32
Urd
Airborne

Must agree with some opinions here...

Shizuru can't materialize yet, so how do u guys want her to escape? even if she sucefully escapes Tomoe, it wouldn't be a long-lived escape, since Tomoe has a GEM herself. And I think there's NO doubt that Tomoe would use force if necessary, had Shizuru rejected her. And Shiz knows that. Like someone said, what good is to Natsuki if Shizuru is dead? On the other part, I also think that Shiz doesn't want to build Tomoe's anger, i mean, if she gives her what she wants and gets all of her attention, Tomoe won't have time enough to hit her where it hurts: Natsuki!
Only see 2 options for this to end: ( i hope )..
1: When Natsuki comes for the rescue, for some reason she can't get to Shizuru (without passing through Tomoe, that is) and she says something like: oh, and btw, i had fun with ur little Shizuru-san every single night while u were gone.. and loved every minute of it! Natsuki goes psyco and kills Tomoe (oohh yeessssss....)
2: Tomoe sees that she can't get to Shizuru, 'cause she's in love with Natsuki and wants to kill the Headmaster out of anger. She gets killed (yessss...)
or there's always option n.3: Shiz mumurs Nat's name while doing the nasty, Tomoe gets mad, kills Shizuru and goes after Nat. Nat learns that Shiz is dead, kills Tomoe than kills herself in some heroic act.. (nooooooo.....)
of course there's the reset thing at the end and they get back together and we get to see THEM KISS, AT LEAST , NE SUNRISE??????

just my 2 cents
Old 2006-02-25, 07:22   Link #33
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I had a bit of hope after watching episode 19 which for a change wasn't a complete disaster but just as I expected it died with episode 20. For umpteenth time instead of leaving the characters to decide something some plot device was used to make them decide in favour of whatever the writers had in mind and to hell with motivation and character development. This Jabal creature should have just been named a plot device creature. The only good part was when Mashiro and Arika argued who was the bigger moron. It's a tough choice, I readily agree. I wonder if we are going to have just a rushed and stupid ending or a reset as an icing of the cake. I also wonder who the hell took the photograph of Nao and Natsuki - a paparazzo hiding in the desert? It was quite a funny scene, though, but when will Haruka, Yukino or Natsuki actually do something important for a change? Episode 26? The fact that people discuss mainly Shizuru's scene proves how boring this episode actually was.
Old 2006-02-25, 07:39   Link #34
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremalkinger
The only really dissapointing fight, to me, was Natsuki / Shizuru versus Aswald. Barely 20 seconds long, and half of that was recycled footage.
/wave hello Mr Fukuda

ToShizNat love triangle = interesting , screw the ShizNat fanboi, i'm all for three some stuff

uhm I wonder what do Natsuki request to Haruka president and get denied :/, also it seems to have lot of interesting conversation in this eps...arrrrh the wait for sub..
Old 2006-02-25, 07:44   Link #35
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

when tomoe was having conversation wif shizuru , one of the phrase she said " am going to carry doing my job ,based on my performances i might get "reward" "
the reward as in??!?!?!?
Old 2006-02-25, 07:47   Link #36
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendshipz
when tomoe was having conversation wif shizuru , one of the phrase she said " am going to carry doing my job ,based on my performances i might get "reward" "
the reward as in??!?!?!?
Shizuru is Tomoe's "pet", now. And Nagi will keep it that way as long as Tomoe is obedient to him.
Old 2006-02-25, 09:11   Link #37
Efreeta
Secret gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Have you noticed that Shizuru is still imprisoned?

Tomoe got Shizuru out of the dungeon for HER OWN PURPOSES.

She never cared about Shizuru to begin with. Tomoe wants to have Shizuru, but she doesn't want a romance. Tomoe joined the military to get the authority and access to Shizuru. That's all.
You know, this is exactly what surprised me the most about her behaviour. In episode 19 I was led to believe that there was something like a soul and a true concern for Shizuru, when she looked at her from behind the door and promised to get her out of there. Her expression and her eyes seemed to express this. In this episode I was rather surprised by the resolute way she stepped on to get her "reward". She surely knows how to make use of her new power to get what she wants, and that's one of the things that makes Tomoe so disturbing... (Although I'm not a Tomoe hater, I just dislike her a bit...)

Quote:
In fact, Tomoe would need to keep Shizuru imprisoned, if she wants to maintain access to Shizuru's body as her personal property. Tomoe never cared about what other people wants. It's always about her. And as such why would she need to cave into Shizuru's requests, when Tomoe already got what she wanted?

Letting Shizuru go free now, would only mean returning her to Natsuki's arms. Tomoe won't let that happen, therefore you know she is willing to do anything to prevent an escape attempt.
I agree with this and with your analysis of the situation in the previous posts.
I think that Chie may play an important role here, maybe she'll manage to help Shizuru in one way or another (at least letting her know the truth). I don't think it's a coincidence that after the Tomoe/Shizuru moment the scene cuts to Chie volunteering for the GEM... She seemed rather worried when she saw Tomoe and her new gang in the Principal office.
Old 2006-02-25, 10:41   Link #38
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Well, while I agree that it isn't a *shounen-type anime w/ loads of fights*, MH definately had MUCH more fights than MO...
Most of the good fight scenes from MH came from 20-26. Of course, we just went episode 20 without a good action scene... but there's still room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
And, I believe its abit hard to pull off the series in another 6 episodes with a *satisfactory ending*, when:
1) Mikoto (human form) is _just_ introduced next episode.
2) Mai hasn't made her enterence yet.
3) The 2 other pillars (colums) have yet to make an appearence as well.
4) They have yet to reveal the real princess, daughter of Rena, and who the 3rd girl is (if she doesnt fall into he former 2 category).
5) MIYU and what the heck Arika is (golden hair and all).

Too much information, too little time to make it not feel rushed in 6 episodes.
Agreed. I've been worrying about it for a while. But if anything, Sunrise managed to pack in an enormous amount into episode 17, and even though it felt a teeny bit rushed... it was still good. I'm hopeful they'll be able to wrap it all up.
Old 2006-02-25, 10:42   Link #39
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efreeta
You know, this is exactly what surprised me the most about her behaviour. In episode 19 I was led to believe that there was something like a soul and a true concern for Shizuru, when she looked at her from behind the door and promised to get her out of there. Her expression and her eyes seemed to express this. In this episode I was rather surprised by the resolute way she stepped on to get her "reward". She surely knows how to make use of her new power to get what she wants, and that's one of the things that makes Tomoe so disturbing... (Although I'm not a Tomoe hater, I just dislike her a bit...)
This is also the part that make me think in this ep. I always thought that Tomoe at least cared for Shizuru at some level but not this bad. This is totally like "love = own her." I thought Tomoe was not that twisted. This may just prove me wrong. Maybe I just don't believe there is someone who can be so cold blooded and selfish, cold blooded as to ignore what the person she loves really wants so she can make her truly happy, selfish as in having her pleasure on someone's pain and still enjoy it!
Old 2006-02-25, 10:46   Link #40
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efreeta
Well I'm going to hold off my judgement on what Tomoe's true motives are in this episode until I know a more accurate translation of her conversation with Shizuru. Some people (like Vallen) say it was near blackmail and that Shizuru knew Tomoe had imprisoned her 'for those deeds', and other people say that Tomoe was merely being suggestive, and that Shizuru played along with it and made Tomoe feel as though she 'could' get her reward.

Whichever it is, it's still power politics gone disturbingly wrong - I think I'd be less bothered if Tomoe was just a tiny bit older, Fujino/Kuga age.....that one year can make all the difference lol. I jest, I've merrily chimed support for Tomoe for the past 12 episodes because she causes drama - but ShizTom is being presented in such a warped scenario that I swear it's to consolidate ShizNat. Tomoe is her own worst enemy, bless her. It could have been hot but it's come across so one sided that it's just seedy. lolz. Sorry Jet :P

And I'm not discounting the possibility that nothing came of it - if Sunrise really wanted to confirm that direction they *wouldn't* have made the view go to the ceiling with a few rustlings.

Quote:
I agree with this and with your analysis of the situation in the previous posts.
I think that Chie may play an important role here, maybe she'll manage to help Shizuru in one way or another (at least letting her know the truth). I don't think it's a coincidence that after the Tomoe/Shizuru moment the scene cuts to Chie volunteering for the GEM... She seemed rather worried when she saw Tomoe and her new gang in the Principal office.
Yeah I think Chie would be a great candidate, because she's the only one who knows that situation (well Erstin too, but that option fell through) I do feel a bit concerned for Chie, I'm sure she's not going to live till ep 25, and I'm not sure she's a big enough name to compel a reset.

Can't wait to see Mikoto next episode - and hopefully Mai isn't going to be left till the very end. I'm surprised they've dragged the appearances of these two out so long - they were so central to HiME and here it's a bit of a joke
Closed Thread