AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-03-08, 14:27   Link #61
KrimzonStriker

Lelouch does his own thing for the most part, and the Order operate more independently from him. That way, we can shift in between Lelouch's personal quest and Geass related tidbits to the larger conflict in the Internationl Stage. That's how I think they'll play it anyway
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 14:43   Link #62
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I suppose we'll see some sort of thing where Lelouch has some of them split off into different groups to handle things. That would certainly test their strength as an organization.

Then Lelouch could work a bit independently and they could work in the romance in his life.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 14:47   Link #63
KrimzonStriker

Alright, that's settled, let's get this off of the Lost Colors thread before the mod deletes us
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 14:52   Link #64
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

True enough. Have to stop doing this in threads like this.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-03-08, 22:09   Link #65
Mossygirl
Rollo sees you

Interesting to see Lee will be in the game -- just how different are the PSP and PS2 versions? I remember reading something about the PS2 having a movie theater function, as well as each version having its own extra scenario/scene (or something like that, but I don't think I've seen this part translated before). I've preordered the PSP version (region free = better), so ... yeah, I can hardly wait
Mossygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 22:15   Link #66
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossygirl View Post
Interesting to see Lee will be in the game -- just how different are the PSP and PS2 versions? I remember reading something about the PS2 having a movie theater function, as well as each version having its own extra scenario/scene (or something like that, but I don't think I've seen this part translated before). I've preordered the PSP version (region free = better), so ... yeah, I can hardly wait
some different scenario's between the two.

PSP ones are military oriented. PS2 ones are dating oriented.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 03:22   Link #67
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

They are basically the same. The game system is all same, both with battles and dating.

Scenarios in PS2: Geass, OotBK, Britannia, Ashford, Bonus: Blue Moon.
Scenarios in PSP: Geass, OotBK, Britannia, Ashford, Bonus: JFL.

I wish they'd stop confusion people with the "military oriented" and "dating oriented" stuff. The only thing that's different is the percentage.
For instance, if the battle:dating percentage without the bonus scenarios is 50:50.
Blue Moon is all dating and no battle. Hence changing the percentage to 40:60.
JFL is all battle. Hence changing the percentage to 60:40.
That's all.

And PS2 version has another bonus: Theather Mode.
Which is absolutely meaningless in terms of story. It's for you to pick the lines you want to use and combine to create your own scenario. I bet we'll see a lot of video footage of silly conversations after this game is released.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 03:32   Link #68
ashlay
the red string of fate

so very much want localized version to be made. ;_;

sorry for being horribly off. ^_^b
Old 2008-03-09, 04:57   Link #69
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
so very much want localized version to be made. ;_;
sorry for being horribly off. ^_^b
Hey that ain't your fault. The "military oriented" and "dating oriented" are in their advertisement for some reason. I've seen people mistaking it as "PSP is battle only, PS2 is dating only" too.

I wonder how Bandai decide which games get localized. Popularity perhaps?
Lost Colors soared to top 10 of the preorder ranking in Amazon.jp several times when the 1)magazine info or 2)trailer was released. I believe Lost Colors will sell waaay much better than the DS game.
(The DS game is really good as well. Too bad it didn't get as much juicy stuff as the PS2/PSP game.)
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 05:02   Link #70
Mossygirl
Rollo sees you

^_^ Thanks for clarifying. I haven't seen too much additional translated information since the games were first announced, and since my Japanese knowledge isn't the greatest (should make playing the game interesting o_o) I haven't gone looking for it.
Mossygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 11:34   Link #71
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

If Code Geass is popular enough than I suppose we could see many of the games get localized. I really want that DS game to come out over here. I also hope that a sequel that takes place during R2 comes out as well.

By the way: http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3...oweaponsq4.jpg

Why is Rollo holding that?

Old 2008-03-09, 12:06   Link #72
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
If Code Geass is popular enough than I suppose we could see many of the games get localized. I really want that DS game to come out over here. I also hope that a sequel that takes place during R2 comes out as well.

By the way: http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3...oweaponsq4.jpg

Why is Rollo holding that?
Maybe is a knife?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 12:10   Link #73
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That's what it looks like to me.

Old 2008-03-09, 12:29   Link #74
digi.amuro

Quote:
That's what it looks like to me.
Actually, that's a picture of big bro Lelouch. The main character is running away from Rollo pulling a Major Hughes (FMA)

Rollo: Wait! Come back. I have to show you my oniisan.
MC: No, get the heck away from me, you crazy!

Rollo tackles him to the ground and begins divulging the awesomeness that is Lelouch, while MC's ear bleed in agony of Rollo's girly voice.

Old 2008-03-09, 12:31   Link #75
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

No, it's Rollo. The clothes you can see are the ones that Rollo wears casually. I suppose that the knife may not be all that sinister, but when you think about the main character's encounter with Rollo, you get the feeling that Rollo having a knife is not a good thing.

Old 2008-03-09, 12:47   Link #76
digi.amuro

Quote:
No, it's Rollo. The clothes you can see are the ones that Rollo wears casually. I suppose that the knife may not be all that sinister, but when you think about the main character's encounter with Rollo, you get the feeling that Rollo having a knife is not a good thing.
I meant that Rollo was carrying the photo while chasing the main character. Guess I need to work on clarification now.

Anyways, there hasnt been much in the specifics about the lost colors games, other than special features and such. Wish I had more info, but I guess I'll have to wait for my copy.

I really wish they would do a limited release of the Lost Colors video game (maybe web only) b/c I know that kind of game would sell poorly in the mainstream. Only hardcore Geass fans would even be interested, so they should do a little campaign, that way, they wouldnt be wasting too much money and fans would get to enjoy it in english. I realize that even that wouldnt happen, since it would be pretty pointless from a profit standpoint to localize a game that only maybe a couple 10's of 1000's will even buy. Which is why I hope some dedicated fans would translate the game (or at least the script)

If they do release the DS game(s?), I'll have one more point to add to argument for getting a DS (The World Ends With You is a big deal even before Geass, not to mention the Kingdom Hearts DS and Gundam 00 game.)
Old 2008-03-09, 12:51   Link #77
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Oh, I misunderstood you. Sorry.

I agree that this sort of game is the type that would mainly be popular in Japan and with the hardcore Geass fans.

I hope someone posts any info about the characters in season 2. It may not be exactly true to the storyline, but anything will help.

Old 2008-03-09, 13:51   Link #78
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

>_> Okay, I have to ask... Does anyone know if you can you hook up with Schneizel in this game?
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 13:53   Link #79
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I haven't heard any mention of that being possible.

Old 2008-03-09, 14:01   Link #80
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
I haven't heard any mention of that being possible.
no Rivalz route either. ;_;