AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 39 36.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 35.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 16.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-03, 22:39   Link #21
bloodyknight

It does look like our main man here is going to be the reluctant hero again...

Like many times before... but this time, it may just be targeted to another girl...

who is extremely fearful of the supernatural, i suppose...
Old 2008-12-03, 23:35   Link #22
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Minorin turn tables on them, Kitamura is a double agent. But yeah, Taiga is sad in end. She did not get any disclosure with Kitamura and she might lose Ryuji. Double punch. But yeah Ryuji's revenge against Ami is a bit lame yet funny. Heh.
Old 2008-12-04, 11:12   Link #23
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Finally some real progress.

Ami seems to be creeping her way into Ryuji. Good stuff
Old 2008-12-04, 12:16   Link #24
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Another excellent episode. First, Minorin and Kitamura turn the tables on the Toradora team in scaring them back (dragging poor Ami along as well). Then we have Ami discussing her feelings between hers and Minorin's relationship with Ryuji, Finally, the "ghost" analogy is given its conclusion with Minorin pledging to seek out her "ghosts".

Ami's development is certainly just as interesting as Minorin's, if not any more or less.

Taiga naturally takes a backseat in these two episodes, but she'll return to reclaim centre stage next week with your good ol' school festival coming up.

PS Upon seeing the characters get off at Obashi (大橋) Station, I can't believe I actually spent some time looking up the JR East railway map and googling to see if there's such a station, but found nothing, unsurprisingly.
Old 2008-12-04, 12:41   Link #25
BigJimmy
Burn ya git!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
BTW, what is it with girls who like the guy they want, end up pushing them off to their friends?
They believe that the person they like would never like them back, but that their friend either does or would like that person. Someone may as well be happy, even if it means it's not themselves.

In other news, never trust Minori. That girl's cunning like a weasel who has a fox for a best friend. Hmmmmm, a picture of Minori grinning with the tagline "I have a cunning plan!".....I like it!
Old 2008-12-04, 12:44   Link #26
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I had a feeling it was Minori since the last episode. It just felt like something she would do.
Old 2008-12-04, 13:04   Link #27
Caster13
=^_^=

So many heart strings are being pulled this episode. It makes me wonder who's will unravel first. And even then, will those hearts completely fall apart or will there be anybody there to hold it together?

Ami's becoming frustrated. She doesn't settle for merely being subtle and coy anymore but approaches Ryuuji directly, confronting him about Minori. When Ryuuji refuses to admit his feelings for Minori--when he refuses to open up to Ami--she shows her true self and becomes spiteful. Yet, even as she counted down towards zero, I thought I heard her voice straining as she counted the final "one" before bailing on the Scare Minori plan. It's interesting when she has her change of heart and decides to come along to the cave. Question is: does she change her mind because her true feelings for Ryuuji have melted the spite away or was it so she could set her own plan B into motion? I wonder how Ami will further react to the conversation Ryuuji and her share on the last night of the trip. It seemed as if Ryuuji thinks that he's figured her out, he thinks he realizes how lonely Ami is and offered his friendship. Will Ami settle for that? Future episodes will answer that. But she does seem to realize something about herself: she's not equal to Ryuuji, she implies, perhaps referring to how she spited him earlier.

Minori, continues to speak in metaphors and seemingly refuses to do otherwise. Ryuuji respects this, continuing to pursue her cautiously with her own metaphors. But will she ever reveal what she truly feels in a clear manner? She is, after all, an amazing actor with a powerful ability to deceive. When she started banging her fist against the cave wall, I seriously thought she was going to snap. If anything will ever happen between these two: it will have to take one of them telling the other how they feel blatantly and plainly.

Aisaka is being pulled apart in her own way. Kitamura makes her stronger: lifting the cooler and charging off recklessly. Even if she doesn't always react in the most positive ways, Kitamura does inspire Aisaka to (at least try to) act and she does want to show her strong side to him. She even shows off her protective side despite having egg--er, fried bean curd oil--on her face when Ryuuji and Ami talk down on Kitamura's "creative" traps. Finally, as she sees Ryuuji being pulled away from her, she feels it deeply. But of course, she's not giving up: she didn't spend a lot of time standing idly while her eyes watered and letting Ryuuji get ahead of her before catching up to him.

Now for some light-hearted observations.

When Minori mutters "seaweed" in her sleep, I had to wonder if maybe she was referring to anybody's "seaweed" in particular.

I loved how Kitamura yells "TOILET!" at Kushieda and Taiga then a massive wave comes out of nowhere and smacks them, mimicking the effect of what Kitamura just yelled at them.

Anybody else reminded of the Castle of Aaaaaaaaaaahhh from Monty Python and the Holy Grail when they saw Kitamura's blood message? =P
Old 2008-12-04, 13:12   Link #28
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Gave this a 10-1/10. Perfect development of both Minorin's and Ami's relationship with Ryuuji. And also Taiga's worries to Ryuuji are showing.
Problem why I gave this minus 1, the dark scenes in the cave are a little frustrating to watch.
Old 2008-12-04, 13:23   Link #29
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
I can now see the difference between Louise of ZnT and Taiga. In fact, both characters are really different. I mean, it's just the start of the series, and you can already see how close both of them are. Taiga is even capable of really showing how she feels for Ryuji, and exhibits a more "human" attitude compared to Louise.

Episode 10 is just epic, specially the ending.
Old 2008-12-04, 14:50   Link #30
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendevous View Post
I can now see the difference between Louise of ZnT and Taiga. In fact, both characters are really different. I mean, it's just the start of the series, and you can already see how close both of them are. Taiga is even capable of really showing how she feels for Ryuji, and exhibits a more "human" attitude compared to Louise.

Episode 10 is just epic, specially the ending.
Please don't start the Taiga - Louise comparison again...

But yeah, it was a nice episode ^^
Old 2008-12-04, 15:04   Link #31
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Pendevous, obviously you never read ZnT novels... And anime Louise like the whole anime is just a parody...You should not take it seriously.

At the same time Taiga is capable (and does so) of hurting Ryuuji more than Louise would ever hurt Saito (not physically, but verbally). Taiga is not a candy but again I mostly talk about novels in this case.

Anyway, a good episode as I said earlier. Makes me wish that Ami would have a chance, but sadly we all know who will win in this race...
Old 2008-12-04, 15:53   Link #32
SidVicious
Anime addict

Nice Urusei Yatsura reference.

(Minorin speaks the same phrase that Mendou Shutaro uses and Kitamura notices this)
Old 2008-12-04, 16:00   Link #33
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Awesome episode is awesome. At first, I thought that Kitamura and Minorin's intentions was to bring Taiga and Ryuuji together. Couple of funny parts, like when Ryuuji was hitting Ami with that food. But what really brings this ep out, as others pointed out, was the Ryuuji and Ami/Minorin development. Ami, for all intents and purposes, told Ryuuji that Minorin isn't fit for him, but she is. Such an indirect confession(that got interupted ).

Another thing to note is that look in Minorin's eyes whe she was saying she wanted to know why Ryuuji was trying to scare her looks kinda like.... what's the term..... yandere? Well, that blank stare is kinda creepy. And Taiga's sad puppy eyes at the end is cute <3.
Old 2008-12-04, 16:04   Link #34
Tiran86

This episode gets a 9/10 from me, like all the previous episodes aside from 3 and 4. Minori and Ami steal the show this episode.

While both get some nice development, it all seems to be more towards the friendship side of things. I wish Minori hadn't gotten interrupted by the fireworks though. She seemed to be hinting pretty strongly that it could turn to something more between the two, although she's not there yet. I'd like to know what she was going to say after I will...

Quote:
Makes me wish that Ami would have a chance, but sadly we all know who will win in this race...
I'd like to see either Minori or Ami win, but the obvious pairing of Taiga x Ryuuji would be fine too. I like all three girls.
Old 2008-12-04, 17:57   Link #35
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiran86 View Post
This episode gets a 9/10 from me, like all the previous episodes aside from 3 and 4. Minori and Ami steal the show this episode.

While both get some nice development, it all seems to be more towards the friendship side of things. I wish Minori hadn't gotten interrupted by the fireworks though. She seemed to be hinting pretty strongly that it could turn to something more between the two, although she's not there yet. I'd like to know what she was going to say after I will...

I'd like to see either Minori or Ami win, but the obvious pairing of Taiga x Ryuuji would be fine too. I like all three girls.
I would be eternally grateful if Ami wins, her character type rarely if ever, wins.
Old 2008-12-04, 18:55   Link #36
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

The Ryuuji/Minorin development was really good at the end of the episode as well. Really like this weeks.
Old 2008-12-04, 19:17   Link #37
kro

Send a message via AIM to kro
Best episode I've seen from anything in awhile. The dialogue is great.
Old 2008-12-04, 19:33   Link #38
Sixth
Hu Tao

so, i am the only one who don't really like this episode huh?

Well,probably because it lacks of comedy and Taiga.

Anyway, I quite surprise that Minorin is quite an actor. You totally cannot trust this girls easily. Same goes to Kitamura. He is double agent. His acting skills is sub-par with Minorin. I guess both of them make a good team in the future.

I wonder, is Taiga felt unease in the end of the episode? If yes, WHY?
Old 2008-12-04, 20:11   Link #39
bloodyknight

I guess judging by the looks of this, everyone feels that Ryuuji/Minori ending is up for grabs...

I still dont know what happened in EP 10... Damn frustrating...
Old 2008-12-04, 21:18   Link #40
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyknight View Post
I guess judging by the looks of this, everyone feels that Ryuuji/Minori ending is up for grabs...

I still dont know what happened in EP 10... Damn frustrating...
What do you mean you don't know what happened?

Aww poor Ami. Last 2 eps shes been like rejected and stuff. Poor her. Fav char rofl. Goooo Ami x Ryuuji. Actually Ami x Ryuuji is barely winning against Taiga x Ryuuji