AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-04-26, 09:51   Link #1
carllwyman

New LN TL Suggestions

Hey guys I'm sorta new to this site and as a translator but I need help on finding a series to translate. I really loved Overlord and Youjo Senki, so I'd like either a LN or WN similar to those thats darker themed and world building. Youjo Senki is super hard to translate though and was out of my current capabilities, otherwise I would have helped out with that. Anyway, would love suggestions.
carllwyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 10:38   Link #2
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Might I suggest Date A Live Fragment: Date A Bullet?

It's a spin-off of the LN series Date A Live (which is already fairly dark and tragic at times; the latest novel had every almost named brutally killed written in detail via a bad timeline) and has an overall darker tone - most named characters introduced in the first volume die, and don't come back. You also have girls being turned into dolls, survival games, etc...there is also a very strong sense of world-building - as it takes place in a pseudo-fantasy world that operates on its own rules that it explains really well.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 11:57   Link #3
Mazryonh

I'm pretty sure there are people here who will bombard you with requests for popular LN titles. I have less-popular titles in mind:
  • Angel Howling: This is an LN series from 2000 - 2004 with some stunningly good art but no trace of any English translation.
  • Masochistic Ecstasy: Ever since the anime adaptation of Dakara boku wa H ga Dekinai ended, I've been wondering what this newer novel by the same LN author is about.
  • ARK/BLOOD: Just a title that looked intriguing to me.
Any other genres you have in mind? Or are you looking to also translate less worksafe stuff like bakapervert?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 12:14   Link #4
pervypig

If you're really good in Jap, you might take up the challenge of "Haiyore! Nyaruko-san". There's the anime adaptation which covered Vol 1-7 and 11 but I heard it is really difficult because you need to be really savvy about the references it make to popular culture in Japan.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 16:07   Link #5
Roxanne
メンバー

Can you translate isekai goumun hime?
Note: Translation of the LN is stopped on vol 2
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 17:03   Link #6
Tomi

Aoi Haru no Subete
Tomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 18:00   Link #7
TatsuyaGod

Instead of throwing all these LNs at him like he wants you guys to. How about he do a One Shot LN and TL and then we can see if he can handle doing a real LN. No point in someone who work we haven’t seen pick up a LN that’s somewhat popular.
TatsuyaGod is offline   Reply With Quote