AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-04-10, 15:02   Link #521
cyberdemon

what do you guys think of upgradable keyblades for the game?
Old 2018-04-10, 15:10   Link #522
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Define upgradable.
Old 2018-04-10, 15:17   Link #523
cyberdemon

basically like the drive form leveling in 2 but focused around upgrading the individual keyblades you receive.
Old 2018-04-10, 20:54   Link #524
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So I have a question for you all:

Does anyone think that there's "enough" of Xion as an individual that would believably allow his/her to be reborn by sleep?

There are enough evidences around to suggest that Xion does still indeed exist as a separate consciousness that s/he can, like Roxas, be reborn as his/her own separate person. There are enough scenes in the series outside of 358/2 Days, especially in the DDD scenes involving Riku, that would suggest that s/he exists still as a consciousness inside Sora and simply buried in the same way as Roxas (and like Ventus) still is.

The problem being that if we are to assume that Heartless and Nobodies are natural byproducts of a heart removed from its owner, then Xion still remains an artificial construct that is neither of the two, and the result of his/her final union with Roxas before he himself reassimilated into Sora would suggest she no longer exist. Coupled with how not a single person actually remembers who s/he is, only a faint and vague feeling that a person once was on that clock tower with Roxas and Axel, how do you revive then someone who supposedly not even exists anymore and supposedly no one even remembers? The last person to technically meet Xion was Riku, and he obviously doesn't know who s/he is.

TBH out of the characters who in Diz's own words still await their chance at life again, I'm particularly enamored by the circumstances surrounding Roxas and Xion. I mean sure, in the non-Sora games Roxas, Xion, Ventus, Aqua and Terra all got dealt really absolute shitty hands, but goddamn I'd be lying if Roxas and Xion weren't absolutely tragic. Blank Points would revive in me the absolute belief that yes everyone one of these characters deserve their happy goddamn endings, but I really want a proper explanation on how this is supposed to work for Xion.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-10, 21:58   Link #525
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So I have a question for you all:

Does anyone think that there's "enough" of Xion as an individual that would believably allow his/her to be reborn by sleep?

There are enough evidences around to suggest that Xion does still indeed exist as a separate consciousness that s/he can, like Roxas, be reborn as his/her own separate person. There are enough scenes in the series outside of 358/2 Days, especially in the DDD scenes involving Riku, that would suggest that s/he exists still as a consciousness inside Sora and simply buried in the same way as Roxas (and like Ventus) still is.

The problem being that if we are to assume that Heartless and Nobodies are natural byproducts of a heart removed from its owner, then Xion still remains an artificial construct that is neither of the two, and the result of his/her final union with Roxas before he himself reassimilated into Sora would suggest she no longer exist. Coupled with how not a single person actually remembers who s/he is, only a faint and vague feeling that a person once was on that clock tower with Roxas and Axel, how do you revive then someone who supposedly not even exists anymore and supposedly no one even remembers? The last person to technically meet Xion was Riku, and he obviously doesn't know who s/he is.

TBH out of the characters who in Diz's own words still await their chance at life again, I'm particularly enamored by the circumstances surrounding Roxas and Xion. I mean sure, in the non-Sora games Roxas, Xion, Ventus, Aqua and Terra all got dealt really absolute shitty hands, but goddamn I'd be lying if Roxas and Xion weren't absolutely tragic. Blank Points would revive in me the absolute belief that yes everyone one of these characters deserve their happy goddamn endings, but I really want a proper explanation on how this is supposed to work for Xion.
Xion and Roxas are Sora, Xion is his memories and Roxas was Sora's husk with Ventus's heart. As much as I like Roxas the only reason to bring them back at this point would be for pure fanservice and not because it makes sense for the plot. Can anyone seriously think of an actual legit reason as to why they should return?

Yes, they still exist, as Sora. At the end of KH2 we are shown that Roxas and Naminé (mostly Roxas since Naminé was fine with it from the very beginning) have come to terms with returning to their original selves basically giving their character arcs a nice and tidy ending. I personally see no reason why they should return, they ARE Sora, if anything I would like it if they did returned as Sora and Kairi's kids or something in an epilogue, at least then it would make sense or you know, just have them show up as force ghosts like in KH2, that would at least make some sense... For what it's worth.

Also, am I the only one who finds it disturbing that the fanbase is so blind that they ship Roxas and Naminé even though for all intents and purposes they are twins and Xion and Roxas who are basically the same person and in a way yet another sibling pair? I know that japan and japanophiles love incest as of late, but please keep it out of KH.
Old 2018-04-10, 22:54   Link #526
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Xion and Roxas are Sora, Xion is his memories and Roxas was Sora's husk with Ventus's heart. As much as I like Roxas the only reason to bring them back at this point would be for pure fanservice and not because it makes sense for the plot. Can anyone seriously think of an actual legit reason as to why they should return?

Yes, they still exist, as Sora. At the end of KH2 we are shown that Roxas and Naminé (mostly Roxas since Naminé was fine with it from the very beginning) have come to terms with returning to their original selves basically giving their character arcs a nice and tidy ending. I personally see no reason why they should return, they ARE Sora, if anything I would like it if they did returned as Sora and Kairi's kids or something in an epilogue, at least then it would make sense or you know, just have them show up as force ghosts like in KH2, that would at least make some sense... For what it's worth.

Also, am I the only one who finds it disturbing that the fanbase is so blind that they ship Roxas and Naminé even though for all intents and purposes they are twins and Xion and Roxas who are basically the same person and in a way yet another sibling pair? I know that japan and japanophiles love incest as of late, but please keep it out of KH.
that is kind of the reveal of dream drop, that they still exist and sora can bring them back if I am remembering it correctly. I think it was because they both obtained their own hearts because they were their own individuals outside of sora and ventus, it's a weird plot point because it's the reason sora has darkness in his heart because sora has taken on not only his and ven's pain but also theirs.
Old 2018-04-10, 23:30   Link #527
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, one of the reveals was that over time, Nobodies will eventually develop their very own heart. Xemnas kept that detail from the rest of Organization XIII, to ensure they keep to his plan.

Personally I'd've preferred Roxas and Xion and Namine to remain integrated with their original selves, because as Chosen Hero said, it makes for a nice, tidy resolution to that plot point in Kingdom Hearts 2.
Old 2018-04-11, 07:55   Link #528
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
that is kind of the reveal of dream drop, that they still exist and sora can bring them back if I am remembering it correctly. I think it was because they both obtained their own hearts because they were their own individuals outside of sora and ventus, it's a weird plot point because it's the reason sora has darkness in his heart because sora has taken on not only his and ven's pain but also theirs.
Xion wasn't a nobody, she was a Sora replica created from memories and Roxas was not only a nobody that had a heart (how does something that already has a heart grow another?) but the only nobody to be able to return to his original self without having to be destroyed (Sora's heartless was also never destroyed).

The other members of Organization XIII didn't grow hearts out of nowhere, they were always destined to sooner or later regain their original hearts and return to their original selves (as said by Xemnas in DDD). If they had grown new hearts then Axel wouldn't be Lea, he would have become a new person entirely.

As I said before, Roxas and Xion already had their arcs finished so the whole pain thing came out of nowhere. Out of the two maybe Xion would have some sort of unfinished business but she was an existence in constant pain of being incomplete and by being defeat by Roxas and returning to Sora she was supposed to find peace as sad as her entire arc was. Roxas conflict ended the moment he accepted that he was a part if Sora at the end of KH2 so his supposed pain should have been gone at that moment, by saying that he is still in pain his entire character arc in KH2 and 358/2 is being negated since a nobody is supposed to find peace the moment he or she returns to their original self.

The pain and darkness that Sora gained was more from his empathy and how easily he tends to not only accept but connect with other hearts, mainly how he is connected to Aqua, Ventus and Terra and their fate, Xion and Roxas are not and should not be included. Sadly, from certain trailers we have seen so far they might for some asinine reason.
Old 2018-04-16, 15:45   Link #529
cyberdemon

New trailer with some minigames from 3

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-04-17, 20:29   Link #530
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Old 2018-05-16, 02:03   Link #531
cyberdemon

There's a private event this Friday where some people are going to have a chance to play Kingdom Hearts 3

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/05/15...coming-may-18/

beware potential spoilers if you don't like them. Doubt any massive spoilers but there are still likely to be some spoilers.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2018-05-16 at 02:17.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-16, 06:51   Link #532
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Maybe we'll get a release date here or in E3...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-16, 09:55   Link #533
The Green One

Hey if we can get a release date, a real one, I'll be happy enough.
Old 2018-05-16, 20:24   Link #534
MCAL

Should note that the latest fiscal report Square Enix published still has KH 3 set for a 2018 release, so that hasn't changed at least.

EDIT:
YouTube

YouTube

Gameplay Videos!

Also we'll be getting a release date next month. Which I guess means E3.

EDIT 2:
YouTube

And here's some gameplay with cutscenes.

Last edited by MCAL; 2018-05-22 at 21:18.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 16:11   Link #535
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

The attractions and keyblade transformations look much better than I previously thought. Originally I thought they'd be a bit intrusive like summons, but they look natural in the gameplay, which is great considering hacking and slashing gets boring after 20-some hours. I'm betting on an October release date, given that Nomura said they're putting finishing touches on the game now.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 19:21   Link #536
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

"You can't be serious. Oh right, you're from a video game"
Damn, did the writers burn themselves?

Also, it's nice to see Sora's new moves such as how he run accross walls. Osment does sound older than in II but in combat it feels they used audio from II for Sora.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 20:40   Link #537
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Osment does sound older than in II but in combat it feels they used audio from II for Sora.
Its actually from DDD.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-20, 01:42   Link #538
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

I hope Roxas becomes playable again at some point, even if it's only for a small portion.
Old 2018-05-21, 00:50   Link #539
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuranbo View Post
I hope Roxas becomes playable again at some point, even if it's only for a small portion.
I feel that Roxas is just going to be merged into Ventus when he is rescued becoming the dark portion of Ventus's heart.
Old 2018-05-21, 02:17   Link #540
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I feel that Roxas is just going to be merged into Ventus when he is rescued becoming the dark portion of Ventus's heart.
He can't, Roxas IS Sora, if anything, one of the Xehanort clones is most definitely Vanitas and he will most likely end up returning to Ventus after everything is said and done.